Aston Villa 2021-2022

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Preparation for the new season seems quite exemplary given they are just about to lose their best player to City - for quite the fee.

Signed Buendia, Bailey and Ings, targeting Ward-Prowse and look likely to get Tuanzebe on loan. Not sure why they'd go after Cantwell, but so far they have lined up pretty nicely for the new season.

Bit light in midfield, Ward-Prowse really would be an interesting signing for them.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Regardless of who they sign (assuming they're not about to sign Mbappe) they're a worst side without Grealish imo

Shame they couldn't of added the players they have and kept Grealish that might have made things interesting in that EL qualifying battle

saivet

Expecting a 442 from them?

Martinez
Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett
Bailley, Luiz, McGinn, Buendia
Watkins, Ings

I think it looks a pretty balanced team but without Grealish there isn't one player would scare anyone. The issue for them last season was that they were so reliant on Grealish it all fell apart when he got injured so I think this is the best side they could make up without him. I think they should be targeting a top 8 finish.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Martinez
Watkins, Ings

I think it looks a pretty balanced team but without Grealish there isn't one player would scare anyone. The issue for them last season was that they were so reliant on Grealish it all fell apart when he got injured so I think this is the best side they could make up without him. I think they should be targeting a top 8 finish.
Surely they continue strengthening the team after selling Grealish. Could just as well see Ings and Watkins fighting for a spot and Buendia used at #10. They probably need more creativity in the middle and they could definitely improve on their full backs.

marktan

Martinez
Watkins, Ings

Too much would depend on Buendia there, I've not watched too much of Bailey but he's not a brilliant creator is he? I do rate Buendia highly but I feel that team would be easy to negate and pin back.

Something like
Bailey - Ings - Watkins up front and Buendia into midfield would probably be better. But thats the problem with the Ings signing, suddenly you're trying to shoehorn two strikers into a team whom you can't leave out because you don't have enough creativity elsewhere on the park.

It has a very QPR circa 2013 feel where they'd sign a load of names but without a coherent way to actually build a team. Luckily the names they've signed are talented and in their primes but I don't think they're a better with the 3 new signjngs than they are with Grealish.

Number32

Grealish stats in his last season at Championship:
6 goals 8 assists

Buendia stats in his last season at Championship:
15 goals 17 assists

I know the Grealish cults here never agree with the stats wise. But Buendia will surprise you all, and I think Villa is the biggest winner of current transfer window.

mu4c_20le

Martinez
Watkins, Ings

If you were on the ground, Mings

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Grealish stats in his last season at Championship:
6 goals 8 assists

Buendia stats in his last season at Championship:
15 goals 17 assists

I know the Grealish cults here never agree with the stats wise. But Buendia will surprise you all, and I think Villa is the biggest winner of current transfer window.
That's amazing stats! 17 assists! Imagine how many 'assists' were missed by the strikers too. Definitely going straight into my FF team with Ings being his finisher.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Is Betrand Traore also still there? I think El Ghazi is a great player for them to have in the squad, for rotation and as a backup, but also to enforce something when you need to score a goal. He is a very clinical hardworking player with a great work ethic and mentality, though Buendia and Bailey are both more talented wingers.. El Ghazi offers something different though..

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Is Betrand Traore also still there? I think El Ghazi is a great player for them to have in the squad, for rotation and as a backup, but also to enforce something when you need to score a goal. He is a very clinical hardworking player with a great work ethic and mentality, though Buendia and Bailey are both more talented wingers.. El Ghazi offers something different though..
Yes both still there. Main aim is to have a better bench now with likes of El Ghazi and Traore decent options to throw on after an hour.

We only actually won two games last season when we were losing so really need to improve that to have hope of top 8 finish.

Nickelodeon

Surely they continue strengthening the team after selling Grealish. Could just as well see Ings and Watkins fighting for a spot and Buendia used at #10. They probably need more creativity in the middle and they could definitely improve on their full backs.
Both Cash and Targett were quite good last season

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Villa will definitely be playing European football next season.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Honestly if their budget allows £20 for Lingard would be an inspired purchase to add to the ones they have already made. Lingard and Buendia should be enough to just about replace Grealish goals and assists. They don’t seem to be linked but seems like a no brainer to me after how Lingard performed at West Ham.