Ashley Young | now of Everton

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
How poor is that league though that a 35 year old Young is in a title winning team. At his peak he was average. I’m his last few years he was absolutely shocking. Says it all about the quality really. Congrats to him though!
Zinchenko is winning his 3rd PL in 4 years and is in a CL final

jem

So all white English people are racist now? Sorry that comment is totally wrong and unwarranted. Just because people who post on the Caf got their knickers in a twist about him being Club captain, is more to do with his ability not colour. Personally thought he was a good player for us, who got a lot of crap as he was given the captaincy (just like Maguire is now, who is white and English)
Where did the poster say all white English people are racist?

Green_Red

So all white English people are racist now? Sorry that comment is totally wrong and unwarranted. Just because people who post on the Caf got their knickers in a twist about him being Club captain, is more to do with his ability not colour. Personally thought he was a good player for us, who got a lot of crap as he was given the captaincy (just like Maguire is now, who is white and English)
We have a biter

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
How poor is that league though that a 35 year old Young is in a title winning team. At his peak he was average. I’m his last few years he was absolutely shocking. Says it all about the quality really. Congrats to him though!
Conte did the same with [Irrelevant point] and Victor Moses

He’s amazing at coaching wingbacks.

Andersonson

Couldnt find a proper thread, but no love for our former Captain? Started 20 games this season at the age of 37. Played very well again today for a very decent Villa side.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
A player who 2 years after we signed him couldn't beat a player, was a one trick pony and should have been sold at least 4 years earlier but instead got converted into a full back?
Oh and he ate bird shit aswell.
Yeah no.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Couldnt find a proper thread, but no love for our former Captain? Started 20 games this season at the age of 37. Played very well again today for a very decent Villa side.
Did he win a title in Italy with inter? I liked Young and him still going is testament to his attitude and commitment. Should never have been more than a squad player for us though.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Really good pro.
Did he win a title in Italy with inter? I liked Young and him still going is testament to his attitude and commitment. Should never have been more than a squad player for us though.
He did.

FujiVice

was a one trick pony
Fabio Capello, Alex Ferguson, Uri Emery, Gérard Houllier, Martin O'Neil, Antonio Conte, Jose Mourinho, Gareth Southgate, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and Louis Van Gaal all started him and in about six different positions. A one trick pony he simply isnt and all his managers loved him.

arthurka

Fabio Capello, Alex Ferguson, Uri Emery, Gérard Houllier, Martin O'Neil, Antonio Conte, Jose Mourinho, Gareth Southgate, Ole Gunnar Solksjaer and Louis Van Gaal all started him and in about six different positions. A one trick pony he simply isnt and all his managers loved him.
This, not flashy but efficient.

Revaulx

A decent but limited and injury prone winger.

Until LvG came along and immediately transformed him into an absolute warrior. I’m glad he left when he did, but if he hadn’t I’m sure Erik would have loved him as well.

GifLord

He was an attacking winger when we bought him. He scored 5 goals and made 16 assists in 3 seasons for Utd in 83 games. He should have been gone alongside Valencia but instead we gave them new contracts and new positions. While City was buying players and improving each season we were playing Charity United and drowning lower and lower with each passing season. Also forgot to mention i seriously disliked his diving antics.

DOTA

I think maybe he could've reached a higher level if he hadn't missed so many games to shag GifLord's girlfriend but it's easy to say that in hindsight.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He was an attacking winger when we bought him. He scored 5 goals and made 16 assists in 3 seasons for Utd in 83 games. He should have been gone alongside Valencia but instead we gave them new contracts and new positions. While City was buying players and improving each season we were playing Charity United and drowning lower and lower with each passing season. Also forgot to mention i seriously disliked his diving antics.
Do you do anything other than moan and make GIFs nowadays? Come across very bitter fella

GifLord

Do you do anything other than moan and make GIFs nowadays? Come across very bitter fella
Not bitter I just hate how this club's been run. The holier than thou schtick with homegrown/english players. Giving certain players 5-6 chances when they weren't even worth giving 2. Not shipping out players who were way past it because they were club legedns,... We've spent over a $ billion in the last 10 years and are still as shit as we were after Moyes. We have literally become a banter club - a laughing stock.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not bitter I just hate how this club's been run. The holier than thou schtick with homegrown/english players. Giving certain players 5-6 chances when they weren't even worth giving 2. Not shipping out players who were way past it because they were club legedns,... We've spent over a $ billion in the last 10 years and are still as shit as we were after Moyes. We have literally become a banter club - a laughing stock.
feck are you taking about? Have some perspective please, there was always going to be ups and downs post SAF. Focus on the fact that we are doing a lot better and moving in the right direction how about that?

Crying about us being a banter club when the majority of football clubs in this country would be over the moon to have a team in this position and on this trajectory...

ti vu

A player who 2 years after we signed him couldn't beat a player, was a one trick pony and should have been sold at least 4 years earlier but instead got converted into a full back?
Yeah no.
Agree to some extend here. We have been run badly on a lowering standard trajectory. Someone like Ashley Young who failed in his primary position somehow got a new life in another position because we recruited badly. And even now Ashley Young doesn't look like he's worse than some of the players in our squad. He was even our club captain before he left. Ashley Young worked hard for us, and a good servant to the club, but it's still a highlight of how badly our club run. And his successor for the captain armband is...

Don't think it's worth an outburst now since Young had left for over 3 seasons now though.

Last edited:

el3mel

You are the most bitter person I have seen here. When you hate a player, you aren't just content with hating him, you want to convince all of us to hate him, and you keep on doing it again and again. You can't move on.

GifLord

feck are you taking about? Have some perspective please, there was always going to be ups and downs post SAF. Focus on the fact that we are doing a lot better and moving in the right direction how about that?

Crying about us being a banter club when the majority of football clubs in this country would be over the moon to have a team in this position and on this trajectory...
Doing a lot better? Just a few days ago we got destroyed by a Sevilla team that's been closer to bottom 6 than top 6. Over a month ago Liverpool who might not even be playing in UCL absolutely destroyed us with one of our worst defeats ever.
We've barely scored goals in the league and are reliant on 1 player being in form to produce miracles - scored less goals than last season after 30 rounds . So how are we doing much better? It's almost the exact same thing as under Ole. If we don't get proper players in the summer next season is gonna be another shitshow.

RVN1991

Decent squad player and model pro. Never understood the hate for him from some section of the fan base but when you have as many supporters as we do you'd figure there would be enough dick heads in the crowd.

GifLord

You are the most bitter person I have seen here. When you hate a player, you aren't just content with hating him, you want to convince all of us to hate him, and you keep on doing it again and again. You can't move on.
It's got nothing to do with being bitter. I'm being realistic while some on here are being crazy optimistic just like they've been under Mourinhho and Ole. I'm not stepping on Ice for a 3rd time.
As for the players part. If some of you can't see a player being shit after 1 season then there's no helping you. I was right about Lukaku, Maguire and Lingard. Rashford finally started performing but even he seems to have now gone back to his former shell.
You only win things with consistent players.

el3mel

It's got nothing to do with being bitter. I'm being realistic while some on here are being crazy optimistic just like they've been under Mourinhho and Ole. I'm not stepping on Ice for a 3rd time.
I'm clearly not talking about your opinion about the manager (I don't care about it). I'm talking about how you can't move on from players who left us to other teams and constantly shit on them even when they have nothing to do with us anymore. You can't move on from them.

Young had left us few years ago. What's the point of slaughtering him now?

GifLord

I'm clearly not talking about your opinion about the manager (I don't care about it). I'm talking about how you can't move on from players who left us to other teams and constantly shit on them even when they have nothing to do with us anymore. You can't move on from them.

Young had left us few years ago. What's the point of slaughtering him now?
Because he was part of the banter era.

HarryP

Bit of a stretch to say all managers loved him. He was an average player for Utd in the grand scheme of things. He started a lot because the club was in a mess for most of his time there - and players like him starting was no small reason why that was the case.

DOTA

Bit of a stretch to say all managers loved him. He was a average player for Utd in the grand scheme of things. He started a lot because the club was in a mess for most of his time there - and players like him starting was no small reason why that was the case.
My memory is of him recieving a considerable amount of praise from several of those names. I think even when he's been down the pecking order he's been the kind of player managers love having in their squad, in training and when needed on the field.

Skills

Snitch
Yeah no.
Tbf he couldn't beat a winger before we beat him as well. It was a weird buy at the time.