Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Tacitus56AD

Supports
Bayern Munich
Like stealing candy from a baby. Looked like our players felt bad for them even before their fans were taunting them. We won`t show any mercy at home with our fans behind us.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Eh. Once they get Ansu Fati, Dembele and Aguero back, we'll see what they're truly made of

They didn't defend badly until the 2-0, their midfield has pace and they can move the ball decently even against the bayern high press. Just a literal lack of available attackers meant they never stood chance tonight. And they went down to an unlucky goal too...

bosskeano

Koeman won't make it November before he is sacked and they bring in Xavi to replace him as manager

ericPSG

Supports
PSG
I don't speak Spanish and that graph makes no sense to me. Under "total" for example. 20/21 says 29,5 while 21/22 says 37,5, but all the numbers in the rows above are the exact same? :confused:
I don’t speak spanish either but there is 2 rows that change

The first one that seems to be the basic salary before bonus and it gains 1M every year.
And the loyalty bonus that start in year 3 and is 6,5 or 7M a year

Absurd contract like a lot others barca offered since the Neymar transfer

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Koeman won't make it November before he is sacked and they bring in Xavi to replace him as manager
Spent the last few weeks getting into spats with Laporta through the media.

Yeah, that seems likely, except for the part where barcelona might not have the money to sack him...

Hulksmash

Eh. Once they get Ansu Fati, Dembele and Aguero back, we'll see what they're truly made of

They didn't defend badly until the 2-0, their midfield has pace and they can move the ball decently even against the bayern high press. Just a literal lack of available attackers meant they never stood chance tonight. And they went down to an unlucky goal too...
That's on their pitch and Bayern second gear. Barcelona always struggle outside of camp Nou

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Xavi is smart enough to stay away from this mess until the finance of Barca stabilize. Koeman is doing them a favor to take the job to be honest.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, league games will give him some good-will again.
Nothing new, big teams dont have to perform well to grind out some wins against mid-table sides.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That's on their pitch and Bayern second gear. Barcelona always struggle outside of camp Nou
They started Luuk De Jong. His sub was Coutinho, just back from an injury

What can you expect

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I felt pretty uncomfortable seeing Koeman throwing the young lads under the bus, as if he realized midgame that Busquets and Sergi Roberto are no good for high level football anymore. There's an hypocrisy at Barcelona that they'll be able to rebuild the club with homegrown players : it won't be enough and they shouldn't be used as a bait for angry fans.

bosskeano

Xavi is smart enough to stay away from this mess until the finance of Barca stabilize. Koeman is doing them a favor to take the job to be honest.
both valid points.....still i think it would be tough for Xavi to turn it down if they really push for him to take the job

Honestly don't think anyone expected them to top this CL group ahead of Bayern but they'll easily qualify in this shit group

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Shadow of the team from 5 or 10 years ago.

Youth players will come through, eventually and club will recover. Mismanagement quite extreme though, could be 5 or even 10 years,

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
It's so sad that I don't know whether to make fun of them or offer them a hug.
Eh, would rather lose to Bayern than Young Boys
Not the day to start wars my friend, although I admire your bravery.I would probably be hiding under a rock

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
I felt pretty uncomfortable seeing Koeman throwing the young lads under the bus, as if he realized midgame that Busquets and Sergi Roberto are no good for high level football anymore. There's an hypocrisy at Barcelona that they'll be able to rebuild the club with homegrown players : it won't be enough and they shouldn't be used as a bait for angry fans.
He is not throwing anyone under the bus. They need to play. Period. Better 30 than 10 minutes. Besides, we don't have anything else, half of the team is injured.

Sergi Roberto has never been good for high level football. The only thing he did in his life was the 6-1 against you, and he is still living from that.

We have good prospects that need to play. And yes, we need them to be part of the future team. It is not like we can pump some oil and sign superstars year after year without incurring in debt. "La Masia" has always been the center of all Barça's successful teams. We will need to sign a few, obviously, but not homegrown players no party.

minimum 2-3 years until we have a possibility to compete in europe. it doesn't mean that we will, it means than less than that is literally a miracle.

Not the day to start wars my friend, although I admire your bravery.I would probably be hiding under a rock
the goal for this year is making top 4 and give minutes to young players. period. anything else is bullshit.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
the goal for this year is making top 4 and give minutes to young players. period. anything else is bullshit.
They are not the best team in the world but they have to aspire to more, especially to show more character at home. Koeman is there because they trust him or because they can't pay him if they fire him?
And actually I respect him a lot, a true culé who agreed to go with all the shit that was coming his way but perhaps his good intentions are not enough

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Nah, buddy if we are being honest it’s a rebuilding year I’d just be happy with a top 4 finish to be honest.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We have good prospects that need to play. And yes, we need them to be part of the future team. It is not like we can pump some oil and sign superstars year after year without incurring in debt. "La Masia" has always been the center of all Barça's successful teams. We will need to sign a few, obviously, but not homegrown players no party.
That's not true and it's a total bias because of the golden Messi/Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta generation. How many starting players from La Masia in the 1992 team? If I remember correctly, 2 (Guardiola and Ferrer). How many in 2006? 2, Puyol and Presas. La Masia wasn't the center of these teams, you just live in an illusion created by the fact that you had, at one point, the best generation of players any academy will ever see and a great coach. It's very confusing to see a Barcelona fan fall for that fiction. It was a total anomaly.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Nah, buddy if we are being honest it’s a rebuilding year I’d just be happy with a top 4 finish to be honest.
That rebuilding thing has never existed in Spanish football, and even less in Madrid or Barcelona. They are cheap excuses to justify failure.
Explain to the soci that this year does not count. You should demand, blame and point directly at the coach, veterans or president.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
How many years off being a top club again are they?

They're still the second biggest club in Spain after Madrid (Atlético)

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Their squad is thin and L. De Jong instead of Ansu Fati is a huge downgrade.

That being said, their goal should be top 4 our anyway and hope they don't lose Pedri/De Jong/Ansu etc before they can start to reinvest.

I'm hoping they'll stink it up so we can land Frenkie :devil:

That's not true and it's a total bias because of the golden Messi/Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta generation. How many starting players from La Masia in the 1992 team? If I remember correctly, 2 (Guardiola and Ferrer). How many in 2006? 2, Puyol and Presas. La Masia wasn't the center of these teams, you just live in an illusion created by the fact that you had, at one point, the best generation of players any academy will ever see and a great coach. It's very confusing to see a Barcelona fan fall for that dream.
Great post.

That La Masia side, our class of 92, Ajax 95 CL side, they're freak incidents that cannot be recreated or relied upon.

Barca putting in a bunch of academy kids now would be like what LVG did at United. Tyler Blackett, Paddy McNair, Thorpe, Love, Weir, Borthwick-Jackson... :nervous:

PeteManic

It'll be 20 years before they win the CL again. Club needs complete revamp from top to bottom and inside out.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
That's not true and it's a total bias because of the golden Messi/Busquets/Xavi/Iniesta generation. How many starting players from La Masia in the 1992 team? If I remember correctly, 2 (Guardiola and Ferrer). How many in 2006? 2, Puyol and Presas. La Masia wasn't the center of these teams, you just live in an illusion created by the fact that you had, at one point, the best generation of players any academy will ever see and a great coach. It's very confusing to see a Barcelona fan fall for that fiction. It was a total anomaly.
Talking from my memmory...
1992 amor guardiola ferrer as important players and a few subs (busquets' father among them).

2006 valdes, puyol, oleguer, xavi, iniesta, motta, messi.
Those were regulars in the lineup, but there were more subs

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Talking from my memmory...
1992 amor guardiola ferrer as important players and a few subs (busquets' father among them).

2006 valdes, puyol, oleguer, xavi, iniesta, motta, messi.
Those were regulars in the lineup, but there were more subs
Come on man, don't make me list the players that were actually at the center of these teams. The vast majority of them wasn't from La Masia. I'm not saying you won't be able to get 2 or 3 good young players (lets hope Fati ever recovers) but it would be delusionnal to think that La Masia will produce the backbone of a new Barcelona. There's always a huge hype around a lot of young players there (the last being Puig), and most of them don't live up to it, fans from Barcelona have been fed far too many tales about the academy (don't get me wrong, it's a great academy, probably the best, but as I said, the Guardiola generation was an anomaly).

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
That rebuilding thing has never existed in Spanish football, and even less in Madrid or Barcelona. They are cheap excuses to justify failure.
Explain to the soci that this year does not count. You should demand, blame and point directly at the coach, veterans or president.
I blame Barto, but what is done is done. Everything goes in cycles. We will get back. Laporta will get us in the right track but it will take some time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seriously, i was actually cheering them on eveytime they managed to do something right :lol:

This was beyond sad, it was pathetic. They're turning into arsenal

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
At this point it's expected for them to lose this type of games when they're playing away... it's group stages still so while I'm enjoying this I also think they aren't bad yet.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Wrong game, wrong time and the point being made is not that people stop watching when players retire.
Not really. It is an example of a generational talent brining worldwide focus to a club and a sport. Messi, in my opinion, has done the same for Barcelona and La Liga and I expect Barcelona are going to lose a significant number of these fans as they are fans of Messi, rather than Barcelona.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Serious question. What happens to Barca if they're knocked out of the group stage and fail to get top 4?

kingwaynerooney

Supports
United
Serious question. What happens to Barca if they're knocked out of the group stage and fail to get top 4?
What do you what happens? They play Europa. They will finish third at least. Big teams like united have been playing Europa.

If they fail out of top 4 I assume they will be spending big money this summer, and if they fail again they are doing a Leeds. I don't think they miss out on either though, round of 16 or top 4.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Serious answer: they sell Frenkie for a lot of money and then hope their academy kids can step up quickly. Maybe they sell Dembele as well if he resigns so they can have spending money

It won't happen anyways. Once they get the injured back they'll be good, enough for a comfortable top 4 finish. Benfica and Dinamo Kiev also aren't good enough to finish ahead of them either

Schneckerl

Serious answer: they sell Frenkie for a lot of money and then hope their academy kids can step up quickly. Maybe they sell Dembele as well if he resigns so they can have spending money
Not much leverage for the club here. If Barca wants to get rid of him, Dembele would be stupid to sign a new contract. He'll just wait until 2022 to become a free agent and will try to get a fat signing bonus somewhere.

Pep's Suit

I don't think Aguero will score more than 10+ LL+CL goals this season. He's genuinely finished.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Aguero is done. Dembele will play 3-4 games before getting injured again. Fati I hope becomes the talent he looks but who knows after his injuries.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
The group is weak enough for Barca to come in second and I just don’t see 4 teams in Spain being stronger then them over the whole season. So they will be playing CL again next season.

There won‘t be a fire sale and Bayern has developed into their bogey team anyways (3-0/4-0, 8-2, 3-0).

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
At this point it's expected for them to lose this type of games when they're playing away... it's group stages still so while I'm enjoying this I also think they aren't bad yet.
They were playing at home.