Bad day. We'll be back.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What if they really did strip us from our titles on april the 1st, the scousers would be celebrating all day long untill they see the date is april fools. Ultimate troll.

Adebesi

I love being a United fan. A lot of us arent prone to knee-jerkism, and it was great to read everyone in this thread saying that it wasnt a foregone conclusion.

I bet my scouse mate twenty quid that we would still win the league after this (6-1) result and it looks like I'm gonna collect :)
Agreed, very sensible responses in there from posters at the time.

Sylar

I remember being at "that" game. The worst birthday ive ever had :lol: Standing in the North Stand (SAF stand ¬¬) and all you could do is laugh at what was happening but yes, it was just that, a very bad day. Other teams may have collapsed, but the menality of the squad, players and especially manager meant we learnt from this. I remember seeing us tighten up in the games after and we had a few 1-0's (and cleansheets) which was key in helping us turn this around.

Quite remarkable but not surprising.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
fecking dreadful match, but we've come good and we're likely to win the league for a 20th time.

Happy days!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'll take a 6 - 1 stuffing every season if we still win the league :D

mufcwarm92

I agree. As much as I hated that game and the horrendous, seemingly endless aftermath, it's almost a blessing in disguise. It built up their hopes to an insanely high level, they genuinely thought the league was theirs and it's a beautiful sight to watch them crash back down.

6-1 and you fecked it up!

Romaleouf

As confident as we are now, we have to be mindful that we have an eight point lead, and there are still eighteen to play for.

If the status quo remains till The Match, a draw will secure Number 20.

Along the way, there might still be nail biting, head smacking moments, but the mood and confidence of the team is good, and that is always good to be ahead rather than trying to catch up like we had to do against Chelsea the last time we were trailing them.

:devil:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
whats your guys score predictions for our next match with city?
Depends entirely on what happens between now and then. The 8 point lead is a 5 point lead if they win against us, they should be out of the running as we have the momentum and they are stuttering.

If we have a lead of 7+ points going into the game I think we'll win by at least two goals. If we have a lead of less than that it could be anything, they could win again.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
whats your guys score predictions for our next match with city?
Would love a 6-0 win against XI players. Realistically, any win will do. And an injury time winner by Welbeck isnt the worst option as well :devil:

I can see a draw though. 2-2.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"6-1 and it meant feck all" should echo around the council house.

No.8

Would love a 6-0 win against XI players. Realistically, any win will do. And an injury time winner by Welbeck isnt the worst option as well :devil:

I can see a draw though. 2-2.
This. A Owen'esque type 96th minute 4-3 winner form Danny boy would be lovely, and the icing on the cake. The jewel in the crown being securing the title on their turf.