Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So what did Juve do wrong then?
Other then give the refs untraceable swiss phone cards? And speaking with people they actually could not speak with?

I mean, penal law is based on innocent until proven guilty. All the evidence against juventus was circumstantial - enough that it was obvious that they were guilty, but still circumstantial - penal law needs them to be guilty beyond reasonable doubt

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Out of interest, has there been any explanation of what the payments were for? It's millions of euros, to a single person.

If not for some influence, have Barca confirmed at all what it IS they were getting for their millions? And why only Barca were making these payments?
Just a couple of PowerPoints on the art of crowding the ref.

$1M for each ppt.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
Haven’t been following this a lot, but honestly, all I really want is that Real isn’t involved in similar ways. And if they have been, harshest punishment. Take away the titles, drop in points or set back to the secondary division etc.

Don’t even care that much for the Barca scandal, just don’t want that taint on Real. The Franco stuff is annoying as it is on the internet.

BuzzKillington

So far yes, for the most part. There are still no facts, proofs or a direct accusation of bribing the referees. There is that shady payment to Negreira and that's about it. Everything else are just rumours or narratives of some biased, some neutral journalists because that topic brings them clicks and money of course.
We have to wait for more facts and investigations. Laporta said that the club outsourced the investigation to a law firm and they will hold a press conference when it's finished.
Aren’t some of the payments during the time Laporta was president of Barca? How can you honestly expect any investigation instigated by him to come out with anything other than complete exoneration? You surely can’t be that stupid or naive, or expect anybody else to have any faith at all in that process?

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Haven’t been following this a lot, but honestly, all I really want is that Real isn’t involved in similar ways. And if they have been, harshest punishment. Take away the titles, drop in points or set back to the secondary division etc.

Don’t even care that much for the Barca scandal, just don’t want that taint on Real. The Franco stuff is annoying as it is on the internet.
Most respectable fans will say the same however resident Barcelona cultists have no ethics and have proceeded to argue semantics rather than concede that they should be punished.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Former referee Paradas Romero: "Promotions and relegations were not adjusted to the category of the referees. We were surprised by who was promoted and who was relegated. Reports were opaque and obscure" "Enríquez Negreira was the one who called us".

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Always playing against 12 when playing anyone from Spain.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You're braindead if you think that's dodgy. He pulls his arm around and doesn't even attempt to do discreetly. Bruno is a fecking idiot.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The penalty I can understand being given despite being on the soft side but the two non-decisions on the Rashford and Shaw tackles are extremely dubious.

If the Fernandes ‘challenge’ is a penalty, those two aforementioned are GBH, ffs!

caid

3 penalty decisions over the 2 legs in their favour. Coincidence im sure.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It was a pen. And the club is a complete fraud. Not mutually exclusive.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What a great week. Resounding victory at Anfield, Barcelona out of Europe and now here, reading the collective outrage and waiting for more exclusives from El Mundo.

prateik

They were so disappointing.. 4-3 makes it look close.. but I was never nervous.. they didnt really look as scary as some top league sides do..

What now for them? Were they counting on the revenue from this? Fresh round of pay cuts?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Some Barça fans here were already doing the math "if we win europa league we won't loose money compared to a final round in the CL" :lol:

Barcelona in La Liga : 7 goals conceded in 22 games
Barcelona in european cups : 16 goals conceded in 8 games

Yup, as i've said several time, La Liga just doesn't have good teams that can score anymore.

Woodzy

It was a pen. And the club is a complete fraud. Not mutually exclusive.
I think it was just poor refereeing. He let a couple of fouls on us go not too long before that, most specifically the Rashford one just outside the box, so in contrast it shouldn’t have been a penalty.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Some Barça fans here were already doing the math "if we win europa league we won't loose money compared to a final round in the CL" :lol:

Yup, as i've said several time, La Liga just doesn't have good teams that can score anymore.
And if you exclude the Real Madrid game (3-1), it's 4 goals conceded in 21 games so I kind of agree with your theory.

But admittedly they faced Manchester United, Inter and Bayern twice in Europe which are not your ordinary Viktoria Plzens.

caid

Bit of a head scratcher. There isn't that much pressure on the ball, theres loads of space wide and Araujo and Christensen are just good. Neither are Baresi or anything.
They dont particularly like being pressed up the pitch either despite how many midfielders they have. We got a fair bit of joy out of them over 2 legs even with a million cheap free kicks going their way.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
And if you exclude the Real Madrid game (3-1), it's 4 goals conceded in 21 games so I kind of agree with your theory.

But admittedly they faced Manchester United, Inter and Bayern twice in Europe which are not your ordinary Viktoria Plzens.
Even Viktoria Plzens scored 3 goals against them in 2 games, almost half of what they conceded in la liga over 22 games :lol:

Bit of a head scratcher. There isn't that much pressure on the ball, theres loads of space wide and Araujo and Christensen are just good. Neither are Baresi or anything.
They dont particularly like being pressed up the pitch either despite how many midfielders they have. We got a fair bit of joy out of them over 2 legs even with a million cheap free kicks going their way.
I've said that multiple times, Barcelona's game is well suited for La Liga were attackers are overall pretty slow. As soon as they face a team that can take advantage of the space they leave open, they're just lost.

Ridge Racer

Supports
Real Madrid
When the refereeing in La Liga don't let rivals play intensily, of course you get that kind of defensive record in your favour.

Chief123

What a mess they’ve got themselves in. Sold their future, spent a fortune in the summer and still look so average as a team. Even with their missing players from last week, we outplayed them in their ground.

One of the worst Barca teams I’ve seen in my lifetime. Real Madrid despite being behind them look on a totally different level to this lot.