Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I don't understand why Barcelona doesn't renew these young players for 5-6 more years. If you renew him for 4 years, in 2 you are already obliged to do another renewal.
Because two parties have to agree to a contract and a contract that long wouldn’t make sense for the player.

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
Good question. Of course there is.
CSKA have won 84 european cups across all Sports.

https:// ca.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CSKA_Moscou
https:// mobile.twitter.com/_benito___/status/1520838207499288576

No sois el ombligo del mundo, ni siquiera en los deportes que no le importan a nadie.
This is not true. I just took a look at all of CSKA’s profesional sections and their number of combined CL’s in all sports is lower than that of Barça let alone all domestic, European and international titles. Besides CSKA is only strong in basketball, volleyball and ice hockey. You cannot compare that with the dominance of Barça and success across so many sports. None of those sports are marginal either. Roller hockey is not an insignificant sport worldwide, it enjoys quite a big popularity in many populous nations such as India, Pakistan, the Americas etc.

https://www.purehockey.com/c/history-of-roller-hockey

El Barça es el mejor club polideportivo del mundo. De los grandes equipos del fútbol europeo, el Barça es el único que ha ganado Ligas y Copas de Europa en todas sus principales secciones profesionales. De lo que no hay duda es de que es un club de clubs con un historial exitoso a nivel internacional. Ser del Espanyol es un sufrimiento permanente. Es decir, mira, entiendo tu frustración, pero no se puede negar lo obvio.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Our many different and successful sports sections is one of the main reasons for the “més que un club” motto outside of the historical political element.

Anyway I enjoy our newly developed futsal rivalry, luckily Inter Movistar looks like a thing of the past and they are going downhill fast. They won’t be missed.
I thought it was a nod to the aim of Catalan independence (after some guy mentioned it in a speech 50 years ago).

But you're right, it could have been a reference to how many Futsal titles they have too.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Are there any European players that get poached by the American NBA?
All the time. I would say it happens every single year now. Sengun was balling in the Turkish league as an 18 year old, then drafted in the first round by Houston. Two of the current top 5-7 players (Giannis and Luka) played in European leagues before being picked up by NBA teams.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah it's not very interesting if "more than a club" means "we are actually multiple different clubs for various sports under the umbrella of a single institution."

CruyffMaradonaMessi

Supports
FC Barcelona
I thought it was a nod to the aim of Catalan independence (after some guy mentioned it in a speech 50 years ago).

But you're right, it could have been a reference to how many Futsal titles they have too.
It has more to do with Catalanism and what the club meant for the people. In particular during and after the Spanish Civil War and the almost 40 years of fascist dictatorship under Franco where Catalan language and culture was actively oppressed. Camp Nou became one of the very few places where people could express themselves.

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/barcelona-what-does-mes-que-un-club-mean

As well as the fact, as I wrote earlier, that Barça has so many successful sports sections and that the club is more than just a football club in this regard. Ownership model too (owned fully by club members) etc. Later among purists this slogan has also included the playing style (dominant possession football and attacking football as a whole) etc.

Last edited:

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
This is not true. I just took a look at all of CSKA’s profesional sections and their number of combined CL’s in all sports is lower than that of Barça let alone all domestic, European and international titles. Besides CSKA is only strong in basketball, volleyball and ice hockey. You cannot compare that with the dominance of Barça and success across so many sports. None of those sports are marginal either. Roller hockey is not an insignificant sport worldwide, it enjoys quite a big popularity in many populous nations such as India, Pakistan, the Americas etc.

https://www.purehockey.com/c/history-of-roller-hockey

El Barça es el mejor club polideportivo del mundo. De los grandes equipos del fútbol europeo, el Barça es el único que ha ganado Ligas y Copas de Europa en todas sus principales secciones profesionales. De lo que no hay duda es de que es un club de clubs con un historial exitoso a nivel internacional. Ser del Espanyol es un sufrimiento permanente. Es decir, mira, entiendo tu frustración, pero no se puede negar lo obvio.

Stop changing the goalposts. You asked if any other institution had more european cups across all sports. CSKA has more.

Más Copas de Europa:

85 CSKA Moscú (33 de esgrima, 20 de hockey hielo, 13 de voleibol, 8 de baloncesto, 3 de ajedrez, 3 de voleibol femenino, 2 de esgrima femenina, 1 de balonmano, 1 de rugby seven femenino y 1 de waterpolo)

45 FC Barcelona (22 hockey patines, 11 balonmano, 5 fútbol, 4 fútbol sala UEFA, 2 baloncesto y 1 de fútbol femenino)

Next question.

Stop getting all your info from Sport (or MundoVomitivo, Marca or As for that matter). It is all bullcrap.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah it's not very interesting if "more than a club" means "we are actually multiple different clubs for various sports under the umbrella of a single institution."
Truly such a unique club... oh wait... the sports club in my home village has about 1,500 active players in about two dozen different sports.

Barca fans really keep on embarassing themselves here.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah the literal meaning isn't as mysterious and romantic as the narrative they've marketed to the world :lol:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Because two parties have to agree to a contract and a contract that long wouldn’t make sense for the player.
I see young players in other teams renewing for 6 years but in Barcelona it does not happen.
Making 4-year contracts the wage bill will increase a lot and very fast.

caid

I see young players in other teams renewing for 6 years but in Barcelona it does not happen.
Making 4-year contracts the wage bill will increase a lot and very fast.
Keep todays costs low and let future presidents worry about the future? The players probably want to keep their options open

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Keep todays costs low and let future presidents worry about the future? The players probably want to keep their options open
It is the only explanation. Laporta will have the problem, who will remain the president.

Then there are players who renewed 10 years like Moncayola, until 2031 or Iñaki Williams who once renewed 8 years.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
No need to mention how di Stéfano was stolen from Barça
I can forgive United fans for mouthing this fake news but are you really a Barca fan or are you a troll sent to make people dislike Barca ... Di Stefano was never stolen from Barca.

Argentina was Fifa-affiliated but not a professional league. Players (including Di Stefano) went on strike due to corruption/unpaid wages/poor scheduling. After striking for almost a year, top players decided to leave the league and Di Stefano ended up in Colombia which was a professional but Fifa-unaffiliated league. It is important to note that Di Stefano's contract had expired and his Argentine club still owed him money from previous years that they were unwilling to pay (think Frenkie De Jong).
4 years later Madrid and Barca both came calling. Madrid approached his Colombian club (not Fifa affiliate) and Barca approached his previous Argentine club (Fifa affiliate) since they believed that his last year's contract (when players went on strike) with Argentine club was still valid as the strike was illegal. To resolve the issue both Barca and Madrid agreed to share him for 2 years each. Barca finally pulled out of the deal because this was unacceptable to their socios.
close connection of Santiago Bernabéu with the Franco regime
In any dictatorship you have to have good relationships with dictators or you can suffer grievous consequences. Dictators also force successful clubs/people to associate themselves with the regime for propaganda purposes.
Franco's biography clearly states his love for Atletico Madrid. Why would a dictator who portrays himself as a working class hero and an anti-royal, support 'Royal' Madrid?
Didn't Franco also execute a few Madrid board members?
favorable refereeing decisions since always
Are you saying that UEFAlona have never received favorable decisions? Did you forget how Uefa handed Guardiola his first CL title. Disgusting!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I can forgive United fans for mouthing this fake news but are you really a Barca fan or are you a troll sent to make people dislike Barca ... Di Stefano was never stolen from Barca.

Argentina was Fifa-affiliated but not a professional league. Players (including Di Stefano) went on strike due to corruption/unpaid wages/poor scheduling. After striking for almost a year, top players decided to leave the league and Di Stefano ended up in Colombia which was a professional but Fifa-unaffiliated league. It is important to note that Di Stefano's contract had expired and his Argentine club still owed him money from previous years that they were unwilling to pay (think Frenkie De Jong).
4 years later Madrid and Barca both came calling. Madrid approached his Colombian club (not Fifa affiliate) and Barca approached his previous Argentine club (Fifa affiliate) since they believed that his last year's contract (when players went on strike) with Argentine club was still valid as the strike was illegal. To resolve the issue both Barca and Madrid agreed to share him for 2 years each. Barca finally pulled out of the deal because this was unacceptable to their socios.

In any dictatorship you have to have good relationships with dictators or you can suffer grievous consequences. Dictators also force successful clubs/people to associate themselves with the regime for propaganda purposes.
Franco's biography clearly states his love for Atletico Madrid. Why would a dictator who portrays himself as a working class hero and an anti-royal, support 'Royal' Madrid?
Didn't Franco also execute a few Madrid board members?

Are you saying that UEFAlona have never received favorable decisions? Did you forget how Uefa handed Guardiola his first CL title. Disgusting!
Where did you get the information on Di Stefano's topic?

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Barca is so bad at playing football their fans have to talk about roller hockey :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
All the time. I would say it happens every single year now. Sengun was balling in the Turkish league as an 18 year old, then drafted in the first round by Houston. Two of the current top 5-7 players (Giannis and Luka) played in European leagues before being picked up by NBA teams.
Luka didn't play in Europe. Luka destroyed european basketball playing for - wait for it..... REAL MADRID :D
Yeah the literal meaning isn't as mysterious and romantic as the narrative they've marketed to the world :lol:
The origin of mes que un club is actually entirely a marketing ploy. They came up with it in the 70s, after Franco's death. The deep meaning about Catalunyan values is something they attached to it later

Gee Male

What's the story with Fati? Keep hearing he is brilliant, but tonight now for a wide forward spot, he is behind Raphinha, Dembele and now Torres. What am I missing?

Dembele is a terrible footballer too.

dinostar77

What's the story with Fati? Keep hearing he is brilliant, but tonight now for a wide forward spot, he is behind Raphinha, Dembele and now Torres. What am I missing?

Has he been the same since he returned for his knee ligament operation?

Calidad

Supports
Hibernian

You’re missing the fact that he’s a 19 year old who has suffered from a series of injuries. They’re trying to manage his minutes to avoid a further relapse.

Odd comment on Dembele. Not even sure how to respond to that.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry but I don't buy the excessive importance some fans give to group stages.

Barcelona still look very good, the season is just starting, they can keep on improving and knockout matches are the ones that matter.

That Dembele-Lewandowski-Raphinha trio is way too powerful to discard Barca's chances in the future. Gavi, Pedri, Fati and the likes have huge potential.

It would be mad to forget about them so easily.

MrEleson

Dembele terrible? What sport are you watching? He's a top 5 winger on the planet in his current form.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
German teams not the best fit for Barcelona lately. Eintracht, Bayern...

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Gavi was good tonight but I still think Xavi needs to test another midfield. He need to try Busquets - Pedri - De Jong and De Jong - Pedri - Kessie .

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
German teams not the best fit for Barcelona lately. Eintracht, Bayern...
We could have won this one. It was a very even match despite what the score may show. We missed some chances we usually don't and were denied a clear penalty on Dembele.

RVN1991

Very impressive how despite Barcelona being the better team in the first half Bayern absolutely toyed with them when they wanted to. Bayern should be the favorites to take it this year for sure.

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thursday nights... channel 5...

Edit: Someone please add the youtube-vid as I don`t have the rights yet. :D

zaafi

What even is this? :lol: I swear some posters on here just say random shit for the sake of it. Don't think you've even watched him play.

caid

Thought both sides were kind of poor. Looked like a friendly. Some impressive individual performances that didn't add up to much

Raiden Shogun

Supports
FC Barca

Braincells by the looks of that last comment. (I kid, I kid)

I can understand why people who don't watch him often would think Dembele is terrible, at times he's erratic and very unpredictable also appears very brainless with some of his decision making but a terrible footballer he is not. He's more a joker type, he could dribble an entire team and then kick the ball out for a throw-in.

Ansu is still young, great talent but has had many injury problems, him staying fit and contributing off the bench this season is the best we can hope for.

Anyways, tonight could of gone either way I feel. Bayern much superior in the 2nd half, the first half our forwards decided to collectively shit themselves, mainly Lewy. Pedri was incredible but he needs to up his finishing. Won't speak on the clear pen, as we should of comfortably ended the first half a few goals up.

The main problem is mentality at Barca over quality these days.

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
Played well first half, but still, being the Club you are with your levers and how lewa acted before the transfer. I want your Club to go out of existance and lewa with it. On your way.