Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Barcelona and Xavi have told Pique to look for a team for next season. He leads a very messy life in every way, unbecoming of a football professional. Here comes news of his night parties, of his diet of shame, he himself has said that he only sleeps a few hours a day, he goes surfing while injured, he disobeys the coaches and goes to the US in the middle of the week when the coach forbade him, he rides an electric bike like a madman when it is forbidden, he is stopped by 2 policemen and he insults them... Do I need to keep telling more?
Free-spirited man. If we all could be so lucky to express ourselves.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
There are these stories about most footballers.. Pique hasnt started doing this now.
The only reason it is being played out in the media is because they want to force him out..

I hope he digs his heels in and stays.
Nail on head.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Which young players are you referring to? Tchouameni, Bellingham, Wirtz? Young players are very expensive and Barcelona cannot afford them right now, and there are already many young players in the squad.

Barcelona signed P. Torre (19) and may sign Alberto Moleiro (18).

Barcelona and Xavi have told Pique to look for a team for next season. He leads a very messy life in every way, unbecoming of a football professional. Here comes news of his night parties, of his diet of shame, he himself has said that he only sleeps a few hours a day, he goes surfing while injured, he disobeys the coaches and goes to the US in the middle of the week when the coach forbade him, he rides an electric bike like a madman when it is forbidden, he is stopped by 2 policemen and he insults them... Do I need to keep telling more?
Well, they may have told him to leave but you still owe him a reported €80m so good luck with trying to write that one off. Only so many times you can play dodgy accounting to move money about.

SungSam7

Which young players are you referring to? Tchouameni, Bellingham, Wirtz? Young players are very expensive and Barcelona cannot afford them right now, and there are already many young players in the squad.

Barcelona signed P. Torre (19) and may sign Alberto Moleiro (18).

Paying a high salary to an aging striker who is a risk to take on where a club cant be taking such risks is bad buisness. Yes if he pays off but realistically, he will want a good day, 2-3 years at least. Barcelona cant afford to have a player past his sell by date on the books if it goes the wrong way for them.

Funny that you mention such players, but it wasn't long ago that Barcelona fans and players were obnoxiously bragging about La Masia, did it fold or something? Were is this elite youth system gone the past 5-8 years?? Seems to be the last decent thing to come out of it was Messi and Thiago not all that good lately if you ask me.

GinobiliTheGOAT

Paying a high salary to an aging striker who is a risk to take on where a club cant be taking such risks is bad buisness. Yes if he pays off but realistically, he will want a good day, 2-3 years at least. Barcelona cant afford to have a player past his sell by date on the books if it goes the wrong way for them.

Funny that you mention such players, but it wasn't long ago that Barcelona fans and players were obnoxiously bragging about La Masia, did it fold or something? Were is this elite youth system gone the past 5-8 years?? Seems to be the last decent thing to come out of it was Messi and Thiago not all that good lately if you ask me.
Is this a joke? Pedri, Gavi, Nico are all fantastic La Masia players. Imagine not rating Pedri, one of the best young midfielders in the world :houllier:

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Hoping we give Barca a take it or leave it offer for FdJ which is below £60m. They’d be stupid to not take it. Will also be hilarious if they don’t and they financially implode.
We should make it painful, they overpaid, they likely can't sustain his salary with everyone else's. They can keep him otherwise, we'll buy him in a few years when they have to sell.

We can't pay PSG money anymore, we need to pay Liverpool levels. We've not shown we can spend above that successfully without SAF.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Wouldnt you think he has enough money and would do the decent thing for a club that has given him so much.
:lol::houllier:
Yeah like it's his fault. Why don't the tax payers float the bill, Barca has given them so much!

Or maybe don't destroy your club with poisonous contacts trying to outspend the Oil Daddy clubs?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I know but I find it amusing that to this day people have labeled Dembélé as a gamer forgetting or ignoring that the story came with Piqué and other players involvment. The same happened to Arthur but in that case it was clubbing.
When news comes out they should be taken with caution, the case of Dembele is said to have come from poor diet and lack of rest.
I don't know if this is true, the only thing that is true were the times he was late for training.

To me particularly and since he signed I have never liked him because of the bad decision making in the field. And after 5 years he has barely improved.

Arthur had a bad life off the pitch, Barcelona were already tired of him. A player of his quality and so young Barcelona does not sell him if it is not for attitude problems. At Juventus he didn't perform well.

Having just eaten a crackling and mustard sandwich I can empathise with this.
Freixa( candidate for the presidency of Barcelona) accuses Piqué of eating a bad diet.

Now, they have had a new chapter in their contest. Toni Freixá said that the diet of some player was not the right one, and although he did not name anyone, it was assumed that it was Piqué: "Entrecote with chips, fried egg, beer to drink and a crepe with Nutella. Can you imagine a professional footballer eating that? I'm saying one, uh, not generalizing."

Pique did not remain silent, and his answer was more than forceful: "You have made a mistake with the entrecote... it was sausage. Otherwise, everything OK. And now I will do a gin and tonic to your health. Now you can delete the tweets, scoundrel."

I am in favour of paying the amounts spoken for lewandowski.
He is not just any striker, he is a player chosen by FIFA the best in the world the last 2 years and who is in a great moment of form.

Barcelona must lower the wage bill little by little, so as not to weaken the team too much. This would indeed be a mistake. The worse the team, the less income in all economic areas.

What people say about La Masía is neither going nor coming to me. It is not logical to think that Barcelona is going to bring out a Messi, a Xavi, an Iniesta, a Puyol every year.

In any case, Barcelona has Gavi, Ansu Fati, Nico and other players who mistakenly left like Cucurella.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
How the hell did they manage to get to such a bad economic level.
Makes me appreciate papa Floro even more.
This is the advantage of being run by an intelligent "dictator" ... A "dictator" does what makes sense to him even if those around him are suggesting otherwise. In our case we are lucky that Papa Flo is both a "dictator" and business-savvy. He has basically ignored fans for the last 3-4 years and focused on making long term investments that may not pay-off early, instead of shiny new toys: stadium infrastructure, investment in kids, selling off popular players who may not have a place in the team, etc.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol::houllier:
Yeah like it's his fault. Why don't the tax payers float the bill, Barca has given them so much!

Or maybe don't destroy your club with poisonous contacts trying to outspend the Oil Daddy clubs?
It has nothing to do with Oil clubs and people really need stop with putting them in everything. Barcelona's dealings have to do with wanting to outdo Real Madrid and presidential candidates trying to outdo each others.

JPRouve

Scout
When news comes out they should be taken with caution, the case of Dembele is said to have come from poor diet and lack of rest.
I don't know if this is true, the only thing that is true were the times he was late for training.
According to Aspetar, it's the type of training sessions that caused his injuries not diet or lack of rest. Interestingly his injuries are not dissimilar to Alba's who didn't get much bad press and is also an explosive player.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
It has nothing to do with Oil clubs and people really need stop with putting them in everything. Barcelona's dealings have to do with wanting to outdo Real Madrid and presidential candidates trying to outdo each others.
That's fair. Real are the one club that can spend that kind of money from their own coffers.

Woodzy

I'd agree for the most part but their desperation to keep hold of Messi in his last few seasons there when he was getting itchy feet, probably crippled them financially. The one season in particular when he wanted to join City and they forced him to stay could have saved them loads. The oil clubs would have taken Messi years ago if Barca (rightly or wrongly) didn't want to keep their star man.

Anyway, I feel like Barca at this point just need to accept their situation and press the reset button. They are obviosuly desperately trying to cling on to being a club that competes while trying to battle the debt at the same time and the two won't work hand in hand. Obviously, a club that can no longer compete and have no huge financial backing either are probably going to struggle to get back to the top which is probably why they are operating in the most bizarre way in the transfer market currently.

JPRouve

Scout
I'd agree for the most part but their desperation to keep hold of Messi in his last few seasons there when he was getting itchy feet, probably crippled them financially. The one season in particular when he wanted to join City and they forced him to stay could have saved them loads. The oil clubs would have taken Messi years ago if Barca (rightly or wrongly) didn't want to keep their star man.

Anyway, I feel like Barca at this point just need to accept their situation and press the reset button. They are obviosuly desperately trying to cling on to being a club that competes while trying to battle the debt at the same time and the two won't work hand in hand. Obviously, a club that can no longer compete and have no huge financial backing either are probably going to struggle to get back to the top which is probably why they are operating in the most bizarre way in the transfer market currently.
But again this has to do with Real Madrid and a presidential candidate not wanting to have on his resume that he let Messi go. Barcelona, Real Madrid and in fact none of the actual top clubs give a damn about Oil clubs, these clubs have enough money to get their targets and they have more appeal than the two oil clubs. People should take a serious look at the list of players that PSG, Chelsea or City have in reality only City upgraded, otherwise Chelsea do not have better players than the likes of Gullit or Zola that they used to have and the same applies to PSG who used to have part of the best french players, Brazil internationals like Rai(captain), Leonardo or Valdo but also the likes of Weah.

We make too much excuses for certain clubs and Barcelona are the last one people should make excuses for because they were in a similar situation 20 years ago. And coincidentally Laporta came to the club's rescue, once again. Barcelona are just a mess of a club.

caid

But again this has to do with Real Madrid and a presidential candidate not wanting to have on his resume that he let Messi go. Barcelona, Real Madrid and in fact none of the actual top clubs give a damn about Oil clubs, these clubs have enough money to get their targets and they have more appeal than the two oil clubs. People should take a serious look at the list of players that PSG, Chelsea or City have in reality only City upgraded, otherwise Chelsea do not have better players than the likes of Gullit or Zola that they used to have and the same applies to PSG who used to have part of the best french players, Brazil internationals like Rai(captain), Leonardo or Valdo but also the likes of Weah.

We make too much excuses for certain clubs and Barcelona are the last one people should make excuses for because they were in a similar situation 20 years ago. And coincidentally Laporta came to the club's rescue, once again. Barcelona are just a mess of a club.
Its funny, criminal mismanagement is what Bartomeu is known for instead. Didn't Laporta let Messi go in the end? Doubt it will stand against him.
It was very shortsighted, i mean you could probably find threads from a years and years ago questioning their management.

JPRouve

Scout
Its funny, criminal mismanagement is what Bartomeu is known for instead. Didn't Laporta let Messi go in the end? Doubt it will stand against him.
It was very shortsighted, i mean you could probably find threads from a years and years ago questioning their management.
Laporta is in a particular situation, he won anticipated elections that were held because Bartomeu's mismanagement and PR method were exposed. So the combination of the LFP FFP, Barcelona's known financial issues and the fact that everyones knows who is responsible means that what Laporta decision to not dig a deeper hole in order to keep Messi has seemingly been understood and accepted.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
in reality only City upgraded, otherwise Chelsea do not have better players than the likes of Gullit or Zola that they used to have and the same applies to PSG who used to have part of the best french players, Brazil internationals like Rai(captain), Leonardo or Valdo but also the likes of Weah.
You crazy for this one, JP.

JPRouve

Scout
You crazy for this one, JP.
I think people overrate the players that Chelsea or PSG have compared to what they used to have. And people mainly do that to give excuses to their own clubs current situations.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I think people overrate the players that Chelsea or PSG have compared to what they used to have. And people mainly do that to give excuses to their own clubs current situations.
They don't. Rai? Yeah, won a WC for Brazil but come on, he wasn't exactly Kaka. Weah and Leonardo left while in their primes. Ginola left

Chelsea same thing really, other than Zola the other big names they signed pre-Roman were at the end of their careers. Not only are they regularly signing better players these days, but those players tend to give them their prime years too

PSG wouldn't have had a prayer of signing Mbappé or Neymar before the Qataris, nor keeping Verratti as long as they did, or Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, etc...

JPRouve

Scout
They don't. Rai? Yeah, won a WC for Brazil but come on, he wasn't exactly Kaka. Weah and Leonardo left while in their primes. Ginola left

Chelsea same thing really, other than Zola the other big names they signed pre-Roman were at the end of their careers. Not only are they regularly signing better players these days, but those players tend to give them their prime years too

PSG wouldn't have had a prayer of signing Mbappé or Neymar before the Qataris, nor keeping Verratti as long as they did, or Ibrahimovic, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, etc...
The point isn't about PSG and Chelsea not benefitting from their recent owners because in the case of PSG can keep some of them longer. It's about PSG and Chelsea already having access to players of similar caliber than they currently do those players represent the majority of players signed by these two clubs and aren't the likes of prime Mbappé or Neymar.
In fact I'll go one step further since you rightfully brought up Weah and Leonardo's transfers to Milan, Barcelona are full of it if they pretend that their issues are linked to oil clubs because they were competing against the likes of Berlusconi and Moratti heavy sugar daddying which has disappeared during the past decade and these clubs would actually target a large amount of players that were of interest for the very best clubs while PSG is out there building a midfeld around Paredes, Danilo or Gueye, spending a fortune on a striker that no one serious want and in general the majority of their team would be on Barcelona or Real Madrid unwanted players list.

Son

Hoping we give Barca a take it or leave it offer for FdJ which is below £60m. They’d be stupid to not take it. Will also be hilarious if they don’t and they financially implode.
I’d rather not hold large clubs up with a gun to their head. What happens next time we want a Barcelona player and they don’t have to sell?

We pay a much higher price next time or they just sell to our rivals instead to spite us. You can get some great players long term keeping on good terms with clubs like Barca.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Barcelona are scummy bastards, putting out a smear campaign against one of their most loyal players, why would anyone want to sign for that piece of crap club I have no idea.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona are scummy bastards, putting out a smear campaign against one of their most loyal players, why would anyone want to sign for that piece of crap club I have no idea.
We just need money. That's it. A lot more players have been willing to play for Barcelona than most other clubs. Only Real Madrid is a similar lure. The Madrid rivalry as well as our playstyle after Cruyff are major factors. Also de City is great, with great weather just by the mediterranean sea.
I understand why De Jong doesn’t want to move to a club that despite being well financially and spending big every summer can't even qualify to the champions league and gets spanked by most other big clubs in the Premier League. Also changing the City of Barcelona for Manchester... Well you need a lot of money to convince someone to do that.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
We just need money. That's it. A lot more players have been willing to play for Barcelona than most other clubs. Only Real Madrid is a similar lure. The Madrid rivalry as well as our playstyle after Cruyff are major factors. Also de City is great, with great weather just by the mediterranean sea.
I understand why De Jong doesn’t want to move to a club that despite being well financially and spending big every summer can't even qualify to the champions league and gets spanked by most other big clubs in the Premier League. Also changing the City of Barcelona for Manchester... Well you need a lot of money to convince someone to do that.
Erm, are you trying to tell me United are shite and wasteful at the moment? No need to do that, most here including me already know that! :lol: It's just funny seeing Barca fans being unable to show any sort of self awareness.

And it's not like you pay pennies, the reason why you get and keep top class players is because you pay the most money, behind only Madrid and probably PSG, you think De Jong chose you over other clubs because of your history? No, it's because you paid the most (it was between you and PSG, and even they blinked first) its why you need money...

...the weather is just the bonus, but acting as if you're the greatest because your club just so happened to be started in a beautiful part of the world is different levels of stupid.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Erm, are you trying to tell me United are shite and wasteful at the moment? No need to do that, most here including me already know that! :lol: It's just funny seeing Barca fans being unable to show any sort of self awareness.

And it's not like you pay pennies, the reason why you get and keep top class players is because you pay the most money, behind only Madrid and probably PSG, you think De Jong chose you over other clubs because of your history? No, it's because you paid the most (it was between you and PSG, and even they blinked first) its why you need money...

...the weather is just the bonus, but acting as if you're the greatest because your club just so happened to be started in a beautiful part of the world is different levels of stupid.
Can United pay De Jong what we pay him? For sure, you pay Ronaldo way more. But to be able to spend over a 100 million every summer and still finish below Spurs and Arsenal. Well it's kind of easy to see why De Jong prefers to stay here in our bankrupted club than move to a club that has spend nearly as much as City but can't even make top 4. De Jong may tolerate living in Manchester if at least he was playing for City. But to move to an awful place to have even less probabilities to win a trophy than where you currently are. You really need to get paid way more. No Barca's player will move to United unless United pays way more.
At Barca you can hope finances will get better. At United it doesn't matter, you haven't won any important trophy in like 9 years anyway.

JPRouve

Scout
Can United pay De Jong what we pay him? For sure, you pay Ronaldo way more. But to be able to spend over a 100 million every summer and still finish below Spurs and Arsenal. Well it's kind of easy to see why De Jong prefers to stay here in our bankrupted club than move to a club that has spend nearly as much as City but can't even make top 4. De Jong may tolerate living in Manchester if at least he was playing for City. But to move to an awful place to have even less probabilities to win a trophy than where you currently are. You really need to get paid way more. No Barca's player will move to United unless United pays way more.
At Barca you can hope finances will get better. At United it doesn't matter, you haven't won any important trophy in like 9 years anyway.
So you are suggesting that Manchester is an awful place? Also why Barcelona pay players that much if they have such a competitive advantage, shouldn't they get a discount?

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Again with the United are crap spiel, yes, I've just agreed with you, we're currently going through a bad period, well done for noticing and I agree with you, fancy moving past that bit now?

Also, Manchester is far from an awful place, you're just coming across to be a little pig headed now, you're also lucky that you and Madrid have ruined Spanish football with your duopoly for so long (I say lucky in the sense your currently turmoil has no effect on your league position).

As I've already said, Barca are some of the biggest payers in football, we pay a huge sum of money to Ronaldo granted, but you gave a 21 year old De Jong €400k a week, so you're in no position to say United are inly attractive due to money.

You've won 10 more trophies than United in the last ten years, putting yourself on the edge of bankruptcy to do so whilst this has been one of the worst periods in Uniteds history, hardly crazy when you consider the strength of the teams in the Premier league compared to La Liga, the two domestic cups in Spain are pretty much between you and Madrid, whilst we have City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs at the top end.

Again, my initial point, one you've taken waaaaaay off topic due to your inability to criticise your club, was that they are a disgrace publicly dragging Pique through the mud, he should be hailed as one of your greats on the field alone, then he bailed you out by agreeing to defer money owed to him, and now that money is owed again, your club are being disgraceful - I admitted that United are crap at the moment, let's see if a Barca fan can have the self awareness to call a spade a spade too.

BerryBerryShrew

Again with the United are crap spiel, yes, I've just agreed with you, we're currently going through a bad period, well done for noticing and I agree with you, fancy moving past that bit now?

Also, Manchester is far from an awful place, you're just coming across to be a little pig headed now, you're also lucky that you and Madrid have ruined Spanish football with your duopoly for so long (I say lucky in the sense your currently turmoil has no effect on your league position).

As I've already said, Barca are some of the biggest payers in football, we pay a huge sum of money to Ronaldo granted, but you gave a 21 year old De Jong €400k a week, so you're in no position to say United are inly attractive due to money.

You've won 10 more trophies than United in the last ten years, putting yourself on the edge of bankruptcy to do so whilst this has been one of the worst periods in Uniteds history, hardly crazy when you consider the strength of the teams in the Premier league compared to La Liga, the two domestic cups in Spain are pretty much between you and Madrid, whilst we have City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs at the top end.

Again, my initial point, one you've taken waaaaaay off topic due to your inability to criticise your club, was that they are a disgrace publicly dragging Pique through the mud, he should be hailed as one of your greats on the field alone, then he bailed you out by agreeing to defer money owed to him, and now that money is owed again, your club are being disgraceful - I admitted that United are crap at the moment, let's see if a Barca fan can have the self awareness to call a spade a spade too.
Yep. When Woodward screwed over Evra by demanding a fee from Juve after promising Pat that he would be left leave on a free, United fans called it out as poor behaviour by the club. This is similar but worse by Barca.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
So you are suggesting that Manchester is an awful place? Also why Barcelona pay players that much if they have such a competitive advantage, shouldn't they get a discount?
The weather's terrible and the city is not very nice either compared to Barcelona. We are bankrupted because our previous president was a moron who gave players everything they wanted. Real Madrid are doing fine with a similar revenue because their president is much better. He even let Ronaldo and Ramos go when they wanted to get more than the club was willing to give them.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Yep. When Woodward screwed over Evra by demanding a fee from Juve after promising Pat that he would be left leave on a free, United fans called it out as poor behaviour by the club. This is similar but worse by Barca.
Exactly! I find it crazy that some fans of certain clubs have no room for critical thinking.

Look at the wall of text I just had to write for no reason in particular, but simply because a Barca fan couldn't agree that the club they support have acted poorly, I hate writing so much on my phone.

caid

The weather's terrible and the city is not very nice either compared to Barcelona. We are bankrupted because our previous president was a moron who gave players everything they wanted. Real Madrid are doing fine with a similar revenue because their president is much better. He even let Ronaldo and Ramos go when they wanted to get more than the club was willing to give them.
Your idiotic management goes back further than your previous president

JPRouve

Scout
Barcelona are run by morons whenever Laporta isn't around, it was the same story in 2003. Now regarding the cities would you say that Madrid, Paris or London are awful places? And why do you pay more for your players than clubs in these cities? Because again Barcelona paying too much and having financial troubles isn't a new thing.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona

Piqué is a disgrace by himself. He's charging way more than Van dijk at 35, and when we really need to reduce wages. He offered to step away in 2020 after Bayern destroyed us but he hasn't.
I wouldn't criticize you for finishing below Liverpool and City but even Arsenal and Spurs did better than you with much less money. My point is you are in no position to feel superior to us when not only you have done worse recently but also you have done worse while having the money to buy expensive players.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Barcelona are run by morons whenever Laporta isn't around, it was the same story in 2003. Now regarding the cities would you say that Madrid, Paris or London are awful places? And why do you pay more for your players than clubs in these cities? Because again Barcelona paying too much and having financial troubles isn't a new thing.
Madrid's nice. I love the city. A bit too hot in summer but other than that is a great place. London and Paris have really bad weather but nice historical sites.
Don't get me wrong, as Mexican I envy most european cities. But Barcelona and mediterranean cities in general are much nicer than northern ones. Specially because of that annoying rain you seem to have all the time over there.

caid

Madrid's nice. I love the city. A bit too hot in summer but other than that is a great place. London and Paris have really bad weather but nice historical sites.
Don't get me wrong, as Mexican I envy most european cities. But Barcelona and mediterranean cities in general are much nicer than northern ones. Specially because of that annoying rain you seem to have all the time over there.
I guess a mexican would have a different outlook on the weather :lol:
I'd have a pretty different view on it. I guess i'd rather live somewhere sunnier than ireland but the rain has its own set of advantages in a thousand ways. Or maybe its just the family and friends that make me love ireland and tolerate the weather.
I guess the math would be very different for a footballer to my or your outlook on it. The weather is probably a pretty big part of that but im not really convinced theres a bad place to live in western europe for anyone. Not with a city like Manchester anyway.