Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Don't care let him go. We won't do anything this season might as well get rid of the deadwood before the new manager comes in
That's probably the fairest reason for letting him leave to be fair...

However, I just know that it'll come March, and we'll have Shaw and Dalot injured, and then Williams will pick up a knock and Ole will say "Well you can't legislate for these injuries" and at that point i'll throw something at my TV... probably my phone as it'll be in my hand at the time, causing both my Phone to break, and my TV to smash... possibly coming falling off the wall and damaging the unit that sits below it that my Playstation is on, breaking that too...

Basically, I don't think they're considering how much this will cost me on a financial level.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's probably the fairest reason for letting him leave to be fair...

However, I just know that it'll come March, and we'll have Shaw and Dalot injured, and then Williams will pick up a knock and Ole will say "Well you can't legislate for these injuries" and at that point i'll throw something at my TV... probably my phone as it'll be in my hand at the time, causing both my Phone to break, and my TV to smash... possibly coming falling off the wall and damaging the unit that sits below it that my Playstation is on, breaking that too...

Basically, I don't think they're considering how much this will cost me on a financial level.
:lol:

Thiagoal

Can we like send a truck there with Jones, Bailey, matic, lingard, mata and Rojo. We might even offer them a bulk discount.
Matic...really?? Did you not see how reliant we are of him at the moment??

Nick7

Let him sign to go in the summer. Would be reckless to leave us with just Williams and Shaw.

Canagel

I thought I’d seen it all, but no, here’s the Caf collectively up in arms at the possible sale of Ashley Young :houllier:
Nobody is up in arms about the sale itself, they are up in arms because of the cirumanstances and timing of it. Read properly

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Feck me, I've wanted Young gone for about five years and now that it's finally happening, it's at the only time I don't want him gone. Feck you, club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I think this indicates that Ole is not going to take it slow anymore on Williams. See, youngster, your time will come. Gomes also should be patient because you never know that the next player who will leave in January will be Lingard.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Just saw that according to the Daily Mail he has agreed a pre-contract and will join Inter in the summer, as United aren't prepared to let him go in January.

Mind you it's the Mail (specifically from Sami Mokbel) so not sure on reliability.

Paul_Scholes18

I don't think we'll buy anything even if we let him go.
Me neither we are a mess in the market. We made Fellaini, Mata as late panic buys. Falcao late panic buy. Marital late panic buy. All of this should have been done earlier. Now under Ole we sold Lukaku late without getting someone in. It is a joke how we act in the market. Under Mourinho it was better at least since we got most deals done before the seasons started even if the last window was poor.
I think it is both managers and board/Ed to blame here for our mess.

SoCross

Laird can step up.

Shaw, Williams, Dalot, AWB, Laird. That's plenty cover for two positions.

I'll be sad to see him go though, Ashley has grown on me as a player with his commitment to the cause.

Lynty

Let him go.

We have ample cover in his position, even if there not all strictly full backs.

Von Mistelroum

Hmm, I'm really not sure about this! It would depend very strongly on how much money is involved. We NEED to strengthen our team and we'll need money to do this. With that in mind I don't think we should be paying Inter more than £20m tops to take Young...maybe £50m IF they take Lingard too I guess. Addition by subtraction and all that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Hmm, I'm really not sure about this! It would depend very strongly on how much money is involved. We NEED to strengthen our team and we'll need money to do this. With that in mind I don't think we should be paying Inter more than £20m tops to take Young...maybe £50m IF they take Lingard too I guess. Addition by subtraction and all that.
If we could get £50m for Lingard and Young I'd piggyback the pair of them to Milan myself.

the level of money we are talking about is largely irrelevant. If we ‘sold’ Young now I doubt we would even get a fee as Inter will sign him on a pre-contract as they are entitled to do. So the question is whether it’s worth us releasing him and saving his wages against what he could give us over the next 5 months. Given he’s one of a few players who is usually fit, and has played 18 times already, then I would keep him around.

An injury to AWB and we are buggered. Dalot and Shaw both have appalling injury records, and Williams has played 10 matches for the club.

He should stay until the summer, and then I will wish him well. He’s been a good player for us, and some of the (bird) shit fans have given him is well out of order. He’s one of the few players we have had over the past 6 years that puts in the right effort week in/ week out.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
One of the few positions where we're fairly well equipped.

Let him go, thanks for the service and professionalism.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
At least 2.

And considering 2 of our 4 options are the injury baskets that are Dalot and Shaw... we obviously can't just have the 4.
Okay i kind of get the point but then this says more about the actual problem. Williams is looking good but our first choice LB is not really a starter material. Injuries don’t help him too.

Young is no Roberto Carlos mind. The only positive I see here that it creates a void in the LB position that will definitely need catering in the summer.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whilst he's got a shit ton of experience, and he leaves it all on the field...he's getting on a bit and isn't very good.

Dalot should be able to produce what Young offers.

Whilst he's got a shit ton of experience, and he leaves it all on the field...he's getting on a bit and isn't very good.

Dalot should be able to produce what Young offers.
the question is not whether he should go or not it’s whether he should go in Jan?

He’s leaving in the summer at the latest.

Has Dalot ever played (started and finished) consecutive games for the club?

I don’t think we can afford for him to leave now. If all our FBs suddenly stay fit, it means he sits on the bench for 5 months, so what?

The reality of we have Shaw and Dalot who struggle to stay fit. AWB will need a break at some point and there’s every chance he will run into bad form as he’s still a young player. Williams has shown great potential, but again will likely have bad games and need to be taken out of the side as he’s so inexperienced.

youngrell

Nobody is up in arms about the sale itself, they are up in arms because of the cirumanstances and timing of it. Read properly
I can read just fine, thanks. The circumstances are that another club wants to take one of the players who gets the most abuse from fans off our hands, and fans are complaining about it.

Suvvernmanc

Isn't it written in the stars that we will get Inter in the EL knock out stages. Big Rom to score the winner and Ashley young to give a wing back master class. :lol:

M Bison

Supports
York City
Despite the general view of him across the fanbase, he's been a very good player for us. We'll look back with fond memories of him if he does leave.

Would be a great signing for Inter IMO.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I don't really see a downside in keeping him, it's not like we have any reserve players at RB knocking on the door. Laird needs at least another season, so Young is basically the only AWB cover.

Inter aren't going to pay a fee anyway I'd imagine, so don't see any upside. His wages are big, but 5 months worth is kind of immaterial.

Artorias

Despite the general view of him across the fanbase, he's been a very good player for us. We'll look back with fond memories of him if he does leave.

Agree. Good luck to him. Maybe a Matic + Young = 15- 20M could work.

I've wanted Young gone for a while. But the squad is threadbare.

Starting to feel Ole's job is just to strip the squad right back so the new manager literally has a clean slate!

Lynty

I don't really see a downside in keeping him, it's not like we have any reserve players at RB knocking on the door. Laird needs at least another season, so Young is basically the only AWB cover.

Inter aren't going to pay a fee anyway I'd imagine, so don't see any upside. His wages are big, but 5 months worth is kind of immaterial.
Williams, Dalot, Jones, Tuenzebe, we can stretch to James if we were desperate.

Red Royal

I imagine this will be done in January and AWB will pick his injury up around 1st February... (hope not but the way our season is going).

Wayne's World

I know Inter are talking to him but it seems more likely he'll sign for them in the summer rather then January since his contract is up with us? Unless Inter are desperate to take him off our hands now

DVG7

Absolutely no chance will everyone look back on him with fond memories. His level the last 3 years in particular has been shocking.

Zlatanator

If I was in his shoes, I wouldn't turn this down. seriously, just putting in 6 months of good work will fetch him a serie a title

Status
Not open for further replies.