Axel Tuanzebe England flag

2021-22 Performances

View full 2021-22 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Using him for B-Matches, and with the injuries we always get. How poor he may be, he would have even deserved minutes over Maguire at some point.
Nah, no use to him to stay and be fifth choice. Best scenario would have been to sell Bailly and give Axel the chance to fight for his place and see if he can get over his injury issues. It was just terrible planning on our part to loan him to a club where he features even less than if he'd stayed at United.

roseguy64

Nah, no use to him to stay and be fifth choice. Best scenario would have been to sell Bailly and give Axel the chance to fight for his place and see if he can get over his injury issues. It was just terrible planning on our part to loan him to a club where he features even less than if he'd stayed at United.
That's his own fault for not being good enough.

Lee565

Like gerard will help out a player that is on loan from man united.

BlahRules

That's his own fault for not being good enough.
It was a stupid loan move. Mings is their captain and Konsa is the better defender; Tuanzebe was never going to be starting unless one of them got injured or suspended.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How were we supposed to know this!
As for B-matches, shouldn't we have played Bailly and Lindelof in those games?
It makes absolutely no sense to me to have a backup player for another backup player. How about a backup for the backup's backup? Where does it stop!
Spot on.
It was a stupid loan move. Mings is their captain and Konsa is the better defender; Tuanzebe was never going to be starting unless one of them got injured or suspended.
You're contradicting yourself. He did start, in a back 3. He played poorly.

BlahRules

Spot on.

You're contradicting yourself. He did start, in a back 3. He played poorly.
How did I contradict myself?
Aston Villa never played 3 at the back last season and never played well with that formation. I don't think Mings and Konsa even played well.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
How did I contradict myself?
Aston Villa never played 3 at the back last season and never played well with that formation. I don't think Mings and Konsa even played well.
Did you miss the part where you said he was never going to be starting? He did start, so all the reasons you mentioned as for why he wouldn't are not true.

BlahRules

Did you miss the part where you said he was never going to be starting? He did start, so all the reasons you mentioned as for why he wouldn't are not true.
Injuries in other position allowed him to start games but when they returned he was back to the bench, the other times he played was when either Mings or Konsa was not available. There's a reason why he is now being touted to join Napoli.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Injuries in other position allowed him to start games but when they returned he was back to the bench, the other times he played was when either Mings or Konsa was not available. There's a reason why he is now being touted to join Napoli.
What injuries? He started in a back 3. How about the logical conclusion that he was benched because he performed worse than Mings and Konsa.

SAF is the GOAT

A conference call with #mufc is scheduled by Napoli for Axel Tuanzebe today.
Napoli is in a hurry and hopes to make something out of it. They have also targeted Phillips from Liverpool and Fazio from Roma as alternatives [AlfredoPedulla]
The conference call for Axel Tuanzebe was positive. Growing trust between both parties and Napoli are waiting for the final step. For now, Napoli have dismissed the other two alternatives.
Further confirmation later this week [AlfredoPedulla]
JUST IN: Napoli wants to close the deal for Axel Tuanzebe today and the player only wants Napoli. New appointment with #mufc for last details and final figures.
Spalletti, the manager of Napoli wants it done by weekend [AlfredoPedulla]
Axel Tuanzebe close to joining Napoli on loan without option to buy for a loan fee of €500k [DiMarzio]
JUST IN: It's time for paperworks as both clubs have found an agreement on terms for Axel Tuanzebe. They will discuss about options after the loan with Napoli later [DiMarzio]

Last edited:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Good move for him if true! Great, historic club and there may still be some coaches knocking around Italy who know how to train a defender!

AaronRedDevil

It's logical to loan him out but I think we should keep him. United have FA, CL and PL matches coming up and.also those 2 delayed games to squeeze in. Baily is injury prone and Varane lindelof maguire can't play every match.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Great in napoli he actually gets to compete for the serial title which is nice

Why is the fee so low though? I mean he surely is worth more than that?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Incredible move for him if he gets significant minutes.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Fantastic move for him. That Villa loan was pointless.

OmarUnited4ever

Fantastic move for him. That Villa loan was pointless.
Manolas left, and Koulibaly is injured, they only have Juan Jesus and another one, so the hope here is that he actually gets to play as Napoli really need CBs

Lee565

Hopefully goes through as the spell at villa was doomed the minute mr liverpool became manager at the club

Marwood

It's an amazing life they lead. 24, barely played and gets a move to Napoli. Incredible.

Seems like a good guy so hopefully this finally gets his career going.

GlasgowCeltic

He doesn't look Prem level yet so interesting to see how he does in Serie A, should've been an option to buy though

Revaulx

It's an amazing life they lead. 24, barely played and gets a move to Napoli. Incredible.

Seems like a good guy so hopefully this finally gets his career going.
Yes he does. Comes across as grounded and intelligent. I imagine he won’t find it hard to settle in at what is obviously a very different environment to Manchester or Birmingham.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Napoli are playing Florentina on the 12th. Fingers crossed we'll see Tuanzebe shine vs Vlahovic :devil:

Then a month later vs Barca in the europa :drool:

jesperjaap

That says it all though doesnt it. Mings is actually a good defender as he showed in the Euros....but he always has a big mistake in him and Konsa is a promising one.....but neither are really top notch are they. The fact nobody expected Tuanzabe to force his way in, why should we expect him to establish himself as a United player then?

OhGee

Did Mings or Konsa play against Mbappe and Neymar and do well ?….

izec

I still believe in him. There is a player in there IMO. I hope he gets plenty of game time and shows it at Napoli.

United in sin

This is a great opportunity for him to secure a move away from United. Napoli are playing some really good organized football under Luciano Spalletti and sitting pretty at third in the league. I hope it works out for him

GueRed

ONE good game last season in the Champions League and i had people on my twitter timeline saying drop everyone we have 'the new Paul McGrath' :lol:

ONE game.

If you followed the academy Tuanzebe didnt look exceptional. He was never going to be a top tier.

Good luck to Axel mind, I still think he'll have a good career...Good lad and pro.

United in sin

ONE good game last season in the Champions League and i had people on my twitter timeline saying drop everyone we have 'the new Paul McGrath' :lol:

ONE game.

If you followed the academy Tuanzebe didnt look exceptional. He was never going to be a top tier.

Good luck to Axel mind, I still think he'll have a good career...Good lad and pro.
You might as well be talking about McTominay as well and he's first name on the team sheet. I think Rangknick should've brought him back for more cover but this Napoli loan is probably the best thing for him

VanDeBank

Ma’am
You might as well be talking about McTominay as well and he's first name on the team sheet. I think Rangknick should've brought him back for more cover but this Napoli loan is probably the best thing for him
We have 5 senior CBs and you want a 6th for "more cover"?

Stadjer

Well, Jones and Bailly are injured so often that you could consider both of them together as one cover option. Not sure if that is even true, they are likely injured at the same time too. It would be nice to have some defenders who are good and could stay fit most of the season.

United in sin

Bailly is out for the Africa cup, Jones is injured again and merely a cheerleader. With Maguire and Lindelof both currently struggling for optimal fitness and Varane just recently back after a long layoff you'd think Tuanzebe could've been useful this month. Just me.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Well, Jones and Bailly are injured so often that you could consider both of them together as one cover option. Not sure if that is even true, they are likely injured at the same time too. It would be nice to have some defenders who are good and could stay fit most of the season.
If there's ever an injury crisis of that magnitude you'd play Mengi (who wasn't on loan in the first half of the season).

People have bought in to Ole's/Ed's hoarding nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.