Television Baby Reindeer (Netflix)

Andy_Cole

Really good so far. Watched 4/7 episodes tonight. Short episodes, around 30 mins each.

It’s quite different. Very chilling.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Finished it.

absolutely bananas. Bits of it were excellent bits were a bit disappointing but overall I couldn’t look away.

G-manc

I didn't’ realise until after I’d watched it that the actor was the guy who was stalked in real life.

kps88

Not exactly a pleasant watch this. Parts of it made me feel very uncomfortable and frustrated.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's an uncomfortable watch.

RedDevilRoshi

Got this next on the list after I finish Shogun and the final series of Succession

ColvaleGoa

This is one messed up shitee.

Enjoyed it but it was a uneasy watch. He is definitely a bad comedian.. :D

RedRoach

Thought it was compelling viewing. Went from funny at times, to deeply disturbing, to quite emotional and sad to completely bonkers. Was hard to look away yet uncomfortable to watch at times. One of the best series I have seen for quite some time in terms of originality and unpredictability.

didz

I think it was good? I mean it was fecking horrible to watch but I couldn't stop, so it must have been.

UpWithRivers

It was carried by Jessica Gunning. Brilliant actress and character. Richard Gadd is sht and his character even worse. Unlikeable and unrealistic. It was a bit too artsy trying to be deep and connected from different angles. But it was just stupid. Call the fkn cops on your stalker and don't go get yourself raped over and over. Just ridiculous.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It was carried by Jessica Gunning. Brilliant actress and character. Richard Gadd is sht and his character even worse. Unlikeable and unrealistic. It was a bit too artsy trying to be deep and connected from different angles. But it was just stupid. Call the fkn cops on your stalker and don't go get yourself raped over and over. Just ridiculous.
Unrealistic? Didn't all this actually happen

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
This could all seriously backfire on him. I see stories about people trying to track down the real Martha. This might not end well.

Sent by my ihone

Last edited:

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Stayed up till 3am watching this. It's no unnerving because we all get suckered into feeling sorry for people. You just gotta cut lose at the first sign of strange behavior.

Herman Toothrot

This was excellent. Watched in one sitting. Deeply unpleasant for large parts, I found myself wincing and tearing up in parts. Profoundly sad.

His Dad was fantastic.

I'm not really interested in the real life Martha, but who is that writer? Richard Osmond is quoted as saying 'everybody knows'.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Well this was fecked up. Very good though.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Well this was fecked up. Very good though.
Yeah it was great my entertainment twin. Finished it yesterday.

thought both leads were excellent. Wonder how much of it is true. I assume the broad story is but liberty was taken on some aspects?

poor fecker. I could definitely sympathise with him but it was so annoying seeing him continuously feck things up essentially because he liked the attention underneath it all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

thought both leads were excellent. Wonder how much of it is true. I assume the broad story is but liberty was taken on some aspects?

poor fecker. I could definitely sympathise with him but it was so annoying seeing him continuously feck things up essentially because he liked the attention underneath it all.
Yeah some of the decisions he made were so stupid but they made a bit more sense after the horrific context of the stuff from the fringe and that comedy producer. I wonder if his name will ever come out? Twitter have already found the stalker.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
The stalker has revealed herself in an interview with a Scottish newspaper. She claims she never went to prison and is considering legal action against Netflix.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Reading some of these comments makes me feel like I'd hate this movie with a passion. Sounds a bit like the horror movie where characters forget there is a light switch or that maybe they shouldn't go in alone.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Reading some of these comments makes me feel like I'd hate this movie with a passion. Sounds a bit like the horror movie where characters forget there is a light switch or that maybe they shouldn't go in alone.
It’s a series and it’s nothing like that.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce

I.m pretty sure I've seen him say exactly that. Some aspects were borrowed from stories he'd heard from others and he molded them all into the one story.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
The stalker has revealed herself in an interview with a Scottish newspaper. She claims she never went to prison and is considering legal action against Netflix.
Aye she's going to do an interview with Piers Morgan tomorrow. You knew that rat would be sniffing for her. This has a lot of chapters left to go.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah some of the decisions he made were so stupid but they made a bit more sense after the horrific context of the stuff from the fringe and that comedy producer. I wonder if his name will ever come out? Twitter have already found the stalker.
I’ve been wondering what version of events that comedy producer might give? At the end of the day yer man kept turning up to his flat, again and again, and voluntarily getting absolutely wrecked on drugs. Obviously consent is hazy when they’re both so twisted but even the version of events we’re seeing (which is as one sided as it gets) never shows him asking the guy to stop, or even telling him he’s unhappy about the way things are going. And it does seem slightly implausible the way he says he kept passing out, every time anything sexual happened. He’s doing stuff like MDMA, crack, acid and crystal meth. None of these are drugs you’re ever going to pass out from doing. And we know he was bi, or at least bi-curious and the producer was open about his own preferences from the first time they met. Hard not to wonder if there’s more to this than it seems

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It’s kind of amazing that no one thought making the Martha character so clearly recognisable as the person she’s based on would be a problem down the line. I know Gadd & the production have claimed they made the effort not to but now this woman’s come forward, they very very clearly didn’t. It’s just definitely her! I mean would it have changed the show a lot to maker her blonde? Not Scottish? Something!?

This has also had pretty foreseen knock on effects too, as everyone naturally assumes the Darian character must also look exactly like the guy in the show, and so have been scouring Gadd’s credits and harassing people with ginger beards!

Anyway the show is very good, in one of those “will never watch it again” kinda ways.

Interested to see what Gadd does next as I saw him do his previous show in Edinburgh and it was also about his SA (the TV show is kind of mash up of both live shows I think) so it’s obviously this huge cathartic part of his life that he’s managed to turn into some very effecting art. But now he’s a big deal and this has made a splash in the US too, it’ll be curious to see what he does now as he’ll likely have carte blanche to make something and people will probably expect another heartwrenching personal essay buy like, what do you do when you’ve already made that? An actual stand up special!?

Last edited:

LARulz

It’s kind of amazing that no one thought making the Martha character so clearly recognisable as the person she’s based on would be a problem down the line. I know Gadd & the production have claimed they made the effort not to but now this woman’s come forward, they very very clearly didn’t. It’s just definitely her! I mean would it have changed the show a lot to maker her blonde? Not Scottish? Something!?

This has also had pretty foreseen knock on effects too, as everyone naturally assumes the Darian character must also look exactly like the guy in the show, and so have been scouring Gadd’s credits and harassing people with ginger beards!

Anyway the show is very good, in one of those “will never watch it again” kinda ways.

Interested to see what Gadd does next as I saw him do his previous show in Edinburgh and it was also about his SA (the TV show is kind of mash up of both live shows I think) so it’s obviously this huge cathartic part of his life that he’s managed to turn into some very effecting art. But now he’s a big deal and this has made a splash in the US too, it’ll be curious to see what he does now as he’ll likely have carte blanche to make something and people will probably expect another heartwrenching personal essay buy like, what do you do when you’ve already made that? An actual stand up special!?
Yeah, the lack of effort they did to change her when he said they did is just ridiculous. The main way people found her was that joke about the curtains and people found a tweet referencing that. He could have kept everything the same and probably just changed that joke and would be a lot harder to track down, but instead he basically drew a map to her and now she is doing interviews with papers and Piers Morgan. I assume none of that is helping anybody - especially him or her

Also whilst I do feel sorry for the things he has had to go through as nobody should, I can't help but not really like him. When I was watching the show I felt sorry for him that all of it was happening but I didn't 'like' him if that makes sense? He came across as a dick and full of himself, and to be honest still does from the interviews I've seen/read. But guess fair play to making the best of a bad (to say the least) situation, and probably allowing space for others to come forward

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
I mean yeah if you're going to play yourself in a show based on events from your own life then you can probably expect other people to get dragged into it, whether they wanted to be or not.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I mean yeah if you're going to play yourself in a show based on events from your own life then you can probably expect other people to get dragged into it, whether they wanted to be or not.
All the more reason to not make your fictionalised character virtually identical then surely? Especially if that person is mentally unstable?