Astronomy & Space Exploration

Tony Babangida

That was awesome, I cheered when it landed and woke my girlfriend up.

Exciting that it paves the way for a return mission to bring back samples.

Must be such an awesome job designing these machines.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
The Arecibo Observatory Platform Has Collapsed
https://www.universetoday.com/149029/the-arecibo-observatory-platform-has-collapsed/

"Early this morning, the 900-ton instrument platform suspended above the Arecibo Observatory collapsed and crashed down on the iconic telescope’s giant dish. The collapse occurred at about 7:55 a.m. local time, officially ending any possible hopes of refurbishing the famous observatory in Puerto Rico."

Visited here a few years ago. The drive through the mountains was a story in and of itself.

WPMUFC

Blows my mind that we can actually see pictures of another planet like this. Fecking mental.
There's also 3 microchips on the rover in a plaque that have been inscribed with 10,000,000 names of people from Earth that signed up about a year ago. Crazy to think my name is on a lasting record which is now on another world.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Whenever I think about space I can’t help thinking that it should just scale itself down a bit. Too big.

The Firestarter

Pretty sure the atmosphere on Mars is so thin anyway that you would hardly be able to hear any wind, if at all.
I am eager to find out . I read it has these dust tornadoes, but probably the rover is trained to GTF-O in case it spots one.