Badly malfunctioning site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vasey20|13

Hey.

Since the early hours of Saturday/Sunday, the site has been really unresponsive. Hovering over 'Alerts' or my username brings up the loading thing in the top right hand corner for the best part of 10 seconds, and often clicking links takes ages to load and then when it does finish loading i'm taken to the home page.

Yesterday when i hovered over 'Alerts' it did the loading thing and after 10ish seconds i got the message 'Javascript Error'.

It's impossible to use the site on Firefox and only slightly better on Safari.

This only seems to happen when i'm logged in - when i'm not logged in it seems to work ok.

I've got up to date everything on my computer and internet, and cache etc is all clear, and all other sites/my computer/my connection are fine. Even other forums are fine.

Any advice?

Vasey20|13

Just tried to reply to Swaters16 and got the following message:

The following error occurred

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.
Definitely something wrong with the site, and it just started to randomly happen. I've gone from being able to read/reply with multiple threads open to it taking 30+ seconds to see my alerts, if it even works at all.

The Neviller

Doing the same for me on Google Chrome for android. Laggy and unresponsive. Everything else I browse is fine. Improves when I log out.

Vasey20|13

^ Happened a few times too.

This could just be me but it's slow to post/edit as well. Sometimes unresponsive.
Yep sometimes i click a link to a thread and the page comes up just blank white, stuff is taking ages to do and often it spends ages loading then doesn't happen at all.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
This is very strange Vasey, I'm not having any issues on mine either. I'll look into it. Can you take some screenshots and write some specific times down, I may be able to narrow down the problem by the error times you give.

Vasey20|13

Really clunky and laggy now. My internet connection is fine, and everything else is normal.
Yeh getting worse for me too.

The Javascript error message is pointing to the server, so it's something to do with the site unless there's something we both have on our computers that the site doesn't like, but i didn't change anything before the site became slow.

Sometimes even clicking the redcafe link from google takes an age to come up.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
As Firefox is the one it's not working on the most, can you type "about:config" in the address bar and then tell me the details for the below:

Search: datareporting.healthreport.nextDataSubmissionTime;

What is the number that follows it under "value"?

Search: accessibility.blockautorefresh;

Is the value set to true or false?

Obviously it's not a firefox problem, but I just want to see if these have been changed, it would indicate there is something seriously wrong if they were.

Hectic

Supports
30fps

The Javascript error message is pointing to the server, so it's something to do with the site unless there's something we both have on our computers that the site doesn't like, but i didn't change anything before the site became slow.

I very much doubt it's server side considering it's 2 out of thousands. Can you tell me the javascript error and time the errors please, it will give me valuable information to figure this out.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If it's not the keylogs it'll be the Gespitchulators.

The Neviller

I'm using an android phone (Samsung) and it's only a recent occurances. Few days or so.

I haven't changed any settings, have cleared my cache and cookies etc. Seems to happen when i'm logged in, but not when i'm browsing without logging in. I thought it was a google chrome issue as it wasn't happening with standard google, but it's happening there now too. This is the only site I have problems with, which is odd.

The Neviller

I'm not getting error messages, just slow performance, on this site only.

i'm now using a PC and not my android phone, and typing is causing screen lag where it takes about 20 seconds for letters i've typed to appear on screen.

Vasey20|13

Have you tried deleting your keylogs?
What's a key log and how would i do that?

As Firefox is the one it's not working on the most, can you type "about:config" in the address bar and then tell me the details for the below:

Search: datareporting.healthreport.nextDataSubmissionTime;

What is the number that follows it under "value"?

Search: accessibility.blockautorefresh;

Is the value set to true or false?

Obviously it's not a firefox problem, but I just want to see if these have been changed, it would indicate there is something seriously wrong if they were.
datareporting number value is 1374517842206.

accessibility says false.
I very much doubt it's server side considering it's 2 out of thousands. Can you tell me the javascript error and time the errors please, it will give me valuable information to figure this out.
The javascript error isn't coming up on my computer, it's coming up on the actual site. There's nothing to time, it happens randomly. Sometimes i'll click 'Alerts' and the little grey box at the top right of the website with the three loading bars comes up - sometimes it stays on for yonks, and then the error will come up. Sometimes it stays on and does nothing. Sometimes it shows the alerts drop down menu but only after a massive delay.

Sometimes i'll click 'Show All' under 'Alerts' and it'll take me to the 'What's New' page. Other times it'll take me to a blank white page.

It's just a collection of slow, random, sluggish malfunctions that don't have any set pattern. Once i'm on a page reading and typing is fine, but if i press 'post reply' it'll either take ages and then not work or take ages and then i'll have to refresh to see the actual post.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
It happens on mine too. From two PCs and an iPad. It has been happening for a few weeks now. Exactly the same symptoms as the other chaps are describing. It happens regardless if I use Chrome, Opera or Firefox.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Okay thanks Vasey. I'm starting to get an idea of what's going on. Let me test something.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Yeah never delete them all, leave at least one block of keys.

Vasey20|13

Go to settings, preferences, keylogs. Then delete them all but don't delete some of them.
You on a wind up?

First off i'm on a Mac, whether that makes a difference. Firefox doesn't have a settings option. Neither does a mac. And a 'key log' appears to be something entirely unconnected according to google, but thanks for your 'help'.

If you're not winding me up, please explain further.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Is this a pisstake? The site does wobble for me from time to time, but I presumed it was my computer. Otherwise it would happen to everyone at the same time?

NinjaFletch

One thing that I find really annoying is spoiler tags start 'open' and then close when the page loads.

So if their is a spoiler tag at the start of a page, whilst the page is loading then the spoiler is viewable.

The Neviller

Is this a pisstake? The site does wobble for me from time to time, but I presumed it was my computer. Otherwise it would happen to everyone at the same time?
I'm not taking the piss. I'm not sure about Solius though, he seems like he's being helpful.

It happens for me on an android phone on both wi-fi and mobile internet networks, and on a work PC linked to a different internet network, so my assumption is it isn't the device, it isn't the internet network, leaving only the site as the issue.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You on a wind up?

First off i'm on a Mac, whether that makes a difference. Firefox doesn't have a settings option. Neither does a mac. And a 'key log' appears to be something entirely unconnected according to google, but thanks for your 'help'.

If you're not winding me up, please explain further.
What are you talking about? On a Mac it should be under Tools. I think.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hey.

Since the early hours of Saturday/Sunday, the site has been really unresponsive. Hovering over 'Alerts' or my username brings up the loading thing in the top right hand corner for the best part of 10 seconds, and often clicking links takes ages to load and then when it does finish loading i'm taken to the home page.

Yesterday when i hovered over 'Alerts' it did the loading thing and after 10ish seconds i got the message 'Javascript Error'.

It's impossible to use the site on Firefox and only slightly better on Safari.

This only seems to happen when i'm logged in - when i'm not logged in it seems to work ok.

I've got up to date everything on my computer and internet, and cache etc is all clear, and all other sites/my computer/my connection are fine. Even other forums are fine.

Any advice?

I've been having issues with unresponsiveness as well. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Did I say keylogs? Sorry I meant Cachelogs. They should be in the tools option of your browser, Firefox right? Only delete some of them though.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK

The CAF only lags for me when I am logged in. My computer does not lag at any other time. I assume that my computer is incompatible with the 'logged in' script on the CAF or perhaps there is something wrong at the CAF end. It did not lag in the first week or so of the new CAF format.

The Neviller

What are you talking about? On a Mac it should be under Tools. I think.
Link me to a site which describes 'keylogs' please? Firefox's tools doesn't have a settings tab. There is no 'tools' on a mac as far as i can see.
Did I say keylogs? Sorry I meant Cachelogs. They should be in the tools option of your browser, Firefox right? Only delete some of them though.
:lol: For the love of feck.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haha yeh i clear my cache regularly, never seen a cachelog but i'm presuming it's the same thing.
No it's not the same thing, that's your problem. Have you deleted some of them but not all of them?

Vasey20|13

No it's not the same thing, that's your problem. Have you deleted some of them but not all of them?
No see i don't know what you're talking about. I would probably need a step by step guide.

On Firefox, under 'Tools', i have Web Search, Downloads, Add Ons, Set up Sync, Web Developer and Page info. Page info brings up a box with all Redcafe cookies in it, but i have no idea how to find a cachelog, there's no mention of it under anything on Firefox, unless it's called something else.

Vasey20|13

:lol: I'm fecking with you man.
Well the next time you try a joke it may be a funnier wind up if it's something completely implausible that you're claiming.

I guess i must look a right mug now for believing that something called a cache log exists. Hark at my ineptitude with forum javascript and the inner workings of a computer, what an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.