Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I would wait for the likes of Ducker and Stones to confirm the latest report from Sky before spitting my dummy out.

Personally I hope he leaves because I do believe in Laird. Also the opportunity to play for abig club abroad should be enticing for Young at his age, and he possibly won't get the opportunity again if he stays on as a bit part player.

Zlatattack

Ashley Young has been okay at Manchester United. During the Fergie era he was a decent squad option, post then he did what he was asked to do to the best of his ability. Sometimes he was good, other times he was shite, but the guy was an attacking winger, not a fullback, he only deputised as one for the last 3 or 4 years.

Good luck to him at Inter, he deserves an opportunity to ply his trade elsewhere at a good club without any animosity for us.

As for replacements, we have plenty of players to do a job.

LB - Shaw, Williams, Dalot, Rojo (if we're really desperate)
RB - AWB, Dalot, TFM, Laird

We don't need to rely on Young, we need to give Dalot a chance to prove himself and we need to really long term replace Shaw.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Why? It's clearly time for Young to move on. Best thing for player and club.

FFS...If this really does pan out to be true, I am going to visit my Doctor.
This club is seriously damaging my health.... :(

laughtersassassin

If and it's a big if we have offered Young a contract then please just dissolve the club. It's gone beyond a joke.

Deery

Dreary
One year contract extension?
It’s getting depressing supporting United these days.

Nick7

feck sake. This summer is the perfect time for him to go. No need to keep him for another year.

Based Adnan

What a joke. Offering Ashley Young another fecking renewal to fend off interest. We should be thanking our lucky stars someone wants to take him this month instead of renewing.

It's decisions like this which is why our squad is a fecking shambles.

Trex

No issue with him getting a new deal if he is 3rd choice in both roles considering shaw and dalot injury record,i dont think he would get much game time...its like a safe bet

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

It is short irons between Manchester United and Ashley Young . As reported by the British media, Manchester United offered the renewal of a contract for a season to the English footballer but Young refused : he only wants Inter.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We are probably doing the lad a favour after nearly a decade of service. He’s negotiating a contract with Inter Milan and we’ve put something on the table to give him a stronger hand in those negotiations.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
t is short irons between Manchester United and Ashley Young . As reported by the British media, Manchester United offered the renewal of a contract for a season to the English footballer but Young refused : he only wants Inter.

The boy's choice has been made, he wants to go to Inter since this January market . Conte who would have liked him at Chelsea two seasons ago, made an express request to immediately reinforce the Nerazzurri squad. The English player for his part is pushing and has already informed Ole Gunnar Solskjær that he will no longer play. Starting from the next game where he wouldn't even want to go on the bench.

Now the ball goes to United. Inter awaits only the green light from the English club and the quantification of the compensation - minimum - to be paid in the United coffers. It's only a matter of time, then Ashley Young will be a new Inter player.
Reported by Di Marzio. Young doesn't want to play and don't want to be in match day 18.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We are probably doing the lad a favour after nearly a decade of service. He’s negotiating a contract with Inter Milan and we’ve put something on the table to give him a stronger hand in those negotiations.
Yeah that's logical, good thinking Pex. You're the Athenian thinker amongst the rest of us.

Jambalaya

What a prick.Stinking a place over a 10y period and now refusing to play for us.Club is a joke.Demote him in reserves till summer.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
IF we are offering him an extension, it will be largely due to what he offers this squad off the pitch rather than on it. Same with Mata. This is a young squad and they no doubt get some benefit from having a few veterans of the right character around the place.

jackal&hyde

Hopefully this is true but worrying that we offered him a new deal. It makes sense to keep him until the summer, let him leave and then buy a left back.
The problem is we already have to bring maybe 2 mids, a right winger and possibly a striker. I hope Laird is ready.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Captain is refusing to play or even be named in the squad?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Hopefully this is true but worrying that we offered him a new deal. It makes sense to keep him until the summer, let him leave and then buy a left back.
It would be better for the team if we used whatever amount it would cost to buy a left back that will improve us on the best midfielders we can get.

Rooney24

My brain doesnt allow me to think this way.

Just in despair we would actually offer him an Extension. If true, thank feck he rejected.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Vultures literally picking the rotten meat from our dead Carcass!

we are so fecked - next year I am going to be really worried about relegation! Players are going to be deserting like rats off a sinking ship:lol::lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Reported by Di Marzio. Young doesn't want to play and don't want to be in match day 18.
Really? I thought he'd be happy to fill in as and when, and even if he fancied a move he'd see out his contract without being difficult. If these reports are true it seems everyone has an attitude at United.

theklr

Really? I thought he'd be happy to fill in as and when, and even if he fancied a move he'd see out his contract without being difficult. If these reports are true it seems everyone has an attitude at United.
How would he be happy with beiing a back-up and play once every 4 games? He still got his professional pride which is clear to see when he is playing.

Chicharito_

Amazing we can't even keep Ashley Young at the club, remember this time everyone as I honestly think this is the bottom - only up from here.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
How would he be happy with beiing a back-up and play once every 4 games? He still got his professional pride which is clear to see when he is playing.
Fair point, but it's not unheard of for players to be happy filling in for whatever reason. Young has been doing that this season without complaint (up until now by the sounds of it) and Romero is the consummate club number two. If he's settled at United there'd be no shame in winding down here, equally there's nothing wrong with wanting a final move elsewhere, I just didn't expect to read those reports about Young today.

led_scholes

W
Ashley Young has been okay at Manchester United. During the Fergie era he was a decent squad option, post then he did what he was asked to do to the best of his ability. Sometimes he was good, other times he was shite, but the guy was an attacking winger, not a fullback, he only deputised as one for the last 3 or 4 years.

Good luck to him at Inter, he deserves an opportunity to ply his trade elsewhere at a good club without any animosity for us.

As for replacements, we have plenty of players to do a job.

LB - Shaw, Williams, Dalot, Rojo (if we're really desperate)
RB - AWB, Dalot, TFM, Laird

We don't need to rely on Young, we need to give Dalot a chance to prove himself and we need to really long term replace Shaw.
Well, the reason he converted to a fullback was because he was useless as a winger. He never was decent. He was always average. He should have been sold 5 years ago. Not that he was one of our main problems.

theklr

Amazing we can't even keep Ashley Young at the club, remember this time everyone as I honestly think this is the bottom - only up from here.
Well, look at the bright side - we would probably get a small fee , and it would add to the pressure of us actually signing someone this window.

Also, it means more play time for Dalot.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Lukaku wanted to leave same as Sanchez. Meanwhile Pogba wants to leave as well, Gomes and Chong have yet to sign a new contract, Smalling doesn't want to come back and we're now begging Young to sign a contract extension. But but I thought everyone wanted to be managed by Ole?

Honestly I would let him, Shaw and Dalot go only to bring in Meunier and Kurzawa as replacement on a free. However that would require us being effective on the transfer market

Rajma

Nah, most likely he’s pushing hard to leave us this window and it was our desperate attempt to keep him until the summer comes.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That's almost certainly not true - the club themselves literally announced he was leaving at the end of the season didn't they?

Mainoldo

Thank you Ashley do the fans a favour from this joke of a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.