Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I think the main issue with signing all these old players is that Barcelona's young players are really young. Many will still be young when Lewandowski leaves in 3 seasons or w/e.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
you lost 600m+ in 19/20 and 20/21 and you are at least 100m+ in the red for 21/22 and this might rise by another 50-100m depending on how things go. I have no idea why Barca fans are happy to gamble with the future of their club. You finished comfortably top4 and instead of making a radical cut trusting the youth for another 1-2 seasons to consolidate your finances, you already increase spending when you are nowhere near where you need to get. Free agents are not cheap and players don't just give up money to play for any club. Your wage bill reduction comes from letting go Messi, Griezmann, Suarez and Cou and deferrals. Thats at best half the way.
Barcelona did not lose €600M in those 2 seasons, last year Laporta increased losses by 250M to have to guarantee less. Even LaLiga and Tebas denounced the accounts.

About 160M correspond to devaluation of players and 90M for provisioning of pending trials.

Losses are expected this year, but it's normal. You can't change so many contracts in such a short time

Barcelona must make a competitive team but go down the salary bill and debt little by little
If you sell the good players and don't sign anyone you run the risk of not enter the top4.

You sell fewer tickets, you see fewer people in the matches, you get paid less by sponsors, you earn less money in competitions and friendlies and etc.

It has to be done gradually, not all at once.

bosskeano

Barcelona sell FDJ to United
Munich sell Lewandowski to Barcelona
Puke sell Mane to Munich
Benfica sell Nunez to Puke

summer ball is now rolling

croadyman

Barcelona sell FDJ to United
Munich sell Lewandowski to Barcelona
Puke sell Mane to Munich
Benfica sell Nunez to Puke

summer ball is now rolling
Bottom two will definitely happen, however still not convinced about the top two deals yet

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Barca are still buying some old and potentially shite players...questionable things going on there. I feel like United and Barca quite similar at the minute.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barca are still buying some old and potentially shite players...questionable things going on there. I feel like United and Barca quite similar at the minute.
Barca has had 4 out of the 5 best players in football history. Cruiff, Maradona, Ronaldo and Messi. No other club comes even close.
Our financial situation is dire, but even then players like Lewandovsky wanna come.
We need to invest a bit to get outselves out of this situation.

Son

Lewa has arguably been the best player on the planet if you take an average over the past 3-5 years and it was only 12 months ago he was breaking all sorts of records in a pretty average Bayern side for their standards.

He would start for any club side in the world. They are doing a great deal if they can get him and he stays fit for a couple of years. His wages will be worth the goals he will easily bring.

He’s still an absolute beast of a player even mid 30’s expect that to continue for a time yet.

We need an rvn

Barca has had 4 out of the 5 best players in football history. Cruiff, Maradona, Ronaldo and Messi. No other club comes even close.
Our financial situation is dire, but even then players like Lewandovsky wanna come.
Bit confused what this has got to do about the current situation of both clubs? Plus you only had Ronaldo and Maradona for 30-odd appearances each, not exactly club legends and United have had Charton, Best and Ronaldo...:D

Getting back on track though, Lew would be a very good signing for you. Though I'm just really confused as to how you can fund the salary he will expect when reports are that you are still way off being able to afford what you're signing

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm sure other clubs will come close if we stretch the definition of "5 best players in football history" to just be "famous players who played at my club", which is what you did here.

prateik

There were reports last summer that they had asked a lot of their senior players to defer their wages or lower them in return for getting a bigger bonus later on..

The players didn't give up on the money for no reason..

cyberman

The De Jong transfer won’t even cover Piques wages and there more than 20 other players needing paid as well.
Absolute madness

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Wouldnt you think he has enough money and would do the decent thing for a club that has given him so much.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The pique thing is fecking hilarious but also highly ridiculous that someone could run a club that badly. Madness.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Munich isn't going to buy Mane until they offload Lewandowski...Nunez seems to be partially funded by the Mane sale
Bayern might lose Gnabry next season, so I wouldn’t rule out that they are buying Mané even if Barca doesn’t buy Lewandowski.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Lewa has arguably been the best player on the planet if you take an average over the past 3-5 years and it was only 12 months ago he was breaking all sorts of records in a pretty average Bayern side for their standards.

He would start for any club side in the world. They are doing a great deal if they can get him and he stays fit for a couple of years. His wages will be worth the goals he will easily bring.

He’s still an absolute beast of a player even mid 30’s expect that to continue for a time yet.
I agree?

Madridista2000

Supports
Real Madrid
How the hell did they manage to get to such a bad economic level.

Makes me appreciate papa Floro even more.

SungSam7

Explain how investing in Lewandowski is a smart move for a club who are wrecked financially?? Investing in young players for the future is smart business.. You would fit right in with the board in Barcelona with that logic.

prateik

So apparently they want Pique to retire so they can write off the payment instead of it counting towards their wages/expenses.. or some nonsense..

The way they have been treating their players is terrible..

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Explain how investing in Lewandowski is a smart move for a club who are wrecked financially?? Investing in young players for the future is smart business.. You would fit right in with the board in Barcelona with that logic.
Which young players are you referring to? Tchouameni, Bellingham, Wirtz? Young players are very expensive and Barcelona cannot afford them right now, and there are already many young players in the squad.

Barcelona signed P. Torre (19) and may sign Alberto Moleiro (18).

So apparently they want Pique to retire so they can write off the payment instead of it counting towards their wages/expenses.. or some nonsense..

The way they have been treating their players is terrible..
Barcelona and Xavi have told Pique to look for a team for next season. He leads a very messy life in every way, unbecoming of a football professional. Here comes news of his night parties, of his diet of shame, he himself has said that he only sleeps a few hours a day, he goes surfing while injured, he disobeys the coaches and goes to the US in the middle of the week when the coach forbade him, he rides an electric bike like a madman when it is forbidden, he is stopped by 2 policemen and he insults them... Do I need to keep telling more?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Which young players are you referring to? Tchouameni, Bellingham, Wirtz? Young players are very expensive and Barcelona cannot afford them right now, and there are already many young players in the squad.

Barcelona and Xavi have told Pique to look for a team for next season. He leads a very messy life in every way, unbecoming of a football professional. Here comes news of his night parties, of his diet of shame, he himself has said that he only sleeps a few hours a day, he goes surfing while injured, he disobeys the coaches and goes to the US in the middle of the week when the coach forbade him, he rides an electric bike like a madman when it is forbidden, he is stopped by 2 policemen and he insults them... Do I need to keep telling more?
He plays Mario Kart with Dembélé until morning. :lol:

BarstoolProphet

Yes please, would like to hear some more, the first chapter you posted is a great tease.

prateik

There are these stories about most footballers.. Pique hasnt started doing this now.
The only reason it is being played out in the media is because they want to force him out..

I hope he digs his heels in and stays.

JPRouve

Scout
There are these stories about most footballers.. Pique hasnt started doing this now.
The only reason it is being played out in the media is because they want to force him out..

Definitely. That's why I tend to defend particular players when people start to pile on, papers are terrible with this, they isolate players when it suits them and I suspect that it's often at the request of clubs. This is typically true for players being a few minutes, seconds late, there is a reason why dressing rooms routinely have fines systems.

AB_89

Barca have plenty of form for this in recent seasons with Griezmann and Dembele.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Of course he has been doing that for quite some time, but while he performed at a good level he was forgiven, now he is no longer and there is also the economic issue.

This is life, each party does what is best for each one.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Hoping we give Barca a take it or leave it offer for FdJ which is below £60m. They’d be stupid to not take it. Will also be hilarious if they don’t and they financially implode.

JPRouve

Scout
I wish it was just that...
I know but I find it amusing that to this day people have labeled Dembélé as a gamer forgetting or ignoring that the story came with Piqué and other players involvment. The same happened to Arthur but in that case it was clubbing.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
They're at serious risk of a financial death spiral, all they look at is short term measure to keep the lights on.

Which will curtail future revenue quite significantly crippling them for years. If the general economy tanks and their sponsorship etc...

Any normal business world go in to administration in their circumstances I think.