Television Avatar - The Last Airbender (Netflix)

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I do not see what purpose this serves, but whatever. There are just so many better things everyone could be doing with their lives, you know?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The animated series was perfect. There is no need for this.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The cartoon was so good....this looks very promising, seems very faithful.
It has to keep that same family friendly whimsical humorous vibe as that was half of the appeal.... Gonna send it to my kids and see if it passes the test

flameinthesun

It has to keep that same family friendly whimsical humorous vibe as that was half of the appeal.... Gonna send it to my kids and see if it passes the test
Yeah will be interesting to see if it can strike that balance between the family fun but also those nice deep/poignant parts.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Suffers the same issues as the One Piece series, bad green screen and effects, dodgy dialogue and poor casting with a lead no way good enough to carry this kind of show.

NM

Suffers the same issues as the One Piece series, bad green screen and effects, dodgy dialogue and poor casting with a lead no way good enough to carry this kind of show.
Also no way it can have the character development of the animated series in 7 hours. 4 episodes in, it's ehh bordering on bad, but it's not aimed at people my age anymore.

decorativeed

Me and my 13 year old, who has watched the animated series multiple times just watched the first episode and we both enjoyed it. Not sure what everyone's beef is with it, really.

Obviously it's going to have to diverge from the original in some ways, it's going to have to be truncated, and with a budget for a 2 hour blockbuster spent on 7 hours worth of TV episodes, the effects won't be perfect, but there's nothing I've seen so far that's jarring. Maybe we're all spoiled with good CGI in 2024, but I can still watch my favourite 80s films with obvious practical and optical FX without that spoiling my viewing experience.