Barcelona and Xavi are being very disrespected by the media

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The way the media is talking about tomorrow's game vs Bayern is just way out of line. Barcelona is a club with long tradition and even though is going through a bad patch, it deserves more respect and less fanboyism by journalists. Yesterday I heard a pundit say it was "impossible for Barcelona to even get a draw at the Allianz" and how Europa League was a certain fate for them. Ok, I get Bayern are playing like a hammer and Barcelona like a clove, but football is a very unpredictable game and we have seen very strange results in the past. Nonetheless, Bayern have guaranteed the first position and Barcelona will play with tremendous motivation to qualify, not to mention there is another game involved and Benfica needs to win to go through.

Today I read Lewandowski has scored more goals than the whole Barcelona team or headlines like "the harsh reality" or how winning at the Allianz would be a "miracle". I get the data is not the best, but cannot you relax a little bit?

And also, that "Xavi effect" motto, how the "Xavi effect has vanished". I mean, I really would like to see how many coaches would have coped with losing Messi and Griezmann in one season, not to mention Ansu Fati and Agüero due to injuries. Also, he has been the coach just a few games, doesn't he deserve way more time to develop his idea? Xavi is the epitome of Tiki-Taka, and La Masia still providing phenomenal talent. So who is to say tomorrow's game won't be the first victory out of many?

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Media are sensationalist? This comes across very sensitive, the media are calling it based on how they've both been playing, nothing in it for me

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
It's not disrespectful, it's realistic.

I'd expect the same if United were playing Bayern tbh.

cyberman

You can’t judge teams on their clubs stature, only on their actual team and Bayern are facing an out of form mid table team from Spain

Gandalf

The current Barca team is a bad and unbalanced team with a very inexperienced coach going up against a team that is playing like a juggernaut so it is very hard to imagine Barca getting any sort of positive result. I would ignore the media though as they are dependent upon knee jerk, clickbait opinions to drive traffic these days. In September Arteta was a fraud and one game from the sack, a few weeks later Arsenal were back and Arteta was a coaching genius and today after a couple of defeats on the bounce he is going to be sacked before Christmas.

Nickelodeon

The way the media is talking about tomorrow's game vs Bayern is just way out of line. Barcelona is a club with long tradition and even though is going through a bad patch, it deserves more respect and less fanboyism by journalists. Yesterday I heard a pundit say it was "impossible for Barcelona to even get a draw at the Allianz" and how Europa League was a certain fate for them. Ok, I get Bayern are playing like a hammer and Barcelona like a clove, but football is a very unpredictable game and we have seen very strange results in the past. Nonetheless, Bayern have guaranteed the first position and Barcelona will play with tremendous motivation to qualify, not to mention there is another game involved and Benfica needs to win to go through.

Today I read Lewandowski has scored more goals than the whole Barcelona team or headlines like "the harsh reality" or how winning at the Allianz would be a "miracle". I get the data is not the best, but cannot you relax a little bit?

And also, that "Xavi effect" motto, how the "Xavi effect has vanished". I mean, I really would like to see how many coaches would have coped with losing Messi and Griezmann in one season, not to mention Ansu Fati and Agüero due to injuries. Also, he has been the coach just a few games, doesn't he deserve way more time to develop his idea? Xavi is the epitome of Tiki-Taka, and La Masia still providing phenomenal talent. So who is to say tomorrow's game won't be the first victory out of many?
Are you sure you're a Madrid supporter? Even blinkered Barca fans would agree with the above assessment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like you just wanted a thread to talk about how bad Barca are. I see your game.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hope Barca beat them. But if you think that coverage is worse, be glad that you don't read German media. If there's one group of people that is even more convinced that Bayern is the center of the universe than Bayern themselves, it's German sports journalists.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

I'm thinking you're just taking the opportunity to hammer it home and say everything you want to say about Barcelona, in the guise of caring. :D

Edit: right, what @WeePat said.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Football is all about the now. Not last season or the last decade ! The fans can live in the past and talk about titles and cups but game day is bout form and Barcelona are not in form right now.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
They're bobbins mate.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair on paper they are not far from a bonafide Europa League team.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Hope Barca beat them.
Shocker :D

We've actually looked rather slow and uncoordinated recently, ever since the Kimmich fiasco. I wouldn't be too surprised if Barca get a decent or even good result.

SungSam7

The media are the biggest bandwagon passengers you will ever come across. They love being part of the journey when a team is winning but will jump off to throw dirt when the future looks bleak.

Only have to look at Leicester City... all a fairytale, nothing could go wrong when they won the title, as soon as they had a bad run of games, they couldnt wait to throw Ranieri to the wolves.

Flexdegea

Not sure if serious?

Who cares, they are absolute "banter" at the moment Barcelona. No sympathy either for the money they've absolutely wasted.

They brought all this on themselves

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You're right. People should be more respectful of Barcelona and talk not about their current situation and issues. Let's talk about one of the following instead;

- The smear campaign they've launched against their critics.
- Their dodgy financial management.
- Their dodgy financial stranglehold along with Real against other clubs in La Liga.
- Players who have bent the rules (cheated) and screwed over various opponents, especially during the Pep era when you had the likes of Busquets falling over for no reason and their defenders smashing the shit out of anything that moves, before hounding the referee waving their hands in the air like the Nou Camp was on fire.
- Their incessant idolising of their club and their overly dramatic response to anything remotely negative directed towards them.

Not sure which one we want to start with...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You're right. People should be more respectful of Barcelona and talk not about their current situation and issues. Let's talk about one of the following instead;

- The smear campaign they've launched against their critics.
- Their dodgy financial management.
- Their dodgy financial stranglehold along with Real against other clubs in La Liga.
- Players who have bent the rules (cheated) and screwed over various opponents, especially during the Pep era when you had the likes of Busquets falling over for no reason and their defenders smashing the shit out of anything that moves, before hounding the referee waving their hands in the air like the Nou Camp was on fire.
- Their incessant idolising of their club and their overly dramatic response to anything remotely negative directed towards them.

Not sure which one we want to start with...
The smear campaign Nobita launched against their players. Let's start from there

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It does feel a bit strange that a Real fan would be retend to be an overly romanticising Barca fan. Like Fred West calling Rosemary a monster.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The smear campaign Nobita launched against their players. Let's start from there
Cool! So did the smear campaign start before or after he started getting called Nobita? We need to follow the breadcrumbs.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
The magic juice dried up and that growth hormone guzzling midget fecked off and there goes their tradition.

Jaeger

Supports
Real Madrid
Tbh, what would be disrespectful to Barca is Bayern not going all in and scoring less than 8 goals this time.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I was wondering how long until the Xavi Sack watch thread would be made

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Shockingly disrespectful.
Maybe we should compile a list of links and facts so @GatoLoco knows which sordid parts of the internet to avoid.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Don't they need to win if Benfica win?

Draw is possible but winning away in Munich is a very tough ask these days. Think I read game is BCD now so that makes it a bit easier for Barca at least. Will be strange seeing them in europa anyway considering how last 20 years have gone.

lex talionis

I'm not sure how bad Barcelona really are right now, but what is certain is that if this Bayern side are of the mind to destroy Barcelona they can easily do so and send Barcelona to the Europa League, a place United has become all too familiar with in recent seasons.