Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

Should have went for him last summer when the fanbase was crying out for a DM signing. Now it's likely too late.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Like Ornstein reported a few weeks back, the competition for his signature will be intense. United I'm sure will be among the clubs trying to sign him but unless he has a love for our club, I see Real Madrid being the favourites for his signature.
But with his valuation soaring continually, will Real have the financial clout to pay Mbappe's signing bonus, agent fees, superstar wages, and go for Haaland, while having the money left over to buy Tchouameni?

If it wasn't financially impossible, I'd say he'd fit in really well with Rice alongside him. That would be some foundation.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
But with his valuation soaring continually, will Real have the financial clout to pay Mbappe's signing bonus, agent fees, superstar wages, and go for Haaland, while having the money left over to buy Tchouameni?

If it wasn't financially impossible, I'd say he'd fit in really well with Rice alongside him. That would be some foundation.
His price definitely seems to be soaring with each passing game-day. And you're right, maybe Real Madrid might have a issue signing Haaland, Mbappe and Tchouameni. They also still have a midfield 3, that looks to be good for at least another season. Casemiro is still good for a few more years atleast, and it might be a risky move for Tchouameni, as far as playing time is concerned.

We don't need both Rice and Tchouameni imo, I'm personally hoping the club go in for Tchouameni and set up in a 433, with two creative #8s next to him. But one of those #8s has to be good defensively as well. I think Hannibal could be the player who we can develop as the deep lying conductor, who also provides a high intensity game style off the ball.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
His price definitely seems to be soaring with each passing game-day. And you're right, maybe Real Madrid might have a issue signing Haaland, Mbappe and Tchouameni. They also still have a midfield 3, that looks to be good for at least another season. Casemiro is still good for a few more years atleast, and it might be a risky move for Tchouameni, as far as playing time is concerned.

We don't need both Rice and Tchouameni imo, I'm personally hoping the club go in for Tchouameni and set up in a 433, with two creative #8s next to him. But one of those #8s has to be good defensively as well. I think Hannibal could be the player who we can develop as the deep lying conductor, who also provides a high intensity game style off the ball.
No, we don't need both. But I'd definitely love to see it. I think Rice can develop his game further by the way.

I'm not sure who I'd rather want.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
His signing doesn't work for me. Timing, price and midfield positions, unless they sell Casemiro.
Even without the CKM I can't imagine Valverde, Tchouameni and Camavinga. I trust that Valverde will be more the one from Uruguay NT, evolving and leaving that strange position that he has now, but even with more prominence I miss a new "Modric".
Unless Florentino has the Makelele syndrome and wants to secure the midfield from minute 1

Bondi77

Real Madrid are gonna make a big push for him, which is not a surprise.
Still think he will go for 60mil euros? :nono:
The media are bringing in the competitors now as the race heats up between Utd, Real and will not be long before they pull in PSG.
By the summer Rice will be the cheaper option :lol:

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
No, we don't need both. But I'd definitely love to see it. I think Rice can develop his game further by the way.

I'm not sure who I'd rather want.
I see where you're coming from and signing both players would definitely help to apply pressure and control the game off the ball. But my concern would be, that we'd probably lack the craft and guile in midfield to propel us towards the best teams at home and abroad. And we also don't have the fullbacks, who can make up such a deficit in offensive transition, the way Liverpool do.

NoPace

Watched the Lens highlights. He seemed to be playing as the 1 in a 4-1-4-1 as his partner joined the wingers and Volland mostly higher up the pitch. Didn't seem interested in marking Kakuta on the first goal they conceded but then at 3-2 had a great steal and lovely little assist to clinch it.

JohnnyLaw

Only watched the first half where my impression were mixed. I thought that he was pretty poor in possession but absolutely exceptional at winning it back.

Just based on the 45 mins he fits perfectly as a single defensive pivot we’re searching but might need to sharpen up a bit on the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Quite simply the best young DM in the game imo. His ability to completely dominate in defensive transitions is unreal.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The board wonders whether he's better than Dier/Jorginho?

croadyman

Quite simply the best young DM in the game imo. His ability to completely dominate in defensive transitions is unreal.
Yeah someone like him and a CM would be a significant upgrade in that area

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah, his price is just going up. Don't think he'll be any cheaper than Rice. Surely there'll be a queue of suitors.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's got Real Madrid written all over him. I'd be amazed if he came to us.

Caesar2290

If we want him, we will have to overpay, again.

As much as it pains me, I'd rather we let him go and sort out our recruitment first.

pascell

The time was last summer when Monaco were struggling to get into the CL and needed the money because covid obviously hit them hard. They now have steadied the ship and can ask what they want, which is reportedly around €80m minimum.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why would he goto Madrid? Casemiro is still one of the best and I doubt he is going to get his opportunity for next 2 years. Think he will move to one more club and then move to Madrid during his peak.

AussieDevil

Would be a top top signing. So many fans on here called it over a year ago when his asking price was about 30m. Funny how your average supporter seems to have more sense than one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Cant see him going to Madrid, think they need a more creative player to replace Modric.

arthurka

We are idiots, never ahead of the curve.
This guy had class written all over him since he came about.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Real Madrid will be in for him according to reports from Spain. But if you're Tchouameni, would you want to go to Madrid with Casemiro still at the peak of his powers.. I'm not sure he'll go there, but you never know.

But one thing is clear, he'll be the most wanted young DM in Europe in the summer. And as David Ornstein reported a few weeks back, 'the competition for his signature will be intense'

SAF is the GOAT

Would be a top top signing. So many fans on here called it over a year ago when his asking price was about 30m. Funny how your average supporter seems to have more sense than one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Cant see him going to Madrid, think they need a more creative player to replace Modric.
His asking price wasn't 30m no way, it was more close to 50-60m

bosskeano

There is NO chance Madrid can sign this guy, Mbappe and Haaland all in the same summer. They just won't have the finances for it given the financial rules in place right now

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

I am sure the average fan has a lot of wrongs as well to be fair.

There is NO chance Madrid can sign this guy, Mbappe and Haaland all in the same summer. They just won't have the finances for it given the financial rules in place right now
His wages wouldnt be that high I think, and Madrid can sell some players as well. I wouldnt be surprised if they can pull it off.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
If we're going for this guy then we're selling Casemiro

croadyman

If we want him, we will have to overpay, again.

As much as it pains me, I'd rather we let him go and sort out our recruitment first.
Why when it's in the position where we have the biggest need without doubt

bosskeano

I am sure the average fan has a lot of wrongs as well to be fair.

His wages wouldnt be that high I think, and Madrid can sell some players as well. I wouldnt be surprised if they can pull it off.
it's not his salary that is the issue it would be the salary of Mbappe and Haaland that would be the issue...those guys are 3-500K a week easily on top what you would have to pay Tchouanmeni which is probably no more than 75-100k pw

although now that i think about it, isn't Bale and Isco coming off the books this summer? you know Bale is on pretty massive wages

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
I'm very curious to see where he will end up, and how he'll be used in his future team. At Monaco he has a role tailored made for him, which makes sense since he's by far their best player, but that won't be the case in his next club and he'll have to adjust. But I'm not really worried about that, he seems like a smart kid with a good mindset.
I see people saying he can't go to Madrid because of Casemiro but Tchouameni is not a DM, he can operate as one but he's more of a box to box midfielder, he always plays alongside a pure DM, most often Jean Lucas or Fofana, I can see him playing alongside Casemiro without problem, even though he'd offer something very different compared to Kroos or Modric. He's the kind of midfielder who can slot into any kind of midfield, he has both the talent and the workrate. I've not seen a midfielder in Ligue 1 dominating on both sides of the ball like he does and being elite both offensively and defensively (compared to Ligue 1 average of course, it'll be different in a tougher league) since Essien, which is probably the closest comparison I can think of.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He'll probably go to Liverpool. It's the one position they are slightly light in so will be their focus for the summer.

Last edited:

Irrational.

I'm very curious to see where he will end up, and how he'll be used in his future team. At Monaco he has a role tailored made for him, which makes sense since he's by far their best player, but that won't be the case in his next club and he'll have to adjust. But I'm not really worried about that, he seems like a smart kid with a good mindset.
I see people saying he can't go to Madrid because of Casemiro but Tchouameni is not a DM, he can operate as one but he's more of a box to box midfielder, he always plays alongside a pure DM, most often Jean Lucas or Fofana, I can see him playing alongside Casemiro without problem, even though he'd offer something very different compared to Kroos or Modric. He's the kind of midfielder who can slot into any kind of midfield, he has both the talent and the workrate. I've not seen a midfielder in Ligue 1 dominating on both sides of the ball like he does and being elite both offensively and defensively (compared to Ligue 1 average of course, it'll be different in a tougher league) since Essien, which is probably the closest comparison I can think of.
If he’s anywhere close to Essien, we should go all out for him. Between him and Rice, it would be a no-brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.