Auction-Trade Madness Draft - R1: Arbitrium vs Sjor/TRoss

With players at career peak, who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
MATCH OVERVIEW:

TEAMS OVERVIEW:

VS

....................................... TEAM ARBITRIUM .................................................................................... TEAM SJOR/TROSS ......................................

Team Arbitrium- What's the story?

Formation- 5-2-2-1
Tactics- Defensive discipline, be difficult to break down and hit with pace and skill on the counter.

Special instructions

Matthias Sammer
in his favourite role here, dropping in to form something akin to the wet dreams of Donald trumps border to Mexico, and stepping out into the midfield as and when required. When we have the ball (which we will win back often) Sammer and Petit will become the midfield two with Toure being given permission to roam up the pitch.

Paul Janes
and Giacinto Facchetti are formiddable full-backs, with the former being significantly lesser known however more than capable as a traditional defensive first Right Back. Both will be disciplined, however encouraged to join in attacks due to the presence of Sammer and Petit in the midfield.

Juan Manuel Moreno has a free role in this side. Whilst not much material is available on him, I do know that he was capable of covering the entire right side himself so he is definitely capable of pitching in defensively, however his role here is to create. For all intents and purposes, he is a creative playmaker, and voted 25th best player of the 20th century for good reason.

Gareth Bale is tasked with putting in the performances that put him on the map, bombing down the left wing and laying on almost perfect service for Harry Kane. He's been doing the business for years now, and deserves his place in this side. He fits the system perfectly.

David, does your team have a theme?

Yes, yes it does. And i'm calling it Double's Partner's.

Introducing...

THE STALWARTS

Matthias Sammer and Jurgen Kohler won the champions league for Borussia Dortmund together. They are quite comfortably among the most accomplished defenders in the modern game, and know each other's game so well that the opposition attackers are going to have a tough time of it all game.

THE "WHO THE FECK ARE THOSE GUYS"

Paul Janes and Juan Manuel Moreno are somewhat mythical figures. The fact is there just isn't that much information on them, however what is available suggests that both were phenomenal players, capable of world class play at both ends of the field.

THE BEGINNING AND THE END

Cesare Maldini and Giacinto Facchetti were part of an Italian team which beat brazil 3-0 in 1963 and kept a 22 year old Pele quiet. They only played 3 games together, and as the captain at the time Maldini wrapped up his career, Facchetti would go on to establish himself as arguably the greatest Left back of all time.

THE REMAKE

I really wanted a midfield of Petit and Vieira, however financial mismanagement meant I had to find a modern player who could do everything Vieira could, and Yaya Toure fits the bill. He proved his defensive capabilities against Utd in the CL final when he put in a stellar performance as a Centre back, and at times in the premiership he was unstoppable as a marauding midfielder. There are very few players in this draft who could hope to consistently get the ball off Toure at his best. Petit compliments him so well, A world cup winner who won't be bullied by anyone and offers a lot going forward too.

THE WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN

Imagine Current Harry Kane with peak Gareth Bale. Anyone think Man city would be so far ahead? Bale made Roman Pavluychenko look like Gerd Muller at times, his service is impeccable and very few right backs can live with that pace. Harry Kane is the first player in 2 million years to outscore Messi and Ronaldo in a calendar year, and has proved himself against the top opponents. Given he's up against defenders currently still playing, it's easier to asses how successful he'd be, and I think the answer in this game is "Very"

TWO TIMES FIVE IS 10, MATE?

Canizares swaps aftershave bottle accidents for a place between the sticks behind a formidable wall. A very capable of keeper, without him Valencia simply wouldn't have been so successful in the early 2000s.

Thoughts on the opposition

George Best Has to get past an awful lot of world class defender's in order to make a difference. His effectiveness on this game will be fairly limited, and with his lack of skillset when it comes to the defensive side of things, I can see the game bypassing him a little.

Robson and Souness is a hell of a midfield pairing, but physically they come off second best, particularly when Sammer steps up and at times I have a midfield three of the German, Petit and Toure. Park might make an appearance in their midfield, but I Can't see my guys being really intimidated, unless Souness forgets to wish Yaya Happy birthday.

Not sure how Bonucci will be used here, but he's only at his best in a back three and when he tries his diagonals, its my team winning the ball in the air. Godin and Luis worked amazingly well together but its hard to see the other two defenders really complimenting them. Harry Kane has had joy against better centre back pairings than those two (If it is indeed Godin and Bonucci)

Whether its Dalglish or Rush or both, I'm not really expecting my guys to be tested all that much, theres too much discipline in that back 5.

Final Observations

Let’s be honest here, both teams have players who look out of place in an all time draft (like most sides, tbf) but I think my squad is more than capable of doing what I’m asking them to do.

If this were a draft on RAWK, i'd fully expect Sjor/Tross to go all the way. fecking traitorous bastards picking so many scouse legends.

TEAM SJOR/TROSS

Tactics
A classic 442 full with players that are proven at the highest stage in that specific system with exception of Bergmark but he should have it much easier here then he had in his era. Team full of horrible cnuts to play against - hit, grab, spit, anything for the win....pretty much the opposite of their managers.

Defence
We have IMO comfortably the best centerback in the world for the last 5, 6 years in Diego Godin and tbh it was tough to find him a partner as he made every possible type of defender look good next to him, from Miranda, Gimenez and now to Savic. In the end we decided for a classic stopper sweeper combo and we went for another modern one Bonucci. Personally i dont rate 90% of modern defenders but this two alongside few others are keeping the faith that eventually the time for great centerbacks will come.
Next to Godin is his partner in crime Filipe Luis so there we have a proven partnership from probably the best defensive unit in decade or so. On the right is Orvar Bergmark, one of the best defenders of his era, elected twice in team of the year, back then when that award actually meant something and was an actual reflection of players performances.
Behind that back 4 we have Walter Zenga, one of the best goalkeepers in the world in 80s and early 90s, IFFHS best goalkeeper of the year 3 times in a row.

Midfield
We have 3 UK GOATs in Robson, Best and Souness and i dont think i have to spend a lot of time selling their abilities. Robbo will finally be surrounded with players of his caliber, Souness will give him the perfect platform to play his b2b game as he finally wont have to run for 2 players and do everything on his own like he had to for pretty much his whole career. Best will have a free role from the left and IMO Janes wont know what hit him. He will have both Robbo and Souness having his back, Filipe Luis perfectly capable of providing width while being perfectly safe at the back, role he does perfectly for Atletico for number of years now.
Last and not least, the flashiest name in the squad, Ji Sung Park. Picked for a specific tactical reasons and while we had in mind the likes of Pirlo and co. Facchetti will do just fine. Park is there to provide balance and keep an eye on the italian, while he isnt good enough for this level we reckon in special situation you can make a case for him, his workrate and engine was immense, great defensive game and we feel we are in much better shape for this game with him in the squad then with Barnes for example who is on the bench even though is comfortably the better player. And one more important note for Park that often is ignored for some players, he was pretty much the ultimate big game player and you dont get much bigger then this.

Attack
Two of the Liverpool finest, King Kenny and Ian Rush. One of the best striking partnerships in history of the game. Also worth noting they are joining their former teammate in Graeme Souness. Between them they have 230 goals in 7 seasons together winning 4 league titles(of which 3 in a row), FA Cup, 4 Mickey Mouse Cups and European Cup.

Franz Beckenbauer on Kenny Dalglish said:
“He is one of the best players I have ever seen and one of the best players in the history of football.”
Sir Alex Ferguson on Kenny Dalglish said:
“Kenny had unbelievable vision and strength as a player, he was really aware of people around him.
He had great balance and was a good finisher, courageous too. People often forget that the one quality great players need is courage. Kenny is as brave as a lion. He would take a kick from anyone and come back for more.”

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Harry Kane has had joy against better centre back pairings than those two (If it is indeed Godin and Bonucci)
id love to hear the names of that pair.

Deleted member 101472

First things first on park Ji Sung, whilst I agree it’s weird to see his name in an all time draft, I think there’s been enough commentary on him (particularly in Andrea Pirlos book) to justify him performing well here. The only problem is the sheer athleticism he’s up against on that side, and as one of the fastest players in the modern game, Gareth Bale will simply make space for a pass from Facchetti and then outrun the backtracking Park. I don’t know much about Bergmark (and keen to find out more) but from a pure athlete standpoint my left side obliterates your right side.

Šjor Bepo

Bryan Robson, credit @Joga Bonito
https://www.redcafe.net/threads/cla...-the-greatest-british-midfielder-ever.431217/

Orvar Bergmark, credit @Annahnomoss

Orvar Bergmark
Position: Defender(RCB, CB, RB)
Height: 1.80m
Weight: 75 kg
Achievements:
World Cup Silver - 1958
All star team - 1958 - Best RB of the tournament
World XI - 1960, 1961 - Best RB in the world

Career Statistics
Team--------Matches-------
Club------------293-----------
Sweden--------94------------

Peak Statistics - 1958-61
Team--------Matches-------
Club------------293-----------
Sweden--------94----
--------

The highest rated right back in the 1958 Ballon d'Or and the second best right back of the tournament behind Djalma Santos according to “Fussballweltmeisterschaft 1958”. Through his career he was often considered the best right back in the world and without a doubt one of the best of his era.

Style of play
With his great reading of the game he knew exactly when to push forward aggressively to win the ball back for the team before the forward got to touch it unchallenged. Simple, but he excelled at exactly that with a remarkable mix of strength, pace, acceleration and ability to recover back to his position after a tackle.

Orvars defensive game was described as modern as he loved to support the winger, he had a pace and stamina which allowed him to act over large areas. His positioning meant he was always in the right place and he had a way of contorting himself to make perfect tackles and it earned him a world reknowned ability of getting a toe on the most balls even when he ran behind them.

Against Soviet in '58 he put on a masterclass, with the Swedish defense, and won the ball back before they could establish an attack almost every time. It is fascinating that a relatively simple player was rated so highly and it is proof of how efficient and solid he was.

Information

ORVAR BERGMARK - MISTER ÖREBRO SK

Orvar Bergmark is Örebros all time most merited athlete with his mindblowing achievments. In 1957 he won bronze in the World Cup in Bandy, a year later he won silver in the World Cup in football and was considered as arguably the best right back many years between 1958 to 1961. Part of the team of the tournament in 1958 as the best right back of the tournament and part of the World XI in 1960 and 1961.

He earned himself 143 caps for Sweden in football, 94 as a player and 49 as the manager between 65-70. While at the same time he made 20 appearances for the national team in Bandy between 49-62.

For Örebro he played 290 football matches and 147 in Bandy where he became the Swedish Champion three times and won the Stor Grabb award in both football and bandy.

A young Orvar Bergmark.
Orvar came to Örebro from Byske in Västerbotten a rainy day in the fall of 1947. The reason he moved there of all places was that he had relatives of his mother, Signe, in the city.

-In 1946 I was 16 years old and my dad who was a baker in Byske died. My mother, I and my sisters had a hard time finding a life there. The town just had 1.500 inhabitants and just 4 bakeries. That's why we searched for a place where we could start over and by fall a year later they moved to Örebro.

It was sunday and I still remember that Örebro had played Surahammer that day and won with 2-0. To this day I can still see the headlines of the Monday newspapers in front of me.

We moved in to an apartment on Sveavägen, a short walk from the Örebro stadium, Eyravallen. I joined the bandy side thanks to my cousin Olle Sääw who made sure I could join the team and by the end of the winter I was told if I could play bandy I could play football.
He joined their junior side and was instantly one of their best goalscorers with 26 goals in 16 matches in 1948. The year after Örebro were doing poorly and needed a change and they looked to the youth to add some energy to the team.

Orvar was supposed to make the debut against Gunnar Gren's Göteborg but a last minute injury meant he had to dely it until the game against Helsingborg.

Orvar Bergmark 1958, after he received guldbollen.¨

Orvar couldn't save them from relegation and it took until 1950 until they'd return to the top league. At the start of the season he was played as a striker, but the team was doing poorly and changed the coach. Per Kaufeldt came in and he had a lot of fresh ideas, like moving Orvar to the defensive line. The entire team were performing better and could avoid relegation. But Orvar was still so impressive that Putte Kock, the national team leader, called him up and had him make his debut against Spain.

-I started on the bench but they allowed subs in case someone got injured and in half time I was called down. I had to replace the Helsingborg defender Malmström who had pain in his back and couldn't continue. The debut went alright, especially because I had Gösta Lindh in front of me who was a father figure for me at ÖSK. We complemented each other well and he's the best partner I've ever had down the right.

Orvar established himself as a quality player and remained in the national side. He also stayed at Örebro until they got relegated once more and he had to change team if he wanted to keep his spot for Sweden.

Orvar Bergmark for AIK 1955.

It didn't take long before he returned to his home club Örebro as he never felt that AIK could provide him with what he had there. There he could come and go as he wanted to train during the day and the brotherhood was a lot stronger.

Orvar as a bandy player.

1958, World Cup
-The best game we played was against Soviet. We had lost to them big the last two games we played before the World Cup. They had a winger called Tatusjin who knew it all and it was the most difficult winger to face for me.

After the semi final win we were celebrated as champions already and the train stayed at every stop with the people celebrating us. It is possible that we felt like we had done more than enough already after that.

Orvar Bergmark with his wife and child on their way to Roma.

Footage
(Highlight vs West Germany)
(Sweden vs USSR highlight '58)
(Sweden vs Hungary highlight '58)

Sources

Deleted member 101472

Leandro Bonucci made his name in a back 3 pairing, usually with chiellini one side of him and barzagli/Ogbonna on the other. Both players were significantly pacier than Diego Godin, who is one of my favourite defenders, but he just doesn’t offer bonucci enough protection. That’s a centre back pairing Harry Kane has joy against, particularly with Bale getting behind the defence so often.

Šjor Bepo

Souness leading his Liverpool side without King Kenny against a strong Bayern side with Rummenigge and Breitner into European Cup Final.

Against Dani Alves and Neymar/Messi in QF of CL.

Šjor Bepo

First things first on park Ji Sung, whilst I agree it’s weird to see his name in an all time draft, I think there’s been enough commentary on him (particularly in Andrea Pirlos book) to justify him performing well here. The only problem is the sheer athleticism he’s up against on that side, and as one of the fastest players in the modern game, Gareth Bale will simply make space for a pass from Facchetti and then outrun the backtracking Park. I don’t know much about Bergmark (and keen to find out more) but from a pure athlete standpoint my left side obliterates your right side.
Park is there mostly to keep an eye on Facchetti, probably the guy we are most worried offensive wise.....we are comfortable in Bale Bergmark duel, Park will obviously help out when he can but even when he goes past Bergmark he will cross the ball and there we have Godin and Bonucci who can defend that area 0-24 without breaking sweat.

Leandro Bonucci made his name in a back 3 pairing, usually with chiellini one side of him and barzagli/Ogbonna on the other. Both players were significantly pacier than Diego Godin, who is one of my favourite defenders, but he just doesn’t offer bonucci enough protection. That’s a centre back pairing Harry Kane has joy against, particularly with Bale getting behind the defence so often.
You realize they reached CL Final playing with a back four? He proved his class in both systems.
Wont even bother to comment nonsense how Robson and Souness will struggle physically:lol:

Deleted member 101472

(Seen making a run from right back around the 1:42 mark)

Paul Janes "The world champion of precision"

Players who get stadiums named after them are usually a fairly big deal, and Janes most definitely was.

One of the finest defenders of the pre-Second World War era, Germany's Paul Janes played with great distinction as first a half-back and then later in his career as a full-back. A strong, intelligent player, he also displayed a flair which was unusual for someone who played in his position and had a reputation for spectacular free kicks and bicycle kicks at a time which such abilities were much rarer than they are today.

In 1937 Janes played in a famous 8-0 win over Denmark which established them as one of the favourites for the 1938 World Cup in France. They cruised through qualifying, but when the tournament came round could not find their form and were eliminated after a first round replay defeat at the hands of Switzerland. To this day, that remains the only time Germany/West Germany have been knocked out of the World Cup before the quarter-finals. The following year, Janes was named national captain by manager Sepp Herberger, a position which he would hold until the end of his international career in 1942. His calmness and intelligent understanding of the game made him an ideal captain.

In his 1978 book "Fussball", World cup winning manager Helmut Schon characterized Janes as follows:

"A man who could fight but also able to play technically brilliant. He was gifted with a simply phenomenal spin kick; he scored countless goals with free-kicks from 30 or 40 meters with his glass-hard shot."

"Der kompromisslose und clevere Düsseldorfer war eine wahre Koryphäe im Antizipieren gegnerischer Spielzüge, vermochte seiner Mannschaft durch sein kluges Stellungsspiel, das sich bis in die vorderen Reihen erstreckte, Auftrieb und Drang zu geben"- This translates to janes giving his team a Boost with his urgency and excellent positional play.

"He had excellent sense of positioning and reading of the moves of opponents, it was impossible to pass him in 1-1 situations..."

"He was surely one of the best defenders in the world during his prime and also one of the greatest German defenders ever.."

- From a reliable source on PES Miti del Calcio

http://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/the-100-greatest-right-backs-of-all-time.1274036/page-5- Janes takes his place at number 10 on this list.

Deleted member 101472

Park is there mostly to keep an eye on Facchetti, probably the guy we are most worried offensive wise.....we are comfortable in Bale Bergmark duel, Park will obviously help out when he can but even when he goes past Bergmark he will cross the ball and there we have Godin and Bonucci who can defend that area 0-24 without breaking sweat.

You realize they reached CL Final playing with a back four? He proved his class in both systems.
Wont even bother to comment nonsense how Robson and Souness will struggle physically:lol:
Not true. Bonucci missed the first leg of the semi's v monaco, and was next to Chiellini and Barzagli in the second leg.

Šjor Bepo

Now lets talk a little about your team.....i really cant see how my team will concede in this game. Harry Kane is a very good player, in time will most likely end up as a great one but he is NOWHERE NEAR good enough at this point of time to be the main guy in an all-time draft. He is yet to prove himself at the highest stage of the current footballing world let alone to be the guy in the all time scene. At this point he is at the same level as Higuain for example, very good player, great goalscorer but in a tier below highest. Until Kane proves himself thats the way it is, we just dont know how will he perform against the best players in high intensity game under immense pressure.

Yaya Toure in a midfield two even with a back 5 behind is a no for me, he is a midfield three player, either as a DM like he was at Barca or an AM like he was at City, never did he combine both roles and tbh he is another one that struggled in CL, remember Gundogan and co. tore him to pieces in the CL.

Think your team lack a bit of creativity and i reckon my team is likelier to score in this match.

Šjor Bepo

Not true. Bonucci missed the first leg of the semi's v monaco, and was next to Chiellini and Barzagli in the second leg.
Thats one game where they played with a back 3, that season they mostly played in a back 4, in the final they also played in a back 4....there are tons of games with Bonucci in a back 4, i really dont see an issue. Even last year they defended fantastcally well against Barcelona in a back 4 in both legs.

Deleted member 101472

:lol:

Well, Godin is the better defender of the two, luckily for him he likely won't have to endure anything like this.

Bonucci will however, since Bale's pace puts him past most right backs in history (yes, even in an all time pool) the italian is going to have to get very used to the frenchman. And here's whats continuously going to happen, since if he can do this consistently to Maicon, Luico and Zanetti, Bonucci is a piece of cake.

Deleted member 101472

Thats one game where they played with a back 3, that season they mostly played in a back 4, in the final they also played in a back 4....there are tons of games with Bonucci in a back 4, i really dont see an issue. Even last year they defended fantastcally well against Barcelona in a back 4 in both legs.

:confused:

Šjor Bepo

@Arbitrium please read again what i said.....Bale is against Bergmark not against Bonucci, obviously they will face each other but dont think they will in an open space as Bergmark will be staying back most of the time and then you also add Souness in a holding role at RCM and Park next to him.

The other final.

Deleted member 101472

Now lets talk a little about your team.....i really cant see how my team will concede in this game. Harry Kane is a very good player, in time will most likely end up as a great one but he is NOWHERE NEAR good enough at this point of time to be the main guy in an all-time draft. He is yet to prove himself at the highest stage of the current footballing world let alone to be the guy in the all time scene. At this point he is at the same level as Higuain for example, very good player, great goalscorer but in a tier below highest. Until Kane proves himself thats the way it is, we just dont know how will he perform against the best players in high intensity game under immense pressure.

Yaya Toure in a midfield two even with a back 5 behind is a no for me, he is a midfield three player, either as a DM like he was at Barca or an AM like he was at City, never did he combine both roles and tbh he is another one that struggled in CL, remember Gundogan and co. tore him to pieces in the CL.

Think your team lack a bit of creativity and i reckon my team is likelier to score in this match.
This is where Sammer's intelligence and effectiveness as a libero comes into play. Its a formation that can get the best out of Toure.

The reason why your team will concede? 75% of your defence are currently active, so it's easy to gauge Harry Kane against them. He's currently in what might go down as his 3 year peak period, and considering the mans goalscoring exploits in the PL and champions league, it's really not hard to see him getting a couple here, particularly with the service of Bale and the creativity of Moreno behind him (who is tiers above eriksen and Ali)

Deleted member 101472

@Arbitrium please read again what i said.....Bale is against Bergmark not against Bonucci, obviously they will face each other but dont think they will in an open space as Bergmark will be staying back most of the time and then you also add Souness in a holding role at RCM and Park next to him.

The other final.
If Bergmark is pinned back, and park Ji sung is against Facchetti, game over on that side of the field for you. You're basically conceding to not even having a go. In contrast to that, I'll have paul Janes with enough time and space due to a defensively inept Best, so that he might actually do SOMETHING down that right side.

Also on the subject of the physicality battle in the middle, is there a clear winner? Toure and Petit will regularly be joined by Sammer.

Šjor Bepo

This is where Sammer's intelligence and effectiveness as a libero comes into play. Its a formation that can get the best out of Toure.

The reason why your team will concede? 75% of your defence are currently active, so it's easy to gauge Harry Kane against them. He's currently in what might go down as his 3 year peak period, and considering the mans goalscoring exploits in the PL and champions league, it's really not hard to see him getting a couple here, particularly with the service of Bale and the creativity of Moreno behind him (who is tiers above eriksen and Ali)
Dont think this is the best setup for Yaya but well, he needs a full protection(as i assume you are using the City version) behind him, specially with someone like Robson running at him and behind him.

As for Kane:
Until Kane proves himself thats the way it is, we just dont know how will he perform against the best players in high intensity game under immense pressure.
Ibrahimovic was even better player then Kane yet he wasnt able to transform his form in most important games when it really mattered. Same applies for Higuain, unless you have a magic ball and you can predict future im not buying it. Im not taking this against him but he flopped at last WC, until this season he flopped in european competitions so the jury is still out, will probably need to leave Spurs if he wants to take another step and if he does he will probably take it but until he does, he can buzz of from this level IMO

Šjor Bepo

If Bergmark is pinned back, and park Ji sung is against Facchetti, game over on that side of the field for you. You're basically conceding to not even having a go. In contrast to that, I'll have paul Janes with enough time and space due to a defensively inept Best, so that he might actually do SOMETHING down that right side.

Also on the subject of the physicality battle in the middle, is there a clear winner? Toure and Petit will regularly be joined by Sammer.
how exactly is game over? Because i will let you have possession in areas my team is comfortable?
Defensive inept Best :lol: With teams as they are, Best will have a damn good game against Janes no question about it, dont know enough about Moreno but he will have to do a lot of work defensive wise as Luis mastered the role of being safe at the back and providing an outlet in possession, Best against Janes its a quiet and peaceful death, Best with an overlapping fullback against Janes, its going to be a slaughterhouse. So to even think Janes will offer something offensive wise its funny as hell, in fact id love him to try it.

Deleted member 101472

Voted the 5th best South American player of the 20th Century, "Charro" Moreno was a creative genius, and ahead of his time when it came to skills/freestyle (as seen in the second video).

Moreno was part of the River plate team which dominated Argentine football in the 1940s, and was also a member of the Argentina team with which he won the South American Championships in 1941 and 1947, being chosen in the latter as the best player of the tournament.

He was known as a player of great technique, great vision, and lethal in the penalty area. Despite his reputation for drinking, smoking and not going to training, Moreno was also known for his formidable heading ability and fine physical qualities.

"The team had a solid defense, with a genuine defensive rock, the temperamental Ricardo Vaghin acting as the anchor. In midfield, it boasted two defensive midfielders of great sacrifice and vision in Bruno Rodolfi and Jose Ramos. They were joined in midfield by 'Charro' Moreno, the creative force of the team, who tracked back and covered the whole right side."- exert from a "Footballs greatest article about the famous river plate team of the 1940s"

Deleted member 101472

how exactly is game over? Because i will let you have possession in areas my team is comfortable?
Defensive inept Best :lol: With teams as they are, Best will have a damn good game against Janes no question about it, dont know enough about Moreno but he will have to do a lot of work defensive wise as Luis mastered the role of being safe at the back and providing an outlet in possession, Best against Janes its a quiet and peaceful death, Best with an overlapping fullback against Janes, its going to be a slaughterhouse.
I refer you to my piece on Janes, in which people with better knowledge than us claim "it was impossible to pass him in 1-1 situations..."

You're talking about the captain of a west Germany side who's appearance record stood until the great Uwe Seeler broke it in 1971. He made his name as a right half back, and is 100% being utilized for his defensive nuance.

Šjor Bepo

I refer you to my piece on Janes, in which people with better knowledge than us claim "it was impossible to pass him in 1-1 situations..."

You're talking about the captain of a west Germany side who's appearance record stood until the great Uwe Seeler broke it in 1971. He made his name as a right half back, and is 100% being utilized for his defensive nuance.
Janes is quality no question about it but its Best, tier 1 dribbler of all time and id back him out against anyone 1v1 just like id back peak Diego, Messi and others from that tier.

Deleted member 101472

Janes is quality no question about it but its Best, tier 1 dribbler of all time and id back him out against anyone 1v1 just like id back peak Diego, Messi and others from that tier.
Sure. Im sure both our left sided players will find some joy utilising their skillsets.

Deleted member 101472

Few times in this clip Kane embarasses Sergio Ramos, whos better than Bonucci and probably second after Godin in the list of best defenders in the last decade (IMO)

Šjor Bepo

Only segment where Sergio Ramos is better then Bonucci is scoring goals.....he is everything what is wrong with a modern defender.
As for Bonucci, he is only behind Godin and Boateng in last 6, 7 years(since Rio, Vida, Terry and that generation past their peak) IMO

Deleted member 101472

Šjor Bepo

:lol: yeah right, nothing to do with Milan being utter trash as a whole and their manager being fecking Rhino Gattuso....nice try though:)

Deleted member 101472

Since will undoutedbly have a fair amount of the ball on my left side, this paints a reasonably good picture of what happens when bale heads for the by-line (based on sjors set-up and comments in the thread)

Petit, Toure and Moreno all have a case for being left alone here, and can easily work triangles between them should the ball make it back to them from Bale. it's very simple positional dominance from my side, with more than enough coverage to deal with 3 left upfield by Sjor.

Deleted member 101472

:lol: yeah right, nothing to do with Milan being utter trash as a whole and their manager being fecking Rhino Gattuso....nice try though:)
Morgan Schneiderlin managed to shine in a southampton squad managed by Ronald Koeman. ;)

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Nice combos by both mamangers in Sammer/Kohler vs Dalglish/Rush. I give the edge to Arbitrium here.

Petit/Yaya pales comapred to Souness/Robson.

Bale and Kane is a very underwhelming attack from Arbitrium. Moreno will have a mammoth task bridging the gap. I rate him a lot, but feel this is too big a task for him.

I believe this would result in a draw 9 times out of 10, but Sjor will sneak in win in the odd game out.

Šjor Bepo

Morgan Schneiderlin managed to shine in a southampton squad managed by Ronald Koeman. ;)
i see what you saying after your last picture, Godin and Luis completely froze after they were taken out from Atletico system.

Deleted member 101472

Nice combos by both mamangers in Sammer/Kohler vs Dalglish/Rush. I give the edge to Arbitrium here.

Petit/Yaya pales comapred to Souness/Robson.

Bale and Kane is a very underwhelming attack from Arbitrium. Moreno will have a mammoth task bridging the gap. I rate him a lot, but feel this is too big a task for him.

I believe this would result in a draw 9 times out of 10, but Sjor will sneak in win in the odd game out.
Based on peak, is it? A consistent prolific striker, and a left winger who at his best literally terrified defences. I mean we judge these players on a lot of criteria, but leave out the differences in athleticism between eras. The fact is if Bale travelled back in time to the 50s, Bergmark would want to travel back in time to the 1800s and stop his grandfather from banging his nan.

Šjor Bepo

Based on peak, is it? A consistent prolific striker, and a left winger who at his best literally terrified defences. I mean we judge these players on a lot of criteria, but leave out the differences in athleticism between eras. The fact is if Bale travelled back in time to the 50s, Bergmark would want to travel back in time to the 1800s and stop his grandfather from banging his nan.
if you want to look at it like that, Yaya and Bale will probably go cry to their mothers after Souness, Robbo and Bergmark finish with them as they played football when that was actually a contact sport. I mean, we all know Yaya cried for less....

Deleted member 101472

if you want to look at it like that, Yaya and Bale will probably go cry to their mothers after Souness, Robbo and Bergmark finish with them as they played football when that was actually a contact sport. I mean, we all know Yaya cried for less....
Nice of you to confirm my team is technically and skillfully superior, albeit in a very roundabout way.

Deleted member 101472

Potential whitewash here? :)
Haven’t voted so don’t know what the state is but a whitewash either way just glosses over any tactical interpretation of this game. I spoke to sjor privately before it and said the most likely outcome would be a draw.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Interesting game. Not a game for scorers here.