Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That's not the Barca ethos. They passed on peak Mourinho and most likely will pass on Conte. You have to play a certain way to coach at Barca. Conte doesn't do that.

I'll be quiet surprised if he's going to be their next manager.
Stuff your logic. I'm trying to induce panic here!

FatTails

They’re going to get ETH. They already have a solid midfield and a decent attack. Needs a couple of defenders plus replacing Busquets but there’s enough to work with.

Koeman has clearly mentally checked out a while ago and has been waiting for the sack.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Xavi or Ten Hag most likely. I think they're going to go with Xavi. They need some fresh ideas and someone to bring up the morale in that team. Ten Hag while good, don't think he's the perfect fit for them right now.

That's not the Barca ethos. They passed on peak Mourinho and most likely will pass on Conte. You have to play a certain way to coach at Barca. Conte doesn't do that.

I'll be quiet surprised if he's going to be their next manager.
Well, their board is as clueless as ours. Won't be surprised If they appoint Conte.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I wouldn't worry I can't see him going there. He'll still be available. They'll appoint some flavour of the month Spanish/South American coach or another ex Barca boy like Xavi. They never learn.
Marcelo Gallardo would be a great/smart move for them.

Pirlo'sBeard

Koeman sacked off the back of a game they should have won. Had plenty of chances and Depay missed a pen.

Yet we persist with Ole after a horrific 5-0 thrashing at home to our biggest rivals.

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
That's good to know.

What do you think about Ten Hag? Can he do a job at the current Barca?
he fits in terms of philosophy and management level, but he is too expensive and probably not easy to bring in the middle of the season. i think he would be great but i don't feel he is a possibility.
i don't think conte is a possibility neither and there are not top coaches available.
xavi is a different story. cheaper, he knows the place and it is been told that he could leave if barça came for him.

i think it is xavi or a random class b coach.

my guess is that laporta had conversations last few weeks to have some to rely on in case this happened, so i guess that we will have news soon. we will see.

FatTails

Yup. Barcelona have been very efficient here sacking him a whole 4 months after they first had meetings about sacking him.
To be fair, you and I both know that if it wasn’t for the financial situation they’re in, he’d be gone a long time ago.

Oranges038

Something about Ole. Something about the Glazers and the board. Something about coaches. Something else about some players.

Nothing about Koeman.

Think that just about covers it.

Pirlo'sBeard

Yup. Barcelona have been very efficient here sacking him a whole 4 months after they first had meetings about sacking him.
They clearly didn't have the finances or they would have pulled the trigger earlier. We do have the finances. Big difference.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Shit manager, correct decision.

That said, his management was far from the biggest problem at the club.

sukhy

I don't know if it's possible but if Xavi plays his cards right, he has "almost" a free shot at the rest of this season.
Build around the young players, give some good soundbites about DNA and pressing. Get those young players to run around like maniacs, and you'll have got the fans onside.

Caesar2290

Koeman as interim? :lol:
I want this to be true just for the meltdown. Imagine the scenes on CAF if this happens. :lol:

Gonna buy me some popcorn first
Stuff your logic. I'm trying to induce panic here!
Sorry mate, you're talking to the creator of the Ten Hag thread. So Conte is safe, he's not going anywhere. As matter of fact our board should give him as much time as possible. :devil:

Caesar2290

he fits in terms of philosophy and management level, but he is too expensive and probably not easy to bring in the middle of the season. i think he would be great but i don't feel he is a possibility.
i don't think conte is a possibility neither and there are not top coaches available.
xavi is a different story. cheaper, he knows the place and it is been told that he could leave if barça came for him.

i think it is xavi or a random class b coach.

my guess is that laporta had conversations last few weeks to have some to rely on in case this happened, so i guess that we will have news soon. we will see.
Thanks for your detailed reply. Cheers!

De Portago

Supports
Red Star
Odd. They didn’t have the finances. So what’s changed? If they’ve sacked him now they could have sacked him last week. It’s the same payout.
A hundred times this, it was obvious that when push comes to shove money will be found somewhere. It begs the question why'd they wait until now.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Koeman sacked off the back of a game they should have won. Had plenty of chances and Depay missed a pen.

Yet we persist with Ole after a horrific 5-0 thrashing at home to our biggest rivals.
Yeah, we should be more like Barca.

Blood Mage

Bizarre appointment in the first place, terrible manager. But then we can hardly say anything can we?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently Xavi is the more likely candidate to take as manager. Either way the team looks bad but it has the potential to do a lot better, Koeman was a dreadful appointment from the start to begin with but I surely enjoyed his time there. :lol:

Pirlo'sBeard

Odd. They didn’t have the finances. So what’s changed? If they’ve sacked him now they could have sacked him last week. It’s the same payout.
Yes. It's common knowledge they felt financially they couldn't sack Koeman as it'd inevitably further strain finances. What's changed is that Koeman's position became untenable tonight. The same way Ole's did on Sunday.

Also I imagine they worked something out with Xavi already

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Yes. It's common knowledge they felt financially they couldn't sack Koeman as it'd inevitably further strain finances. What's changed is that Koeman's position became untenable tonight. The same way Ole's did on Sunday.
Right. Results have got too bad. So it wasn’t actually about money it was ultimately about results. The results weren’t bad enough when they got thumped by benfica and Bayern. They’ve decided they are bad enough now. Thanks for proving my point.