Barcelona offices raided by police - Bartomeu arrested?

OleBoiii

Morgan Freeman voice: "I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Lionel Messi ever got the best of him."

RUCK4444

Morgan Freeman voice: "I'd like to think that the last thing that went through his head, other than that bullet, was to wonder how the hell Lionel Messi ever got the best of him."
In fairness Messi’s exit from the club could be described as crawling through a mile long stretch of shite.

Let’s hope the pipe doesn’t lead him to Man City’s council house.

cafecillos

I wish you happiness, my friend. Hopefully this happen more often.
Nah, but it's definitely good news for the club that this board full of criminals (looks more and more like) is going to pay for their crimes, corruption and destruction of the club.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Nah, but it's definitely good news for the club that this board full of criminals (looks more and more like) is going to pay for their crimes, corruption and destruction of the club.
Is it a surprise that it's essentially Rosell's boys? In 2010 Rosell was elected president and Bartomeu served as his vice president, in hindsight that small group has been dodgy from day one, Rosell has already been jailed and the others may follow his lead.

cafecillos

Is it a surprise that it's essentially Rosell's boys? In 2010 Rosell was elected president and Bartomeu served as his vice president, in hindsight that small group has been dodgy from day one, Rosell has already been jailed and the others may follow his lead.
Not in the slightest. Personally, I've been angered and embarrassed by this board for years, and the reelection of that bunch was a particularly tough pill to swallow. Fans/club members ownership is not without huge risks and even downright fiascos.

Sara125

Am I missing something? Where is the crime? I am aware that releasing the contract details was strategically done to make the players, particularly Messi, look greedy or whatever but unless the numbers were falsified surely that’s not actually a crime? Besides, isn’t the point of a PR team to clean up a company’s (in this case football club) image, I’m not seeing where players were slandered in the process...

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Am I missing something? Where is the crime? I am aware that releasing the contract details was strategically done to make the players, particularly Messi, look greedy or whatever but unless the numbers were falsified surely that’s not actually a crime? Besides, isn’t the point of a PR team to clean up a company’s (in this case football club) image, I’m not seeing where players were slandered in the process...
The "crime" part in this is that apparently club funds were used and in a way that indicates malicious intent (hiding the purpose from the board etc.).
It should also be noted that the targets of this attack were member (employees) of the club and in service of Bartomeu himself. This isn't just using a PR firm to bolster the image of your company, it's attacking political rivals within that company.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The "crime" part in this is that apparently club funds were used and in a way that indicates malicious intent (hiding the purpose from the board etc.).
It should also be noted that the targets of this attack were member (employees) of the club and in service of Bartomeu himself. This isn't just using a PR firm to bolster the image of your company, it's attacking political rivals within that company.
Is it criminal in Spain, doing this within private entity?

Teja

Is that really illegal? Grounds for termination from the company probably, but cops and jail time? At that rate, everyone who falsifies an expense report goes to jail.

IANAL etc. wonder what lawyers think if there are any floating about.

Seems more like a powerplay than anything else and he'll be released in a bit.

OmarUnited4ever

Yikes, this is really awful for a club such as Barca, huge club with huge following, mismanaged so badly that the authorities had to investigate what's goin on and raid their offices and arrest former directors.