Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

romufc

Would be hilarious if he got dropped from the starting xi of the national team.
Really doubt this will happen. LVG only drops players from the national team if they are at United and not playing.

Ake before this season didnt play much for City and got in.

Yakuza_devils

So did FDJ take paycut? Or he just tell Laporta to feck off and sit on the bench to collect his fat wages? Either it seems weird for a player in his prime especially in world cup year. Hope he enjoys the bench.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
How is de jong liking the bench ?
It's true that he is behind Pedri and Gavi for now, but the next 2 months we have a brutal schedule. Exhaustion, poor form, injuries. Frenkie will get his minutes.
Against Pilzen, Xavi will rotate and Frenkie will start I believe.

croadyman

It's true that he is behind Pedri and Gavi for now, but the next 2 months we have a brutal schedule. Exhaustion, poor form, injuries. Frenkie will get his minutes.
Against Pilzen, Xavi will rotate and Frenkie will start I believe.
Maybe he wants more than just minutes but is biding time to get what he's rightfully owed

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Maybe he wants more than just minutes but is biding time to get what he's rightfully owed
For the 10th time, he is owed nothing, not a penny. He is being payed by the contract he and his agent agreed on.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
To be fair this emergency rule has helped a lot of division 3 Spanish clubs. Can’t blame one transaction for 20-odd players underperforming.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To be fair this emergency rule has helped a lot of division 3 Spanish clubs. Can’t blame one transaction for 20-odd players underperforming.
This emergency rule doesn't make sense at all. One club can sign player and the club that loses the player can't sign replacement. How does that even make sense.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
This emergency rule doesn't make sense at all. One club can sign player and the club that loses the player can't sign replacement. How does that even make sense.
Both clubs need to come to an agreement even if the buyout clause is met and the deal is scrutinized by the league management. So for example if Barca could meet Joao Felix’s release clause, Atletico could still reject it.
Leganes probably had huge funding issues and he wasn’t even that great. Selling him for 18m was the right thing to do. No way would anyone pay this much for him again. Leganes were relegated because of poor coaching throughout the season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Both clubs need to come to an agreement even if the buyout clause is met and the deal is scrutinized by the league management. So for example if Barca could meet Joao Felix’s release clause, Atletico could still reject it.
Leganes probably had huge funding issues and he wasn’t even that great. Selling him for 18m was the right thing to do. No way would anyone pay this much for him again. Leganes were relegated because of poor coaching throughout the season.
That's not how it was reported back then, IIRC.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Impressed by the league start so far if we look past the draw against Rayo Vallecano at the Camp Nou which was overall a very bad performance and an unacceptable result.

Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán and Anoeta are not easy away grounds to play at. Winning both of those games in a convincing fashion is a good sign. It is worth noticing that Xavi's Barça has better statistics away from home, going undefeated for 17 away games in a row by now.

However if the team and Xavi aspires to win La Liga this season, which should be the main goal, the home record needs to improve.
Camp Nou should return to being a fortress which it was for such a long time not that long ago.

Anyway the season has just started so it is too soon to make any conclusions. We will have to wait and see in which position the team will be after the brutal October schedule has ended. It will tell a lot about how our remaining season will look like IMO. One thing is for sure, barring any massive injury crisis, RM will have competition this season in the league unlike last year.

As for the last transfers, I like the fact that both Alonso and Bellerín signed 1-year long contracts. Even better, it looks like the mental midget, Alba, will be Xavi's third choice on the left back position which has been long overdue. Very encouraging to see that Xavi continues to trust Balde who looks really impressive for a 18 year old left back. I hope that we have struck gold with him after our previous useless board (Bartomeu and his scouting system) turned down Alphonso Davies. A new RB back should be the priority next year unless Koundé makes the RB his own this season. His game against Sevilla (2 assists) was impressive.

Moreover ter Stegen's (I used to call him ter Estatua for the past few seasons) form has been really good so far this season and is reminiscent of his best seasons for the club. I forgot how it is to have a solid goalkeeper playing for your team.

Lastly, according to local sources (Cadena SER), Barça will be able to terminate Lewandowski's contract for free in 2025, if he plays less than 55% of minutes in the 2024-25 season. Anyway Robert does not look like a player that is going to slow down anytime soon barring injuries.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
According to reports Pjanic will leave this week and play in a team from the Arab Emirates.
Barcelona have done a great clean-up of players this summer.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
For the 10th time, he is owed nothing, not a penny. He is being payed by the contract he and his agent agreed on.
I thought that was the whole issue? That the contract was unsustainable for Barcelona. So they're happy to fork out now?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
I thought that was the whole issue? That the contract was unsustainable for Barcelona. So they're happy to fork out now?
Unsustainable is the wrong word. Laporta's board simply don't want him to be the top earner in the squad. That should be Lewandowski of course, giving his status as two times Fifa Player of the Year winner. So barca is still not happy about his contract and they will try to sell him again in winter to bring in Bernardo Silva, who suits better to Xavi's ball anyways. But they pay him as everybody agreed on, so barca doesn't owe him legally anything. It's just a false narrative going on thanks to some "social media journalists".

By the way: The home kit is sold out everywhere in Barcelona. Fans have to wait up to 2 weeks now for a new delivery. The hype around barca is immense right now, every home match attendance around 80.000+, the museum had a new visitor record through out the summer. A huge difference to last season with 50-60k at best. Laporta's gamble is paying off for now, the money is flowing in. Now the team has to continue to perform, especially in the CL.

Last edited:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Doesn't the emergency rule also apply to the club losing a crucial player due to the emergency rule? Makes no sense to exclude that from the rule, if an injury to a crucial player is included.

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Doesn't the emergency rule also apply to the player losing a crucial player due to the emergency rule? Makes no sense to exclude that from the rule, if a injury to a crucial player is included.
This rule has already been eliminated and was nonsense and unfair.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This rule has already been eliminated and was nonsense and unfair.
Good to hear. I remember hearing about this rule when Barca signed Braithwaite and thinking it would be nice to have this rule in the PL, but I didn't realise Leganes were prevented from signing someone themselves.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Good to hear. I remember hearing about this rule when Barca signed Braithwaite and thinking it would be nice to have this rule in the PL, but I didn't realise Leganes were prevented from signing someone themselves.
Yes, very unfair. In addition the teams have squads of 25 players and team B. Enough to replace any injured players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yes, very unfair. In addition the teams have squads of 25 players and team B. Enough to replace any injured players.
True, injuries are part and parcel of the game. A player being injured isn't an emergency worth creating separate rules for, no matter how important the player is to the team.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Unsustainable is the wrong word. Laporta's board simply don't want him to be the top earner in the squad. That should be Lewandowski of course, giving his status as two times Fifa Player of the Year winner. So barca is still not happy about his contract and they will try to sell him again in winter to bring in Bernardo Silva, who suits better to Xavi's ball anyways. But they pay him as everybody agreed on, so barca doesn't owe him legally anything. It's just a false narrative going on thanks to some "social media journalists".

By the way: The home kit is sold out everywhere in Barcelona. Fans have to wait up to 2 weeks now for a new delivery. The hype around barca is immense right now, every home match attendance around 80.000+, the museum had a new visitor record through out the summer. A huge difference to last season with 50-60k at best. Laporta's gamble is paying off for now, the money is flowing in. Now the team has to continue to perform, especially in the CL.
I could swear that you have autocorrect active and whenever you start typing "Robert" it adds "two times Fifa Player of the Year winner".

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
"According to the information provided by RAC1 about Pjanic's new contract with Sharjah, the player will leave FC Barcelona with the letter of freedom.

Thus, Pjanic forgives the two years that remained of his contract for fulfilling Barça, and has not asked for any compensation to terminate his current relationship."

Barcelona gets rid of a high salary. Good cleaning of deadwood this year.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Excellent work by Alemany indeed. Good gesture by Pjanic too. Something that some of our “vacas sagradas” could learn from.

In other words Haaland is a cyborg. I cannot fathom how our useless previous board could have declined him back in 2020. Criminal stuff from a criminal board.

https://www.culemania.com/palco/inf...eriosamente-escandalo-fichaje_590146_102.html

Barring injuries, I can see him breaking most goalscoring records out there if he keeps going at this rate. Messi’s overall goalscoring career record so far might be in danger down the road.

25 CL goals in 20 games. Just turned 22 years.

I hope that he will join Barça once or if he leaves Man City. Pep and all the other Barça folks should help in this endeavour.

Haaland seems like a far more likeable guy than Mbappé too. Did people notice the standing ovation that Haaland received at the Camp Nou during the ALS charity game a few weeks ago and his reaction to that? It was very telling.

I cannot post links yet but write “La gran ovación que se llevó Haaland al ingresar al Camp Nou” to see the video of what I talked about.

From what I know he is really fond of Spain and there is hardly a better package than Barcelona anywhere in Europe in terms of absolute top clubs.

The living standard, climate, natural beauty, Barcelona as a city, your typical Mediterranean lifestyle, the Mediterranean Sea next door, the many exclusive cities and towns next to BCN such as Castelldefels, mountains, lakes, rivers and forests next door, Pyrenees and Andorra next door (skiing and mountaineering - he is a Norwegian after all), great local cuisine, nightlife etc. The complete package in other words.

By the time Haaland leaves City, if he does, the new Camp Nou will be ready (100.000 + capacity), Lewandowski will have left and the club will afford to pay him what he wants unlike this year. Hopefully no Tebas (madridista) around either to spoil the party.

Either that or this Endrick guy who could follow in the footsteps of Romário, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar etc. :drool:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Several interesting players in the Barcelona team of the youth league.
Ilias Akomach, Aleix Garrido and Chadi Riad may soon have a chance in the first team.

"At 15 years, one month and 22 days, Lamal is FC Barcelona's youngest debutant in the competition beating Ilaix Moriba."

The jewel of the Masia right now, to see how he evolves.

Pickle85

Excellent work by Alemany indeed. Good gesture by Pjanic too. Something that some of our “vacas sagradas” could learn from.

In other words Haaland is a cyborg. I cannot fathom how our useless previous board could have declined him back in 2020. Criminal stuff from a criminal board.

https://www.culemania.com/palco/inf...eriosamente-escandalo-fichaje_590146_102.html

Barring injuries, I can see him breaking most goalscoring records out there if he keeps going at this rate. Messi’s overall goalscoring career record so far might be in danger down the road.

25 CL goals in 20 games. Just turned 22 years.

I hope that he will join Barça once or if he leaves Man City. Pep and all the other Barça folks should help in this endeavour.

Haaland seems like a far more likeable guy than Mbappé too. Did people notice the standing ovation that Haaland received at the Camp Nou during the ALS charity game a few weeks ago and his reaction to that? It was very telling.

I cannot post links yet but write “La gran ovación que se llevó Haaland al ingresar al Camp Nou” to see the video of what I talked about.

From what I know he is really fond of Spain and there is hardly a better package than Barcelona anywhere in Europe in terms of absolute top clubs.

The living standard, climate, natural beauty, Barcelona as a city, your typical Mediterranean lifestyle, the Mediterranean Sea next door, the many exclusive cities and towns next to BCN such as Castelldefels, mountains, lakes, rivers and forests next door, Pyrenees and Andorra next door (skiing and mountaineering - he is a Norwegian after all), great local cuisine, nightlife etc. The complete package in other words.

By the time Haaland leaves City, if he does, the new Camp Nou will be ready (100.000 + capacity), Lewandowski will have left and the club will afford to pay him what he wants unlike this year. Hopefully no Tebas (madridista) around either to spoil the party.

Either that or this Endrick guy who could follow in the footsteps of Romário, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Neymar etc. :drool:
What do you mean by this?

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
"According to the information provided by RAC1 about Pjanic's new contract with Sharjah, the player will leave FC Barcelona with the letter of freedom.

Thus, Pjanic forgives the two years that remained of his contract for fulfilling Barça, and has not asked for any compensation to terminate his current relationship."

Barcelona gets rid of a high salary. Good cleaning of deadwood this year.
It's official now. Alemany did an amazing job this window, I'd say we had the best transfer window worldwide. We strengthened our squad considerably with €150m. Brought in 7 new players, some of them world class. Bartomeu managed to bring in one player for that amount who didn't even had a position in our system. Further, we sold/ended the contract with our "dead wood" players, who only blocked training spots for our youth players. Pjanic, Braithwaite, Umtiti, Puig, Mingueza, Neto, Lenglet.
The Aubameyang transfer was also a genious move in the end. Got him for free with a low salary the first year. He helped us reach top2 during the season's second half and we sold him half a year later for €22m (Alonso was worth €10m), before his salary increased. Now, we can even register Gavi and probably Araujo's new contract too with Pjanic's departure.

I don't know how many sports directors would have been able to perform like Alemany did this summer, especially in a very difficult financial situation. If Laporta did something right, it's bringing in this man. I hope he will stay with us for many years. I can imagine, many clubs will offer him a huge salary. His work didn't go unnoticed, I'm sure of it.

Last edited:

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
What do you mean by this?
It would require a long essay for me to explain what I mean in detail. Basically it can be reduced to the media protection and contradictory statements and actions by the old “sacred cows” in the shape of Piqué, Busquets and Alba.

For instance Piqué stopped taking football seriously (with all his other projects) ages ago (longstanding rumors of Pep wanting to bin him back in 2012 already), his attitude towards training, managers etc. What I mean is best exemplified by his comments in August 2020 after the historic loss against Bayern where he openly talked about him stepping down if that would be what the club wanted. Only for him to sign a new absurd 4 year long contract at the age of 33.5 a few months after all the while knowing that Bartomeu‘s days were numbered. All while pretending to be the biggest culé in the world and aspiring to become the future president. Add to that local media protection. It is such attitude that makes you dislike Piqué of today despite him being a club legend that has won everything for us several times, including 2 trebles. Similarly with Alba whose personality I never liked. He is a mental midget and one of the worst defenders that I have seen. In all of our European collapses you will find him making idiotic mistakes. Not to forget him crying at the halftime against Liverpool when we were leading 3-1 in the tie. Busquets is the least bad among them attitude wise but he has been a huge weakness for years in high-intensity games.

At the end of the day you can boil it down to an absolutely criminal and incompetent past board and president (Bartomeu). All the success of the past board is due to them inheriting a football machine on all fronts from Laporta. When the old guard was leaving and getting old everything started to collapse. At the end of the criminal‘s (Bartomeu) tenure in October 2020, the club was rotten to the core. What Laporta and Alemany has been doing since has been to clean up the giant mess and they have done an excellent job so far but this season will be the real test.

Pickle85

It's official now. Alemany did an amazing job this window, I'd say we had the best transfer window worldwide. We strengthened our squad considerably with €150m. Brought in 7 new players, some of them world class. Bartomeu managed to bring in one player for that amount who didn't even had a position in our system. Further, we sold/ended the contract with our "dead wood" players, who only blocked training spots for our youth players. Pjanic, Braithwaite, Umtiti, Puig, Mingueza, Neto, Lenglet.
The Aubameyang transfer was also a genious move in the end. Got him for free with a low salary the first year. He helped us reach top2 during the season's second half and we sold him half a year later for €22m (Alonso was worth €10m), before his salary increased. Now, we can even register Gavi and probably Araujo's new contract too with Pjanic's departure.

I don't know how many sports directors would have been able to perform like Alemany did this summer. If Laporta did something right, it's bringing in this man.
Please, please, please feck off to barça fora with this tone deaf nonsense.

Strootman's Finger

All I heard was that Barcelona have shit fans that support them when they are winning and abandon them when they aren't. Oh well, probably means they won't be too heartbroken when Barca go bankrupt because of Laporta spending like a drunken sailor.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager

I don't know how many sports directors would have been able to perform like Alemany did this summer, especially in a very difficult financial situation. If Laporta did something right, it's bringing in this man. I hope he will stay with us for many years. I can imagine, many clubs will offer him a huge salary. His work didn't go unnoticed, I'm sure of it.
Barca can go feck themselves. They used to pride themselves on being a great club. Now they are just a shit house.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
All I heard was that Barcelona have shit fans that support them when they are winning and abandon them when they aren't. Oh well, probably means they won't be too heartbroken when Barca go bankrupt because of Laporta spending like a drunken sailor.
Every club has this kind of Social Media "fans". And spending €150m of €700m income this summer to make a weak team competitive again in all competitions was the best move Laporta could have done. He revived barca, the hype in the city is huge right now. Shirts are sold out, the Camp Nou is nearly full again every match, no matter how weak the opponent is. The club will make much more money in this state than those €150m they spent this summer.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
It's just nice to see lessons were learned about unsustainable debt and not spending today with no concern for tomorrow.

Pickle85

It would require a long essay for me to explain what I mean in detail. Basically it can be reduced to the media protection and contradictory statements and actions by the old “sacred cows” in the shape of Piqué, Busquets and Alba.

For instance Piqué stopped taking football seriously (with all his other projects) ages ago (longstanding rumors of Pep wanting to bin him back in 2012 already), his attitude towards training, managers etc. What I mean is best exemplified by his comments in August 2020 after the historic loss against Bayern where he openly talked about him stepping down if that would be what the club wanted. Only for him to sign a new absurd 4 year long contract at the age of 33.5 a few months after all the while knowing that Bartomeu‘s days were numbered. All while pretending to be the biggest culé in the world and aspiring to become the future president. Add to that local media protection. It is such attitude that makes you dislike Piqué of today despite him being a club legend that has won everything for us several times, including 2 trebles. Similarly with Alba whose personality I never liked. He is a mental midget and one of the worst defenders that I have seen. In all of our European collapses you will find him making idiotic mistakes. Not to forget him crying at the halftime against Liverpool when we were leading 3-1 in the tie. Busquets is the least bad among them attitude wise but he has been a huge weakness for years in high-intensity games.

At the end of the day you can boil it down to an absolutely criminal and incompetent past board and president (Bartomeu). All the success of the past board is due to them inheriting a football machine on all fronts from Laporta. When the old guard was leaving and getting old everything started to collapse. At the end of the criminal‘s (Bartomeu) tenure in October 2020, the club was rotten to the core. What Laporta and Alemany has been doing since has been to clean up the giant mess and they have done an excellent job so far but this season will be the real test.
Thanks for the response. So do you essentially mean that Barcelona players with contracts should resign because barça are in trouble?

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Thanks for the response. So do you essentially mean that Barcelona players with contracts should resign because barça are in trouble?
Where did I write that exactly? Where does this idiotic myth of Barça not paying the salaries of players come from? That has never been the case. Deferrals (no longer the case) where mutually agreed to.

Read what I wrote about Piqué once again to realise what I meant with “vacas sagradas”.

Nice first half so far. Lewa is scoring for fun. 7 goals in 4.5 games so far.

Pickle85

Where did I write that exactly? Where does this idiotic myth of Barça not paying the salaries of players come from? That has never been the case. Deferrals (no longer the case) where mutually agreed to.

Read what I wrote about Piqué once again to realise what I meant with “vacas sagradas”.

Nice first half so far. Lewa is scoring for fun. 7 goals in 4.5 games so far.
Can you explain what you meant to me? It's just that when you talk about Pjnic walking away from a contract and say that some of your other players should learn from that, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think that you're implying they should willingly forego previously agreed contracts.

caid

Can you explain what you meant to me? It's just that when you talk about Pjnic walking away from a contract and say that some of your other players should learn from that, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think that you're implying they should willingly forego previously agreed contracts.
They've tried very hard to avoid paying players but have failed, so were not allowed criticise them for it. Pjanic 'voluntarily' cancelling his contract doesn't count btw. Same for Umtiti agreeing to lower his salary.

Dr. StrangeHate

I think you would agree that Barca need to make a good gesture in return as well and give FDJ a freedom of contact. This would make Barca more than a club again.