Kick-off
Sat, 20 December 2014 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 59 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    At least we got a point. Could have been worse. Let's move on and forget this. Still 3rd and we need to stay there. Shame we didn't win, but these things happen sometimes. Very anxious about the Spurs game as they seem to be improving. Keep the faith fellow reds!

Alex Styles

Say what you will but this one was down to LVG getting it horribly wrong in starting Fletcher. Wilson on for RVP. These are the two reasons we lost today. Simple as. Sort it out Louis!

ManUtd1999

We need Fellaini and Herrera back for the next game.
    Agreed.

With Fellaini, they wouldn't break so quickly as they did today. When Carrick is play in the back, he's our ultimate first line of defense as has been proven in the second half against Liverpool.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
    After a short winning run , i thought we are beginning to see some philosophy. But feck me man.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
    Really dont know what LVG was thinking
    fecking shambles from Van Gaal today.

Got the team formation wrong in the first half. Then in the 2nd half we finally revert back to a 4 man backline and guess what? We dominate.

Then he goes and takes off RVP for a clearly unfit Di Maria. Ok fine.

The crazy thing is he throws on James Wilson who lets face it, hasn't looked close to scoring a goal. Then switching Young away from his prefered left flank took the take. Mata should have come off and RVP should have stayed on.

We got it completely wrong today and couldn't take advantage of a weak ass feck villa side.

Evans was terrible too. Made benteke and co. look like world beaters. Jones wasn't much better either, but at least his defending isn't under question. Just his passing.

3 points lost when we should have done so much better.
    Tbh apart from having a few better players and a different change of formations we are playing the same football we did under moyes.

So so so slow and telegraphed, yeh we won 6 games ona trot with some absolutely dreadful performances in them also might I add but when you really analyse our games van gal really has not changed much at all.
    Seriously, what was the manager thinking, "fis is my filosophee, ve flayers have to flay wif fis filosophee", loads of bull
    Redcafe goes into meltdown.

Mancunia_Religion

What is the point in playing 3-5-2? What exactly does it do? I mean it only works if your playing on the counter.

fellaini's barber

Can anyone explain how we didn't get at least 4 mins extra time after the sending off and villa fans seizing the ball?

UntdWStnd

my opinion of LVG is dipping by the day. Are we really on the up? Style of play? Confidence? Really dont know

Jacob

Why was Mata playing as a striker rather than Rooney? This was incredibly frustrating, with that attacking talent playing against ten men, we have only the manager to blame.

Reyoji-Utd

Should have leave Valencia on or sub mata off to push Rooney to am rather than lcm. We lost tempo after Wilson come on. This season should be result first and foremost and then you can think about performance when we have everyone come back from injuries or wait till we get rid of the average players and get some new players in summer.

SalfordRed1960

Am i remembering the game wrong? Wasn't Rooney our best midfielder until Carrick moved up?

Mata was useless for me, Wilson did nothing and moving Young to the right was a mistake
    No he slowed every move down, has only a few things in his locker when playing that role. He should have been directly behind the strikers. In the second half he did sod all, always looking for Valencia rather than attack the box.

Mata was very poor today.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
    Scout
    Rather disappointing second half. We started it great and were all over them. Yet as soon as we got the goal, we allowed the tempo to drop right off and never really picked it back up. Even in the dying moments of the game, we never really looked like a team busting their guts to score a late winner.

Far to busy knocking it about at the back, and really Villa had nearly as many counter attacking chances as we actually created. Particularly from poor defending. We really need to sort out the back as we don't look strong there at all. Evans in particular had a below average game.

Shame Di Maria didn't really do anything when he came on. We just kept going the Young route. Same with Wilson. Both attacking subs didn't really have the desired affect at all. Today did show, we need to play Carrick in the centre, adds far more to the team playing there. Also need to stop playing Fletcher, he just isn't up to it anymore.

patch517

On another note can we have Nani back for Valencia next season please?

RedRavi

poor performance considering how weak this villa team was, and then 25 mins down to 10 men, we didnt create anything. LVG made some poor decisions today

BootsyCollins

Poor game, bar 10 minutes in the second half.
    Di Maria did well the first 5 minutes he was on then went missing.

I cant belive, with Di Maria, Rooney, Falcao and Mata on the field at the same time, how we can look so... boring.
    Its no flair, no one dares to dribble, no "one two´s" in an attacking dirrection.
    Its just pass it around in midfield, then out to the wings and hope for a good cross.

Its just one draw after 6 wins so not so bad, but its not the result that worries me a bit, but the play.
    We look so boring in lack of another word.

Now i want to see 4 at the back, and Rooney in a offensive position against Newcastle.

Tonjo

After watching the game, these are players who should not be considered unless there is no other choice:
    1) Fletcher - not confident on the ball. poor with crosses and passes.
    2) Evans - Too slow with the ball, poor in the air.
    3) Wilson - Only have speed and nothing else.

Evo5man

Absolute shite, dont get me wrong we had some encouraging spells but than it went back to being complete Shiete again why did he take RVP off ffs, his not the problem.

Sanchez7

That 3 minutes stoppage time added on was pathetic from the ref. Lost it after the sending off.

Also Evans ball out of the back in the last minute :lol:

Just to add I also believe fletch is finished but if anything its Evans and LvG's fault

R'hllor

Dont keep anything inside, let it all out... :lol: Some people are just amazing,why this,why that etc. Result is not great but then again i never expected to see us winning 15 games in a row.

do9

Jones was great today.
    What game were you watching? Lost 2 ball that created chance for them, lost some duels with benteke, some stupit fouls on our half...
    But he was better than evans. But also that is not to hard

Shyftyy

I honestly don't think it was so bad considering the injuries and, now also, sicknesses ravaging our midfield. Aston Villa had no intention of playing attacking soccer and were waiting for the counter the whole game, especially after they got the goal (which was due to our defensive mistakes, yes).

I am probably too much of an optimist for the cafe but hey, that is your problem :P

Bruno8

The moment Tony V went off we lost balance. If LvG wanted Wilson to come in he should have come in for RvP who didnt deserve to go anyway.

Our attacks are too slow and too laboured. We need a bit of pace

Evo5man

After watching the game, these are players who should not be considered unless there is no other choice:
    1) Fletcher - not confident on the ball. poor with crosses and passes.
    2) Evans - Too slow with the ball, poor in the air.
    3) Wilson - Only have speed and nothing else.
    Wilson had a good shot from a difficult angle, his small Cameo's and one start are not enough to conclude that

United98

Van Gaal totally flop today.
    The Dimaria-Van Persie substitution was seemed ok, but he made a mistake insisting Rooney on the midfield instead to fill Van Persie's slot.
    Move Di Maria out wide was his second mistake today.
    And In my opinion his philosophy doesn't work at the back, I mean the way he insist to play the left foot centre back (jonny evans) cost us a goal.
    I dont think Benteke will score If McNair was there.

ManUtd1999

Rather disappointing second half. We started it great and were all over them. Yet as soon as we got the goal, we allowed the tempo to drop right off and never really picked it back up. Even in the dying moments of the game, we never really looked like a team busting their guts to score a late winner.

Far to busy knocking it about at the back, and really Villa had nearly as many counter attacking chances as we actually created. Particularly from poor defending. We really need to sort out the back as we don't look strong there at all. Evans in particular had a below average game.

Shame Di Maria didn't really do anything when he came on. We just kept going the Young route. Same with Wilson. Both attacking subs didn't really have the desired affect at all. Today did show, we need to play Carrick in the centre, adds far more to the team playing there. Also need to stop playing Fletcher, he just isn't up to it anymore.
    Ironically, the red card stopped our momentum. We were playing well and controlling the game, but after the red card, it looked as if the players are sure they will score and win. No real urgency, no good passing to catch Villa off guard... just crossing the ball over and over again or low-probability shots by ADM. Wilson had one good move since he came on.

I'm really disappointed now. We should have stretched the run a bit more entering the Christmas period.

Evo5man

Happy with Blacket when he came on, unlike Evans was actually passing the ball up the field

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

5.6 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 425 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Aston Villa win
  • Draw