Bart Verbruggen | Signs for Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Don't know how true, but it's been reported about him being available for £10m with Kompany wanting him at Burnley. But that fee could possibly increase if United want him.
I hope when he sacks these incompetent fools and can get people that can get worthwhile for teams not to rip us off. We should be getting the same price that was set for Burnley and that would be for two reasons: 1. bigger clubs will try to sign their bigger talents in the future which will allow them to increase the value of the player. 2. we can offer a good relationship with them to sell or loan players.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
No harm buying if it’s not too expensive, say 10-20 mil. Backup for a year or so. But he must perform in training and the odd games he’s given. Low risk signing.

Abraxas

If this guy is ticking all the boxes from a keeping perspective, at least for a young one, it would make so much more sense than spunking 60 million on a fella from Porto. Anderlecht are probably a club you can deal sensibly with.

He has the face of a keeper that could be good.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And, it costs a nothing fee, 15mil or something, right?
It was reported that he was available for £10m before United's interest.

The stats look good from the piece linked below. He seems to be a very well rounded keeper at 20 years of age.

He mainly likes to play short passes to break through pressure, understand passing angles well. Some data below from wyscout

Passes Attempted/Completed

0-20m: 116/113= 97.4% 20-30m: 98/96= 96% 30-40m: 74/66= 89% 40m+: 134/74= 55%

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1657058127609491460

He's described as a very well rounded keeper who is strong at all facets of goalkeeping for his age. The only weakness described in the above article is him being over eager to claim crosses. I think we could live with that.

The only thing we now need to find out is if he can dominate the play outside of his area by sweeping up like Schmeichel demonstrates in the clip below.

Last edited:

city-puma

It was reported that he was available for £10m before United's interest.

The stats look good from the piece linked below. He seems to be a very well rounded keeper at 20 years of age.

He mainly likes to play short passes to break through pressure, understand passing angles well. Some data below from wyscout

Passes Attempted/Completed

0-20m: 116/113= 97.4% 20-30m: 98/96= 96% 30-40m: 74/66= 89% 40m+: 134/74= 55%

https://en.rattibha.com/thread/1657058127609491460

He's described as a very well rounded keeper who is strong at all facets of goalkeeping for his age. The only weakness described in the above article is him being over eager to claim claim crosses. I think we could live with that.

The only thing we now need to find out is if he can dominate the play outside of his area by sweeping up like Schmeichel demonstrates in the clip below.

:lol: I am thinking everyone knows how proactively Schmeichel played until I actually clicked and watched the video you attached. :lol:The young guy has some really good stats playing passes. If the fee is around or below 15mil, I will be very frustrated if we don’t go for it. Many of the really good GKs have been found and took from the less competitive leagues. Huge transfer fee doesn’t necessarily guarantee a successful one. I will goto youtube to watch this guy’s highlights, and see if he is able to create a passing opportunity comfortably.

dinostar77

No harm buying if it’s not too expensive, say 10-20 mil. Backup for a year or so. But he must perform in training and the odd games he’s given. Low risk signing.
I think his is a reasonable approach, give him some game time, see how he does. If de gea then does leave in summer of 2024 or 2025, spend big on a top sweeper-keeper. Or maybe you wouldnt have to as this lad steps up to the plate.

Thnk its worth the risk. Recall fergie saying he regretted not buying peter cech when he was a teenager amd sometimes with keepers you have to take that punt.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could mean we are actually going for Costa
Or it could mean that we have waited for Burnley to set a price for us so we don't pay the United tax, and get a major prospect for 13m.

L1nk

I would feel like if we actually are interested - and it's not just been paper talk - then you'd have to think we'd be favourites

croadyman

I noticed on his whoscored (know not always a true picture) it says one of his weaknesses is catching crosses.

L1nk

I noticed on his whoscored (know not always a true picture) it says one of his weaknesses is catching crosses.
His fbref says he’s in the 94th percentile of stopping crosses, i would say whoscored have it backwards if that is the case

L1nk

What's his distribution like compared to Costa
I’d say he’s better than De Gea particularly at the short game but as the above poster says he has some way to match Costa but then he has time to do so whilst he is still young

croadyman

I’d say he’s better than De Gea particularly at the short game but as the above poster says he has some way to match Costa but then he has time to do so whilst he is still young
Sounds like he is more commanding than DDG

Lemoor

His fbref says he’s in the 94th percentile of stopping crosses, i would say whoscored have it backwards if that is the case
It's just based on 600 minutes in conference league, fbref doesn't track belgian league.

L1nk

Either way we're going to see something on this guy soon regardless

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers

Either way we're going to see something on this guy soon regardless
…United are considering putting a proposal together…

Orange Tree

Can't believe we're not in for him. If it didn't work out, we still have De Gea. This is kind of a cheap signing that we can afford to get wrong.

Last edited:

Idxomer

The De Gea presence is hampering us once again, renewing him is a bad idea even if we are bringing in some competition for him.

The Glazers' dithering is reflected in all of the club's decisions. De Gea has been at the club for 12 years, just let him go and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.