Auction Fantasy Draft

Annahnomoss

This round has 24 hrs timeline
Bids that come in before 8 am today GMT are deemed to be winning bids if unchallenged for 24 hrs from that time
Bids that come in after that are deemed to be winning bids if unchallenged for 24 hrs from time of submission

Subsequent rounds has 12 hrs timeline
Bids that are unchallenged for 12 hrs from time of submission are deemed to be winning bids

"Limitation:
Only players born in 1970 or after.

Rounds: Which position goes first will be voted ahead of each round.)
Available rounds.
1. Goalkeepers
2. Centre backs
3. Full-backs
4. Central midfielders
5. Wingers
6. Central attacking midfielders
7. Strikers

All teams are given a 300 million transfer budget to recruit players for.
After every win each team will be given a 50 million bonus for replacements.
All teams needs a minimum of 12(average of 25 mill per player) players in their team.(no maximum exists)
Remaining funds will be kept for the reinforcement rounds.

*If you outbid another manager, you can not take the bid back - but you are stuck with the player until someone else tops your bid.

*Minimum bid increase is 1 million. No maximum exists.

*When making a bid must quote the "bid-post" and tag the manager you outbid.

*The round is over when all managers approves of moving on."

I need to create the lists primarily for the bigger names to show in which position they will be available.

I also need to create a reference for each value so everybody has an okay understanding on how their own "random/unlisted" players will be valued.

The in depth list of start values will be created just before the rounds starts.

The minimum start value will be 10 millions on all players.

If a bid is not out bidded by another manager within 12 hours - you have won the bid-war for the player and he is in your team.

If a manager overspends the budget or wants to cancel a bid he has to sell the player. He will be forced to pay a fine of 30mill on top of that.

Minimum 2 m increment for bids 50 m or higher

I.e if you buy Bale for 50 mill and you think it is too much, you list him for sale starting at 10m. If you only get 30 m for him, you lose 20m of your transfer budget.

Vote for positional round 2.
1. Annah - Strikers
2. Polaroid -
3. AldoPaine18 - Full-backs
4. rpitroda
5. Stobzilla - CM
6. Edgar Allan Pillow - Full-backs
7. crappycraperson - Strikers
8. NM
9. kps88
10. MJJ - Goalkeepers
11. Cutch
12. VivaJanuzaj
13. Pippa
14. NoPace
15. PaceMe
16. Fergus' son

Last edited:

Annahnomoss

Sounds interesting!
It should be! It is a first, so it is possible we will run in to a bunch of mistakes and will need to fix stuff will minor changes etc. But should be a great learning period!

A mistake I can see happening is for example that the teams gets drafted too quick, or they get drafted too late. Both has easy solutions though, so hopefully the managers can accept that it will change a long the ride maybe.

Annahnomoss

Yeah there's a limit of 5 tags per post and the ones notified would be in the order of signing up at the caf. So you would need to make multiple posts with 5 tags.
Thanks mate, didn't know. I am sure they'll peak in when they see the thread, if they don't ill contact the remaining ones with tags!

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
How often do you have to be online to take part in this one?

Annahnomoss

@Fergus' son There is no time-requirement like with the other drafts if we do the entire team at once. Managers may out-bid you, and then you have to change your bids - but nothing will happen if you wait 1 day to make your bid or 1 hour.

The only thing that may change is if you are offline so much you make everybody wait at the end when they are finished with their teams pretty much.

If you are online less often, you should however make more bids at once to make up for not being online as often.

Fergus' son

Gets very easily confused
I'll play, if it's possible to do so by being online everyday after 7pm UK time...?

Annahnomoss

I'll play, if it's possible to do so by being online everyday after 7pm UK time...?
Up to you mate, you are the only one who can decide if it is possible. You'll participate less in the match-threads, but in the drafting it is perfectly fine.

Annahnomoss

So how will the drafting work? Also how will values be assigned?
Each team will have 300 millions, to represent kind of a realistic top-team. A player like Messi won't need a "minimum bid" as he is certain to get in to a bid-war. However a player like Materazzi would go for 0-1 million without a minimum value, that would of course ruin the draft and make it completely unrealistic.

So Materazzi would have a value representing his actual skill, but also the fact that he isn't wanted by anybody else. Say 10 millions(This is not an official number for him of course).

When somebody says they want to make a bid on a player, we will put time and effort in to asserting a value. It will be broad ones most likely, 5-10-15-20 rather than 5-6-7-8-9 etc.

Annahnomoss

Again, I just want to remind you guys it is the first time we do something like this. So don't expect perfection, be open minded to possible need of changes after the launch of the draft and be sure to voice your opinion if you think a possibly change would improve it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Thanks, Annahnomoss. Would be nice if you give example about the bid, etc. Also, how many rounds and players we can get.

Annahnomoss

Thanks, Annahnomoss. Would be nice if you give example about the bid, etc. Also, how many rounds and players we can get.
12 players.

Need to discuss the finer details with Polaroid. But it is likely that it will be one round - that ends when all teams has the players they want.

For every bid war that is won, a manager is forced to stick with that player. So everything will be about knowing the values of the players. Making bids will take a lot of pondering as it is important to get it right.

Every manager will have their own ideas of what every player is worth which is what will make it interesting. You risk losing plenty by making bids on players you don't want, but at the same time you can push up the value of somebody else preferred picks.

Annahnomoss

So does that mean you'll be sitting with Pol and making minimum bids for like a gazillion players?
Easily handled by only evaluating the ones the managers PM us that they want to make a bid on. We will of course make a list mainly for reference between skills "Who is worth 5 mill, who is worth 10" etc.

But all the random picks will be evaluated after. If you think we make somebody too cheap - then you can make a bid on the player as he is a steal. So the market will show the actual value of most players, the only exceptions being underrated players. But if you get the voters to rate a player higher than he is previously rated - then that is great for you and you deserve it.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Easily handled by only evaluating the ones the managers PM us that they want to make a bid on. We will of course make a list mainly for reference between skills "Who is worth 5 mill, who is worth 10" etc.

But all the random picks will be evaluated after. If you think we make somebody too cheap - then you can make a bid on the player as he is a steal. So the market will show the actual value of most players, the only exceptions being underrated players. But if you get the voters to rate a player higher than he is previously rated - then that is great for you and you deserve it.
Ok - Think I get it.

If you'll be setting min bid prices etc, won't it be hard to play? I think a suggestion may be that you set a minimum price for every player (and therefore if you bid for some random obscure player to make up the numbers you still have to pay a reasonable fee (to deter players just bidding for a really good team then making up numbers with good average players)), and then you don't need to worry about anything because at that point the market will determine who gets bid for and who doesn't. Also gives you a chance to nab a good player at the minimum price if you find someone and no one wants him.

Annahnomoss

The issue with that is that there are so many players available around the value of 20 mill that most teams should be filled with those players.

So then you can't pick your favorite underrated player who is worth 5 mill, and make it up with a better player elsewhere.

I see the problem though, so we will either have the other admin - or the general public making valuations for whoever Pol/Me wants.

Moby

Dick
Annah/Pol, once the rules are finalized, please demonstrate how things work with a couple of examples before kicking it off.

Also, I am guessing the minimum raise in a bid would be an integer valuer or something to avoid someone increasing the price with bids like 40,000,001 pounds :p

Annahnomoss

Annah/Pol, once the rules are finalized, please demonstrate how things work with a couple of examples before kicking it off.

Also, I am guessing the minimum raise in a bid would be an integer valuer or something to avoid someone increasing the price with bids like 40,000,001 pounds :p
Will do mate! Also yes the minimum value of raising a bid will be a million most probably.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I still don't understand how it is going to work. There will be a deadline to each round or we will be waiting for all the managers to say that they are done with the bidding. If it the latter we would need people to be more active

Annahnomoss

I still don't understand how it is going to work. There will be a deadline to each round or we will be waiting for all the managers to say that they are done with the bidding. If it the latter we would need people to be more active
Not decided on if whether it will be rounds, per positions. Or if the entire draft will be one sequence - as that would be more realistic and would show the value of players much better between positions.

It also means managers will handle their budgets much easier and more precise.

But in theory it will end when everybody has got their team. It should take around the time it does for a regular draft for everybody to pick.

Here we will most likely nail down 32 picks in one hour as most teams will have a few unknowns. If some managers fails to be active enough in a way that disturbs the entire draft then we will react as with the other drafts - warn them and tell them to improve or replace them.

Annahnomoss

The "bidding post" which will be quoted when you top bids would look something like this.(Hopefully it helps some) This is an example of just one team.

antohan :
Striker: Cavani(50 mill)
Wingers: Arjen Robben(30 mill), Ginola (20 m)
Midfield: Djemba Djemba(5 mill), Cocu(10 mill), Schweinsteiger(30 mill)
Defense: 2. Ronald Koeman(50 mill) 3. Andreas Brehme(60 mill) Popescu(25 mill) Willy Sagnol (15 mill)
GK: Lama(5 m)
Total budget spent: 300 mill

Now if I want to make a bid on Lama for 10 m, I simply remove Lama from Antohan's team and add him in my own post in my team but I add the value to 10 mill instead of 5.

The post you quote should include all teams not Anto's alone then of course.

If I want a player nobody yet has, then I send it to Annah/Polaroid and they give a minimum value and ask me again if I want to pay it or not - if I do you add it in the "Bidding post"

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I don't think this is the right way to do it.

It has to be round based. Make it positions based rounds if you have to. Letting the bids open for all 11-12 players till the end would not work.

Moby

Dick
So basically that massive post that's quoted everytime a bid is made would contain 100 odd names and all? Sounds like a clusterfeck.

I think a division should be made. Say a group of 30 players goes up for auction and once those players are sold we move on to the next group of 30. Issue in that is a) which players go up first, that is how to form those groups, according to what criteria etc (I don't think doing position by position makes sense, different formations, priorities and all) and b) when to call the end of that group that is keep a deadline or wait for all managers to agree that no more bids are going to be made.

To make the groups, at the start of every stage/round all managers can throw/nominate two players, making 32 players which would be auctioned simultaneously and once they are done the next group goes up with the same process.

Annahnomoss

So basically that massive post that's quoted everytime a bid is made would contain 100 odd names and all? Sounds like a clusterfeck.
The post will be exactly as big as all other "list of picks" posts in other drafts. Instead of pick number 1 2 3 it will be a different number, which would be the only exception then.

Moby

Dick
The post will be exactly as big as all other "list of picks" posts in other drafts. Instead of pick number 1 2 3 it will be a different number, which would be the only exception then.
True but that list only needs additions. Here we'd have constant chopping and changing of names from one team to another with prices attached. I dunno perhaps it would work out just fine but from my imagination it could get messy. Add the fact that the editor in the forum is not the most generous if the post contains formatting, people posting from mobile, etc.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It would be hard to keep up what the players recent cost, and who's bidding who. Unless on the first page, the OP makes this list of players and updated their current price regularly.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I can see it working, but for it to function properly the organiser would need to be on literally every second that drafting was taking place.