Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

NLunited

We are!!
Actually Real Madrid has applied for and been granted the condition of prosecution in this process. The judge said every la Liga team in the last 20 years could also be part of the process as part of the prosecution, but only Real did it.

Atlético, on the other hand, has been very mild about this, almost protective of Barcelona
‚The enemy of my enemy is my friend.‘

caid

When Barcelona and Man City are found guilty of their cheating, bribery, match fixing, financial doping charges & corruption where will it leave Pep Guardiola’s legacy as a manager?
There wont be one, there'll be nothing left standing. Suppose Bayern record will still be there but the rumours of doping before and during his time at the club wont go unnoticed imo. Cant really give him the benefit of the doubt.

RedDevilQuebecois

The reason Madrid are not all in hammering Barca might be because they know they need Barca , in kind of a obscene way to make La Liga work. Otherwise it will just end up being like PSG and French league
Do you think Bayern Munich actually care about how Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig are doing? They already have dominated the Bundesliga with almost no true challenge for over a decade now. With the way they poach players away from their domestic rivals, that is the epitome of a one-horse league.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Where is that poster who said barca should have won every title since 2009?

ColvaleGoa

Do you think Bayern Munich actually care about how Borussia Dortmund and RB Leipzig are doing? They already have dominated the Bundesliga with almost no true challenge for over a decade now. With the way they poach players away from their domestic rivals, that is the epitome of a one-horse league.
But somewhere along the way German league suffers. Everyone knows Bayern are going to win the league. It's a fight for for CL places and domestic cups for others. Bayern don't care but maybe that's why the league is not as popular as PL or La Liga? City are kinda doing it here at the moment, but you know challengers will emerge soon. Do you see anyone challenging Bayern consistently?

My point being competition is good in the whole. Thus Barca - Real make la Liga.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Its very sad how the media acts as if their accusations and city's dont exist. There should be a constant shitstorm of questions about this issue at every possible turn. The fact that they go on talking about matches and titles while this is happening in the background is ridiculous. I can only imagine what the football world would look like if it were united instead.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
Genuinly funny to read some of the takes on this, but i can only assume that people are taking the piss.

I’ve received Nigerian scam emails that are less shady than Barcelona.

I haven’t bothered to look up any spanish Barcelona forums, if there are any, to see what their take is. However, I can only begin to imagine the magnitude of the shitstorm coming our way if we’d been paying Mike Riley similar amounts while he was the head of the refs in England, there would be stories just about every day with different takes on how badly we should be punished. If someone discovered we paid for a taxi home for one of the referees, we’d be fecked. In that sense it’s quite bizarre how little reporting there is on Barcelona.

If they, for some reason, were that desperate for Negreiras reports, they would’ve made him a hefty offer to quit his job and either work directly for Barcelona or as a consultant. The optics in a club paying someone in the referees committee is beyond bad, even if you actually had a good reason to do so you won’t do it because everyone is fully aware what it looks like. Bit like being married and when your missus is gone for the weekends you keep bringing over the same prostitute for the period she’s away, because she makes one hell of a lasagne and takes care of your laundry. Maybe she does, maybe it is that innocent, but you’re well aware what it looks like. Even if you wore a bodycam the entire time it’d be suspicious. Norways favourite meme politician, Bård Hoksrud, wanted a massage while on a study trip abroad, the stressfull life of a politician and all of that, and he just happened, purely accidental and innocent, to step into a brothel to get a massage. Completely innocent, obviously.

The same goes for the financial stuff and these magic loans that only Barcelona are able to achieve

Doubt it’ll have any real consequences.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
But somewhere along the way German league suffers. Everyone knows Bayern are going to win the league. It's a fight for for CL places and domestic cups for others. Bayern don't care but maybe that's why the league is not as popular as PL or La Liga? City are kinda doing it here at the moment, but you know challengers will emerge soon. Do you see anyone challenging Bayern consistently?

My point being competition is good in the whole. Thus Barca - Real make la Liga.
i agree. I think that PSG being a faild project is a result of lack of true comepetion in their league

Dr. StrangeHate

Quite a few Barcelona fans got banned for defending the racial abuse Vinicius is receiving, that was one of them.
It's a shame he was that kind of person, as his rants about Barca were great entertainment. It was like the peak RAWK poetry level rants.

eire-red

They're a detestable club these days, which is a shame because in the naughties watching Barcelona on a Sunday evening on Sky with the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho and Eto'o was a joy.

Now I wouldn't watch them unless it's against United or the Classico.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
That's not really about football.

The source, Villarejo, is an incredibly corrupt guy who had a firm that was spying and blackmailing people. One of the people he was ostensibly spying on was Perez, at the behest of the company Iberdrola. They've been feuding ever since; Iberdrola recently had a 73m lawsuit against Perez dismissed.

GeneralKenobi

Villarejo is saying Florentino bribed refs before Barcelona started bribing Negreira. But it is impossible if you analyze it.

The known and proved payments to Negreira start in 2001. Bertomeu acknowledged they started before, during the presidency of Núñez: 1978-2000.
Florentino became president of Real Madrid for the first time in 2000. The timeline doesn't fit.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I can't see how Socios.com involvement and investment is going to turn Barca Studios into a 400m valued company. It's some dodgy web3, NFT nonsense. They have an unpopular, poorly reviewed 'fan token' app.

Oranges038

At this stage who cares anymore, just like City.

Absolutely nothing will be done about it.

You can take that to the bank.

DevilsOwn

At this stage who cares anymore, just like City.

Absolutely nothing will be done about it.

You can take that to the bank.
We really do need a much more powerful governing body that ensures cheating scums like barca/city etc don't keep getting away without any repricurssion.

Oranges038

We really do need a much more powerful governing body that ensures cheating scums like barca/city etc don't keep getting away without any repricurssion.
It won't happen. Look at English referees now, going to UAE one week then failing to send a City player off the next. Same referee who is also known to be a Newcastle fan going to Saudi Arabia to referee games. It's just another blatant way of greasing the wheels.

I just look at how Italy dealt with Juve so quickly in comparison, it's clear Spain and England don't want their leagues to be embarassed by being known for having clubs cheating their way to success. People claim there's a vendetta against Juve in Italy, but they were caught cheating and were punished. They came back, cheated again and were punished again.

Whatever about their levers. Imagine, the greatest Barcelona side ever that won everything available under one of the greatest coaches ever, but it was all built on lies and corruption. They can't allow that to happen. Just like that blood doctor guy, it won't just be swept under a rug, it'll all be swept into a big pile and burned.

cyberman

So the investor admitted he never had any intention of buying Barca studios which points to the cheating cnuts lining up a phantom deal to get it on the books.
What happens now when they do sell it? Do they get to benefit from the deal twice?

NLunited

I’m genuinely scared of whatever repricurssion is. Must be some new horrible mode of torture.

RoyH1

So the investor admitted he never had any intention of buying Barca studios which points to the cheating cnuts lining up a phantom deal to get it on the books.
What happens now when they do sell it? Do they get to benefit from the deal twice?
Nothing. It's a pie in the sky fiction so that Barcelona could come under the threshold of financial guidelines marked by La Liga. It's never going to fetch the amount they said it went for.

More than a club. A criminal syndicate.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Quite a few Barcelona fans got banned for defending the racial abuse Vinicius is receiving, that was one of them.
Feck me. I saw something about Vini on a Facebook page like Goalsport or whatnot... it was ridiculous the amount of vitriol aimed at the player, things he like he brings it on himself and antagonizes the rival crowd.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
:lol:

IOU's we're good for it.
It is getting to the stage where you can see a Dumb and Dumber situation where when their crditors ask for the money back, Laporta pulls out a suitcase of post-it notes and says ' this is better than money, these are IOU's, we've tracked every cent, even those to the referees'.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
When Barcelona and Man City are found guilty of their cheating, bribery, match fixing, financial doping charges & corruption where will it leave Pep Guardiola’s legacy as a manager?
One of the reasons why City will never be found guilty (in any truly meaningful sense) of those things is Pep Guardiola.

The football authorities have zero interest in fecking with his legacy.

(It's bad for business.)

Last edited:

arthurka

It is getting to the stage where you can see a Dumb and Dumber situation where when their crditors ask for the money back, Laporta pulls out a suitcase of post-it notes and says ' this is better than money, these are IOU's, we've tracked every cent, even those to the referees'.
:lol:

Pretty much, it's farcical .

cyberman

El Mundo] Joan Laporta is charged with bribing the former vice-president of referees. The judge considers that the bribery investigation should be extended to the first presidency of the Barça leader.

Barcelona's Court of Instruction number 1 has indicted FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta on charges of bribery. In this way, he has been implicated in the so-called 'Negreira case' along with the former presidents of the club Sandro Rosell and Josep Maria Bartomeu, the former directors Oscar Grau and Albert Soler, as well as the former vice-president of the Technical Committee of Referees José María Enríquez Negreira and his son Javier.

A week ago, judge Joaquín Aguirre made it clear that there was "more than enough evidence that Laporta committed the same acts as the subsequent presidents. These facts consist of FC Barcelona having paid large sums of money to José María Enríquez Negreira because he was one of the vice-presidents of the Technical Committee of Referees of the Royal Spanish Football Federation".

For this reason, he criticised Laporta for urging the club's legal services to be a prosecutor in these proceedings because "it is unethical that someone who committed acts identical to those of subsequent presidents should try to appear in the case as a private prosecutor under the legal instrument of FC Barcelona, as if it were an abstract entity with an 'I' of its own that is alien to that of the club's directors".

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2023/10/18/652f79fefdddffbb0a8b4587.html

Oranges038

It's not looking good for them is it? Surely they'll be binned out of the CL for at least one year if guilty or possibly longer and they should face La Liga sanction as well given the gravity of the case if proven. Also on ESPN now.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/story/_/id/38685265/barca-president-charged-suspected-bribery-report
Everything they've won for whole period should be stripped from them and stricken from the record books and they should be relegated to the lowest division possible.