Bardsley

k-standred

Healthy, safe and neutered
Gotta feel sorry for the lad, not really put a foot wrong and having to sit on the bench watching O'Shea have two of the worst performances I've seen from a United full back for many years.

What's the lad done wrong?

ManUtdRed

Seriously, O'Shea is denting Bardsleys' development.

I'd rather see Bardsley there versus Chelsea. At least he shows passion, heart and commitment. Just what we need in our defense. Not some fat, lanky Irishman.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
ManUtdRed said:

I'd rather see Bardsley there versus Chelsea. At least he shows passion, heart and commitment. Just what we need in our defense. Not some fat, lanky Irishman.
And alongside that ability, OShea has pulled of the biggest con job in football history.

Richter

Hairy big footed Swede
Mozza said:
And alongside that ability, OShea has pulled of the biggest con job in football history.
Yes he can't live on the other players anymore now when they are performing shit aswell.

heightmassive

Anagram of Peter Crouch
L.S. Lowry, Albert Finney, Vinegar Vera, Ben Kings
ManUtdRed said:

Agreed with that, O'Shea is likely to get raped on Sunday, Bardsley is inexperienced but he'll at least put a strong tackle in.

I'm afraid we're going to have to do what we did to Arsenal a couple of years ago when pip Neville had a blinder, sad but true.

Whiteside

Bardsley should have played - but I think fergy envisaged a real response from the lads with attacking footy and fullbacks crossing. This is not Bardsleys strong point. Truth is if he played tonight tho we may have drawn

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
Whiteside said:
Bardsley should have played - but I think fergy envisaged a real response from the lads with attacking footy and fullbacks crossing. This is not Bardsleys strong point. Truth is if he played tonight tho we may have drawn
Its not O'Hoofs strength either, wed do no worse for Bardsley firing them in.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Same thing with Silvestre ... he was absolutely fecking piss poor last night. He gave away almost every throw in and couldn't get rid of the ball or distribute it when he was on it.

Scanny

"O'Shea is likely to get raped on Sunday" :rolleyes:

This term has become more frequent lately and to be honest I wish it hadn't. O'Shea isn't going to be 'raped' on Sunday. He'll be utterly outplayed and made to look like the donkey he is but not 'raped'. It's offensive to use the term quite frankly. :nono:

On a positive note - Bardsley - in my opinion one of the saving graces of this miserable season. It's good to know that we can still produce payers of quality - a shame he's got such piss poor play around him at the moment.

redmanc

The majority had a bad game not just O'shea. At the start of the season everyone was praising him now they're slating him, make your minds up.

However i am in agreement just lately he's played very poorly and i would much prefer to see Bardsley in the team anyday and definitly v Chelski. Bardsley will go a long way with united i reckon, you can already tell he knows what it means to wear the shirt when he throws a tackle in.

Cockney Red

There is no comparison, Bards is performances have been way above those of JOS this season. Fergie needs his head testing.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Bardsley is an average talent, fairly good in defending (low EPL club level) hopeless when moving forward with the ball.

devilish

redmanc said:
and still young and will continue improving
At a big club this player would be usually loaned to gain some first team experience.

I hope that we do that and not rely on him at such an early stage to see him ending up being a cnut before he had actually done something useful to this club.

Keilyn27

who's the bigger muppet - ostrich or chicken littl
At least Bardsley has sufficient pace and the energy to get forward, his delivery should improve with more games.

O'Shea playing was unsurprising tbh, it's evident we favour our squad players over emerging youngsters, it was the same with Spector last season. He couldn't get a look-in ahead of O'Shea and Fortune at LB despite performing better.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
devilish said:
At a big club this player would be usually loaned to gain some first team experience.

I hope that we do that and not rely on him at such an early stage to see him ending up being a cnut before he had actually done something useful to this club.
Thats not always true, he is solid defensively so we wont suffer for his presence in the team, there no better place to gain experiance then with us.

Scanny

SAF was a hell of a lot braver with the kids of the early 90s. He seems to have lost his bottle a bit when it comes to bringing through our kids now. Unless of course he's wearing his rose tinted Fletcher spectacles :wenger:
I agree with Keane that we need a January clear out to hopefully shake things up a bit in the comfort zone some of our players are in

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
John O'Shea

Lets just think about John for a minute..........

1. He is playing very poorly and nowhere near his form of the first year..
2. If he can play to that level for a season.....then he has the ability
3. If he has the ability ....then why is he not showing it?

So let's discuss lack of application not lack of ability!!!!!

Why is JOS not performing in the way we know he can?

I don't know the answers/reasons......but here are some thoughts

1. He has not had a proper break since he came into the side 3 seasons ago....he is still young and needs a spell in the reserves
2. When he wasn't playing last season, he was either recovering from a knock or sitting on the bench.....he didn't play any reserve football to keep him match fit and tuned
3. His playing partners have not exactly helped him out this season.....both Rio and Mickel have been equally poor......with Neville out....who is doing all the organising....talking.....ENCOURAGING?
4. He has played all across the back four and in midfield.....he never had a settled position last season......how can you get any form when you are not allowed to get any consistency......
5. You wouldn't put seasoned professional like Gray Neville at left-back or in midfield...or Heinze in midfield or right-back....so how in the hell can you expect a relatively inexperienced player to cope???????
6. Young players find it hard to deal with criticism......there has been a lot of poor performances recently....but certain sections have picked on the likes of John.......
7. If we replace JOS, are we suddenly going to win games again?.......there is a lot more wrong with our team than John's performances....

Finally......yes he is playing poorly and needs a rest..but anyone on this site who refers to United players as 'O'Shite' etc is not sharing a structured criticism or suggesting any solution....expressing your frustration or negativity is fine with me......but reverting to petty name calling.....is that all you can come up with?????..it's not even funny!!!

Please grow up!!!!

Mr. MUJAC

devilish said:
Bardsley is an average talent, fairly good in defending (low EPL club level) hopeless when moving forward with the ball.
So was Gary Neville and Denis Irwin when they were 20 years old!!!!

They did OK with a little time and experience......

Oh!.....and by the way......when a young defender makes a breakthrough.....I'd hope that he gets his PRIMARY job done first.....that is defending.....before trying to be a winger....

Bardo has done OK....give him time....

devilish

Mozza said:
Thats not always true, he is solid defensively so we wont suffer for his presence in the team, there no better place to gain experiance then with us.
Its not whether he is good enough or not. Its about mentality. A homegrown talent whom at 19 - 20 had already made it at a club at Manchester United level tend to become big headed. Its dangerous because once they becomes like that it would become very difficult for them to keep on improving.

EZee

devilish said:
Its not whether he is good enough or not. Its about mentality. A homegrown talent whom at 19 - 20 had already made it at a club at Manchester United level tend to become big headed. Its dangerous because once they becomes like that it would become very difficult for them to keep on improving.
:rolleyes: What like Giggs?

Scanny

devilish said:
Like Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt, G Nev & P Nev?

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
devilish said:
It did not hurt Gazza, he we will be fine.

devilish

Scanny said:
Like Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt, G Nev & P Nev?
In my opinion Butt and Phil Nev had never fullfilled their full potential

while Giggs and Scholes are world class articles.

I apologise for using the phrase "big headed" as i feel its a bit too extreme but I do believe that we are exposing young talent far too early. I believe that a youth would do better and appreceate the honor of playing with us more if he is allowed to develop his skills and make him struggle a bit more before giving him a first team cap. Playing with Manchester United should be considered a unique occasion, a target which you have to sweat blood if you want to reach it. Thats the only way you have so that players wont end up spoiled. I am sorry but nowadays I feel that any average talent who know how to tackle and pass the ball straight has a good chance of playing with us. Thats not good. You should be really good to play for a club like ours thats the standards which we should set.

Scanny

Both P Nev and Butt were more than half decent though. And since when did players get a 'first team cap'?
If we followed your line of thinking we wouldn't be giving anyone debuts before they were 21!
If you're good enough it doesn't matter what age you are - Rooney being a prime example

devilish

Scanny said:
Both P Nev and Butt were more than half decent though. And since when did players get a 'first team cap'?
If we followed your line of thinking we wouldn't be giving anyone debuts before they were 21!
If you're good enough it doesn't matter what age you are - Rooney being a prime example
Apart from the very good players yes, they would have to wait, wait and learn. Thats the only way we have to implement in our youth players some pride towards the sacred shirt. Its been too easy for them.

AgentSquirrel

I've been trying to figure out what has happened to O'Shea and the only thing I can come up with is the Blanc factor. Yes, Blanc was past it when he played for us, but a player with that much experience and class must have been a great mentor for an up and coming defender. O'Shea played his best football when Blanc was in the team with him. Is that a coincidence?

Mr. MUJAC

devilish said:
In my opinion Butt and Phil Nev had never fullfilled their full potential

while Giggs and Scholes are world class articles.

I apologise for using the phrase "big headed" as i feel its a bit too extreme but I do believe that we are exposing young talent far too early. I believe that a youth would do better and appreceate the honor of playing with us more if he is allowed to develop his skills and make him struggle a bit more before giving him a first team cap. Playing with Manchester United should be considered a unique occasion, a target which you have to sweat blood if you want to reach it. Thats the only way you have so that players wont end up spoiled. I am sorry but nowadays I feel that any average talent who know how to tackle and pass the ball straight has a good chance of playing with us. Thats not good. You should be really good to play for a club like ours thats the standards which we should set.

I'm with Scanny on this one......if you are good enough then you are old enough......but lets define 'good'...in my mind

1. Has the technical skills
2. Has the positional skills
3. Has the temperament

So if someone in the youth team does NOT possess these qualities then they are not good enough.....if they do...age is irrelevant.....

Edwards 16
Best, Whiteside, Giggs 17
Any number of 18 year olds

If they meet the criteria then they deserve a chance......learning how to play for the shirt, the honour...etc etc....shit!!!!

Bardsley has supported United since he was a boy.....he was brought up in Salford into a United family...he has dreamt of playing for United all his life......he doesn't need to learn anything else......

But here is the important point....in order to progress ONCE you have started to establish yourself....when you make the first team you need leaders to teach you on the pitch and in training......Robbo did it....Steve Bruce did it..and Eric Cantona did it......

Where are the teachers at United? The kids cannot continue their education in the reserves....they need it at first team level.....and SLAGGING THEM OFF IS NOT EDUCATION!!!!!!!

Aparently RvN is giving personal coaching to Rossi......makes sense

What's Keane doing???????????????????????????????
What are some of the other senior players doing?????????

If Phil Neville and Nicky Butt didn't make it at our club..it was beacuse

1. As the quality of the squad got better.....they couldn't keep up
2. Their education stopped
3. or maybe...just maybe....they hit 'burn out' from just too much football

Think about this last point....Scholes is going through the same thing.....even Raul at Real Madrid has gone through this after making his debut at 17

Mr. MUJAC

AgentSquirrel said:
I've been trying to figure out what has happened to O'Shea and the only thing I can come up with is the Blanc factor. Yes, Blanc was past it when he played for us, but a player with that much experience and class must have been a great mentor for an up and coming defender. O'Shea played his best football when Blanc was in the team with him. Is that a coincidence?
Absolutely brilliant post......

.....he was being taught and educated on the pitch....who is helping him now.......poor bugger!!!

Now he is a scapegoat for the slaggers!!!!

Who is helping Bardo, Fletcher, Richardson........I can't see it!!!!

Steve Bruce and Robbo did this all the time...particularly with Lee Sharpe and Ryan Giggs.....

Some of our senior pro's need a long hard look in the mirror!!!!!

devilish

Tony if a player is really thaaaat good (Giggs, Edwards etc) then ok you break in the first team. On the other hand you must agree with me that players like Giggs and co are rare, and Fletcher, Bardsley etc are no Giggs and Edwards. They are just average players which may end up being good utility players but will never (or at least it would be extremely difficult) be legends. Why involve them at such age? Wouldnt it be better to loan them (not keeping them in the reserves mind) at other EPL sides where they have to work hard and not be pampered from day 1 as any great player at a big club is? Remember that egos do no good for a young player's development.

devilish

AgentSquirrel said:
You cannot keep on playing players which are well past it just for O Shea to learn + while we value the youth academy and its importance we must understand that we are a football team not a kindergarden. A player must be good to play with us.

Reflectorboy

Future friend of the first team
TonyPark said:
Lets just think about John for a minute..........

1. He is playing very poorly and nowhere near his form of the first year..
2. If he can play to that level for a season.....then he has the ability
3. If he has the ability ....then why is he not showing it?

So let's discuss lack of application not lack of ability!!!!!

Why is JOS not performing in the way we know he can?

I don't know the answers/reasons......but here are some thoughts

1. He has not had a proper break since he came into the side 3 seasons ago....he is still young and needs a spell in the reserves
2. When he wasn't playing last season, he was either recovering from a knock or sitting on the bench.....he didn't play any reserve football to keep him match fit and tuned
3. His playing partners have not exactly helped him out this season.....both Rio and Mickel have been equally poor......with Neville out....who is doing all the organising....talking.....ENCOURAGING?
4. He has played all across the back four and in midfield.....he never had a settled position last season......how can you get any form when you are not allowed to get any consistency......
5. You wouldn't put seasoned professional like Gray Neville at left-back or in midfield...or Heinze in midfield or right-back....so how in the hell can you expect a relatively inexperienced player to cope???????
6. Young players find it hard to deal with criticism......there has been a lot of poor performances recently....but certain sections have picked on the likes of John.......
7. If we replace JOS, are we suddenly going to win games again?.......there is a lot more wrong with our team than John's performances....

Finally......yes he is playing poorly and needs a rest..but anyone on this site who refers to United players as 'O'Shite' etc is not sharing a structured criticism or suggesting any solution....expressing your frustration or negativity is fine with me......but reverting to petty name calling.....is that all you can come up with?????..it's not even funny!!!

Please grow up!!!!
O'shite...shoot me