Ashley Young to Inter Milan | Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Nah, most likely he’s pushing hard to leave us this window and it was our desperate attempt to keep him until the summer comes.
Erm... but our (successful) attempt to keep him until the summer would be to do absolutely nothing...

redshaw

It's like Conte is saying look what I can do with your so called rubbish, I'm a world class coach.

Usually I'd be up for letting Young go, like in the past summer if bringing in an improvement but we're so light as a squad just now i don't think it's good until the end. What's surprising is just how fast Young is at 34, he can hold his own against younger players still.

Also our players like Shaw, TFM ad Dalot seem to be injured all the time and we've barely seen Laird but I wouldn't want to step in the way of Young's last chance at his age.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nah, most likely he’s pushing hard to leave us this window and it was our desperate attempt to keep him until the summer comes.
Which makes no sense whatsoever as we can keep him regardless of whether he signs a new deal or not.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We could have easily offered him a 1 year contract on about 30k, doesn't really mean anything that we offered an extension. Outrage merchants in full flow on the caf.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Right time to move him on anyway at 34. A greater role for William's and possibly Laird who looks promising in the academy.

Mainoldo

Eh you could say the same when Vidic jumped ship in January with Moyes. Young isn't the first, and he's stuck around much longer than most.
He wants out the same reason Vidic wants out though. The place is toxic and filled of excuses.

AneRu

Fair point, but it's not unheard of for players to be happy filling in for whatever reason. Young has been doing that this season without complaint (up until now by the sounds of it) and Romero is the consummate club number two. If he's settled at United there'd be no shame in winding down here, equally there's nothing wrong with wanting a final move elsewhere, I just didn't expect to read those reports about Young today.
But he has a chance to get involved a title challenge now and possibly be a favourite to lift the Europa League as compared to having a squad role at a struggling club with all the doom surrounding the club.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
But he has a chance to get involved a title challenge now and possibly be a favourite to lift the Europa League as compared to having a squad role at a struggling club with all the doom surrounding the club.
Yeah fair enough on Young's part wanting the Inter move, I just didn't expect him to down tools to force it (if the reports are true).

RoyH1

Come on Inter, do us a solid here and allow Young to leave the place without a fuss and play the last years of his career in Italy.

RedNed77

We're short on cover, its apparently "very difficult" to sign players in the January transfer window, he's under contract until summer, why let him go now. Just keep him until the summer. Its not rocket science, we don't need to sign him up again for another year. I hope @Pexbo theory of us doing him a favour in negotiations is all this is. I don't dislike Young but his time is up.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
With the reports he wants out, might it have something to do with the dogs abuse he gets on here, twitter and everywhere else on a weekly basis maybe?

Leanshig

Young is and always has been, never good enough for Man United. Even when he was signed on a free, it should've been as a squad player on the wings. The fact he's 34 and still making the team says more about us than it does about his quality. He's awful, seems like a nice bloke but totally out of depth as a player at a club like United.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The fact we even offered him an extension after this news shows how clueless we are. They probably had no fecking idea that Young was even considering leaving.

Leanshig

The fact we even offered him an extension after this news shows how clueless we are. They probably had no fecking idea that Young was even considering leaving.
The fact United offered him an extension last year shows how clueless they are. He's a complete liability and has been for years. Best summed up by that performance in Camp Nou last year.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Look around Redcafe. Does it seem like a good time to be Manchester United? The whole energy of the club is a joke.
Redcafe is not really indicative of what the club is like. This guys is 34, not playing any more and been offered to go to Italy, it's a fantastic opportunity. If he wants to go into the game after, it is also a superb experience to learn another perspective.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Young is and always has been, never good enough for Man United. Even when he was signed on a free, it should've been as a squad player on the wings. The fact he's 34 and still making the team says more about us than it does about his quality. He's awful, seems like a nice bloke but totally out of depth as a player at a club like United.
That’s patent rubbish. He was never ever as bad as that. The fact that we’ve kept on a waning player and that’s down to our pathetic policy of keeping on an aging player

Based Adnan

That’s patent rubbish. He was never ever as bad as that. The fact that we’ve kept on a waning player and that’s down to our pathetic policy of keeping on an aging player
Even at his absolute peak he was never good enough for us. Couple months of good form in his first season and its been nothing but shite and "doing a job" since.

Mainoldo

Redcafe is not really indicative of what the club is like. This guys is 34, not playing any more and been offered to go to Italy, it's a fantastic opportunity. If he wants to go into the game after, it is also a superb experience to learn another perspective.
He’s not off to Sampdoria. He’s going to the club currently sitting top 2 in Italy. He wants out now because at 34 he’s actually managed to get a step up. His game time will be exactly the same.

Mainoldo

Even at his absolute peak he was never good enough for us. Couple months of good form in his first season and its been nothing but shite and "doing a job" since.
Why you bashing him for. He’s been an excellent servant and has never let the club down.

stubie

I'd happily have Young for another season as cover for Williams if it meant Luke Shaw leaving

Dinghy

He's been replaced by a 19-year old academy product that's better than him in every aspect of the game. It's only natural that he wants to move on. Wish Mata would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.