Autoplaying ad

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
There's a massively annoying ad for British Airways that starts automatically, it autoscrolls you to the bottom of the page where it's playing (it's the ad space beneath the thread you're reading) and plays audio, which you can't mute via the ad, nor can you pause it. When you try and scroll back up, it pulls you back down again. Have tried ad-blocking it but the audio still plays.

Any chance you can stop it happening somehow? Will be very grateful, I'm sick of this man saying fizzy orange.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Use an adblocker until the Caf removes it, I know the site relies on ad revenue but intrusive ads will make the site unusable.

Ubik

Ironically it's not popped up since I made the thread, it had been happening in every one I clicked on prior to that otherwise I'd have ignored it. Still think it should be removed from circulation if at all possible, passive ads are fine but this one was ridiculous.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Those kinds of ads shouldn't be on here, I'll look into it.

@Ubik if it happens again please take a screen shot and post it here.

Ubik

This has just started happening again, a couple of days ago an Under Armour one started auto scrolling me down the page and not letting me back up, managed to just block that one, but just now had a Febreeze one that plays audio as well, screenie here (not that it tells you much :lol:)

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I've disabled the autoplay feature in my browser, shite now is that some gif's won't play.