Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

AussieDevil

Caquaret is who I want as well.

I just feel like there is always a Tchouameni type player available - a player that chases after the ball whether it's in front or behind them and has a fantastic tackle to make up for it.

Caqueret has the potential to be a player that can be very hard to find in the future if we skip out on him and turns in to the type of player we think he could be.

He has good press resistance and ability to be creative from deeper positions which we have not had since Carrick.
Caquaret could grow into a midfield general, one who can dictate tempo. Press resistance is one of the best attributes to have in modern football, especially in the premier league.

You would never be able to play both him and Fred together though becauee you’d be giving up too much size.

AussieDevil

I'd say we're missing both profiles if we're to continue with a midfield two. Caqueret is someone who I would say is best utilised as the secondary #6, next to a defensively strong player like Tchouameni, who would provide a foundation for players like Caqueret to progress play. While Tchouameni potentially dominates zones in defensive transition by winning aerial balls, defending space in a high block against the quickest of attackers, as well as providing support in possession. These attributes aren't valued by many fans but it's necessary to have such players which creates a defensive balance/platform in defensive transitions for the team's ball players.

We have a number of players coming through the ranks with a similar profile to Caqueret, but there's not many with the profile of Tchouameni, as far as the qualities he brings in a low/mid, and high blocks, which could potentially allow us to utilise a 3 man midfield with two #8s. A midfield 3 of Tchouameni, Caqueret and Hannibal could potentially work.
Completely agree with this. We need a player with both profiles. Tchouameni doesn’t seem like a complete #6, but next to a partner who is comfortable with dictating play it could give him the freedom to press high and shut down space in the channels. Caquaret and Tchouameni could form a Jorginho-Kante partnership.

Tchouameni/Caquaret/Hannibal could function like the Casemiro/Kroos/Modric midfield.

Asger

4-0 victory vs Clermont.

90 min
2 chances created
5/6 dribbles won
4/5 tackles won
18/22 duels won
14 ball recoveries
5/5 aerial duels
3 interceptions

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
4-0 victory vs Clermont.

90 min
2 chances created
5/6 dribbles won
4/5 tackles won
18/22 duels won
14 ball recoveries
5/5 aerial duels
3 interceptions
People will say it’s an easy game but the point is he’s physically dominant on a regular basis. I think he’d adapt well.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Tchouameni playing in a 433/4141 as the shielding midfielder in a 3-2 loss to Montpellier.

Very easy for Montpellier to get past.
Montpellier has 38% possesion but gets the same shooting stats as monaco.

At times he isn't even running back or towards the opposition to provide the shield to his CB'S as Montpellier get past him with ease. The 3rd goal is a bit dissapointing when following Tchouameni. Feels like both the first and second goal he could have been better with some work rate or even positioning too.

However, gets a good assist and ball progression, again as he moves up the pitch like his box to box play can.

Last edited:

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
His «stats» from the game yesterday is ridiculus. Played as a DM infront of a defence in a 4141. Made an assist, but the distance he moved the ball, the distance he progressed the ball (both through carries and passing), number of passes into the penalty area and recoveries was exceptional.

If he continue like this we will not get him. Real Madrid or someone similar will.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

Tchouameni playing in a 433/4141 as the shielding midfielder in a 3-2 loss to Montpellier.

At times he isn't even running back or towards the opposition to provide the shield to his CB'S as Montpellier get past him with ease. The 3rd goal is a bit dissapointing when following Tchouameni. Feels like both the first and second goal he could have been better with some work rate or even positioning too.

However, gets a good assist and ball progression, again as he moves up the pitch like his box to box play can.
If anything, Monaco looked like a very poorly organized side. Little to do with Tchouameni.

Your agenda on this one is quite clear, and it is starting to make you look silly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd be replacing Fred with him personally. Seems a similar type of player but an upgrade all round.

If we can sign him and a proper CDM this summer we'd be flying.

Corridor of Uncertainty

Out of interest, did you add that little bit after seeing the post below yours?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He is the type of signing City would do while we get McGinn and Rice for twice the price

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Montpellier - Monaco (3-2) : Les notes complètes [Ligue 1 - 22ème j.] (hommedumatch.fr)

Translate to:

" Tchouameni (7) : Another master class of the Red and White middle, which makes a huge showdown in the middle. He even compensates for the small mistakes of his partners. It will not last long in Monaco."

(The average grad was approx 5 for the Monaco-players!)

Monaco rate une occasion en or ! - Débrief et NOTES des joueurs (MHSC 3-2 ASM) - Football - MAXIFOOT

Aurélien Tchouaméni (8): he was clearly the boss in midfield! Always well placed, the Monegasque cut off a good number of Montpellier counterattacks. We can even say that he cleaned up to correct some mistakes made by his teammates. And to reward his excellent recovery performance, he offers himself a decisive pass with a millimeter center for Ben Yedder. -

https://www.monacomatin.mc/football...aco-apres-la-defaite-a-montpellier-3-2-741452

"Tchouameni (8) :sentinel of the middle three, he was the best Monegasque. And by far ! He gained meters on the ball and moved his team forward. He was also the only one to touch Ben Yedder, which earned him his first assist of the season in L1. In one on one, challenging him is like hitting a wall."

A bit of google translate, but you get the picture. He was outstanding, according to those who watched the game and in a league of his own in that midfield.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's the best young DM in Europe in imo. I watched the game yesterday and he played very well. His all-round game is very impressive already. And like @andersj says above, I think it might be difficult to sign him if he carries on playing the way he is in a team that is in a transitional phase with a new coach.

Declan Rice is also a good player and his fans shouldn't get intimidated by Tchouameni.:D

NZT-One

He's the best young DM in Europe in imo. I watched the game yesterday and he played very well. His all-round game is very impressive already. And like @andersj says above, I think it might be difficult to sign him if he carries on playing the way he is in a team that is in a transitional phase with a new coach.

Declan Rice is also a good player and his fans shouldn't get intimidated by Tchouameni.:D

And his biggest fan shouldn't get intimidated... :)

Nice to see the player playing to his potential. If that progress continues he might push himself out of a reasonable price bracket as well though.

How are Caqueret and Guimares doing respectively? Lots of well rounded midfielders in Ligue 1 at the moment.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And his biggest fan shouldn't get intimidated... :)

Nice to see the player playing to his potential. If that progress continues he might push himself out of a reasonable price bracket as well though.

How are Caqueret and Guimares doing respectively? Lots of well rounded midfielders in Ligue 1 at the moment.
I haven't watched Lyon too much since Guimaraes joined them but I mentioned Guimaraes as someone we should buy when he was playing in Brazil with a low release clause. I remember one Arsenal fan on here asking me what type of player Guimaraes is, and I gave a glowing appraisal of the player and told he/she that; Arsenal should sign him from Athletico Paranaense. But he ended up at Lyon and is performing well from I read and he's still only 24.

Caqueret is still 21, and from what i've seen of him he's a talented player with room to improve further. And if i'm not mistaken he's coming into the last year of his contract and may represent a opportunity for someone for a reasonable fee.

tabu

Again, Tchou is strong and his level is enormous. The man wins every ball and it is impossible to take the ball away from him. Physically he is 3 levels above any player on the field and he has a game intelligence that very few have. 1 assist and a created chance on many passes into the penalty area round out his game against Montpellier.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
{
I haven't watched Lyon too much since Guimaraes joined them but I mentioned Guimaraes as someone we should buy when he was playing in Brazil with a low release clause. I remember one Arsenal fan on here asking me what type of player Guimaraes is, and I gave a glowing appraisal of the player and told he/she that; Arsenal should sign him from Athletico Paranaense. But he ended up at Lyon and is performing well from I read and he's still only 24.

Caqueret is still 21, and from what i've seen of him he's a talented player with room to improve further. And if i'm not mistaken he's coming into the last year of his contract and may represent a opportunity for someone for a reasonable fee.
Didn't know that part, I heard they were trying hard to get him extended, but didn't put two and two together. Cherki and Caqueret double swoop please.

Edit: Indeed and he's on peanuts

According to information from L'Equipe , the risk of seeing the French international hopeful leave the club this summer exists. Indeed, the sports daily affirms that "the leaders have offered him a contract extension until 2026 at €150,000 gross/month" ( read here ). A proposal that remained unanswered by the Caqueret clan.

Today, the Lyon midfielder earns €60,000/month, a far cry from Bruno Guimarães ' €220,000 or Houssem Aouar's € 300,000 .

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

He also made L’Equipes team of the week.

So if you are trying to make an argument that he is not very good based on the game yesterday; good luck!

Blood Mage

Can’t we just sign both him and Rice? Seems to unite everyone. Obvious solution.
It would be very negative to play both of them in a double pivot. Just one is needed next to a playmaker like Tielemans or Aouar.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
We get another shot on getting a Fabinho-class player, please just don't mess it up.

RedCurry

Produces great stats but watching his clips don’t fill me with confidence. Looks completely average footballer. Might as well get Zakaria who also looks average but is at least reasonably priced.

tabu

Produces great stats but watching his clips don’t fill me with confidence. Looks completely average footballer. Might as well get Zakaria who also looks average but is at least reasonably priced.
I'm very surprised. Monaco is extremely dependent on him. Tchouameni overpowers his teammates in midfield. Sometimes he can't do so much defensive work on his own.

I think it's damn harsh of you to criticise him, because this player shows time and again how indispensable he is. I find his teammates like Fofana or Jean Lucas borderline defensively. Tchouaméni by and large dominates his world, clean ball recoveries, neat trips, nice game orientations, but at some point he can't do all the work in the CDM alone.

Rolaholic

Madrid are being proactive in planning for a post-Kroos/Modric and Casemiro future, must be nice :(

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Madrid are being proactive in planning for a post-Kroos/Modric and Casemiro future, must be nice :(
Real Madrid are gonna make a big push for him, which is not a surprise.

Rolaholic

Tchouameni, Camavinga, Pogba, perhaps?
Think Pogba ends up in Paris, they already have Fede Valverde who's only 23 though.

I'd be quite envious if they end up with a MF 3 of Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde honestly :lol:

marktan

Think Pogba ends up in Paris, they already have Fede Valverde who's only 23 though.

I'd be quite envious if they end up with a MF 3 of Camavinga, Tchouameni and Valverde honestly :lol:
It's quite an action oriented midfield, there's a lack of the quality of a Modric or a Kroos. Camavinga is the one that could get close, though obviously it's hard to replace two of the best midfielders in modern history.

Does show though that the behind the scenes footballing structure / staff at Real is fairly decent. Viniciuis and Rodrygo were a bit of a gamble, but clearly they scouted them well because Vinicius in particular is seriously talented. Compared to us who generally seem to look at already established British players and spend outrageous sums on them without any consideration of the type of player they are and if they'd fit our team (e.g. AWB, Maguire, Sancho).

Rolaholic

It's quite an action oriented midfield, there's a lack of the quality of a Modric or a Kroos. Camavinga is the one that could get close, though obviously it's hard to replace two of the best midfielders in modern history.

Does show though that the behind the scenes footballing structure / staff at Real is fairly decent. Viniciuis and Rodrygo were a bit of a gamble, but clearly they scouted them well because Vinicius in particular is seriously talented. Compared to us who generally seem to look at already established British players and spend outrageous sums on them without any consideration of the type of player they are and if they'd fit our team (e.g. AWB, Maguire, Sancho).
It's always going to be a tall task replacing a legendary midfield like that but they would definitely be on the right track going after the top young talents at those positions who can then learn under some of the best to ever do it before being thrusted into the fire.

They have been quite well run since they moved away from the 'galactico' model and went the Bayern route of buying up some of the brightest young talents around to develop and integrate into squads full of winners and experience. Vinicius and Mendy are the most recent examples, took the former some time to get going since he joined as a teenager but he's definitely emerged as a bonafide star over the last year and has me feeling bullish about Brazil's chances at the next WC.

They'll more than likely end up with one of Mbappe or Haaland as well this summer :houllier:

For all his theatrics and egotism, Florentino Perez does run quite the tidy and steady ship. They've consistently been a top 5 club in Europe under his reigns

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Like Ornstein reported a few weeks back, the competition for his signature will be intense. United I'm sure will be among the clubs trying to sign him but unless he has a love for our club, I see Real Madrid being the favourites for his signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.