John O'Shea:
  • Premier League: 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
  • FA Cup: 2003–04
  • Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09
  • FA Community Shield: 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
  • UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
  • FIFA Club World Cup: 2008

bringbackbebe

John O'Shea (avg but cult hero who won a lot) - 5x PL, 1x CL, 1x FA Cup, 2x League Cup

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
John O'Shea:
  • Premier League: 2002–03, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010–11
  • FA Cup: 2003–04
  • Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09
  • FA Community Shield: 2003, 2007, 2008, 2010
  • UEFA Champions League: 2007–08
  • FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
You wash your mouth out!

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Olivier Giroud is the first one that comes to my mind when I think average player with a bloated record

Hughes35

Phil Neville and the one we're not allowed to sat were the first two to spring to mind tbh.

Decent players, but won more than their talent.

Neville: 6PL titles, 3 FA cups, Champions league and 59 caps for England.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Kingsley Coman
Weird statement as he didn’t just win much, but was first choice for many of his titles and actually scored the lone goal in a champions league final.

My choice is Bernd Dreher.
5 German Cups
7 league titles
1 champions league
1 intercontinental cup
5 league cups
1 UEFA cup

Totalling about 13 games played for the first team, according to wiki

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Anderson has four Premier League medals and one Champions League medal, having already picked up two Portuguese league medals and one Portuguese cup medal before signing for United.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He's quite good, just not as good as Aguero or Haaland. Arsenal seemed to play their best football with him in the team.
Yeah he's decent but I mean the fact he won 4 out of 6 league titles and a bunch of cups by playing a bit-part role in an incredibly stacked team. He's overachieved in that respect.

I realise this isn't what you in the OP asked but feck da police.

Oranges038

Djimi Traore - one trophy was too many.

Juliano Belletti - World Cup, Champions Leagues, La Liga, Premier League, FA Cups.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I’ll take a ban for O’Shea because I can’t think of a more extreme example. If he didn’t play for us literally no United fan would be happy with signing him.

GMoore23

Phil Neville and the one we're not allowed to sat were the first two to spring to mind tbh.

Decent players, but won more than their talent.

Neville: 6PL titles, 3 FA cups, Champions league and 59 caps for England.
Phil was a good player. He was one of Evertons star players in a side which regularly finished in the top 6.
Ferguson didn't want him to leave but he wanted to be a regular starter so fair play to him for taking the move.

Eugenius

John O'Shea is a bit underrated. First choice RB during 08/09 and started CL final. Also decent spells as starting LB and CM at times. Ability wise probably better than a lot of the average defenders we've collected since SAF left.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Juliano Belletti? Much as I had a soft spot for him, this is a pretty crazy list of honours for 286 total appearances:

EDIT: Ah crap, missed out on @Oranges038 's earlier post

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The idea that Gary Neville was an average player is a bit mad.

He was the best right back in the league for years.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The fact that Choupo-Moting has won 5 major European league titles on the bounce is nuts.

Kag

There’s got to be a couple of fairly shite World Cup-winning Italians and Germans who swept up domestic titles in the 2000s.

Kag

Sami Khedira? Bit of a water carrier, albeit definitely not shite.

His CV is stacked.

Glorio

Anderson has four Premier League medals and one Champions League medal, having already picked up two Portuguese league medals and one Portuguese cup medal before signing for United.
I thought of him, but actually he was very good for a fair chunk of the time he was here till he basically just fell off the physical fitness wagon.

He was a brilliant up-and-coming star who didn't reach his potential but before he dropped off, he was a key part of the midfield trio of Carrick-Fletcher-Anderson which gave us complete control of a few games in Europe.

Not sure why Fergie blamed a kid essentially after Fletcher got injured and Barca ran rings around him in the final. That was the beginning of the end I think

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I thought of him, but actually he was very good for a fair chunk of the time he was here till he basically just fell off the physical fitness wagon.

He was a brilliant up-and-coming star who didn't reach his potential but before he dropped off, he was a key part of the midfield trio of Carrick-Fletcher-Anderson which gave us complete control of a few games in Europe.

Not sure why Fergie blamed a kid essentially after Fletcher got injured and Barca ran rings around him in the final. That was the beginning of the end I think
I loved him, particularly early on (even had his name on a shirt), but I think he basically dined out on a few great performances and a hope that he'd live up to the potential we thought he had when we signed him.

I can't remember a single aspect of his game that stood out other than enthusiasm.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
That’s some CV. I remember him being a bit shite.
He was a bit past it when he signed for us and mostly played out of position in midfield due to (I think) Essien going down for several months.

Still managed to score a few absolute worldies though.