Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

plex

I get it that FC Barcelona has this special "aura", a rich history and let's be honest, a more beautiful city than Manchester. It's a nice holiday resort for millions of people. HOWEVER, for outsiders they appear currently as a joke of a club. They're begging the players to take pay cuts, but at the same time buy players to the amount of roughly 150M € - who obviously will not play for peanuts. If I were a professional football player, I'd prefer having a secure employer, which Barcelona seems not be for the time being.

romufc

Isnt it the first game of the season in La Liga this week?

Surely they'll have to register their new signings by Friday for them to be available this weekend?

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Isnt it the first game of the season in La Liga this week?

Surely they'll have to register their new signings by Friday for them to be available this weekend?
They will find a way. There is a zero percent chance that Lewandowski won't play.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
When I read that Barca had given themselves a €37m tax bill by trying to do "clever" accounting, I genuinely lol'd for about 3 minutes.

GloryHunter07

I get it that FC Barcelona has this special "aura", a rich history and let's be honest, a more beautiful city than Manchester. It's a nice holiday resort for millions of people. HOWEVER, for outsiders they appear currently as a joke of a club. They're begging the players to take pay cuts, but at the same time buy players to the amount of roughly 150M € - who obviously will not play for peanuts. If I were a professional football player, I'd prefer having a secure employer, which Barcelona seems not be for the time being.
I agree with this completely, its a bizzare way of doing business. Personally i would never choose to work for a company that didnt honour its contracts but in this case i suspect the greed of agents will speak loudest.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

With the 4th lever, barca only needs around €30m to register everyone. Pique already agreed to a new, very low contract and even reduced his bonus considerably and Busquets is also willing to help. With those 2 reducing their wages it should be more than enough to register everyone now. Both players are absolute club legends if the reports are true of course.
Can't wait for the new season to start!

edit:
he did nothing wrong? This is a joke right? Catalan media write that barca has some good offers for him, but he blocks them all. Not only wants he his letter of freedom, he also wants all his wages of the two remaining years upfront. So take all the remaining money, leave for free and get a big wage because of it at a new club. Get double payed so to speak. If that is not brazen, I don't know what is. Culers have the right to express their feelings towards his behaviour, because he lives on their money.

Last edited:

DutchCruijff

They don't even have that much of a rich history.

Prior to the 90s, they had 0 European Cups and Madrid had twice La Liga trophies.

It really turned around for them after 05 only. Even up to 05, they were a top club but not at the same level as prestige as Madrid, Milan, United, Bayern et al.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich

With the 4th lever, barca only needs around €30m to register everyone. Pique already agreed to a new, very low contract and even reduced his bonus considerably and Busquets is also willing to help. With those 2 reducing their wages it should be more than enough to register everyone now. Both players are absolute club legends if the reports are true of course.
Involving the Cirque du Soleil is definitely a fitting development.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
he did nothing wrong? This is a joke right? Catalan media write that barca has some good offers for him, but he blocks them all. Not only wants he his letter of freedom, he also wants all his wages of the two remaining years upfront. So take all the remaining money, leave for free and get a big wage because of it at a new club. Get double payed so to speak. If that is not brazen, I don't know what is. Culers have the right to express their feelings towards his behaviour, because he lives on their money.
Well of course he tries to negotiate the best possible result for himself. As the club tries to screw over the players, why shouldn't he try to negotiate as bold as the club does.

He isn't refusing to play, there are no reports that he is creating trouble in the dressing room or on any way violating his contract. There is no reason why he should accept a move to a club he doesn't want to go to, even if the financial package looks good.

Fans who don't accept a player wanting to either fulfill his contract or leave on conditions he likes are just disgusting.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
There is very little reason why anyone should believe these Catalan media stories. They are absolutely shameless propaganda.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

edit:

Someone has been swalling whole Laporta's propagande.

diarm

edit:

I don't know if I've ever seen anybody as hooked on the Kool Aid as this.

Skills

Snitch
What are they going to sell next season, when they want to buy another 200m worth of players?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
There is very little reason why anyone should believe these Catalan media stories. They are absolutely shameless propaganda.
But there is reason to believe every klick baiting report on slandering barca this summer, because it fits the narrative, right?
Even already proven slander media like COPE, who once defamed barca about a doping scandal and had to apologize publicly for it. And by the way, Braithwaite's agent manages also Frenkie and reports about Frenkie won't reduce even a dime on his contract came out coincidentally shortly after barca denied Braithwaite his "double payment". There is surely no agent agenda behind it, just pure coincidance.
Fans who don't accept a player wanting to either fulfill his contract or leave on conditions he likes are just disgusting.
That's an attitude I'll never understand. You pay your hard earned money for entertainment. So it's your right to express your feelings on people, who getting payed with your money to give entertainment. No one denying him his contract, but anyone expecting fans to clap for a player who doesn't give anything to the club, who only costs money without any product and has bold demands no other player has inside the squad, has a dellusional snowflake attitude.
By the way Umtiti didn't show up for the presentation. You know why? Because he knew what awaited him and he wanted to spend his time productively in searching for a new club. Braitwaite also knew what awaited him and he still chose to provoke the fans. I have no pity on such behaviour, especially for someone who earns more in a year than most of us in a life time. Your sympathy on such players is very strange.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
In what world has De Jong demanded one of these famous 'letters of freedom' let alone two years wages paid up front? :lol:

Talking out of your arse with straight up lies again, what a surprising turn of events. Could never have seen that coming.

peridigm

But there is reason to believe every klick baiting report on slandering barca this summer, because it fits the narrative, right?
Even already proven slander media like COPE, who once defamed barca about a doping scandal and had to apologize publicly for it. And by the way, Braithwaite's agent manages also Frenkie and reports about Frenkie won't reduce even a dime on his contract came out coincidentally shortly after barca denied Braithwaite his "double payment". There is surely no agent agenda behind it, just pure coincidance.

That's an attitude I'll never understand. You pay your hard earned money for entertainment. So it's your right to express your feelings on people, who getting payed with your money to give entertainment. No one denying him his contract, but anyone expecting fans to clap for a player who doesn't give anything to the club, who only costs money without any product and has bold demands no other player has inside the squad, has a dellusional snowflake attitude.
By the way Umtiti didn't show up for the presentation. You know why? Because he knew what awaited him and he wanted to spend his time productively in searching for a new club. Braitwaite also knew what awaited him and he still chose to provoke the fans. I have no pity on such behaviour, especially for someone who earns more in a year than most of us in a life time. Your sympathy on such players is very strange.
This sums up why your club are in the state they are in.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
No one denying him his contract, but anyone expecting fans to clap for a player who doesn't give anything to the club, who only costs money without any product and has bold demands no other player has inside the squad, has a dellusional snowflake attitude.
You should change the vocabulary. No one takes people who use that kind of language very seriously.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Right, as a fan in the end I pay for the players of my club and yes I agree that you of course can express your feelings towards them.

However I obviously expect different things from a player than you. I expect him to give his best on the pitch, both in games and in training sessions. That's about it. Does he lack quality? That's something a player can't be accused of, as long as he isn't responsible for this by his lifestyle when he just lacks talent.

Why should I boo him for that? I would (and have) express my feelings towards the management making stupid signings.

And why should I be angry if a player doesn't want to leave the club? I wouldn't want to either.

And in the end, a player isn't a fan. Why should he give anything to a club and sacrifice his career to go somewhere he doesn't like? Of course a player earns a stupid amount of money, but he still is a human being and has approximately only about 15 years of professional career and will try to get the best out of this short time.

Mobbing players until they leave like you try with Braithwaite is just embarrassing.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Martin Braithwaite is pretty successful off the pitch, he's invested in a bunch of business ventures. He, more than anyone in Barcelona FC, doesn't need the money. And he seemingly understands a thing or two about business. He does not, in fact, live off Barcelona fans' money.

This is the guy you are claiming is irrationally and idiotically taking an ultra-hard line on receiving all his salary from Barcelona FC even if it means rejecting "good offers." Why would we believe this?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Martin Braithwaite is pretty successful off the pitch, he's invested in a bunch of business ventures. He, more than anyone in Barcelona FC, doesn't need the money. And he seemingly understands a thing or two about business. He does not, in fact, live off Barcelona fans' money.

This is the guy you are claiming is irrationally and idiotically taking an ultra-hard line on receiving all his salary from Barcelona FC even if it means rejecting "good offers." Why would we believe this?
Maybe exactly because he doesn't need the money? He can afford to take a stand and hold Barca responsible for their stupid management?

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I find it hard to believe that Martin Braithwaite is rejecting a bunch of good offers. What good offers is he going to have? His salary is low by Barcelona standards but it's very high for the clubs in La Liga that might be interested in him. When he was at Leganes, his net salary was something like 1.4 million and that was the highest salary in the squad. He makes something like 4 million net now.

Who can pay that, the Premier League? He played for Boro in the Championship and didn't do a great job. He's 31 years old. He barely kicked a ball last season. He didn't even really score that much when he played for Leganés. Why would PL teams throw a bunch of money his way?

Some insane rumor was circling around, that a club in Saudi Arabia was offering to "triple" his wages. That would put his wages at 12m net, something like 16m, which according to Google would make him one of the highest paid players in the league. C'mon, this is nonsense.

Withnail

edit:

Yes after everything Barca have done Braithwaite's the bad guy in this sorry mess :lol:

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea

Your fans behavior and your clubs attitude to the situation is precisely the reason why no one respects you. You put yourselves into this situation. Not Laporta. Not Covid. You as an entire organization fecked up massively. You then expect everyone else to pick up the pieces and get you out of it and criminalize anyone who has the right to say no.

To elaborate further on my last point, you want all your players to reduce the terms of their contracts whilst signing countless new players. The logic is totally ludicrous. I can’t pay you that extra €100k Mr A but I have offered Mr B €200k per week. Do you not understand this is not how you run a business? This is how you fecked in the first time.

Your club is a joke and it’s lost a lot of respect from not just fans but clubs and many other parts of football. Your reputation is damaged massively and the way you have acted has exacerbated the situation. It’s going to take a long time to gain it back.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
You might prefer that, but most top players, barring British footballers will still pick Barcelona even now as we have seen. Barcelona will be fine in the end. Ultimately, when they start playing and winning, all of this will be forgotten.

Lecland07

Barcelona fans should put this in their CV as some companies would love to take advantage of them.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Barça fans on here are quite disgusting. Which is a pretty fair reflection of what they're like in real life, in fact. I doubt it's been a surprise for anyone, but it's nice that they've been shown for what they are, this summer.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Barça fans on here are quite disgusting. Which is a pretty fair reflection of what they're like in real life, in fact. I doubt it's been a surprise for anyone, but it's nice that they've been shown for what they are, this summer.
Wonder how long until they start resorting to tyre slitting, the sheer mental state of these guys in this thread... :lol:

PedroMendez

Acolyte
He was an "emergency purchase", that was only allowed due to an injury of Dembele (?) and Leganes was kind of fecked that it was allowed. Barca fans at the time obviously defended this. On the pitch he always gave 110%.

Also never forget, they voted for the big bag Bartomeu. Tough luck.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You couldn't make it up, could you?!
I mean how dare he to expect his club to honour the contract they both signed. What an asshole.
Barca fans who buy into this rhetoric disgust me.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
He was an "emergency purchase", that was only allowed due to an injury of Dembele (?) and Leganes was kind of fecked that it was allowed. Barca fans at the time obviously defended this. On the pitch he always gave 110%.

Also never forget, they voted for the big bag Bartomeu. Tough luck.
And this has been an issue with the socios. I've been following Barcelona ever since Johan Cruijff was with them and nothing ever changes. It's Cruijffismo vs Nunismo, the eternal fight for the soul of the club. Unfortunately, Nunistas control the media and older socios are very susceptible to their influencer as they do not look at the internet. The print media heavily influences them. It's the younger socios that have to step forward and make more of a noise.

Historically, Barcelona are a club that has underperformed by an extraordinary amount due to the above conundrum.