AWB in a Kante role?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm by no way a tactician but to me I can see some similarities. He's a absolutely dogged, an incredible tackler and you just can't get passed him.

If we could teach him just to disrupt play and retrieve the ball as a main objective in the middle of the park and by extension, all over the park then surely he'll be good at it and occasionally recycle the ball too.

People have suggested playing CB but his positioning as RB is suspicious and his heading is worse so I think that's out of the question, so what about DM?

Thoughts?

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
More like an Emmanuel Kant role, sitting on the bench reading something.

Not good enough for MUFC

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can’t kick a tin

Nero

The benny hill music would be made for that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol:

He’s be almost as good Fosu-Mensah would be there

NinjaFletch

He's not technically good enough to play right back for a top side, but sure the solution is to move him into a position where it matters even more.

:lol:

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The guy that dribbles a football like a basketball player? The guy that has the positional sense of a cone? The guy that can’t read a flight of ball to save his life? Please let him enjoy the only thing going for him - last ditch tackles because of poor decision making

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm by no way a tactician but to me I can see some similarities. He's a absolutely dogged, an incredible tackler and you just can't get passed him.

If we could teach him just to disrupt play and retrieve the ball as a main objective in the middle of the park and by extension, all over the park then surely he'll be good at it and occasionally recycle the ball too.

People have suggested playing CB but his positioning as RB is suspicious and his heading is worse so I think that's out of the question, so what about DM?

Thoughts?
Probably his weakest attribute is how he reacts to being pressured on the ball. Putting him in midfield would be an awful thing to do.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I mean, who thought Dries Mertens would turn into a lethal striker when Sarri put him at #9?

Put AWB at DM.

Tarrou

I think we had this thread before

he'd be rubbish at it because his positioning, first touch and passing is all crap

REWB

You think tackling and recovering is all you need to be a good DM OP? you know better than that surely.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Christ some people don’t half underrate Kante’s ability on the ball.

Paxi

Probably his weakest attribute is how he reacts to being pressured on the ball. Putting him in midfield would be an awful thing to do.
I'd argue its easier to play in the middle than out wide in regards to pressure. Awareness is another thing.

Paxi

Christ some people don’t half underrate Kante’s ability on the ball.
He's not particularly good though and one doesn't need to be to make it in midfield. Also I've never actually seem that big of a problem with his passing. It's the pressure he receives when he's on the ball that sticks out.

Paxi

You think tackling and recovering is all you need to be a good DM OP? you know better than that surely.
Depends on which attributes one has been graced with. Some players think making a tackle is already a mistake and some live for it. I didn't say a dm, I said Kante role. Doesn't seem that outlandish from what I've seen of Kante.

hobbers

Kante is comfortable on the ball and can hit a pass.

AWB is awful on the ball.

Trequarista10

The problem with our current (defensive) midfielders isn't an inability to tackle, it's poor and inconsistent quality on the ball.

The only role other than RB that AWB should play would potentially be RCB in a back 3, and even then he'd need several years of coaching to adapt and learn the position.

Reactions: van der star

AaronRedDevil

Laugh all you want lads but that's exactly what we are missing. A DM with Aaron's tackling ability, he'd improve the team massively.

Holocene

The problem with our current (defensive) midfielders isn't an inability to tackle, it's poor and inconsistent quality on the ball.

The only role other than RB that AWB should play would potentially be RCB in a back 3, and even then he'd need several years of coaching to adapt and learn the position.
Nailed it. We already have Fred for the workhorse and ball winning role in the midfield.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the most ridiculous suggestions I've seen here.

Paxi

Well we have Tom McTominay whom is playing in that role. He's really not good at anything. At least with AwB there we can have Pogba as a Mezzala and Bruno as the guy that controls the final third.

binary bot
Laugh all you want lads but that's exactly what we are missing. A DM with Aaron's tackling ability, he'd improve the team massively.
We need someone who can pass the ball and defend, not someone that every team in the league targets in possession

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Well we have Tom McTominay whom is playing in that role. He's really not good at anything. At least with AwB there we can have Pogba as a Mozzarella and Bruno as the guy that controls the final third.
Pogba as the mozzarella and maybe AWB as the pepperoni because he sure as feck ain’t a midfielder.

Bobski

Remember the weird idea Alan Smith would make a decent midfielder because of his aggression and something..

Okey

Oh dear! Seriously?! AWB on the ball is about as poor as you can get and you want him to anchor a midfield???