Bailly signing with Jay-Z / Roc Nation Sports

JoaquinJoaquin

Joining Lukaku in signing with Jay-Z's Roc Nation. Building on from Lukaku's bad form, lack of effort and weight issues, does anyone else think that this was a distraction for Lukaku and worry the same issue will occur with Bailly?

El Jefe

Joining Lukaku in signing with Jay-Z's Roc Nation. Building on from Lukaku's bad form, lack of effort and weight issues, does anyone else think that this was a distraction for Lukaku and worry the same issue will occur with Bailly?
What is the correlation between Lukaku's form and being signed to a sports management agency.

If anything its in their vested interests that he performs as well as possible. Clutching at straws linking these issues to one another IMO.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
What are the benefits of this? Why can't players just represent themselves?

Zlatattack

Because they're mostly thick, don't understand the legal terminology in contracts and don't have the time to do the research required to get the best contracts/job opportunities.

Mick321

Hopefully they are better with footballers than their shambolic venture in to the boxing world.

JoaquinJoaquin

What is the correlation between Lukaku's form and being signed to a sports management agency.

If anything its in their vested interests that he performs as well as possible. Clutching at straws linking these issues to one another IMO.
Well Lukaku's downfall pretty much started since he signed with Roc Nation in truth and he has been very active on social media hanging out with Jay-Z and co.

CA1

Bailly is a terrible player. Lets hope Jay Z can get him a move to the MLS so we don't have to watch him stumbling with the ball and having the concentration of a goldfish.

El Jefe

Well Lukaku's downfall pretty much started since he signed with Roc Nation in truth and he has been very active on social media hanging out with Jay-Z and co.
He's probably seen Jay-Z a couple of times. He's mainly been seen with fellow roc nation signees and mostly during his holiday. Part of the venture is to increase his profile outside of football which is why he's taken pictures with American footballers, rappers and other celebrities.

He signed with roc nation in March and was one of our only decent performers towards the end of the season. He also had a good world cup so again I'm not seeing it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why would this concern anyone?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If you knew the amount of brands players like Ronaldo signed outside football... It's really a normal thing and United is far from being a cloister.

diarm

I own a restaurant and I employ an accountant to handle my payroll and tax affairs and a solicitor to handle things like contracts and licences. This allows me to focus on actually running the restaurant rather than spending all my time focused on things I'm not qualified to do.

I'd imagine Lukaku looks at his earnings and figures he can easily afford to employ someone to take care of his financial affairs, leaving him more time to practice not scoring goals. Only joking - I'm a big Lukaku fan.

Red_Legion

This is like someone getting up to get a glass of water and going "OMG, we're gonna run out of water!" Taking two things and making the most nebulous of connections. Lukaku getting fat and lazy is on him and nothing to do with signing for a finance management agency. Even if we entertain the notion that this company will lead Bailly astray, a company involved in making sure it gets the best clients and doing the best for their interest is not gonna last long if the public sees them leading their clients astray and losing their place in the team. Clubs will soon actively deny their players from doing business with them pretty quickly if this was to happen.

Apokalips

This definitely has undertones of the whole "Memphis listens to too much rap" garbage that used to be spewed by some fans.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Bailly is a terrible player. Lets hope Jay Z can get him a move to the MLS so we don't have to watch him stumbling with the ball and having the concentration of a goldfish.
Weren't you the one banging about giving youth a chance bullshit on the other thread? 1 season of poor form you wanted him shipped out?

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Lukaku's got 99 problems but his goals ain't one.

Last edited:

Ekeke

No, Bailly is already in terrible form.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
It's about time job agencies started getting all the information off you and doing your job interview for you. Really earn their commission.

thegaffa

Supports
Chelsea
Must be some kind of Roc Nation curse going about