Television Barry

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Watched this all over the last few months. It was great, but I'm surprised to see there's gonna be another season. Thought it ended pretty perfectly.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
It is a very well written and acted shows. But now I am not sure what to make of the overall arc though. May be it is just me who is jaded of countless drama and dramedies with an unlikable or an anti-hero protagonist. I like that they don't establish too much sympathy for Barry and present his actions but I don't really care for any of the characters on the show at all which makes watching it tough.
3 seasons in, and this is how I feel about it too. Big fan of Bill Hader, Stephen Root and Henry Winkler, but there's not a likeable character in the whole show, except for maybe Noho.

It's very well put together, and its a very aesthetically pleasing show for the most part. I kinda like how it goes a bit bizarre out of nowhere, like the episode in S2 where he goes after Ronny who turns out to be a taekwondo champion, the bit where he fights the daughter is kinda Kill Bill-esque, and it comes right out of the blue. It still feels like it's missing something though, but I don't know what.

macheda14

Watched this all over the last few months. It was great, but I'm surprised to see there's gonna be another season. Thought it ended pretty perfectly.
The next season will be the last one so we would hope they have a great idea to close it all up.

nimic

something nice
Scout
The new season is fantastic. This is better than Succession. I mean, it always was, but it probably needs saying since Succession has been so good lately.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
The new season is fantastic. This is better than Succession. I mean, it always was, but it probably needs saying since Succession has been so good lately.
Didn't realise there was a new season - why didn't you say earlier

acnumber9

It’s a comedy without jokes and Bill Hader has the dramatic acting skills of a potato.

Wing Attack Plan R

It is a very well written and acted shows. But now I am not sure what to make of the overall arc though. May be it is just me who is jaded of countless drama and dramedies with an unlikable or an anti-hero protagonist. I like that they don't establish too much sympathy for Barry and present his actions but I don't really care for any of the characters on the show at all which makes watching it tough.

jm99

This week's was a very good episode. Going forward I can see Barry working either with the other chechens against hank or he gets Hank's forgiveness by helping him against the other chechens. There's got to be a reason they've come back in as a threat and with barry on the run now he's going to need help from a criminal organisation to stay free

cafecillos

Not sure how I feel about the show, I enjoy watching it and it certainly has some strengths, but sometimes the tone seems all over the place for me. It's possibly intended to be so, but I'm still undecided as to whether it fully works on this show.

jm99

Not sure how I feel about the show, I enjoy watching it and it certainly has some strengths, but sometimes the tone seems all over the place for me. It's possibly intended to be so, but I'm still undecided as to whether it fully works on this show.
I did prefer the first two seasons, I thought the shift in Barry from trying to be a better person to stone cold psycho in season 3 was just so sudden. I think this season has been a bit better than last one so far, not that 3 was awful it just, as you said, changed tone so suddenly, like watching a different show

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it’s a very odd show. Latest ep was up there as the weirdest.

Idxomer

The show was more contained before Barry was exposed, the last two seasons have been very wobbly.

wr8_utd

:'(
HBO having Succession and Barry to air back to back is almost unfairly good.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Decent episode. Hank was great.

Finale next. Feels like it’s been muddling for a while really.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
"It's their heads."

"We don't know that yet."

:lol:

That and the RPG scene. I fecking love Hank. I love how this show can go from incredibly dark to slapstick.

wr8_utd

:'(
HBO had some combo running there.

Farewell to one of the best TV characters from the last few years.

Really struggle to see how they'll replace Succession + Barry for Sunday nights. Big shoes to fill!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought it was a decent finale. Barry’s “oh, wow” :lol: