Bastian Schweinsteiger | Exit Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He is only 31, so I doubt that.
I somehow can't imagine him at a 'lesser' club in one of the big european leagues or at the top predators of shit leagues like Turkey, let alone MLS or China.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I think he is out.

Perils of buying class players at the end of their careers...

dogwithabone

I loved it when we brought him but was well pissed off when he suddenly got himself fit for the Euros - cynical ? Maybe but it was a kick in the teeth to United I felt.

mayonnaise

Please turn out to be bs, he still has a lot to offer....Didn't see him in any of the training footage so it doesn't look good :nervous:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think we'll struggle to get rid. High risk for anyone to take his wages on with his injury record.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I think we'll struggle to get rid. High risk for anyone to take his wages on with his injury record.
We'll have to pay at least half his wages wherever he goes, and money well-spent it will be too.
LvG's most obedient and most negative, football-destroying disciple.
Now let's get back to being United again.

C'est Moi Cantona

Would be sad to see him go, even sadder if it turns out we have to pay for him to go as some suggest.

Brophs

The One and Only
Just make the cnut pay for all of the cakes he's eating in the canteen and we'll break even.

Ban

We'll have to pay at least half his wages wherever he goes, and money well-spent it will be too.
LvG's most obedient and most negative, football-destroying disciple.
Now let's get back to being United again.
Wait what?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I wouldn't put too much value on that article. They're citing the Daily Mail, which has been running with this story that is plucked from nothing. It's been published in at least a couple of incarnations already today, the first of which cited their own report as a source. The list of players we're getting rid of also seems to be getting bigger. We'll probably be getting rid of 15 players tomorrow and by Friday next week Mourinho would have told Pogba, Zlatan and Mkhitaryan that they're not part of his plans for the season.

Of course, we could well be looking to offload Schweinsteiger - it's not like he's shone in his time here so far and he isn't getting any younger - but I'd take anything the Daily Mail says with a generous portion of salt.

Jacko21

At this point in time, I wouldn't be gutted to see him go - which is a measure of how my opinion has changed since his arrival. I mean, who'd a thought Schweinsteiger would ever be a Manchester United player?! Bastian Schweinsteiger. Maybe his heart is still in Munich/Germany. We all saw the affection in which he is still held at the Euros. Maybe the club haven't lived up to his expectations or the appeal has waned. It certainly doesn't feel like he's embraced the challenge.

It'd be nice for a player of his stature to see the true Manchester United. And be a part of a title-winning Manchester United.

luke511

How do you think our centre midfield looking like this would work out?

Schneiderlein
Bastian ---------- Pogba

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
How do you think our centre midfield looking like this would work out?

Schweinsteiger
TFM--------Pogba
He needs to play as DM behind the two and in that role he is our best midfielder by a distance. I would love to see this....

luke511

He needs to play as DM behind the two and in that role he is our best midfielder by a distance. I would love to see this....
TFM instead of Herrera? He hasn't had a game in our first team midfield yet, so to think about starting him in an advanced role is a bit too extreme at the moment, especially when we've only seen him play a few times at RB.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
TFM instead of Herrera? He hasn't had a game in our first team midfield yet, so to think about starting him in an advanced role is a bit too extreme at the moment, especially when we've only seen him play a few times at RB.
With Pogba and Basti in there you need a physical monster that is also very good defensively(defensive b2b), Herrera cant play that. Nobody in our squad cant except Mensah.

redshaw

Would be sad to see him go. He could be useful if he's okay playing when needed, also our midfield isn't that strong around Pogba. I had Morgan down as Pogba's support player months ago but I don't see him as 100% coming through as a mainstay. Carrick, Morgan Basti, Herrera might be in-out a lot. I think Basti if fit can be good for us.

Shame we haven't seen the good of Basti, likewise he came to United in strange time and probably not impressed with us either.

Under Moyes and Lvg, we've amassed a weird collection players in my view.

PepsiCola

Would be very disappointed to see him go.

Showed in the euros he's still classy player. Could be a level above our current midfield offerings when fit.

But the reported outgoings (although loans) of CBJ and TFM make me doubt the report.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Doubt that, we've replaced him by now.
Yes, it's true. I'm not saying you have the need for him, but he's a legend at your club and this entire signing for another club would have left him thinking a bench place in bayern is better than playing for PSG or some other club. I'm just saying that if he expresses a willingness, I can see your club signing him.

Footyislife

Got to hurt when you lose out to Fellaini for a spot on the team. Get the overpaid, washed up legend off the books and make way for the new star. Father time is kind to no one.

Giggs86

He hasn't played his part just yet. Feel he still got a lot to offer. Hopefully Mourinho will get the best out of him.

NotQuiteManc

I think we can all agree most of the players didn't perform to their (potential) best during LvG's reign. Especially the supposed experienced players, compared to the raw young talents like Rashford, and to certain extent, Martial - being new to the team, league and probably language and culture. I feel like we should give him at least this season to show what he really got and with different, new players around him to make it happen as well.

Martial Ibrahimovic Mkhirtaryan
Pogba Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger

Pretty awesome, if you ask me. Just need to sort out the defence now, probably add one experienced head in the center, once Pogba is officially in, and the market is "open" as per Mou.

Status
Not open for further replies.