Barca history

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He's right. Bartomeu could be kicked out tomorrow, so to speak, by the "socis":

Along with Real Madrid, Athletic Bilbao and Osasuna, Barcelona is organised as a registered association. Unlike a limited company, it is not possible to purchase shares in the club, but only membership.[189]The members of Barcelona, called socis, form an assembly of delegates which is the highest governing body of the club.[190] As of 2016 the club has 140,000 socis
Yeah, I know... in no way is that something unique or rare though is it?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Hmm, it is. Not many Top Elite Clubs out there owned by the fans. Madrid can proudly say the same.
They’re owned by the majority nevertheless though...

What’s the actual difference between Madrid/Barcelona and pretty much every Portuguese club in that regard?

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yes, that's what I was getting at.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Madrid and Barcelona being 100% fan owned is just a technicality isn't it? Plenty of other clubs aren't 100% fan owned but the club works exactly the same way with the members having the same power within the club.

I understand the pride of having the fans owning the club and electing someone instead of having some middle aged millionaire who doesn't give two shits about the sport owning the club. But it's not really anything unique about Barcelona.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Yes, that's what I was getting at.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Madrid and Barcelona being 100% fan owned is just a technicality isn't it? Plenty of other clubs aren't 100% fan owned but the club works exactly the same way with the members having the same power within the club.

I understand the pride of having the fans owning the club and electing someone instead of having some middle aged millionaire who doesn't give two shits about the sport owning the club. But it's not really anything unique about Barcelona.
I'm not fully sure about Madrid, but Barça is 100% owned by the fans. The president has to be an actual soci and he's accountable for anything.

To say that Barça is not fully owned by the fans is like sayin' that democracy is just a technicality.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
I'm not fully sure about Madrid, but Barça is 100% owned by the fans. The president has to be an actual soci and he's accountable for anything.

To say that Barça is not fully owned by the fans is like sayin' that democracy is just a technicality.
What? They are fully owned by the fans, I didn't say they weren't.

It just has no implication in the slightest as far as I'm aware. Bayern technically isn't 100% fan owned but like you said, there's no difference at all in the power the members have within the club. They vote for the president just like Barcelona members do.

Last edited:

The Nani

I love this holier than thou attitude Barca fans still project despite the fact that they are consistently the world's worst about conning the referee and sold their souls for success in buying Suarez.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
That's a really lame excuse, I'd imagine the first thing that they'd have done (post-Franco) would've been stripping those medals, not in 2019 for rewriting history.
Thats your opinion. If the medals are not registered in the acts of the club, so lack oficiality, is difficult to track down of it. I am a barça fan and i didnt know about it till a few years ago when a friend, fan of real madrid told me to banter. Then, pictures shiwed what happened, It gained momentum till now. Nuñez that ruled from 78 till almost 2000 and gaspart that followed him were not politically involved and they came from the post franquust time where it was better dont touch certain things. Nothing its easy in politics and instituciobally speaking. And not knowing that is really what is very lame

And madridistas only push that agenda bc its suits you to point fingers

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Thought some of the things that were said about Barca here were harsh. But now they can feck off

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Why are they so bad away from home in CL?

You have tonight (o.k they could still get through).
3-0 in Rome
4-0 in PSG
3-0 in Turin
1-0 in Madrid (Atletico).

All since 2016.

Going further back they couldn't score at Stamford Bridge in 2012.
Bayern 4-0 Barca in 2013.
Also lost 1-0 at Atletico in 2014 aswell.

Never mind losing they hardly scoring in away legs despite their amazing forwards and it frequently costs them overall.

Edit: They pine for the return of Arsenal into the knock out rounds.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
This thread reeks of vitriol. A good place for "Still Salty 2009 and 2011 fans" to congregate and bitch about Barcelona, probable 2019 UCL winners, after knocking-out Liverpool, btw. Show some gratitude.
About that...

You might owe an apology to United supporters.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern is not completely supporter owned. The biggest club in Germany that is completely supporter owned is Schalke.
In terms of ownership that's true, but Bayern (as well as all other clubs that abide by 50+1) is still controlled by fans, as the supervisory board and the club president get voted in.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
You've certainly done a Cruyff turn on him since Tuesday night. He was better than Klopp before then. :wenger:
Not really; people never liked his 4-4-2 or his spineless attitude. Has "won" two Ligas because he inherited Lucho's Barça and Messi's goals-assists. Double meltdown in the UCL; has to go.

Last edited: