Balotelli signs for Liverpool - Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Would love him at Liverpool, would be great to see the controversy and their fans turn on him as he angles for a move away.

Lance Uppercut

"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," Rodgers said ahead of Liverpool's game against Manchester United in Miami.

"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him.

"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."

Hamadovich86

According to Di Marzio the deal could be done really soon as soon as today even. Would be an excellent buy for them and strengthen their squad. If Rodgers can get Balotelli to be consistent then it could be a game changer for them.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
"I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool," Rodgers said ahead of Liverpool's game against Manchester United in Miami.

"In my last press conference I was asked a question about Mario Balotelli and I talked about what a talent he was and what an excellent player he was and the next day it was wrote as if we were signing him.

"I just gave my perception of him as a player. It shouldn't be transmitted in to us signing the player."
Either he was keeping the story cold or at the time he had eyes for other strikers such as Cavani.

Rafateria

Cross Posted.

Nearly a 1:2 goal scoring record over the past 3 seasons (and 30 in 54 for Milan) is pretty damn decent. His non-existent work rate (or to be exact, team play) is a bit of a myth actually too (see video below) though I agree he doesn't suit our pressing style, not that Sturridge is much of a presser either.

Fact is if Studge gets injured (highly likely since he's rather susceptible to minor knocks that put him out of action for a game or two) then our only other resource is Lambert and whilst he is a good player to have on the bench to come on when in dire need or sub off Studge, I'd not want him leading our line with his lack of pace. We need another striker (and no way can we start the season without strengthening further, it's not worth taking the risk when you think of the income at risk if losing out on Top 4 and failing in the CL .... highly probable if we lose Studge) and we've obviously tried for a number of Europe's best already, but for one reason or another none have come off. Barrett however says Falcao remains our top target (one year loan with option to buy) but we are readying the Super Mario deal in case it doesn't come off.

If we have Balotelli for 2-3 years and he keeps up his 0.47 goals per match then we'll be laughing even with his occasional mad-cap antics and red cards (4 in 2.5 yrs).

1. Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC 6h
    Mario Balotelli currently earns £60,000 a week at AC Milan.
  2. Joseph Musker ‏@Musker_LFC 6h
    AC Milan want £16m, (€20m) for Mario Balotelli. Talks between the clubs have started. No bid yet, but Milan are willing to sell him.

Kag

I'm surprised Arsenal aren't all over this given the reported fee. They need a forward and this guy is guaranteed goals and more importantly, affordable. Again, he's a dickhead, but Wenger strikes me as a man that could harness that potential into something quite special.

Drifter

American
Wow. Thought that it was just a silly rumour.This will be a fantastic signing for them.

MoskvaRed

Just turned 24 and this would be his 4th club. He's becoming Anelka mark II. I can see the sense from Liverpool's perspective but, given how homesick he apparently was in Manchester, I can't see it being anything more than a short-term arrangement.

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
Mad or not if Liverpool sign him up today they'll be a far stronger outfit than they were this time yesterday. If he settles down a bit considering he's only 24 he could be a brilliant signing. Either way they'd probably let him get away with doing anything there anyways.

mark_a

He'll provide guaranteed goals & some Suarez-lite controversy. Win;Win for the scousers

Our rivals get stronger!

Lance Uppercut

He is a turd who causes problems at every club he joins. If he goes to Liverpool it won't bother me in the slightest.

Oggmonster

I can't really ever see him growing up myself, always think he'll be a bit of an idiot. Just who he is. He can be a good player on his day but when he's not up to it he's just a waste of time. I'd be glad if they signed him, seems to have problems wherever he goes and people play it off as "banter" or "hilarious" when most the time it ends badly for him.

Rafateria

He does take a lot of pens though, in the two years since he joined Milan 9 out of his 26 league goals have been penalties.
5 out of 21 goals in all matches (inc. Internationals) last season. Hardly a massive %.

Rafateria

@Milanello: Mediaset reports tha Milan and Liverpool have reached an agreement regarding the sale of Balotelli - allegedly around €22m.

Drifter

American
Think he will be a lot wiser this time round. No doubt the tabloids will be looking for any miniscule story to blow out of proportion.

LoiusVanGaal

depressing that our rivals sign so many players they need whilst we take ages to sign 3 players whilst we need players far more than any of them, it's like the club want to be left behind.

ottosec

Guy is a moron, but a very good player. Could be a very good signing for teh scousers.

LoiusVanGaal

if they get him they will definitely come top four, we can abandon any hopes of doing so ourselves right now even, unless we sign more defenders & midfielders before the window shuts, then we aren't even close to being able to challenge City, Chelsea, Arsenal & a Liverpool with Balotteli

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He is the only "top" class attacker they can really sign. Its a big gamble. Personally I hope he does sign for them. The amount of sulking and lack of team ethic in him can only be bad for Liverpool long term.

Zoo

Signing him doesn't guarantee them top 4. The signing is a risk, could understand if it was a loan. Even if he has calmed down a bit with the antics, on the pitch he can still be very lazy and frustrating.

LoiusVanGaal

Signing him doesn't guarantee them top 4. The signing is a risk, could understand if it was a loan. Even if he has calmed down a bit with the antics, on the pitch he can still be very lazy and frustrating.
he's exactly the kind of player they need...so they got him...

we needed several quality defenders/midfielders, so far we have signed 2 defenders & 1 midfielder, we aren't good enough to finish above a team like theirs with Balotelli added in.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's obviously a gamble, but one I'd probably take if I were in their position. They clearly need a top striker... who else can they get?

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Baffles me that some United fans are hoping this goes through. It would be a great signing for them, sadly.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Berlusconi has said that the "white smoke" regarding the sale of Balotelli is near. I was unsure of this when I first heard but now im eager to see it happen, his goalscoring record in Italy is much better than I thought, still questions over his workrate and attitude in games but feck it.. I'll embrace the madness that is Balotelli

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Debut against City in Monday...wowser!

The first potential flare up will come when Liverpool are awarded a pen: Gerrard or Mario?!?!

Rafateria

Debut against City in Monday...wowser!

The first potential flare up will come when Liverpool are awarded a pen: Gerrard or Mario?!?!
Nah. That will be the 2nd. The first scrap will be over who takes the free kicks at 30m out !

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Did he do well at Milan?

This signing wouldn't bother me at all. He's got ability but he's not inconsistent. Plus his attitude stinks.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
That escalated quickly...

Seriously though, how do these transfers move so fecking fast when we're not involved? Or is it just because we're not as close to them when it's other clubs? Though I've heard next to nothing about this move over the past few weeks.

Name Changed

weso26
He'd be a good signing for them. Not always reliable but when he is on form, he's practically unplayable. If Rogers uses him properly he will do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.