"At a big club, I would have been sacked" - Pep

padr81

Supports
Man City
B-Teams would be brilliant for the big clubs, but pretty shitty for the lower league clubs.
Yeah unfortunately it kind of goes against what the english game prides itself on but to counter that I would say and I'm sure Pep would imagine the guys who wasted their 18's to 23's doing feck all and slowly getting integrated. Imagine for example Ruben Loftus-Cheek with 100 full competitive league games behind him or Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, Aleix Garcia etc.. look at how Denis Suarez has kicked on since leaving City's B team to play first team at Villarreal. I think it would be good for premier league and for english national team given the stockpile of players at Chelsea and City. Of course it would be the death of the football league and lots of struggling clubs once it got taken overrun by B teams

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Yeah unfortunately it kind of goes against what the english game prides itself on but to counter that I would say and I'm sure Pep would imagine the guys who wasted their 18's to 23's doing feck all and slowly getting integrated. Imagine for example Ruben Loftus-Cheek with 100 full competitive league games behind him or Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe, Aleix Garcia etc.. look at how Denis Suarez has kicked on since leaving City's B team to play first team at Villarreal. I think it would be good for premier league and for english national team given the stockpile of players at Chelsea and City. Of course it would be the death of the football league and lots of struggling clubs once it got taken overrun by B teams
Agreed, it'd certainly be good for the national team and the Prem.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Not a surprise. Apart from Adarabioyo their best youth prospects are at least 1-3 years away from being first team ready.
What about Sancho? I think he could play league cup easily next year.

khoazany

Of the current reserve u23's and whatever the fancy name is we've given them I've forgot only Aleix Garcia looks like he can play premier league football. Adarabioyo has been poor when given a chance with real footballers. Reading Pep's article makes sense. Alot of our young talent has either fallen away when reaching that age group or moved on. Playing reserve games in front of no one with nothing on the line bar a trophy no one cares about will never bring players on.
They never get the chance to play high level football unless they go on loan and when they do clubs like City and Chelsea get slated for loaning out so many players. He believe a crucial part of youth development at Barca was Barca B playing real league football against real teams and he's got a huge point. Honestly the class of 92 is becoming a distant memory and teams bringing through lots of good players is pretty much unheard of in England. Maybe if they played league football from 18-21 with City B, United B etc.. their development would be faster and better and Rashford would be the norm rather than the exception.
I didn't count Aleix since he isn't your youth product. Adarabioyo made some mistakes but I think it's normal for teenager CB, still a very good talent IMO. The ones that I mentioned are the likes of Brahim, Sancho, Foden, Doyle,... who won't and shouldn't be near your first team yet next season. I don't think Pep will play Roberts or Unal.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I didn't count Aleix since he isn't your youth product. Adarabioyo made some mistakes but I think it's normal for teenager CB, still a very good talent IMO. The ones that I mentioned are the likes of Brahim, Sancho, Foden, Doyle,... who won't and shouldn't be near your first team yet next season. I don't think Pep will play Roberts or Unal.
Agreed, none are good enough and Roberts I think may get a squad place if we move Navas on. But it will stunt his development as he won't play. Unal will be loaned again with Jesus, Kun and kelechi ahead of him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He doesn't really sound that enthused to be there.