Barcelona to sue Neymar over move to Paris St-Germain

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Is that true? If it is, he is going to be the first million/week player.
He can get a million a week and a 5 year contract.. easily.. And it'd still be less than his release clause of 300m.
I'd love to see Messi in the Prem, even if he plays for a rival club.

Would be tons more interesting than Neymar take the piss out of players far beneath him too.

prateik

@prateik
Well if he has a year left he can sign a pre contract agreement in January with another club
I know that.. Didn't realise he was in his last year. Do Barca have an option to extend? if not, how did they let it get to this stage? Madness.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I know that.. Didn't realise he was in his last year. Do Barca have an option to extend? if not, how did they let it get to this stage? Madness.
Because Messi wants it like that.

fretless

I really don't understand all the hate toward Barca on this.

If we had a player sign a new contract with a massive signing bonus only to take the money and sign for another club a few months later we'd be seriously peeved too.

Neymar and his father are in it for the money but if you keep screwing over employers they will eventually fight back with legal means.

Ish

Lights on for Luke

If we had a player sign a new contract with a massive signing bonus only to take the money and sign for another club a few months later we'd be seriously peeved too.

Neymar and his father are in it for the money but if you keep screwing over employers they will eventually fight back with legal means.
Well, a bit stupid on barcas side if they paid loyalty or retention bonuses upfront, without clauses in the contract to protect them over a "loyal or retention" period. You don't get sympathy for incompetence imo. And if Neymar didn't break his contract, what can you do.

But that's a big if, as I don't know the full story.

wr8_utd

:'(

This. They paid the dad 23m for a new deal and he buys it out in 8 months? Any club would be pissed but because everyone on here hates Barca, they're too blinded to see that.

Ishdalar

Supports
Barcelona
@prateik
Well if he has a year left he can sign a pre contract agreement in January with another club
Guys, this goes deeper than that.

What Barcelona did with Ney, we do it with all our stars, in Messi's case (a contract yet to sign) it would take a huge upfront payment (maybe +40M?) to balance his wages to our wage limits, that means with a 300M release clause (in the contract he almost signed already) he gets a huge upfront payment and he doesn't need to stay at the club to collect a big part of a long contract, now come next summer I think plenty of teams could reach those 300M (United, City, Real and maybe even Chelsea, Milan and PSG, who knows) and Messi would get another sign bonus with them.

This opens the door to huge paydays if you're a Barcelona star player that gets gifted a big % of your total wages right as you sign it. This doesn't only work with Messi, Pique, Busquets, Suarez and every player that joined us in the future would be getting the same kind of payments, so this basically destroys one of the management pillars of this board

hubbuh

No one comes out of this with any respect.

I don't know if such a situation could even happen at Utd (lack of release clause means we can always reject?), but for some reason I have confidence that under EdWood Woodward this sort of thing wouldn't happen. All that to say the Barca board seem strikingly incompetent at the moment and it makes me all the more grateful for the Woodman.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
So Barca pay the guy a signing on bonus, 8 months later he sods off to PSG. Barca are looking to recoup that bonus plus damages and interest. Both parties must have been privy to the content of the contract so Barca must have accepted the possibililty of the release clause being met. Can only conclude that unless Barca are completely stupid the bonus will be linked to being loyal to the contract and that if Neymar leaves then there's a clause that stipulates the bonus should be returned.

Not sure how 'damages' should come into it.

LARulz

Barcelona have absolutely humiliated themselves this summer

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Lol Barcelona are becoming highly embarrassing. This was the best run club five years ago. Now, shambles over one transfer.
Xavi and Co made them looked well run. They're terrible in transfer and now that the talent from the academy isn't producing non-stop world beaters, their shit is being exposed.

Pace Abuser

This is not a move by Neymar team, this has been done with all our important players to accommodate wages

The problem is, this was bound to happen and basically Neymar was the best bet to reach this situation, I'm not specially savvy financially and yet...

Thanks for that explanation. Nonetheless, their strategy has after all been exploited by Neymar's team which is what I suspected. That's why Barca are fuming. I guess you could say Neymar broke a good faith agreement which is bad practise and it screwed Barca. But..hey-ho.

JPRouve

Scout
Xavi and Co made them looked well run. They're terrible in transfer and now that the talent from the academy isn't producing non-stop world beaters, their shit is being exposed.
It's not the same board though, the previous one with Laporta was more sensible.

predator

Youth NITK
Barca need to let it go. They are better than this. They still have the best player to have ever kicked a ball at their disposal as well as arguably the greatest striker in the world. The board is not doing a good job at saving themselves from even more humility.

JPRouve

Scout
They still made shit transfers and the only reason it didn't cost them was due to how good their starting 11 was at that time.
I don't really follow you, are you saying that Barcelona were particularly bad at transfer and got saved by academy players they didn't purchase?

And this starting eleven was mainly purchased: Valdes-Oleguer-Marquez-Puyol-Van Bronkhorst-Edmilson-Deco-Van Bommel-Giuly-Ronaldinho-Eto'o.

JG3001

People have little sympathy for Barca because they have been doing this to other clubs best players for years, they're trying to do it now with Coutinho.

They get their own players to tap em up personally, put media pressure on (look back to Fabregas at Arsenal, Suarez at Liverpool) and eventually force the situation to get their man.

Seems they genuinely can't handle a taste of their own medicine. They should just let it go, they have £200mil to play with, they're just going to have to invest heavily.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
This. They paid the dad 23m for a new deal and he buys it out in 8 months? Any club would be pissed but because everyone on here hates Barca, they're too blinded to see that.
Pissed maybe, go to court over what looks like naivety? Doubt it.

They shove the "more than a club" crap down everyone's throats which (understandably) other fans don't like? Then they lose one of their top players and cry like babies, conveniently forgetting how they bought Neymar in the first place .... cough (huge/dodgy payments to Dad?) cough.

The media bought into the no sponsor/tika taka/best team ever crap and put them on a pedestal. Human nature says the moment they fell, people would pile on.... well they're falling now and I imagine a lot of people (and not just Real fans) are going to enjoy it.

Mindhunter

They were idiots to set a £200 million pounds buyout clause in the contract. Even after paying him that kind of money as the signing on bonus.

There is no point going to court for this because this is only going to bring out all the other skeletons they have safety hidden in their closet. I am fully expecting a counter case and a can of worms being opened.

Woodzy

Throwing their toys out their pram because they can't get their own way anymore.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
The bonuses that he would be eligible for the duration of the contract or just for renewing?
It was considered a loyalty bonus, I'm not sure of the exact terminology but it was tied to staying until 2021 - this is what the board want rescinded

MJJ

It was considered a loyalty bonus, I'm not sure of the exact terminology but it was tied to staying until 2021 - this is what the board want rescinded
Ahh, you guys are in the right here then. That's akin to stealing by Neymar if he isn't returning the money.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
So why don't we have a loyalty bonus paid in.... 2021?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Ahh, you guys are in the right here then. That's akin to stealing by Neymar if he isn't returning the money.
Plus, apparently Neymar signed a pre-contract with PSG in June and didn't rescind his contract his contract with Barcelona until early August to try & trigger another 26 million bonus to his Dad

We need an rvn

Please, help me understand.

Barcelona offers money for him to sign a contract.

He signs the contract and received the money.

Barcelona puts a low buyout clause for the caliber of that player.

Some club full of money pays the buyout clause and offers lots of money

Neymar accepts and goes away

Barcelona want the money they offered for him to sign the contract that he signed?
You're talking way too much sense to be in this forum - leave and bring back the newbie forum until you talk more BS. But no doubt FC Barca will put you right in all of those points made as the more and more I read on the matter Barca are right to sue a player for agreeing and wanting to go to a club that matched his buy-out clause (and let's not bring up the discussion about the farce of the spanish FA for trying to refuse the money or anything like that).

But annoyingly, and I mean this as I really like Barca, Real Madrid are coming out as the better club at the moment with CL wins / Champions and not losing their star players. Would much rather this had happened to Real and them