Bastoni

He has apparently posted on his Instagram story with the caption: "Flying to London", plus an image of himself and Ivan Perisic with the caption: "Good luck brate."

Maybe he's just coming to London for a break. Still, it'd be a good opportunity for his mate to show him around the Spurs stadium and training centre. Who knows.

He has apparently posted on his Instagram story with the caption: "Flying to London", plus an image of himself and Ivan Perisic with the caption: "Good luck brate."
Italy are playing Argentina at Wembley tomorrow so probably nothing to read into at this stage.

If you are right footed CB and a fast winger takes you on your left side. You will most likely have to go to ground to tackle him with your right foot whereas a left footed CB would be able to stop him with a left footed tackle without going to ground.
Wingers are quite different as they like to cut inside and shoot with their best foot. Which is why they prefer to play on opposite wings.

Sergio Ramos, VVD, Vidic, Stam etc etc. Left or right foot it doesn’t matter when you are a quality player.

The footedness is arguably more important for playing out from the back as it helps a defender open their body up to play passes but even then it’s not critical.

There is an offer from Tottenham but Bastioni is not interested.

Inter are trying to convince Bastioni to accept and maybe with that money they can bring back Lukaku on loan, Bremer for 25 mln, Dybala for free, we’ll see soon before 30th june.

Inter are trying to convince Bastioni to accept and maybe with that money they can bring back Lukaku on loan, Bremer for 25 mln, Dybala for free, we’ll see soon before 30th june.

Di Maria

That would leave them with six strikers for two positions.

Selling Lautaro (who doesn’t want to leave either) would make a lot more sense if they’re bringing in Dybala and Lukaku.

What makes you think he isn't interested? He loves Conte and I don't think there is an issue with him leaving other than Inter is his boyhood club. A lot of the stuff in the papers is from Inter trying to placate their supporters but I fully expect him to be a Spurs player.

What makes you think he isn't interested? He loves Conte and I don't think there is an issue with him leaving other than Inter is his boyhood club. A lot of the stuff in the papers is from Inter trying to placate their supporters but I fully expect him to be a Spurs player.

Earlier in this thread you said you'd be amazed if we managed to get him - what's changed your mind?

No doubt Inter will convince him to move for huge money, play shit for his new club and force a loan move back in a year.

His agents said he wants to remain as far as I know

Would be a great signing and super partnership with Romero

Ball playing CB tall and fast

The way the story is progressing makes me feel a lot more confident than I was

I guess the fact this transfer pursuit/story seems to be persisting gives me some room for hope, because I suppose it means that the player has not given an absolute flat "no", whilst Inter seem interested in reaching a deal.

His agents said he wants to remain as far as I know

Would be a great signing and super partnership with Romero

Ball playing CB tall and fast

He has, but he's also said that Bastoni "is also a professional and has to adjust" to the market.

He will be a great addition to any team but especially Spurs. But I don’t think miser Levy will sanction such a purchase. They will probably get Lenglet on loan from
Barcelona.

He will be a great addition to any team but especially Spurs. But I don’t think miser Levy will sanction such a purchase. They will probably get Lenglet on loan from
Barcelona.

Levy has recently spent around £1 billion on building our new stadium and training centre ... how's that for being a "miser"?

Money isn't the issue with Bastoni - Spurs have at least £150m net to spend this summer if they wish. The issue is whether Bastoni is willing to leave Italy and Inter.

Last edited:
If he is truly available, United and Chelsea are missing a trick if they don’t get involved given they both need a player of that profile. He may have a good relationship with Conte but money always talks louder. If United or Chelsea offer him 200k per week and Spurs 120k, he will go to one of the former two.

He actually seems like a particularly good fit for Chelsea given they play three at the back and have other Italian players.

Probably the only CB I'd take over Timber. Really exciting talent and left-footed.

User our name by all means Inter, you've helped us out a tonne recently in transfers.

I suspect it’s getting done already wothand now Spurs gets to say they got one over us.

This is a no go. Guy is a childhood inter fan. Italians are hard enough to extract as it.

Who was the last person we signed from Serie A??

I'm sceptical about this ... unless Inter really need to the money (which is possible) and have told him they want to sell. And even then, I'm still sceptical.

I'm calling it, Bastoni to Inter on a 2 year loan with an option to buy next summer.

Bastoni's representative, after meeting with the club, announces: "He will definitely stay at Inter."

Bastoni's agent: "Bastoni is certainly staying at Inter. He has a contract and he is happy here. Not a problem"