Axel Tuanzebe image 38

Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

Get him back in January ffs, if we can, and him and Varane can play together . Maguire can go out on loan to any one .

VanDeBank

Ma’am
He's looked very poor @Hughie77

Mings was really holding his hand yesterday.

His athleticism really stands out, but he's not good on the ball and he makes too many mistakes and is too easily fooled for that type of a CB.

Hughie77

He's looked very poor @Hughie77

Mings was really holding his hand yesterday.

His athleticism really stands out, but he's not good on the ball and he makes too many mistakes and is too easily fooled for that type of a CB.
Maybe but is Maguire any better atm

Hughie77

Probably? I mean we have 3 other fit senior CB and the reserves. If they're all shit and in poor form, I don't think Maguire's form is the crux of the problem.
No it's not Its part, there's no coincidence that when Varane plays were better at the back.
Shaw along with Maguire cannot keep making those mistakes, it goes right through the team.

GueRed

I remember getting pelters for saying he is not first team United quality.

He didnt look exceptional at youth level to me. And I still stand by that.

Championship/Lower Prem level at best.

E-mal

Get him back in January ffs, if we can, and him and Varane can play together . Maguire can go out on loan to any one .
Is this a joke or you're being serious. Tuanzebe is perhaps one of the poorest defenders in the league. I would say he is not even epl quality.

Dan_F

He’s not played anywhere near enough football at a really important age for a centre back.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
No it's not Its part, there's no coincidence that when Varane plays were better at the back.
Shaw along with Maguire cannot keep making those mistakes, it goes right through the team.
Mate, you don't have to convince me Varane's a better CB. My point is Maguire doesn't pick himself or coach himself.
Regardless, Axel isn't the answer. He and we would be very luck if any EPL team was interested.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s not played anywhere near enough football at a really important age for a centre back.
His injuries play a part, but a big part of which is because we hoard young players for no reason. That season he got promoted with Villa was the season we sent him back either on loan or sold for a decent price with a buy-back or a sell-on clause. Instead we gave him a new contract and he probably played less than 10 senior games for us from that point on.

Hughie77

Mate, you don't have to convince me Varane's a better CB. My point is Maguire doesn't pick himself or coach himself.
Regardless, Axel isn't the answer. He and we would be very luck if any EPL team was interested.
Agree he's not the answer as he's gone out on loan again, but surely there's another option In our squad but it seems not. Axel has not improved from 2 seasons ago, and he did have a good season for Villa on loan in EPL . His ariel ability hasn't moved on in that's his weakness. Maguire gets in because there's no other options.

Hughie77

Is this a joke or you're being serious. Tuanzebe is perhaps one of the poorest defenders in the league. I would say he is not even epl quality.
Trying to be ironic, as mentioned Axel hasn't improved that's why he's gone out on loan again, but do you think Maguire has shone at all. 1 game against a poor Spurs side with Varane, without Varane he's hopeless this season. Put still getting picked. Axel has the odd good game in him ie PSG away, And if you want to compare so has Maguire this season getting the odd good game.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Are we really still doing this? This guy is 24 and has literally only ever looked like a United level centre half for an hour and a half in his whole career. The rest is just pure conjecture that stops existing as soon as we step off Redcafe.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
He's not getting in Villa's XI ahead of Konsa now. He's done at Utd.
You never know that, he may take a while to build form and become their best CB but they aren't going to use Tuanzabe over their own established players because he will go back to his parent club soon, they are better off using him when needed as selfish as that might seem. Some players can go straight in and outperform others, some players need time, trust and confidence to really get to their top level, I wouldn't write him off but it doesn't look good.

Nick7

Konsa is very good to be fair. Thought it was a strange loan at the time. Think he has potential to be better than Mings, but getting ahead of him was always going to be tough.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
However good he might be, and he might be better than Mings someday, I don't think he's ever looked good enough for United. Get some coin in for him, I say.

E-mal

He was never good enough, get some coins for him and may be a buyback clause incase he's worth something in the future.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
He was never good enough, get some coins for him and may be a buyback clause incase he's worth something in the future.
Yeah and we will always have that performance against PSG and Mbappe to remember him by.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You never know that, he may take a while to build form and become their best CB but they aren't going to use Tuanzabe over their own established players because he will go back to his parent club soon, they are better off using him when needed as selfish as that might seem. Some players can go straight in and outperform others, some players need time, trust and confidence to really get to their top level, I wouldn't write him off but it doesn't look good.
Yes we do. You clearly haven't following his loan. He started for them earlier in the season in a back 3 and in a two when either of the others were out. Hasn't impressed enough to get a starting spot. It's that simple.

roseguy64

Yes we do. You clearly haven't following his loan. He started for them earlier in the season in a back 3 and in a two when either of the others were out. Hasn't impressed enough to get a starting spot. It's that simple.
Exactly. If he was outstanding he would have forced himself in the starting XI. Barring a massive upturn in form then he's gone in the summer.

SAF is the GOAT

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His loan at Villa is useless and everyone could have foreseen apart from the guys pulling the strings at this club.

Sell the guy, with a buy-back option. There is a player in there like Tomori, but needs to play and play a lot.

Varun1

His loan at Villa is useless and everyone could have foreseen apart from the guys pulling the strings at this club.

Sell the guy, with a buy-back option. There is a player in there like Tomori, but needs to play and play a lot.
Some people do like to blame the club for everything... You do realise that the player has a say in where he ends up? Understandably, Axel may have preferred to go back to Villa after his last loan spell. Same with Pellistri at Alaves.
In fact, a good example of that, although a few years old now, was Januzaj's loan to Dortmund; He was warned against it but chose to go there and didn't have much game time.
This is entirely on Axel.

Varun1

I hope these quotes are true and he's able to move to Napoli and cement a place. I had high hopes for him but I don't think he'll make it for us as a starter.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I fail to see what was bad about the loan move.

He got chances. Villa initially played a back 3. Then when there were suspensions/injuries, he got chances in a back 2.

Gandalf

I fail to see what was bad about the loan move.

He got chances. Villa initially played a back 3. Then when there were suspensions/injuries, he got chances in a back 2.
The initial loan made some sense as he played under Dean Smith previously and obviously the relationship was a good one and he got his chances but the truth is he was struggling before the change of Manager and it certainly seems that Gerrard does not rate him. If Villa were inclined to terminate the loan and Napoli have genuine interest it might be a good move for him but I would imagine that is going to be complicated as I understood Villa paid a loan fee of around 5M for the season so it is entirely up to them and beyond our control. Slippy may not rate him but with COVID wreaking havoc I am not sure he is going to be willing to let go of a fairly experienced CB at the midway point of the season when he has to be thinking a decent run could get them pushing for a Euro spot.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
The initial loan made some sense as he played under Dean Smith previously and obviously the relationship was a good one and he got his chances but the truth is he was struggling before the change of Manager and it certainly seems that Gerrard does not rate him. If Villa were inclined to terminate the loan and Napoli have genuine interest it might be a good move for him but I would imagine that is going to be complicated as I understood Villa paid a loan fee of around 5M for the season so it is entirely up to them and beyond our control. Slippy may not rate him but with COVID wreaking havoc I am not sure he is going to be willing to let go of a fairly experienced CB at the midway point of the season when he has to be thinking a decent run could get them pushing for a Euro spot.
He's played quite a few games in a row, enough to build match fitness. I watched some of it. He was crap.

If he's not better than Mings or Konsa, maybe he's not a Villa level player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Some people do like to blame the club for everything... You do realise that the player has a say in where he ends up? Understandably, Axel may have preferred to go back to Villa after his last loan spell. Same with Pellistri at Alaves.
In fact, a good example of that, although a few years old now, was Januzaj's loan to Dortmund; He was warned against it but chose to go there and didn't have much game time.
This is entirely on Axel.
Axel can't hold the club to ransom, might as well have kept him anyway. Completely pointless dumb loans that don't amount to anything.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's played quite a few games in a row, enough to build match fitness. I watched some of it. He was crap.

If he's not better than Mings or Konsa, maybe he's not a Villa level player.
They'll always get more leeway, they are their players.

Though not great, they are at the bring of being England internationals, and that is after PL seasons which Tuanzebe has not yet experienced like that. The loan never made any sense.

SAF is the GOAT

Napoli have contacted and asked for information on Axel Tuanzebe's availability.
They are interested in the player and has started contacts with #mufc to understand if there is any possibility of switching from one loan to another [DiMarzio]
In fact, Napoli are enquiring to see if it is possible to do loan with an obligation to buy for Tuanzebe [DiMarzio]

Last edited:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
I can see him doing well in Serie A. Defenders generally fare better there.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They'll always get more leeway, they are their players.

Though not great, they are at the bring of being England internationals, and that is after PL seasons which Tuanzebe has not yet experienced like that. The loan never made any sense.
that dynamic exists for every loan.

He's not not being picked because he's on loan, he's not being picked because he's shite.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
that dynamic exists for every loan.

He's not not being picked because he's on loan, he's not being picked because he's shite.
Fair enough I guess.

My point is, if he's around the level of the players they already have, it is not worth it for a club to start him over their actual players.

This season he's even a bit worse than them, but they have 3 decent CB's at the club already.

Varun1

Axel can't hold the club to ransom, might as well have kept him anyway. Completely pointless dumb loans that don't amount to anything.
With Harry, Varane, Bailly and Lindelof, what would have been the point of keeping him?

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
With Harry, Varane, Bailly and Lindelof, what would have been the point of keeping him?
Using him for B-Matches, and with the injuries we always get. How poor he may be, he would have even deserved minutes over Maguire at some point.

Varun1

Using him for B-Matches, and with the injuries we always get. How poor he may be, he would have even deserved minutes over Maguire at some point.
How were we supposed to know this!
As for B-matches, shouldn't we have played Bailly and Lindelof in those games?
It makes absolutely no sense to me to have a backup player for another backup player. How about a backup for the backup's backup? Where does it stop!

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
How were we supposed to know this!
As for B-matches, shouldn't we have played Bailly and Lindelof in those games?
It makes absolutely no sense to me to have a backup player for another backup player. How about a backup for the backup's backup? Where does it stop!
Jones shouldnt be here, he could have been our 5th/4th defender because Bailly isnt really reliable. It helps that he has shown to be a reliable RB as well, and I guess we should have trainers/players that would be beneficial to grow around.

But I highly doubt a player would say, I am going to loan to Villa and Villa only, Pellistri at the same time.

It looks like the club thought, two decent loans, let's do them again.

Varun1

Jones shouldnt be here, he could have been our 5th/4th defender because Bailly isnt really reliable. It helps that he has shown to be a reliable RB as well, and I guess we should have trainers/players that would be beneficial to grow around.

But I highly doubt a player would say, I am going to loan to Villa and Villa only, Pellistri at the same time.

It looks like the club thought, two decent loans, let's do them again.
Am sure no one at the club was relying on Jones to play this season. If you are referring to injuries, am sure Bailly is as reliable as Axel, who missed quite a few months last season!
We already have 2 players (AWB & Dalot) covering 1 position. Did we need a 3rd? Lindelof has covered RB in the past I seem to remember.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by " and I guess we should have trainers/players that would be beneficial to grow around." ... do you mean Axel should have remained at the club irrespective of game time because it would have been better for him to be around the 1st team and United's coaches?

And yes, the players are given a choice if several clubs have made a loan offer... ultimately it's down to them which club they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.