Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So we're at "yeah, we did it, but they did it first"?

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Plaza cleaned up the arbitration of non-Madrid referees.

But the matter with Plaza did not end with his resignation. Again in the presidency of the referees in 1975, he was personally in charge of the referee appointments for the matches, paying special attention to the referees who had to whistle to Real Madrid and FC Barcelona.

And he has already taken care of finding referees who are friendly for Real Madrid and hostile referees for Barcelona.
Plaza had no choice but to admit that a series of referees, among the best, were being punished (Camacho, Antonio Rigo, López Samper, Pérez Quintas, Pascual Tejerina ...) and did not whistle.

Supposedly because they didn't do their job as their president would have liked. "We have reports advising us to act in this regard. What I'm not going to say is how we got them," Plaza said at the time.

The truth is that the referees whose sympathies did not go towards Real Madrid and yes towards Barcelona were invited to leave the arbitration. José Plaza took care of that, excluding them from the appointments.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Antonio Camacho's complaint.

President Plaza had it sworn to the Madrid collegiate Antonio Camacho. In his defense of Guruceta and his scandalous penalty, he resigned and tried to drag with him all the referees with a generalized plant, to accentuate the scandal for the "injustice" that was being committed with the referee of the controversial penalty of the Camp Nou, which was sanctioned for his error by the high instances of Spanish sports .
But Camacho did not want to know anything about Plaza's compromises.

It was at that time when the Madrid referee Camacho uttered the famous phrase: "as long as Plaza is president of the referees, Barça will not win LaLiga again".
And it was based on the fact that Plaza commanded everything, personally deciding the referees who should direct the matches.

And the curse of Plaza was consummated. From 1975 to 1990 Barça only won one league, in 1985. It was impossible for the referees to remedy it because the difference between Barça and Real Madrid that year was huge. The Blaugrana team, then led by Terry Venables, was proclaimed champion five days before the end of the championship. Impossible to stop that. The first and last Barça title with Plaza manipulating the designations at will.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Real Madrid bet directly on the head of the referees, at that time José Plaza Pedraz, who came to boast that with him in the presidency of the referees Barça would never win LaLiga.
Actually that is wrong. Plaza (ref president at the time) didnt say that. It was Camacho (a ref at the time) who said that referring to Plaza:

Camacho afirmó que "mientras Plaza sea presidente el Barcelona no volverá a ser campeón", que andando el tiempo acabó tomándose por una confesión del propio Plaza como 'venganza' al hecho de que tras el 'caso Guruceta' de 1970 él tuviera que abandonar la presidencia de los árbitros.

It was at that time when the Madrid referee Camacho uttered the famous phrase: "as long as Plaza is president of the referees, Barça will not win LaLiga again". And it was based on the fact that Plaza commanded everything, personally deciding the referees who should direct the matches.
Ah, yes. There you go, it was Camacho all along, not Plaza. Your posts contradict each other :lol:

Also, you know Who that Camacho is, right?
He is the ref who gave other refs money (las famosas "cortadoras") from Barca. You can read about it here:

Are you gonna mention the fact that that Camacho you quote gave other refs bribes from Barca or are you gonna avoid it??

Last edited:

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Real Madrid, 9 - FC Barcelona, 0

While Plaza was the only one who appointed the referees (1976-80 and 1985-90), Barça did not win a single league and Real Madrid took 9 enjoying their golden age in LaLiga accumulating titles under suspicion, one after the other .

Ohhhhhh surprise!!!!!

And in the interregnum between 1980 and 1985, in which it was an arbitration committee, and not only Plaza, in charge of appointing the referees, Real Madrid remained blank and the Leagues were distributed by Real Sociedad (2), Athletic Bilbao (2) and Barça.

The phrase that Camacho attributed to Plaza summed up the spirit of revenge against Barça that nested in him before the situation experienced by his outstanding disciple José Emilio Guruceta and served to be invited to abandon his activity as a referee. But nothing happened. There were testimonies willing to denounce the fraudulent behavior in favor of Real Madrid of the president of the referees. But the matter was shelved. It was not interested in the capital.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s gone past funny and into the genuinely worrying phase. just like that time my grandad wouldn’t take off that women’s hat.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So we're at "yeah, we did it, but they did it first"?
No, we're at "they did it". There is no official corruption charge, just an investigation that leads into nothing so far, because there is nothing according to the club except a narrative from people who dislike barca and blow up an ethically wrong payment out of proportion.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
"I want a public confrontation with Plaza. All his actions are a personal revenge of his for not having acceded to the refereeing plan he proposed when Guruceta was punished." That's what Camacho said then. They did not pay attention to him, despite the denunciations of José María García in the SER and in Don Balón during that time.

Plaza's stain is still there for life at Real Madrid. And their titles under suspicion, too.
But Florentino Pérez enjoys the fortune of having an army of faithful media servants willing to clean the blood to make it seem that there was never a crime.

Florentino Pérez and Alejandro de Pedro agreed in September 2013 to create a web portal (www.diariobernabeu.com) with the aim of cleaning up the image of Real Madrid through the internet and different social networks.
According to the information that this Thursday brings to light 'eldiario.es', the president of the white club paid up to 300,000 euros for Alejandro de Pedro, one of the defendants in the Punic case, to organize the entire campaign on the network .

As the published information explains, Florentino Pérez and Antonio Galeano, leader of the Real Madrid communication team, explained and gave orders to Alejandro de Pedro about everything he should publish and what he should not. Campaigns were organized against people like Ramón Calderón, former president of Real Madrid, and the portal was used to pressure referees and coaches when making the lineup.

Yakuza_devils

Ultimately La Liga will end up the biggest losers in this saga. If both RM and Barca are implicated, what's there left in La Liga to watch?.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
The simple fact, that Los Blancos were the most important club in Franco's centralised spain and represented his conservative order out of Madrid, tells you they were a regime club.
The simple fact that you are producing such intellectually inept attempt, tells you everything about state of FC Barcelona.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
Most of the referees' presidents have been either former partners or former directors of Real Madrid and have benefited. It has been considered the club of the current regime."

Those words are absolutely documented, since a total of ten (Alfonso Albéniz Jordana, Carlos Dieste Vega, Luis Colina Álvarez, Antonio de Cárcer, Julián Ruete Muniesa, Eulogio Aranguren Labairu, Manuel Emilio Suárez Marcelo, Pedro Escartín Morán, Luis Saura del Pan, José Plaza).

In the video produced by Real Madrid they ask "who is the team of the regime" and make a series of statements such as that "the Camp Nou was inaugurated by Franco's general minister, José Solís Ruiz", that "Barça awarded the gold and brilliant badge to Franco", which he named "honorary partner to Franco in 1965", who "decorated Franco three times", who "was saved three times from bankruptcy by three requalifications of Franco".

To what extent the Barça entity, after the Civil War, was a club dominated or kidnapped by the regime, and in which its directors were not members until the moment of being appointed. In fact, we must not forget that Josep Suñol, president of the club, was executed in 1936.

"With Franco, Madrid took 15 years to win the league and was dismantled in the Civil War, players killed, arrested and exiled, as the Santiago Bernabéu documentary recounts," the video says. These statements could be perfectly true, since the team that protected the regime in the first years after the Civil War was Atlético de Madrid, known at that time as Atlético Aviación.

it was not until the arrival of Santiago Bernabéu, in 1943
, when the regime and the aristocracy that accompanied it saw in Real Madrid a symbol to project. The creation of the European Cup by Bernabéu and Saporta, with the advantages acquired by the club during the first editions, and the signing of Di Stéfano, in which the Federation influenced decisively to the detriment of Barça, took the club to another dimension.

FreckBarca

Supports
Espanyol
Ultimately La Liga will end up the biggest losers in this saga. If both RM and Barca are implicated, what's there left in La Liga to watch?.
Espanyol of course!

Jokes aside, this is exactly what Barca wants. They are deflecting the blame. No other Spanish team is accused of paying Negreira. There is even a document from Negreira to Barca where he admits that Barca demanded that he worked for them exclusively so he couldnt give services to other third parties:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I am close to believing Niemans. But I’m just not quite there yet. Not enough randomly bold text. If it were more, I’d be convinced.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
I am close to believing Niemans. But I’m just not quite there yet. Not enough randomly bold text. If it were more, I’d be convinced.
You should not believe anyone, if you do you would simply be a brainwashed person. If you are interested in the subject, look for and contrast information. Then reflect and draw your own conclusions.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
You should not believe anyone, if you do you would simply be a brainwashed person. If you are interested in the subject, look for and contrast information. Then reflect and draw your own conclusions.
I disagree. There was no bold text at all in this post. Not convincing.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
What is the matter HTG, does the truth hurt you too?
You raise some great and concerning points. I’m now willing to change my whole believe system. Thank you for your convincing research and reasoning.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I think they have but it's just conclusions you don't like, hence your tirade this afternoon. You should go and lie down for a bit - and I'm being genuine here - it's worrying how much effort you're putting into this on the forum of an unrelated club.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Most of the referees' presidents have been either former partners or former directors of Real Madrid and have benefited. It has been considered the club of the current regime."

Those words are absolutely documented, since a total of ten (Alfonso Albéniz Jordana, Carlos Dieste Vega, Luis Colina Álvarez, Antonio de Cárcer, Julián Ruete Muniesa, Eulogio Aranguren Labairu, Manuel Emilio Suárez Marcelo, Pedro Escartín Morán, Luis Saura del Pan, José Plaza).

In the video produced by Real Madrid they ask "who is the team of the regime" and make a series of statements such as that "the Camp Nou was inaugurated by Franco's general minister, José Solís Ruiz", that "Barça awarded the gold and brilliant badge to Franco", which he named "honorary partner to Franco in 1965", who "decorated Franco three times", who "was saved three times from bankruptcy by three requalifications of Franco".

To what extent the Barça entity, after the Civil War, was a club dominated or kidnapped by the regime, and in which its directors were not members until the moment of being appointed. In fact, we must not forget that Josep Suñol, president of the club, was executed in 1936.
Most of Nieman's posts have been either nonsensical or completely inane, and have benefited no one. He has been considered the foremost poster damaging the current reputation of Barcelona on the entire internet."

Those words are absolutely documented, since a total of ten (Farty McFarterson, Gorf Bogchap, Mionel Lessi, Poop Guardiola, Definitely Real Person, Firstname Lastname, Not Nieman's Mom, Licka Madiq, Munchma Cuchi, Xavi Hernandez).

In the posts produced by Niemans they ask "why is cheating bad" and make a series of statements such as that "even if we cheated they did too a long time ago allegedly", that "gosh Laporta's scrotum tastes nice", who he named "the smartest man who ever lived on Planet Earth who has never lied once ever"

To what extent the Niemans entity, after the Very Obvious and Extremely Bad-Looking Cheating Scandal of Barcelona, was a person dominated or kidnapped by the Caf, and in which its brain cells were not members until the moment of being appointed. In fact, we must not forget that Nieman's last shred of dignity, was executed in 2023.

Niemans

Supports
Barcelona, Celta de Vigo
The Government of the Generalitat asks Madrid "to remove its manipulative video".

Manipulator!?! Impossible!! :lol:

Plaja's complaint left a long reflection: "I can tell you, on behalf of the Government, that the video that Real Madrid has disseminated is a manipulation of history so crude that it seems manual. It is an indecent 'fake news' and the worst thing is that it does not come from a particular user. The importance is not small coming from a football club with so many followers and with so much repercussion.

No, the video can't be a lie. How can it be a lie if it has billions of likes and retweets. No way.

Mr.Fantastic

Supports
Real Madrid
"With Franco, Madrid took 15 years to win the league and was dismantled in the Civil War, players killed, arrested and exiled, as the Santiago Bernabéu documentary recounts," the video says. These statements could be perfectly true, since the team that protected the regime in the first years after the Civil War was Atlético de Madrid, known at that time as Atlético Aviación.

it was not until the arrival of Santiago Bernabéu, in 1943
, when the regime and the aristocracy that accompanied it saw in Real Madrid a symbol to project. The creation of the European Cup by Bernabéu and Saporta, with the advantages acquired by the club during the first editions, and the signing of Di Stéfano, in which the Federation influenced decisively to the detriment of Barça, took the club to another dimension.
If i understand you correctly... First regime clubs were FC Barcelona and Atletico? Then Real Madrid?

Yakuza_devils

Espanyol of course!

Jokes aside, this is exactly what Barca wants. They are deflecting the blame. No other Spanish team is accused of paying Negreira. There is even a document from Negreira to Barca where he admits that Barca demanded that he worked for them exclusively so he couldnt give services to other third parties:

I don't follow La Liga closely. To me both Barca and RM have dodgy records. The Spanish government can even pay RM's debt with some dodgy land deal or something.

Having watched random matches of La Liga, one way or another, both RM and Barca always got preferential treatment from the referees. Maybe because they are the pillar of La Liga and without them there is nothing left in La Liga. It feels the same in Europe where referees give preferential treatment to them especially vs English sides.

Perez is no saint himself. I think he is also up to something. Perez and Laporta are both dodgy characters. Not sure why but now the target seems to be only Barca.

Note, all this is just my feeling based on nothing and I could be very wrong.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What's funny to me is that when Enriquez Negreira was interviewed by the tax agency, he specifically made the point that Barcelona hired him because they thought referees treated them unfairly and benefitted other clubs.

When Laporta comes out ranting against the 'regime's club' or Niemans writes long bolded post about some shit from 60 years ago, it just proves Enriquez Negreira's point: Barcelona FC and their supporters legitimately believe that things are being stolen from them through illegal means. Why should it surprise anyone, then, that they'd be willing to get their hands dirty in order to level the playing field?

Don't Kill Bill

I don't follow La Liga closely. To me both Barca and RM have dodgy records. The Spanish government can even pay RM's debt with some dodgy land deal or something.

Having watched random matches of La Liga, one way or another, both RM and Barca always got preferential treatment from the referees. Maybe because they are the pillar of La Liga and without them there is nothing left in La Liga. It feels the same in Europe where referees give preferential treatment to them especially vs English sides.

Perez is no saint himself. I think he is also up to something. Perez and Laporta are both dodgy characters. Not sure why but now the target seems to be only Barca.

Note, all this is just my feeling based on nothing and I could be very wrong.
It could be that Barca have just been caught paying 7 million euro's to the VP of referees. Tends to swing attention your way a bit if you do that.

Member 125398

Don't mention the war. Laporta mentioned it once but I think he got away with it.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Barca think Real are corrupt. Real think Barca are corrupt.

When will they both realize...?