Astroworld Tragedy

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Stampede at a concert in Houston leaves 8 dead & scores injured. RIP.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I read about it. It seems surreal.

Bodies being dragged out of crowds, ambulances trying to drive through them while everything just carries on like normal.

the show must go on.

apparently loads of people broke in without tickets which caused the overflow and essentially crushed loads of people. horrid.

Sir Matt

Blue Devil
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...-after-officials-declared-a-mass-16598473.php

This article is damning of Live Nation and Travis Scott. Apparently he's encouraged fans to rush the stage or through security checkpoints multiple times in the past.

The excuses that they couldn't stop the show because they feared a riot would break out are insane. Shows stop all the time for people to get help if they need it.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
They're getting jabbed in Houston, too. :nervous:

The police chief said authorities were investigating reports of suspicious activity in the crowd, including a security officer who told police that he felt a prick in his neck during the chaos and lost consciousness while being examined by first responders. He was revived by the opioid antidote Narcan.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I had a very low opinion of Travis Scott or any of his fans until now and they somehow sunk lower.

Last edited:

Raw

The videos are so depressing. The fact that he's just standing there performing like nothings going on. What an absolute piece of shit. In contrast there are many videos of other performers doing the opposite, stopping the show and calming everyone down.

I see he's done some United-esque apology on Twitter so it'll all be forgotten about.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The videos are so depressing. The fact that he's just standing there performing like nothings going on. What an absolute piece of shit. In contrast there are many videos of other performers doing the opposite, stopping the show and calming everyone down.

I see he's done some United-esque apology on Twitter so it'll all be forgotten about.
THere's also videos of him inciting the crowd to beat up a fan. The dude is scum.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
After reading that IG post I hope AstroWorld, the promotion company, and Travis Scott are sued to bankruptcy from all injured and families of the deceased.

Castia

Seen a clip where dead bodies are getting dragged out of the crowd and this fecking retard is continuing to ‘sing’ after seeing what was happening

Hope the lot of them lose everything because a massive lawsuit is coming

HTG

Supports
Bayern
From what I’m reading Travis Scott should go to prison. Disgusting.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Wtf

This is hypernorm thread material.

Also, Travis Scott has history in this type of stuff. He’s previously told his fans to rush forward, push etc at concerts. Hope this incident gets that cretin cancelled.

Classical Mechanic

This is hypernorm thread material.

Also, Travis Scott has history in this type of stuff. He’s previously told his fans to rush forward, push etc at concerts. Hope this incident gets that cretin cancelled.
There's a clip from one of his concerts going round where he encourages a fan to jump off the balcony into the crowd!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He's a scumbag and I hope he gets sued to oblivion.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No clue who Travis Scott is, but he has had crowd issues at his previous concerts?

Sara125

For those of you out of the loop with Travis Scott, his whole brand is being a ‘modern day rockstar’ and he actively encourages fans to jump barriers, create huge mosh pits, heckle past security and come in without tickets etc. He’s gotten in legal trouble for it before so this was a disaster waiting to happen

Dan_F

I’ve never really understood why people would want to mosh to his music. Of all the shit he’s being accused of, not stopping the music when he can see what’s going on is the worst.

Maxii

Paad
Put out a video today on how “devastated” he is about what happened to his fans.

Here’s his caring about his fans in action

Last edited:

Sara125

Sounds like quite the cnut.
Initially I gave him the benefit of the doubt and said he couldn’t possibly have seen passed out bodies in a sea of people, but after seeing videos of him actively ignoring pleas for help and stretchers right in front of him, feck him.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Horrible situation. I haven’t seen many videos or read details but I’ve seen teenagers pleading with staff, security whoever that there’s people dead or dying.

Travis Scott incites shit like this. feck him and his music.

NYAS

Put out a video today on how “devastated” he is about what happened to his fans.

Here’s his caring about his fans in action
What a little bitch. I have no idea how people look up to celebrities.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Horrible music, seems to be a horrible person too.

Can’t see any stampedes in the footages that I’ve seen of people passed out, and doesn’t appear to have been a stampede as others in the vicinity appear undisturbed. Also the police have said something about people being injected with drugs not sure if it was a one off or more

Travis is a disgusting person. There’s video from 5 years ago that’s now coming out of him encouraging fans to beat up a fan who tries grabbing his leg or stealing a shoe.

There the footage from the weekend of him clearly dancing on, and others of staff telling him something is wrong and he just pushes them away.

It’s really disturbing when it feels like the outrage to Dave Chappell for his comedy jokes is more than the outrage to Travis.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Christ almighty, there was a ten year old taken out of the scrum to the hospital.

A fecking ten year old was in that melee.

GA is so fecking stupid at events where mosh pits, etc. will undoubtedly occur.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Barriers and crushing, leading to suffocation. You might have thought people who organise these shows learn the lessons of history.
I mean we are also in the midst of a global pandemic so you would have thought crowd control, spacing, etc would have been pretty high on the risk register and therefore risks mitigated and managed?

I've worked on a lot of the planning for shows (stadium events, festivals etc) though my experience is UK and a little of Europe but certainly there is normally plans and protocols firstly to prevent something like this but also to manage a situation should one despite best laid plans etc happen - really did not see much evidence of that and for me I would have expected whoever was in charge of the venue to be on stage the instant they knew something was happening - pulling the music and calling for people to move back.

I really cant get how the performance continued both from the artist and the venue management

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea