Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Guess when they get in serious financial difficulties and relegated from their league or ‘doing a rangers’

I’m guessing 2 years

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Guess when they get in serious financial difficulties and relegated from their league or ‘doing a rangers’

I’m guessing 2 years
It's not gonna happen. We are, together with Madrid and United, top 3 in the world in followers.
If finanacial doping continues in the Premier League I do see Barca being sold to a millionaire though.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
It's not gonna happen. We are, together with Madrid and United, top 3 in the world in followers.
If finanacial doping continues in the Premier League I do see Barca being sold to a millionaire though.
Apart from City and Chelsea (that too a while back now) no other club is involved in financial doping.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Apart from City and Chelsea (that too a while back now) no other club is involved in financial doping.
Newcastle? Tottenham? I can't insert pictures because of the site rules but how can a team like Tottenham pay as much as they do?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Newcastle? Tottenham? I can't insert pictures because of the site rules but how can a team like Tottenham pay as much as they do?
There is no financial doing from Spurs. They grew organically and with good decision making.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Newcastle hasnt even spent that much money despite PIF backing. Spurs have debt because of stadium investment and not because of lavish transfer spending. I dont have exact number but if i remember correctly, FFP allows certain concessions on debt for infrastructure development and Spurs have always been a responsible club in terms of finances

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
There is no financial doing from Spurs. They grew organically and with good decision making.
I've seen United, Liverpool and Arsenal followers everywhere. I've been in a lot of countries in Asia, Europe and Latin América. So far I haven't met a spurs fan. How does a team that hasn't won any relevant title in decades get to spend as much as they do? I think even Aston Villa have won important thropies more recently than Tottenham.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
I've seen United, Liverpool and Arsenal followers everywhere. I've been in a lot of countries in Asia, Europe and Latin América. So far I haven't met a spurs fan. How does a team that hasn't won any relevant title in decades get to spend as much as they do? I think even Aston Villa have won important thropies more recently than Tottenham.
Sponsorships mostly.

I honestly doubt fans Worldwide produce that much income for clubs. Legit merch will go to stores and brands like Nike and Adidas before the club sees any of it. Not to mention the countless fakes. You guys should know, the most fake fans in the World wear Madrid and Barca shirts made by kids.

RVN1991

They benefit from having been decent in a league that is viewed worldwide? Wouldn't really call that doping though, Barcelona had the biggest wage bill in world football for years it's not like they were getting priced out of players in the market.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Sponsorships mostly.

I honestly doubt fans Worldwide produce that much income for clubs. Legit merch will go to stores and brands like Nike and Adidas before the club sees any of it. Not to mention the countless fakes. You guys should know, the most fake fans in the World wear Madrid and Barca shirts made by kids.
Tv rights from asia alone makes tickets and merch sales look like peanuts. There is a reason why preseason friendlies held there often.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
What needs to be looked at is whether Chelsea could’ve sustained their finances and position in the game without the artificial growth of a billionaire pumping money in and writing it off. The answer is they wouldn’t. And they aren’t financially stable because of how well run they are.

They really were in that debt. The circumstances and what may have happened aren’t really relevant. They spent way above their means. Way, way above.
I didn't say Chelsea as an entity was financially stable. What I was saying was that Chelsea were being funded as a investment vehicle for a Russian Billionaire for him to increase the value of his asset.

When Chelsea were brought in 2003 they were valued in a similar price category to Newcastle. In 2021 Newcastle were sold for £300m and Chelsea were sold for £3bn plus an obligation to invest £1.25bn in 2022. The reason for that discrepancy was due to the investment RA made as otherwise they would've largely been where they were as they didn't pull a Spurs or Arsenal a d improve their ground.

Now, were Chelsea screwed if RA pulled his funding and demanded it back with interest? Yes, absolutely.

However, he always said that the debt he was loading was going to be switched to equity, which is what he did. Therefore, Chelsea weren't ever really in debt, since it was the equivalent of a company selling shares to invest to increase their market value, rather than a company taking on debt which required interest payments. This type of arrangement also applies to City and PSG.

Barca are completely different. Barca are run as a members club who have taken on debt from financial institutions. At no point is their debt being switched to equity as they're a members club and the debt is linked to fixed/tracked interest rates that are underwritten in a different currency to what they earn in. If Barca cannot pay, the bailiffs get called. There is no option for them to switch the debt to shares sales.

That is a very big difference.

acnumber9

I didn't say Chelsea as an entity was financially stable. What I was saying was that Chelsea were being funded as a investment vehicle for a Russian Billionaire for him to increase the value of his asset.
We’ll that’s the point I was making when you responded to me. The notion that Chelsea are in the position they are in because of how smart they are is a fallacy. They are where they are because of a benefactor.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Kounde is a top 2 CB in the La Liga
This is absolutely untrue.
In his 3 years in La Liga he has never even been once in the top-15 players with the most blocks per 90 minutes, interceptions per 90 and successful tackles per 90. His teammate Diego Carlos has made those lists a few times.
https://www.fotmob.com/leagues/87/stats/season/15585/players/interception

In not one single defensive metric per 90 minutes is he in the top-10 in the last season.
https://fbref.com/en/comps/12/defense/La-Liga-Stats

led_scholes

I think some poster over estimate Barca and their squad. They were miles away from Frankfurt, let alone Bayer, just few months ago. Their biggest mistake for me it's Xavi. He seems like a guy stuck in the mid-late 00s. However, Pedri, Fati and Gabi are amazing talents, so even though the next few years are going to be bad in my opinion, there is still some light ahead for Barca.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Says lots. Mentions one.
You asked for one …..

How about Aston Villa. Taking over the world yet? How about QPR? They were gonna rule the world being backed by THE richest in the Mittal group. I didn’t particularly feel like writing a dissertation.

Money is great. But if you can’t acknowledged that the success of the structure and the leadership played a crucial role in growing the club, then you are very out of step.

Chelsea didn’t take that money, close their eyes and randomly hope we would get better.

And then I see in another post the whole “well
That’s what I mean, he was just trying to grow his asset”

1. as if it’s that simple

2. he donated the proceeds of the sale to Ukraine victims . So I’m sure that massive profit was a huge relief.

3. When he hired the Raine group, ALL of his instructions related to selecting a buyer revolved around how they would guide and invest in the club and the area surrounding the club, Not how much they were paying.

Money is all over the place. What you seem to have your nose out of joint about is the fact we had someone dedicated to making Chelsea a top side, Truly dedicated, not just with his checkbook.

And you probably don’t feel we deserve it or belong because somebody else played so n so in hard leather boots back in the 50’s or something.

“we ain’t got no history” right? Well, that’s a badge we wear with honor, because a large portion of the groups with “history” tend to be entitled knobs.

Loon

:lol:
Have they signed Kounde? Barcelona - The ramblings of a mad team....

I wonder if this club will go missing off its yacht in the future?

Angry Virginian

Supports
Tottenham
Spurs were stingy for years saving up to build a new stadium. Now that it is built and the debt has been long-term restructured, Spurs is spending. One unique thing about the stadium is that it is multi-purpose built. Two separate pitches so that it can host concerts, NFL games, seminars, etc and then can host a football match on an undisturbed pitch a couple of hours later. The events aspect of the stadium provides Spurs extra income to supplement their football operations.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Spurs were stingy for years saving up to build a new stadium. Now that it is built and the debt has been long-term restructured, Spurs is spending. One unique thing about the stadium is that it is multi-purpose built. Two separate pitches so that it can host concerts, NFL games, seminars, etc and then can host a football match on an undisturbed pitch a couple of hours later. The events aspect of the stadium provides Spurs extra income to supplement their football operations.
..and the cheese room!

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Awful top to bottom. Peaked under Rijkaard.
thanks for the thorough analysis hahaha

I think some poster over estimate Barca and their squad. They were miles away from Frankfurt, let alone Bayer, just few months ago. Their biggest mistake for me it's Xavi. He seems like a guy stuck in the mid-late 00s. However, Pedri, Fati and Gabi are amazing talents, so even though the next few years are going to be bad in my opinion, there is still some light ahead for Barca.
football changes quickly. barça was also inmensely superior to real madrid at bernabeu or against napoles.
bayern was destroyed by villarreal who will not play champions league next year.

kounde (if confirmed) is the most exciting signing considering the big issues we have in defense. best "signings" would be a healthy fati/pedri.

PD: i don't rate xavi too high, but i think he can make a decent job.

I’m guessing 2 years
situation was way, way, way worse 1 year ago. main barça issues (the ones that could put the existence of the club itself in danger) have been solved.

Revenge!!
revenge for exactly what?

it seems that you "forgot" to answer about the children abuse theme. what was that about realities/narrative?
are you going to bring more fake and untasty accusations into the table that chelsea actually committed of hiding children abuse was the last one?

acnumber9

You asked for one …..

How about Aston Villa. Taking over the world yet? How about QPR? They were gonna rule the world being backed by THE richest in the Mittal group. I didn’t particularly feel like writing a dissertation.

Money is great. But if you can’t acknowledged that the success of the structure and the leadership played a crucial role in growing the club, then you are very out of step.

Chelsea didn’t take that money, close their eyes and randomly hope we would get better.

And then I see in another post the whole “well
That’s what I mean, he was just trying to grow his asset”

1. as if it’s that simple

2. he donated the proceeds of the sale to Ukraine victims . So I’m sure that massive profit was a huge relief.

3. When he hired the Raine group, ALL of his instructions related to selecting a buyer revolved around how they would guide and invest in the club and the area surrounding the club, Not how much they were paying.

Money is all over the place. What you seem to have your nose out of joint about is the fact we had someone dedicated to making Chelsea a top side, Truly dedicated, not just with his checkbook.

And you probably don’t feel we deserve it or belong because somebody else played so n so in hard leather boots back in the 50’s or something.

“we ain’t got no history” right? Well, that’s a badge we wear with honor, because a large portion of the groups with “history” tend to be entitled knobs.
You said there were lots. I asked who they would be. Not sure where you read I asked for one.

None of those clubs spent to the extent Chelsea did. No amount of business savvy can have the same affect debt free loans do. You’re arguing against logic. Is it possible to waste money? Very easily. Does that mean Chelsea are where they are because they’re dead smart? No. Being smarter than the village idiot doesn’t make you smart.

The only thing I’m taking issue with is your assertion Chelsea are where they are because of how well run they are. They’re where they are because of Abramovich, no more, no less.

For somebody who doesn’t want to write dissertations you lose a lot of words to say ‘Chelsea are great and you’re just jealous’.

GinobiliTheGOAT

In his 3 years in La Liga he has never even been once in the top-15 players with the most blocks per 90 minutes, interceptions per 90 and successful tackles per 90. His teammate Diego Carlos has made those lists a few times.

In not one single defensive metric per 90 minutes is he in the top-10 in the last season.
These stats say otherwise:

https://laligaexpert.com/2021/11/11/la-liga-defenders-centre-backs/

https://www.footballtransfers.com/e...ules-kounde-no1-ranked-france-centre-back/amp

https:

//twitter.com/aivan_410/status/1549432222083686402?s=21&t=gUb41P2SmDkYNvF-YX8cHQ

https://www.sportskeeda.com/amp/football/la-liga-top-5-defenders-2021-kounde-alaba

I mean absolute worst case he’s been a top 3 CB in la liga if you really want to get technical and anyone who consistently watches la liga wouldn’t argue with that.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
We’ll that’s the point I was making when you responded to me. The notion that Chelsea are in the position they are in because of how smart they are is a fallacy. They are where they are because of a benefactor.
Sorry, if I misinterpreted what you said, I may have got mixed up as there are people saying that Barca's debt is not an issue as Chelsea had higher dent; however that isn't true due to the way the obtained their finance/the way the debt was structured.

Kounde is quite overrated. I agree.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Van Dijk is in bottom 2-3 percentage for most defensive stats except aerial duels. For CB, stats are least important, at least the ones that are available for public.

roseguy64

Neto and Mingueza can leave in the next few hours. Barcelona will try to sell or give the freedom card to several players.
The stupidity that Bartomeu has created cannot be undone in a day.

P.Torre can be a great player in a short time.
Barcelona are negotiating for Alberto Moleiro as well, although he will be on loan in Las Palmas, as pedri was done.
Explain the freedom letter thing. I think Barcelona did this last summer to a player?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If we had a poll right now, would Liverpool still be the most hated club by United supporters on here?
Arsenal, City, Liverpool, Barca with equal venom for me.
Next tier PSG, Real Madrid, Leeds, Chelsea.

Hawks2008

It's unreal how much pull they have. Top players falling over themselves to join and others snubbing better teams to join them. They're literally telling FDJ to feck off while withholding millions from him and he still wants to stay.

All while being clearly second best in their own league and maybe the only club to be as badly run as we have been.

Dr. StrangeHate

Probably LDJ when he gets all those deferred wages.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

When Chelsea were brought in 2003 they were valued in a similar price category to Newcastle. In 2021 Newcastle were sold for £300m and Chelsea were sold for £3bn plus an obligation to invest £1.25bn in 2022. The reason for that discrepancy was due to the investment RA made as otherwise they would've largely been where they were as they didn't pull a Spurs or Arsenal a d improve their ground.

Now, were Chelsea screwed if RA pulled his funding and demanded it back with interest? Yes, absolutely.

However, he always said that the debt he was loading was going to be switched to equity, which is what he did. Therefore, Chelsea weren't ever really in debt, since it was the equivalent of a company selling shares to invest to increase their market value, rather than a company taking on debt which required interest payments. This type of arrangement also applies to City and PSG.

Barca are completely different. Barca are run as a members club who have taken on debt from financial institutions. At no point is their debt being switched to equity as they're a members club and the debt is linked to fixed/tracked interest rates that are underwritten in a different currency to what they earn in. If Barca cannot pay, the bailiffs get called. There is no option for them to switch the debt to shares sales.

That is a very big difference.
You need to pin this -- its a very good explanation of the various clubs and their financial situations. I bet my left testicle that this will come up again and people making wrong assumptions. The situation in

Ceteris paribus, Barca is in the worst quadrant of a financial model matrix but somehow the Barca fans don't seem to get it.

OK_computer

Supports
Real Madrid
Short term did they did a good job, but I just can't see them compete with Madrid in the future. Real's finances are much better plus the renovated Santiago Bernabeu should be done in about a year which will bring a lot of extra revenue. Barca's team is good right now, I think they might win la liga and go far in CL.