Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deery

Dreary
I said this before. He will go to another club for a reasonable fee and we'll spend a world record or near world record fee on Rice
And it’s the first time we seen Rice in a sole defensive role last night for England and he didn’t exactly shine either.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We solve nothing if we replace Fred, but still have to play the other very very average CM in McT. What we need to do is replace Matic with a proper CDM, and find a way to play a midfield of the said player with Pogba and Bruno. Otherwise we solve shit and lack another CM, for which we don't have a budget to bring.
They both need replacing tbh. But Tchoaumeni is a better version of Fred. More consistent and not as light weight.

Matic needs replacing also, but i'm not convinced we want a CDM that sits in a 4-3-3 like most are convinced.

telstar96

Probably in the Kroos role in a midfield three.

Tchouameni looked like such a promising prospect last season and he's picked up where he left off for France and Monaco this season. It's crazy that they already have someone to fill in Kante's role seamlessly when the time comes.

Would absolutely love him at United and he'd be much cheaper than Rice and has been developing a good understanding with Pogba recently
Tchouaméni looks class. I've seen a decent number of people say he's more box-to-box and would be a replacement for either Fred or McTominay. While he is aggressive and does go after the ball carrier rather than sitting, I think he's talented enough to develop into a world class defensive midfielder.

He's already got a lot of attributes required to play DM (good in the air, progressive passer, can dribble out of tight spaces etc) and he's only 21. Given time, he'd lose his aggressive tendencies and become a well rounded defensive midfielder.

Rolaholic

Tchouaméni looks class. I've seen a decent number of people say he's more box-to-box and would be a replacement for either Fred or McTominay. While he is aggressive and does go after the ball carrier rather than sitting, I think he's talented enough to develop into a world class defensive midfielder.

He's already got a lot of attributes required to play DM (good in the air, progressive passer, can dribble out of tight spaces etc) and he's only 21. Given time, he'd lose his aggressive tendencies and become a well rounded defensive midfielder.
Agreed, his skillset would suit us perfectly especially against low-block sides. He wouldn't be deathly afraid of possession like McTominay and is a much better/more accurate passer and dribbler than Fred

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'd have him in a pivot with him like Matic when he still had his legs with Bruno playing the Griezmann/no.10 role given that he tracks back and presses well
I personally don't see how he can sit next to Pogba.

Matic is a player that is usually seen within the CB'S almost playing as a back 3.

This is why for me Rice feels more natural at the age of 22 - he does that already.

Tchouameni wants to be everywhere and he will be everywhere. When a player gets past him he will make a run back and tackle them but that can't be the safest thing to line up next to Pogba - you need two players who play like that so two people are able to chase after the men that do get past them. We see this with Fred and Mctominay vs Mctominay & Pogba.

On the other side - one of the main thing people like about Tchouameni is his Pressing and in my opinion you cannot have a presser next to Pogba because he simply does not press. The presser will be at times getting further up the pitch than Pogba to press on to an attacker leaving Pogba as the deeper midfielder. Its why again Tchouameni needs a copy of himself in a double pivot in my opinion.

Anyway, let's see what happens and how they develop and who we buy.

ThemanGiggsy

I think this kid would be great, especially instead of Rice. i dont understand why you couldn't put him behind Pogba and Bruno in a three man midfield. Bruno doesn't HAVE to play as basically a false 9 the whole time at all. if need be he can play next to Pogba in a 2 man midfield. they have used him both ways for France. we have too much attacking power to keep playing a two man midfield of Mct/Fred or matic. AWB/Varana/Maguire/Shaw is plenty of defense to let the attackers do their thing. a front 5 of rashford, Ronaldo, sancho, pogba, and bruno would be enough to make teams nervous about overly attacking

Devil may care

And it’s the first time we seen Rice in a sole defensive role last night for England and he didn’t exactly shine either.
I didn’t see the game, did Foden and Mount play as #8's ahead of him?

They both need replacing tbh. But Tchoaumeni is a better version of Fred. More consistent and not as light weight.

Matic needs replacing also, but i'm not convinced we want a CDM that sits in a 4-3-3 like most are convinced.
Agreed, the obsession with this mythical one man army holding midfielder is so the fantasy of Pogba and Bruno as 8's can happen, when in reality all the team lacks personnel wise is two quality midfielders who can use the ball and put in the work off it to replace McFred.

Still half what Rice would cost, if we can get him and another midfielder and let Pogba, Van de Beek and Matic go I think we'll finally have a properly balanced side.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We could have got him for 30m this summer. Wait and watch game will cost more sometimes. Could have had Maguire 20m lesser the previous year than what we had spent on him.
Who told you that? Tchouaméni wasn't for sale this summer, let alone for sale at 30m.

pascell

Who told you that? Tchouaméni wasn't for sale this summer, let alone for sale at 30m.
There was a tweet at the time that Monaco would accept a lower fee to balance the books if they didn't qualify for the CL but I thought at the time that it was wishful thinking, Monaco would let anyone else go first.

I can see United going in for Tchouameni this summer, possibly January if the right fee is negotiated and the player pushes for the move.

JPRouve

Scout
There was a tweet at the time that Monaco would accept a lower fee to balance the books if they didn't qualify for the CL but I thought at the time that it was wishful thinking, Monaco would let anyone else go first.

I can see United going in for Tchouameni this summer, possibly January if the right fee is negotiated and the player pushes for the move.
Monaco needed 2000€ in order to balance their books. Those tweets are from people that don't have a clue.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We could have got him for 30m this summer. Wait and watch game will cost more sometimes. Could have had Maguire 20m lesser the previous year than what we had spent on him.
And there are 100’s more examples where we would pull the trigger and the player turns out to be rubbish. 30m down the drain.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Monaco needed 2000€ in order to balance their books. Those tweets are from people that don't have a clue.
:lol:

It's funny how people have a go at our club when just because of the name of our club the cost of the player we target will increase by a good 20-25%.

Kostov

I agree Tchouameniis a better option than Fred, and personally I would love if we could bring him in, but this current squad imo needs a CDM more urgently than a Fred replacement. In a perfect world we bring both, but we won't do that I am sure.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah thats what I thought. Plus leeway was given by UEFA to all teams in terms of FFP due to covid. No way we'd get him for less than €50m.
FFP isn't the main issue when it comes to french clubs, the issue is the DNCG. Whether a club has to sell quickly is more dependent on that because the FFP committee doesn't give immediate sanctions and they don't expect clubs to have their books in order yearly.

Adam-Utd

I agree Tchouameniis a better option than Fred, and personally I would love if we could bring him in, but this current squad imo needs a CDM more urgently than a Fred replacement. In a perfect world we bring both, but we won't do that I am sure.
I'd say 2 midfielders this summer is going to be vital. We could be losing Pogba and Matic needs a fresh upgrade.

I can't see us getting Haaland so £150m on 2 midfielders and a right back would be ideal.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I'd say 2 midfielders this summer is going to be vital. We could be losing Pogba and Matic needs a fresh upgrade.

I can't see us getting Haaland so £150m on 2 midfielders and a right back would be ideal.
As much as I think he would be incredible, I'm not really arsed with getting Haaland in the summer. We have players capable of 20+ goals a season in Ronaldo, Rashford and hopefully Greenwood. I'd rather spend that money on where we need it.

Adam-Utd

As much as I think he would be incredible, I'm not really arsed with getting Haaland in the summer. We have players capable of 20+ goals a season in Ronaldo, Rashford and hopefully Greenwood. I'd rather spend that money on where we need it.
It's tricky as he's a genuine generational talent, and if we don't get him there's a good chance he goes to our main rival.

I'd be quite happy if he rocked up at the Bernabeu this summer that's for sure.

JPRouve

Scout
Haaland is only 21 years old and feels like the next Lewandowski. Any club that has the financial capability to sign him should try their best regardless of needs. Loan the money for the likes of Tchouaméni if needed but don't give up on Haaland.

Kostov

If we do lose Pogba, then I agree we need 2 midfielders, but also it would make our midfield dilemma an easier one. Don't have to fin the "perfect" partner for Pogba, and we go for 2 midfielder unburdened by how e fit both Pogba and Bruno. Speaking about it, I hope Pogba stays and we find a way to play them both with someone suitable.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Haaland is only 21 years old and feels like the next Lewandowski. Any club that has the financial capability to sign him should try their best regardless of needs. Loan the money for the likes of Tchouaméni if needed but don't give up on Haaland.
I do get that he's generational, but we already did that with Ronaldo. I don't see us doing that again, trying to fit Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno and Haaland in the same side is going to be next to impossible. Especially because we then won't be able to afford a proper midfield to have behind them all.
It's tricky as he's a genuine generational talent, and if we don't get him there's a good chance he goes to our main rival.

Yeah, I guess it does depend if looks like he's going City. Then our hand will be forced. As I said above, I don't see what use it will be if we've got no midfield to back up our attacking riches.

JPRouve

Scout
I do get that he's generational, but we already did that with Ronaldo. I don't see us doing that again, trying to fit Ronaldo, Rashford, Greenwood, Bruno and Haaland in the same side is going to be next to impossible. Especially because we then won't be able to afford a proper midfield to have behind them all.
So you would ignore a 21 years old top player because you have a 36 years old top player? To me that's crazy particularly when you can finance extra spendings, you can borrow money.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
So you would ignore a 21 years old top player because you have a 36 years old top player? To me that's crazy particularly when you can finance extra spendings, you can borrow money.
No, I'm merely going off what we usually spend every year. I just don't believe we will spend what we would have to spend on Haaland (rumoured wages, etc) and be able to invest what I think we need in midfield. If money isn't an object, then sign him up.

Demaw

Agree there, we have read about him for quite a while now, unfortunately he is shining for France and now is above 50 million I'd say. Newcastle will now make it even harder as they will be offering huge sums to get players in.

AussieDevil

He is more of a Kante than a Matic. He will be all over the pitch like a pitbull. To get the best out of him, youd need to pair him with a ball playing centre mid like Jorginho.

If Pogba leaves. I’d love for us to sign Tchouameni and Caquaret.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Sign him up and watch him forget how to pass the ball almost imediately

AneRu

No, I'm merely going off what we usually spend every year. I just don't believe we will spend what we would have to spend on Haaland (rumoured wages, etc) and be able to invest what I think we need in midfield. If money isn't an object, then sign him up.
Then prepare to spend ages without a balanced squad. Sometimes it's pointless to spend £100m plus wages on Haaland and field a team with McFred. This season was our window and I feel we should have pushed out our budgetary limits and brought in a DM to give us a realistic chance of competing.

If we make the same mistake next season we will be wasting this squad's potential again and we could see our top players starting to look beyond us.

stu_1992

He is more of a Kante than a Matic. He will be all over the pitch like a pitbull. To get the best out of him, youd need to pair him with a ball playing centre mid like Jorginho.

If Pogba leaves. I’d love for us to sign Tchouameni and Caquaret.
I do like the look of him too. Very composed looking player even at a young age. I went to see him play live last week for France under 21s,and while there was a lot of obvious standout moments from thsy game, I liked what I saw from him a lot in a more understated sense. Granted that was at under 21 level and they played against 10 men for a lot of the game.

Having said that, I'm not quite sure he's ready for a club of our size yet at least. Tchouameni for example is clearly a lot more ready for the next step.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Then prepare to spend ages without a balanced squad. Sometimes it's pointless to spend £100m plus wages on Haaland and field a team with McFred. This season was our window and I feel we should have pushed out our budgetary limits and brought in a DM to give us a realistic chance of competing.

If we make the same mistake next season we will be wasting this squad's potential again and we could see our top players starting to look beyond us.
I think we're saying the same thing. I'd love Haaland, but I think if we don't do a Midfield overhaul, it will stop us winning anything. If we can do both and go mad in the market through sales, happy days!

NZT-One

Sign up all attackers. Because this is what serves us so well this season until now. Just adding more attackers. Cheeky bid when this forum will be starting to convince themself that the way forward should be Pogba and Bruno in the double-pivot to finally be able field another attacker next to Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno and Martial because then finally all things will click. The fact that other teams seem to click without that will be ignored just like it has been ignored the last 5 years.

Adam-Utd

Sign up all attackers. Because this is what serves us so well this season until now. Just adding more attackers. Cheeky bid when this forum will be starting to convince themself that the way forward should be Pogba and Bruno in the double-pivot to finally be able field another attacker next to Greenwood, Sancho, Rashford, Cavani, Ronaldo, Bruno and Martial because then finally all things will click. The fact that other teams seem to click without that will be ignored just like it has been ignored the last 5 years.
Cavani and Martial will probably be gone next year.

Ronaldo can't play 60 games a season alone and Greenwood isn't as good as Haaland right now.

We'd be silly not to try for Haaland and then sell the others we don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.