Gaming Battlefield 1 | Caf PSN group started

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Officially in development...

Article source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-team-begins-shift-to-battlef/1100-6433075/

Development director Dan Vanderlind wrote on his Twitter account that "a part" of the Battlefront development team will continue to work on the Star Wars shooter, likely in terms of online support and post-release content. The remainder of the team will be moved onto other tasks, and Vanderlind himself is switching focus to Battlefield 5.

He said: "Now that we've shipped Battlefront and a part of the team continues to work on it, I am moving on to another project, the next Battlefield."

The next mainline Battlefield game was first announced in October 2014, and at the time was scheduled for release in fall 2016. Publisher EA has already confirmed the game would return to military-style roots.

In a 2013 interview, DICE producer Patrick Bach teased the project, saying that it will offer "more features. More extras. More destruction."

Star Wars Battlefront shipped in November to a mixed response from critics. GameSpot's Battlefront review described the multiplayer-focused shooter as "an exercise in pure spectacle, laid out in all of its neon glory."

In March EA also published the spinoff Battlefield Hardline, which takes the series on more of a police and heists theme. The game also shipped to mixed responses, and several months later became the latest game given away for free to EA Access members.

Battlefield 4, which was the previous mainline game in the series, launched in 2013 and it was plagued by bugs and glitches. The game's fortunes have turned around somewhat, as it continues to see millions of players every day, some two years after launch.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
They gotta pump them out and make them slightly worse with each title.
That is true of Hardline for sure, but BF4 was a great improvement on BF3, and BF3 was an amazing game in itself, just not quite up there with BF2. Battlefront is decent enough and great fun, but I can't wait to get back to some serious squad based annihilation and destruction. BF4 is a truly sensational game and put the series even further ahead of COD in terms of realism, tactics, diversity and of course choc full of vehicles too. It was like the old days of BF2 being the serious game and COD being more a pick up and play straight shoot em up game, the difference being back then COD was great so you had two games to flick between.

Hardline and Battlefront are more COD style games, and both superior to any of the recent COD instalments, I think the disappointment of recent COD games maybe made BF developers try something a little different.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I can't wait to buy all the DLC's :drool:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I think almost everyone would have preferred a new 2142 :(

One of the best games in the franchise and they never replicated it for consoles or followed it up. :( Such a shame as it was such an amazing game.
So its confirmed that they're not working on a 2143? :(

NinjaZombie

World War 2 please. D-Day / Battle of the Bulge with the new engine would be amazing. None of this futuristic crap please.
I remember a time when everyone was sick and tired of World War games.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
World War 2 please. D-Day / Battle of the Bulge with the new engine would be amazing. None of this futuristic crap please.
Yep - totally agree.

Something more realistic, unforgiving, so requiring more planning, rather than running & gunning. I would like there to be a much stronger feeling of battle lines being established, and less a case of players seeming to be randomly scattered across the map.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I remember a time when everyone was sick and tired of World War games.
True, but I think we have gone too far the other way. No harm with futuristic shooters, but the problem is every game tries to adopt those elements - rocket packs in COD, for example.

Mojo_

its more fun being a feeder
Excellent news. Still playing BF4 after what, 2 years? This one will be purely designed for the current consoles too so I expect a lot of good things.

FC Ronaldo

Nail on the head.

If they move quickly on it too, the lack of current gen WW shooters may act as a niche to pull in all of the COD fan base that were lost in the futuristic pushes.

Only problems would be limited flight options within the mp experience.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I thought the futuristic battlefield was utter dross, if we're not having it set in the present or near, believable future, then ww2 is the best bet.

mlclauhk

Only problems would be limited flight options within the mp experience.
Manual dog fights without the auto targetting (Spitfires vs Messerschmitts) would be a lot of fun I think! They could add in a couple heavy bombers for certain maps and maybe some of those end-of-war jets that the Nazis had under development!

FC Ronaldo

The folks at EA have been pretty reliable in the sense that every year, it’s almost a guarantee that we will get a new Battlefield title. In fact the developers at DICE have confirmed that a new Battlefield game is in the works for 2016, and we guess the next question is, what can we expect from Battlefield 5?

In the past Battlefield titles have been largely military inspired, save for last year’s Battlefield Hardline that introduced a more urban setting and kind of put players in the role of police and robber, but what about this year? Turns out that this year’s Battlefield could be more historic and be set in World War I, at least according to German retailer World of Games.

The retailer had originally listed the title as “Mehrspieler Taktik Shooter im 1. Weltkrieg”, which translated roughly stands for “Multiplayer tactical shooter in WW1”. The listing also revealed the game’s release as set for the 26th of October, 2016. That being said, the listing has since been updated and now it just says multiplayer tactical shooter, but the release date has been maintained as the 26th of October.

Neither EA nor DICE have confirmed the game’s release so it is possible that the retailer might simply be speculating, albeit a rather specific date. Its release in October also makes it more than a year since Hardline was released. In any case take it with a grain of salt, but how do you guys feel about a Battlefield title set in World War I?

langster

Scout
Personally I am upset because I really wanted a sequel to BF 2142, and especially since the last DLC pack for BF4 was set at the factories that made the Titan's and Walkers from 2142, and included the futuristic rail gun, I thought that it was a hint that's what it was going to be. However, I am sure it will be fine whatever the theme is. BF 1942 was amazing and every single BF game has been excellent except Hardline that I still enjoyed, and have gone back to recently as the new DLC updates are outstanding and great fun, but admittedly, it's still the weakest of the BF series.

Kaos

World War 1? Unless they go all steampunk with it I can't see that being particularly exciting.

NinjaZombie

Man, after all the little nods to the Titans in the BF4 DLCs, I was hoping it'd be 2143.

Maybe they decided that after Titanfall and Advanced Warfare, 2143 might be too played out already. Pity.

langster

Scout
Man, after all the little nods to the Titans in the BF4 DLCs, I was hoping it'd be 2143.

Maybe they decided that after Titanfall and Advanced Warfare, 2143 might be too played out already. Pity.
Yeah, I said the same, but I didn't play Titanfall so can't comment, but AW was a complete and utter pile of shit, obviously a completely different game and shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath as 2142. Black Ops III followed a similar theme and was just as bad. 2142 was exceptional.

NinjaZombie

Yeah, I said the same, but I didn't play Titanfall so can't comment, but AW was a complete and utter pile of shit, obviously a completely different game and shouldn't even be uttered in the same breath as 2142. Black Ops III followed a similar theme and was just as bad. 2142 was exceptional.

Some of my memorable BF moments came from 2142. Running away from Titans, knifing someone while in the invisibily cloak and of course jumping out of exploding Titans after an intense firefight in it.

I've never played Titanfall and AW but I know I enjoyed 2142 and would want to see a modern reiteration of it.

NinjaZombie

A nice 1800's based shooter would be fun. Shoot. Press buttons in right order to reload. Shoot. Press buttons in right order to reload. Etc etc etc
No chance will that be for EA's Battlefield.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Can't wait to see this.

Would prefer WWII to WWI, but so long as it keeps a realistic edge to it then I am good. Had enough of the futuristic trend that COD etc is going in. Ideally want a FPS version of Saving Private Ryan / Band of Brothers / Pacific.

WWI is certainly less diverse than WWII, but I think it has enough to be compelling. I actually think the planes will be well suited to this type of game - slower speeds, closer action.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
I think they have to go with something more grounded, EA have Titanfall 2 as their futuristic shooter and Star Wars Battlefront as their Sci-Fi one so you'd think (hope) it makes good business sense to have Battlefield in either present day or the past, with the past being more likely as the last two Battlefield games have been set in current times which leaves Vietnam, WWI and WWII either of which might be enough to get me interested in it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I think they have to go with something more grounded, EA have Titanfall 2 as their futuristic shooter and Star Wars Battlefront as their Sci-Fi one so you'd think (hope) it makes good business sense to have Battlefield in either present day or the past, with the past being more likely as the last two Battlefield games have been set in current times which leaves Vietnam, WWI and WWII either of which might be enough to get me interested in it.
Not to mention that if they have even a half competent research team, they will know that most gamers are a bit sick of futuristic shooters now.

arthurka

I truly hope this will be an old school war not some future crap ... Looking forward to this and hope they include coop and multiplayer on split screen..

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
There's a pretty cool theory on Reddit that the story campaign will follow Henry Tandey, the British WWI soldier who allegedly spared Hitler's life during a chance meeting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Tandey

Hitler incident[edit]
Although disputed, Adolf Hitler and Tandey allegedly encountered each other at the French village of Marcoing. The story is set on 28 September 1918, while Tandey was serving with the 5th Duke of Wellington's Regiment, and relates that a weary German soldier wandered into Tandey's line of fire. The enemy soldier was wounded and did not even attempt to raise his own rifle. Tandey chose not to shoot. The German soldier saw him lower his rifle and nodded his thanks before wandering off. That soldier is purported to have been Adolf Hitler.[8][9][10] The author David Johnson, who wrote a book on Henry Tandey,[11] believes this story was an urban myth.[12]

Hitler apparently saw a newspaper report about Tandey being awarded the VC (in October 1918, whilst serving with the 5th Battalion Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment), recognized him, and kept the clipping.[10]

In 1937, Hitler was made aware of a particular Fortunino Matania painting[13] by Dr Otto Schwend, a member of his staff. Schwend had been a medical officer during the First Battle of Ypres in 1914. He had been sent a copy of the painting by a Lieutenant Colonel Earle in 1936. Earle had been treated by Schwend in a medical post at the Menin Crossroads and they remained in touch after the war.[14]

The painting was commissioned by the Green Howards Regiment from the Italian artist in 1923, showing a soldier purported to be Tandey carrying a wounded man at the Kruiseke Crossroads in 1918, northwest of Menin. The painting was made from a sketch, provided to Matania, by the regiment, based on an actual event at that crossroads. A building shown behind Tandey in the painting belonged to the Van Den Broucke family, who were presented with a copy of the painting by the Green Howard's Regiment.[15]

Schwend obtained a large photo of the painting. Captain Weidemann, Hitler's adjutant, wrote the following response:

"I beg to acknowledge your friendly gift which has been sent to Berlin through the good offices of Dr. Schwend. The Führer is naturally very interested in things connected with his own war experiences, and he was obviously moved when I showed him the photograph and explained the thought which you had in causing it to be sent to him. He was obviously moved when I showed him the picture. He has directed me to send you his best thanks for your friendly gift which is so rich in memories."

Apparently Hitler identified the soldier carrying the wounded man as Tandey from the photo of him in the newspaper clipping he had obtained in 1918.[16]

In 1938, when Neville Chamberlain visited Hitler at his alpine retreat, the Berghof, for the discussions that led to the Munich Agreement, he noticed the painting and asked about it. Hitler replied:

"That man came so near to killing me that I thought I should never see Germany again; Providence saved me from such devilishly accurate fire as those English boys were aiming at us."[17]

According to the story, Hitler asked Chamberlain to convey his best wishes and gratitude to Tandey. Chamberlain promised to phone Tandey in person on his return, which apparently he did. The Cadbury Research Centre, which holds copies of Chamberlain's papers and diaries, has no references relating to Tandey from the records of the 1938 meeting.[18][19] The story further states that the phone was answered by a nine-year-old child called William Whateley.[20] William was related to Tandey's wife Edith. However, Tandey at that time lived at 22 Cope Street, Coventry, and worked for the Triumph Motor Company. According to the company records, they only had three phone lines, none of which was at Tandey's address. British Telecommunications archive records also have no telephones registered to that address in 1938