Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Xavi’s arrogance and stubbornness will be his undoing. His major problem is lack of adaptability and that’s the reason why he will be a failure at Barcelona. They need to evolve their football and ditch the “Barcelona way” which every team knows how to counter since ages ago.
The "Barcelona way" is the Dutch school and I do not see that's being countered, just look at City and Arsenal.

The same thing you said can serve Ten Hag, it's the same kind of football.
Now I ask you, you would fired Ten Hag?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
The "Barcelona way" is the Dutch school and I do not see that's being countered, just look at City and Arsenal.

The same thing you said can serve Ten Hag, it's the same kind of football.
Now I ask you, you would fired Ten Hag?
Ten Hag, Guardiola and even Arteta seem to be more pragmatic than Xavi. Yes, they share a similar philosophy (ten Hag to a lesser extent), but Xavi seems to want to play just like they did 10 years ago, it doesn't look much different, so I think it's fair to call him stubborn regarding his tactics.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
City's tactics can and have been countered.
The thing that pulls them apart is money and budget.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Ten Hag, Guardiola and even Arteta seem to be more pragmatic than Xavi. Yes, they share a similar philosophy (ten Hag to a lesser extent), but Xavi seems to want to play just like they did 10 years ago, it doesn't look much different, so I think it's fair to call him stubborn regarding his tactics.
Arteta has taken 3 years to get the kind of football he is doing right now.
If we look back, people said he was useless and had to be kicked out.

Regarding Ten Hag I don't see that he is very pragmatic right now. He is simply unable to implement his way of seeing football.
Coaches should be given time to form a team.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Regarding Ten Hag I don't see that he is very pragmatic right now. He is simply unable to implement his way of seeing football.
Not every coach is good enough to evolve a team over years, some are just a waste of time.

But we will have to wait and see to which category Xavi belongs

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal

The starting point of Arteta and Xavi is not the same thought. Look at the team Xavi has and the one Arteta inherited. Also a lot is said about the amount of money spent by Arteta but its not close to what Barca/Xavi is spending.

For what its worth, i beleive he should be given time. He has earned it because of the progress team made last year when he joined and qualifying for Champions league which looked difficult when he joined (similar to Arteta winning FA cup early)

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Not every coach is good enough to evolve a team over years, some are just a waste of time.

The starting point of Arteta and Xavi is not the same thought. Look at the team Xavi has and the one Arteta inherited. Also a lot is said about the amount of money spent by Arteta but its not close to what Barca/Xavi is spending.

For what its worth, i beleive he should be given time. He has earned it because of the progress team made last year when he joined and qualifying for Champions league which looked difficult when he joined (similar to Arteta winning FA cup early)
There are some things about Xavi that I don't like, at the moment.
To make the reform you need time and with Xavi the club will have it. Then we will see if he is the right person or not.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Uh, no? For one thing he doesn't have Messi, which is why he's not even trying to replicate what they did 10 years ago. Barcelona play like Guardiola's Bayern with Robben and Ribery

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona

Finally Pique didn't have to hold back yesterday. He told Manzano his and probably every culer's opinion about him. That must have felt good. Thank you Geri!

e: Just for information: Not defending Lewandowski's action which was stupid, but Manzano showed barca 9 red cards in 33 games. In every 3rd-4th game, he shows us a red card on average. Plus dozens scandalous situations over the years like Osasuna's goal yesterday, which also led to Lewy's emotional foul I assume.

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Uh, no? For one thing he doesn't have Messi, which is why he's not even trying to replicate what they did 10 years ago. Barcelona play like Guardiola's Bayern with Robben and Ribery
Is Barca playing 4231? Honest question since I have only seen them against Bayern this season.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Is Barca playing 4231? Honest question since I have only seen them against Bayern this season.
Barcelona is playing 4-3-3. At the beginning of the season Xavi played a couple of games with 3CB- 4-3

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It switches some between 3-2-5 to 4-14-1. Play is focused on isolating the wingers 1on1 to create

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Finally Pique didn't have to hold back yesterday. He told Manzano his and probably every culer's opinion about him. That must have felt good. Thank you Geri!

e: Just for information: Not defending Lewandowski's action which was stupid, but Manzano showed barca 9 red cards in 33 games. In every 3rd-4th game, he shows us a red card on average. Plus dozens scandalous situations over the years like Osasuna's goal yesterday, which also led to Lewy's emotional foul I assume.
The red card according to the referee was for " Have you seen the corner [for the Osasuna goal]? You are the referee that has f*cked us the most by a distance."

Then Pique told him the rest.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
The red card according to the referee was for " Have you seen the corner [for the Osasuna goal]? You are the referee that has f*cked us the most by a distance."

Then Pique told him the rest.
I fear this will not improve his behaviour towards barca in the future :lol:... :nervous:

appleman

Supports
Atletico Madrid

To be honest, the signs so far seem to show Xavi got some progress in him rather than being more of an Ole-type.
Problem with plenty big signings is that people forget that teams need building no matter how much money they cost, so they don't get the patience they need.
Don't get me wrong, Xavi could easily fail, but those statistics showing his first 50 games to be the first in 20 years or so years don't mean so much.

In the NL people use it as a way to defend Koeman, while he had Messi covering his *BEEP* up for I assume about 90% of his 50. Everyone knew Barcelona was way too reliant on Messi, so acting as if him leaving doesn't mean anything.

This doesn't mean Koeman wasn't let go too soon and that Xavi is better by any definition, but those statistics don't make him the worst Barcelona manager in ages at all. But he seems way less stubborn than Koeman was, which is why I think he'll stand the test of time better than Ronald would have if he stayed. For one, finally Pique got benched and even Busquets is not on all of the team sheets anymore. Koeman got the team ticking somewhat last year until Pique recovered from injury and while Busquets was one of the best DMs of all time during his peak years, he seems sleepy during so many moments in plays now with the way he loses focus sometimes. I assume he is a good leader still, but your anchor, your midfield champion and captain really cannot let your team down as much as he has. So seeing Xavi working towards the future while not blindly playing his old mates is definitely a good sign. The leaders are still a part of the squad, but they're being phased out while other leaders are slowly taking their places.

Man I really don't like Barça and I always hated Xavi's arrogance about the club during his interviews as a player. But right now I think it's good they're sticking with him. I'd rather see Frenkie at United, as my level of fanship for both clubs, but I do notice I'm getting a bit more curious about where this new midfield setup of theirs is heading.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon

Do they ever stop moaning?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

Do they ever stop moaning?
If they ask him about the same thing, then he will answer what he thinks appropriate.
And he's right on several issues of the financial FFP.
Spain is the only country where the FFP is updated day by day. In the other countries they don't even worry about the matter and UEFA every 3 years.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Haven't they wasted enough money yet? Bartomeu mark 2... La Liga trying to save them from themselves...

Guess they'll get around it again and them probably default in a few years anyway...

caid

If they ask him about the same thing, then he will answer what he thinks appropriate.
Spain is the only country where the FFP is updated day by day. In the other countries they don't even worry about the matter and UEFA every 3 years.
Can they buy players if they sell first?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Can they buy players if they sell first?
Yes, if they sell first they can sign. The issue is that as they were eliminated in the Champions League before the target in the budget, LaLiga already lowers the FFP immediately.
On the other hand, Laliga does not raise it in other economic sections where the budgeted is being improved.

LaLiga cannot be changing the rules arbitrarily without warning and every minute.

The same goes for economic levers. There was no impediment on that and 2 weeks before the closing of the market LaLiga tells Barcelona that they can not activate more levers. It's not serious.

Either you allow or you don't allow but you can't keep changing in the middle of the market. The clubs can have agreed operations beforehand and suddenly they have to back out.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Yes, if they sell first they can sign. The issue is that as they were eliminated in the Champions League before the target in the budget, LaLiga already lowers the FFP immediately.
On the other hand, Laliga does not raise it in other economic sections where the budgeted is being improved.

LaLiga cannot be changing the rules arbitrarily without warning and every minute.

The same goes for economic levers. There was no impediment on that and 2 weeks before the closing of the market LaLiga tells Barcelona that they can not activate more levers. It's not serious.

Either you allow or you don't allow but you can't keep changing in the middle of the market. The clubs can have agreed operations beforehand and suddenly they have to back out.
Tebas is on a personal vendetta against barca. He hated catalans since his far right political youth, he doesn't like barca because he is a blanco fan and on top of that, barca didn't sign his cvc deal and wants the SL together with Madrid, which means far less commission money for him, because the two biggest clubs in spain didn't get into his scam. He even baited barca with La Liga would allow Messi to extend his contract if barca signs his deal, but when barca presented far better deals than his, suddenly we had trouble to register any signing. Where is the logic in this? Allowing the highest earner to extend with a bad deal, but denying signings with far better ones? This guy is corrupt to the bone and is the driving force behind this, I have zero doubt.
The club even had to make an official complaint to shut him up in the summer, when he spoke nearly daily about our bad finances and LaLiga wouldn't allow us this and that. While we are the only reason, Madrid isn't a Bayern 2.0 and LaLiga not a boring Bundesliga 2.0

Last edited:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Well Barcelona play in Spain, so it's only fair that they have to follow the rules of all the other Spanish clubs don't you think?

Remember when Barcelona were allowed to sign a striker outside of the transfer window because they had injuries yet didn't allow the team you signed the striker from the same advantage as you did?

The cheek of Barca fans to claim La Liga are against them. :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Barca had really hope they win that case against UEFA. Because they look to me like a club in serious bother otherwise.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
There's a reason why the Spanish FFP is the most stringent in Europe, and it's because otherwise most of your clubs would be ran into the ground. As a country you are bad at being fiscally and financially sound, and it's a mechanism to protect you from yourselves.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Well Barcelona play in Spain, so it's only fair that they have to follow the rules of all the other Spanish clubs don't you think?

Remember when Barcelona were allowed to sign a striker outside of the transfer window because they had injuries yet didn't allow the team you signed the striker from the same advantage as you did?

That rule had been in place for many years and Barcelona made use of it.
Barcelona was not allowed anything, there was that rule and it was used.
It seems that you intend to make others believe that laliga made an exception or favor to Barcelona and it is not true. Fake news.

There's a reason why the Spanish FFP is the most stringent in Europe, and it's because otherwise most of your clubs would be ran into the ground. As a country you are bad at being fiscally and financially sound, and it's a mechanism to protect you from yourselves.
I am in favour of the FFP, well planned and executed. Do not change the rules randomly, immediately and without notifying the clubs.
It's funny how LaLiga didn't say anything to Bartomeu's accounts during those 4 catastrophic.

Spanish clubs are the ones that have weathered the pandemic best and have had fewer losses and by far. And yes, it was thanks to the financial FFP of LaLiga, which is what it is for.
But the FFP was not prepared for a pandemic and it was not modified as it should. So, for example, you can see Sevilla in relegation because they are drowned by the FFP.

colombianmancunian

There’s nothing more hypocritical than a Barcelona fan. They believe everyone is against them, when actually the reason of their situation has been themselves with their nutty presidents.

They blame La Liga? They have been seriously favored by it numerous times, specially at Villarato.

They blame uefa? Come on, they are called UEFAlona for a reason. BTW, I’m still waiting a post by @Niemans about how uefa has wronged poor little barcita. He has menace us with it for ages, but we are still waiting.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
There’s nothing more hypocritical than a Barcelona fan. They believe everyone is against them, when actually the reason of their situation has been themselves with their nutty presidents.

They blame La Liga? They have been seriously favored by it numerous times, specially at Villarato.

They blame uefa? Come on, they are called UEFAlona for a reason. BTW, I’m still waiting a post by @Niemans about how uefa has wronged poor little barcita. He has menace us with it for ages, but we are still waiting.
I will, don't worry. Then you will disappear like the last time you ran out of arguments.

A person who believes in Villarato is just a radical, blind fan.
Every time you write a post you never give arguments about anything and only disrespect

To talk about any topic you need 2 things: education and knowing what you are talking about. And you're missing all 2.

And if you read carefully I am asking that when a regulation is made it is not changed arbitrarily at every moment and without warning.

In this summer laliga did not say anything that levers could not be used. Barcelona was using them and 2 weeks before finishing the market Javier Tebas tells Barcelona that he can not use more. That's not serious. Why he made that decision from one day to the next and without warning? And if Barcelona had other signings thanks to another lever?

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo

By the way, a person who uses the term Villarato as a definition already betrays himself.
You are a person who sees El Chiringuito, the As and maybe the Marca in the time of Eduardo Inda to which Florentino Pérez put him as he himself says in the famous audios.

Those who swallow all that are amoebas. No wonder you have only 2 likes in 140 posts.

colombianmancunian

By the way, a person who uses the term Villarato as a definition already betrays himself.
You are a person who sees El Chiringuito, the As and maybe the Marca in the time of Eduardo Inda to which Florentino Pérez put him as he himself says in the famous audios.

Those who swallow all that are amoebas. No wonder you have only 2 likes in 140 posts.
I don’t watch chiringuito or read Spanish newspapers mate. That’s so typical of someone without arguments: saying that the other part’s opinion is based on X or Y media.

During last decade Barcelona was heavily favored both in regulations and referee decisions. Evident things such as Ovrebo or Robontada aside, referees in Europe and Spain felt to Barcelona’s theatrics and play acting, while ignoring their faults.

Barcelona is the biggest cheating team in history, while being so hypocritical that they try to sell a image of saints with all that “Humildat y Valors” BS. The only way you will get back to where you were is by having both Villar and Platini coming back to aid you as in good (for you) old Villarato and UEFAlona times.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I don’t watch chiringuito or read Spanish newspapers mate. That’s so typical of someone without arguments: saying that the other part’s opinion is based on X or Y media.

During last decade Barcelona was heavily favored both in regulations and referee decisions. Evident things such as Ovrebo or Robontada aside, referees in Europe and Spain felt to Barcelona’s theatrics and play acting, while ignoring their faults.

Barcelona is the biggest cheating team in history, while being so hypocritical that they try to sell a image of saints with all that “Humildat y Valors” BS. The only way you will get back to where you were is by having both Villar and Platini coming back to aid you as in good (for you) old Villarato and UEFAlona times.
The amount of barbarities you say in so few words.
It's my fault for listening to a newbie troll.

Just a question. Has Madrid been favored in Europe by referees? And in Spain?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Strange flex. @colombianmancunian has 2 in 129 (1.6%) while you are at 11 in 1087 (1.0%).
Yes, I got those 11 in 40 posts approximately.
It's strange that you don't know that once you get the full member, the moderators barely like you anymore.

Another troll who doesn't know how this works.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
So with Alex Balde joining Spain and Sadio Mané getting injured, Barcelona are officially the team with the most players in the World Cup with 17.
Not too bad for a shite of a club according to some.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
So with Alex Balde joining Spain and Sadio Mané getting injured, Barcelona are officially the team with the most players in the World Cup with 17.
Not too bad for a shite of a club according to some.
I never said it was a shite club. I just said it was located in a shitehole of a city.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
In fairness (and not to defend a barca fan) but once you have your ten and are promoted you're much less likely to get likes, imo, as mods rightly probably think 'what's the point?'
Cmon, let me have some fun

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes, I got those 11 in 40 posts approximately.
It's strange that you don't know that once you get the full member, the moderators barely like you anymore.

Another troll who doesn't know how this works.
I am sure it was 11 in 11

whitbyviking

It’s truly amazing reading the mental gymnastics of the various Barce fans. The bottom line is the club put themselves in this mess with an unbelievably bad transfer and contract policy for many years. This blew up during the recent pandemic seemingly when income was reduced from lockdowns. Yet the fans in here, without a trace of humility, by and large decry la liga, the players, UEFA, ex employees (fans voted in) and various other things. But they never blame the club and fans themselves. Barce of all teams had the fan power to stop this nonsense but they didn’t care as long as the good times rolled.

I was just enjoying reading this thread until today, when I read that La Liga clubs had been best place to ride out the pandemic due to their financial policies. Really? The whole league is nuts when it comes To money; corruption, Madrid bailing out Real, the Barce goings on, Valencia, Athletico not so long back, Deportivo. If the FFP rules seem strict then they very clearly need to be.