Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Think it will be between us and Chelsea. I'm not buying this Real interest.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bayern will come last and pick him up. They are creating a France/Germany superteam. :)

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think Liverpools interest in him is very real.
Liverpool don't buy unless it's absolutely necessary. This is the team who hasn't gone for a better back ups to their front 3 until this year.

They have Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Thiago, Ox, Jones, Milner. They also have Elliot and the Fulham guy coming in. Pretty sure, they won't go for this guy.

Caesar2290

Why when it's in the position where we have the biggest need without doubt
Because we are restarting the cycle of signing potential players on huge wages.

The only reason this player would pick us at the moment, is if we offer him way better wages than the rest.

So all the future prospects will demand more just to sign for us(see Pogba and Sancho as an example). Also if he doesn't work out it'll be a lot harder to shift him.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Liverpool don't buy unless it's absolutely necessary. This is the team who hasn't gone for a better back ups to their front 3 until this year.

They have Fabinho, Hendo, Keita, Thiago, Ox, Jones, Milner. They also have Elliot and the Fulham guy coming in. Pretty sure, they won't go for this guy.
Their financial position is changing.
Milner is 36. Henderson 32 and injury prone. Thiago is injury prone too. Keita is probably on his way out. Same with Ox. They will upgrade their midfield significantly the next two summers. Of that, I am quite confident.
I bet Klopp miss the physicality of Winjaldum in midfield.

They bought Diaz this january without any urging need.

croadyman

He would choose Chelsea over us and quite frankly I don't blame him at all

Sea-Cow

He'll probably go to Liverpool. It's the one position they are slightly light in so will be their focus for the summer.
Fabinho? He's amazing.

edit** Sorry. I failed to notice I was responding to a week old post. My response was already said multiple times.

ti vu

Really impressed by this guy. Has that composure, comfortable for his defensive game like Rio (different position I know). What I am trying to say is he look like he doesn't has to rush thing, yet still have full control of the situation, and hardly make rash tackle, mistimed, get skinned by opposition. Also quite decent with his passing too. Has that next big thing aura around him.

gajender

Really impressed by this guy. Has that composure, comfortable for his defensive game like Rio (different position I know). What I am trying to say is he look like he doesn't has to rush thing, yet still have full control of the situation, and hardly make rash tackle, mistimed, get skinned by opposition. Also quite decent with his passing too. Has that next big thing aura around him.
What's his best position ?

gajender

Currently play a box to box role from what I see, but other occasions also play defensive midfielder role.
We need both to be honest so hopefully Club is keeping track of his progress.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He is consistently Monacos best player and stands out most games. I’ve watched 4 of his games now and he’s been impressive in all I’ve seen.

Only worry is that the pace of the PL is far higher than the matches I’ve seen in Ligue 1. He’s coped very well under pressure and seems ready though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm getting open to buying him just because I think he will replace Fred or Mctominay rather than Matic.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I'm getting open to buying him just because I think he will replace Fred or Mctominay rather than Matic.
It really depends on what system we want to play. We may not need a DM in the traditional sense depending on the coach and style we implement.

I think it’a incredible that it’s still not set in stone the style of play we want and the next manager.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It really depends on what system we want to play. We may not need a DM in the traditional sense depending on the coach and style we implement.

I think it’a incredible that it’s still not set in stone the style of play we want and the next manager.
I mean that's why - considering how many people rate this guy, I'd rather we got him and see if this allows us to let go of Fred or Mctominay (I like both tbh but they need improvement) with Tchouameni being a more box to box in my eyes anyway.

If he then shows that he can take over Matic then great - but I'm still not sure because I find his tackling coming routinely after the opposition has gotten past his position with relative ease; similar to how people say that defenders shouldn't make slide tackles because it shows a misreading of the game or something.

If we then still need replacement for Matic then we can maybe look at a different player in the transfer window after.

We just have so many gaps in our midfield - no anchorman, no playmaker after pogba and the ones we have like box to box or pressing midfielder are simply not good enough.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is consistently Monacos best player and stands out most games. I’ve watched 4 of his games now and he’s been impressive in all I’ve seen.

Only worry is that the pace of the PL is far higher than the matches I’ve seen in Ligue 1. He’s coped very well under pressure and seems ready though.
players from ligue 1 usually translate to england no problem. it’s one of the more successful transitions

SparkedIntoLife

Sorry to be negative but I get the feeling Tchouameni will be aiming higher than us this Summer. He just has the Real Madrid/Bayern vibe about him. We’re talking £50-60m which I’d be very comfortable him being worth; especially given our need for a midfielder.

My view is we need an overhaul of at least 5 players and I’d really hope we lean into the Rangnick style hidden gem model rather than go big for the likes of Rice. Especially as there’s bargains like Kamara available this Summer. We need to be smart. I’m talking no more than 30m for each. There’s players out there just ready to break through into the top tier from much cheaper markets; we need to be all over that profile of a player. Tchouameni is an exception though. I think he’s guaranteed to be so good that he’s worth 60m. Rice will be superb as a leader and player for the next decade so 100m is probably fair, given the English tax, but we need more players than just one or two. The Greenwood situation coupled with Ronaldo’s decline and Cavani’s upcoming departure means at least one attacker is a must. Strikers, obviously, aren’t cheap.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Sorry to be negative but I get the feeling Tchouameni will be aiming higher than us this Summer. He just has the Real Madrid/Bayern vibe about him. We’re talking £50-60m which I’d be very comfortable him being worth; especially given our need for a midfielder.

My view is we need an overhaul of at least 5 players and I’d really hope we lean into the Rangnick style hidden gem model rather than go big for the likes of Rice. Especially as there’s bargains like Kamara available this Summer. We need to be smart. I’m talking no more than 30m for each. There’s players out there just ready to break through into the top tier from much cheaper markets; we need to be all over that profile of a player. Tchouameni is an exception though. I think he’s guaranteed to be so good that he’s worth 60m. Rice will be superb as a leader and player for the next decade so 100m is probably fair, given the English tax, but we need more players than just one or two. The Greenwood situation coupled with Ronaldo’s decline and Cavani’s upcoming departure means at least one attacker is a must. Strikers, obviously, aren’t cheap.
I agree with this, we've had an 8/9 year period where we've been sub par, unfortunately our actions at board level ha severely effected us on the pitch, we should probably accept our fate as being a "feeder" club for now like Dortmund are - they've done so successfully so there's no reason why we can't, build ourselves back up to where Bayern/Real/Liverpool.

Sadly I think the board still see us as competing with the likes of the above, where we can only offer insane wages to compete with for these signings - and as we all know that inly gets you mercenaries who lack the drive and effort.

SparkedIntoLife

I agree with this, we've had an 8/9 year period where we've been sub par, unfortunately our actions at board level ha severely effected us on the pitch, we should probably accept our fate as being a "feeder" club for now like Dortmund are - they've done so successfully so there's no reason why we can't, build ourselves back up to where Bayern/Real/Liverpool.

Sadly I think the board still see us as competing with the likes of the above, where we can only offer insane wages to compete with for these signings - and as we all know that inly gets you mercenaries who lack the drive and effort.
Totally, I think it’s the only way. We need more hunger and sense of meritocracy in the squad. We can’t keep overpaying. That isn’t just wages; it’s about targeting players who have something to prove. We’re so stagnant. I want us to sign the likes of Calvin Ramsey, Kamara, De Ketelaere, Vandervoort, Darwin Nunez, Schlotterbeck, Hickey etc. Not the obvious types all the time.

That also means being able to sell. I thought the incoming transfers in Van Gaal’s time were incredibly poor but one positive, in hindsight, was the ruthlessness of selling players who weren’t ultimately going to be good enough to free up room for youth. We tend to hold onto average players too long.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Totally, I think it’s the only way. We need more hunger and sense of meritocracy in the squad. We can’t keep overpaying. That isn’t just wages; it’s about targeting players who have something to prove. We’re so stagnant. I want us to sign the likes of Calvin Ramsey, Kamara, De Ketelaere, Vandervoort, Darwin Nunez, Schlotterbeck, Hickey etc. Not the obvious types all the time.

That also means being able to sell. I thought the incoming transfers in Van Gaal’s time were incredibly poor but one positive, in hindsight, was the ruthlessness of selling players who weren’t ultimately going to be good enough to free up room for youth. We tend to hold onto average players too long.
Yup, our inability to purchase correctly correlates to our poor selling, I think Daniel James was our last "shrewd" bit of business for a long while.

Buy them young and hungry, if they do well, sell them for high profit to the elite teams - it's exactly what Liverpool did with Coutinho and Suarez, it only took them one cycle of this to elevate themselves to that elite tier.

P.s sorry for typos/errors, multitasking!

GueRed

Playing right now for Monaco v FC Lorient BT Sports 3

Will keep an eye on him, see what all the fuss is about

SparkedIntoLife

Yup, our inability to purchase correctly correlates to our poor selling, I think Daniel James was our last "shrewd" bit of business for a long while.

Buy them young and hungry, if they do well, sell them for high profit to the elite teams - it's exactly what Liverpool did with Coutinho and Suarez, it only took them one cycle of this to elevate themselves to that elite tier.

P.s sorry for typos/errors, multitasking!
Definitely, the Daniel James transfer in and then out was refreshing and far from the norm. We should’ve sold Henderson after the second Sheffield United loan IMHO as he seems far from good enough but had value then. We took a step forward with the Lingard loan but failed to sell him when he had a semblance of value last Summer. I hope Martial impresses at Sevilla and that we cash in at the right time.

I don’t see errors or typos; your post was well written.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
I mean that's why - considering how many people rate this guy, I'd rather we got him and see if this allows us to let go of Fred or Mctominay (I like both tbh but they need improvement) with Tchouameni being a more box to box in my eyes anyway.

If he then shows that he can take over Matic then great - but I'm still not sure because I find his tackling coming routinely after the opposition has gotten past his position with relative ease; similar to how people say that defenders shouldn't make slide tackles because it shows a misreading of the game or something.

If we then still need replacement for Matic then we can maybe look at a different player in the transfer window after.

We just have so many gaps in our midfield - no anchorman, no playmaker after pogba and the ones we have like box to box or pressing midfielder are simply not good enough.
I don’t think you’d want to let go Fred or McTominay you just don’t want them to be your first choice. As squad players we could do a lot worse. Fred is a Brazil international and McTominay is absolutely good enough to be a squad player.

Tchouameni or any other midfield additions should improve the first XI and relegate them to the bench or rotation roles.

We’re in a weird position in midifeld where a mix of styles from previous managers has us in a position where we have good players but that just don’t gel well enough for the style we now want to play.

players from ligue 1 usually translate to england no problem. it’s one of the more successful transitions
Not always the case. Tchouameni appears to have the physical side down enough that he’d be ok after a season.

An interesting read up for anyone who fancies is here:
https://smarterscout.com/articles/a...mier-league-monaco-ligue-1-france-real-madrid

We’re in a bit of a sticky situation in that we need a CM possibly two if Pogba leaves and then a striker or wide forward now.

I think Tchouameni would aim higher than us right now too. We’re not title challengers and we don’t have a good track record with developing CMs for the last 8 years.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Definitely, the Daniel James transfer in and then out was refreshing and far from the norm. We should’ve sold Henderson after the second Sheffield United loan IMHO as he seems far from good enough but had value then. We took a step forward with the Lingard loan but failed to sell him when he had a semblance of value last Summer. I hope Martial impresses at Sevilla and that we cash in at the right time.

I don’t see errors or typos; your post was well written.
Yup, we could have sold James, Henderson and Tuanzebe for about £100m combined over the past 4 years which would have helped us massively, now we're just bleeding money - hopefully we've woken up a little and will act smarter, same with Garner, unless he is going to get 20/30 games here, just loan him to a Prem team to increase his value or sell him with a buyback.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
How was his performance today against Lorient?
Monaco were poor today and Tchouameni passing was off but he was trying to be more progressive with some excellent balls forward.

Defensively he was fantastic and overall IMO their best player today despite a poor result.

GueRed

How was his performance today against Lorient?
First time to watch him closely.

He was defensively comfortable overall. He wasnt stretched much, Lorient werent much of a threat going forward.

Would've been nice to have seen him on the ball more to check out if he had an expansive range of passing.

As for the game itself it was a game played at a pedestrian pace. Not many clear cut chances. Quite boring tbh.
Most of the play in the 2nd half was played in Lorient's half

Game ended 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.