Television Batwoman | CW series

Sylar

Hopefully its more Arrow s1and 2 rather than later seasons. It is CW though.

Iill watch regardless because of course i will.

Hoof the ball

I'm sure I'll watch it, regardless, too. :lol:

Every scene that has every person in the room speaking a single line of dialogue in consecutive fashion.
Every villain that speaks......very.......slowly.....

Oh, why do I do it? The only one I don't watch is Supergirl.

evil_geko

So many cringy feminist lines, give DC to someone other than CW, please!

Andersons Dietician

There better be an Iris cross-over to show her how to be a kick-ass super hero and work on her right hook.

Telling you though guys Riverdale is where it’s at. It’s just plain lunacy and rubbish outlandish writing that it is actually kind of good. The amount of beatings the lead character has taken including a bear attack I’m sure Archie would have a brain like mince by now due to the concussions.

Sanche7

Anyone seen this? The show aired its first and it currently has an ImdB rating of 3.7! despite having a Rottentomatoes rating of 80%.
Surely it can't be that bad, maybe it's too feminist for the internet's liking or maybe it's to pretend-feminist for anyone's liking or maybe it's just a super shite show. Going by the trailer and the background score of the trailer which was - 'I'm a girl, I'm a woman', I think I know the reason

Andersons Dietician

Anyone seen this? The show aired its first and it currently has an ImdB rating of 3.7! despite having a Rottentomatoes rating of 80%.
Surely it can't be that bad, maybe it's too feminist for the internet's liking or maybe it's to pretend-feminist for anyone's liking or maybe it's just a super shite show. Going by the trailer and the background score of the trailer which was - 'I'm a girl, I'm a woman', I think I know the reason
I had it on in the background but nothing really stood out to me. Did notice that the Batsuit looks terrible.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Honestly think it because itll naturally be compared to Titans, and was nowhere near as good.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I haven't seen it and probably won't watch but I can almost guarantee the main character will be a lesbian.

Sylar

I haven't seen it and probably won't watch but I can almost guarantee the main character will be a lesbian.
I mean, they have said the character is openly gay.

I have no issue with that. If its subtle and like a normal relationship. The problem comes when they have to say 'men are bad, woman are great, hence women are gay'.

Ill probably watch this though.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
I mean, they have said the character is openly gay.

I have no issue with that. If its subtle and like a normal relationship. The problem comes when they have to say 'men are bad, woman are great, hence women are gay'.

Ill probably watch this though.
I didn't even know it existed until I saw it for download 30 minutes ago. I just checked IMDB and it doesn't look promising.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Batwoman has been a lesbian in the comics and cartoons for a decade so it would be strange if she suddenly wasn't in this.
I haven't read a DC comic, except the recent Wildstorm series, for over 20 years so wasn't aware of that.

evil_geko

It is TERRIBLE, awful acting, feminist crap at every corner, I literally can't remember I saw anything worse than this. Supergirl also had/has some cringy feminist stuff in it but it is Oscar worthy compared to this train wreck.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Think I’ll give it a miss so I’m not really contributing much but love this show is pissing off the incels

padr81

Supports
Man City
To be honest, the show is not nearly as feminist as the trailers had it come across. The trailers got it off to a bad start with the he-man brigade but really ep1 at least had very little outside of the parts in the trailer (and I'm one of those people who thought the female ass kicking in End Game was cheesy and out of place).

Having watched it, it's just option 3, terribly written with dull characters and super shite. It will fade into nothing but its no more feminist than the comic. Her ex-girlfriend is actually the only semi interesting character in the whole thing.

spaceboyRSA

I get the feeling that the arrowverse will slowly fade away. I enjoyed the first few seasons of arrow and flash, but really starting to get a bit rubbish now.

Sanche7

I get the feeling that the arrowverse will slowly fade away. I enjoyed the first few seasons of arrow and flash, but really starting to get a bit rubbish now.
Same here in fact I stopped watching arrow and flash a few years ago. I don't think it's just strarting to become rubbish, I think it has been utter rubbish for the past ffe years except for the first few seasons

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Tried watching this, it’s awful.

Legends is the only show in the Arrowverse that I enjoy. The rest have nosedived in quality after the first couple of seasons.

Sylar

TBF, Legends and Supergirl started off shit too, Legends especially. This show needs to get into a flow and realise what works for them.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
Same here in fact I stopped watching arrow and flash a few years ago. I don't think it's just strarting to become rubbish, I think it has been utter rubbish for the past ffe years except for the first few seasons
The flash stopped being good for me when the only main villain for the flash was another speedster and they used the best one in season 1.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Won't waste my time watching this. Gosh the CW are terrible - all the DC shows are kinda rubbish and I hear bad things about Riverdale. I used to watch Vampire diaries and that was terrible as well. Have they never not ruined a show?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Won't waste my time watching this. Gosh the CW are terrible - all the DC shows are kinda rubbish and I hear bad things about Riverdale. I used to watch Vampire diaries and that was terrible as well. Have they never not ruined a show?
I watched the french version of Riverdale, just 4-5 episodes and it was utter utter crazy trash. One stupid plot after another

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I watched the french version of Riverdale, just 4-5 episodes and it was utter utter crazy trash. One stupid plot after another
Can't remember where I read it but I remember someone saying they only cast attractive people for their shows.

Andersons Dietician

That’s kind of where it’s genius lies. It’s mental, but somehow I watch it every week just to see what bat sh!t crazy thing they’ve come up with this week. No show can top it for lunacy, the only thing that hasn’t happened yet is Alien Abduction. Surely won’t be too far away.

Sylar

To be honest, the show is not nearly as feminist as the trailers had it come across. The trailers got it off to a bad start with the he-man brigade but really ep1 at least had very little outside of the parts in the trailer (and I'm one of those people who thought the female ass kicking in End Game was cheesy and out of place).

Having watched it, it's just option 3, terribly written with dull characters and super shite. It will fade into nothing but its no more feminist than the comic. Her ex-girlfriend is actually the only semi interesting character in the whole thing.
Yeah just watched ep1. Nothing was terrible, but nothing was great. It didn't have a kickass start but I guess neither did arrow? Whereas flash had the benefit of appearing in arrow first (altho she did appear in the crossover )

This show will thrive if it's allowed to go into the whole villain gallery (like the show Gotham did after season 1)

The show has the issue that Supergirl had with all the mentions of the more popular male counterpart

Sylar

so ive seen 3 episodes. The issue with this is the talk about Bruce Wayne and Batman. Its too much of a focus. I kinda get why given they are in Gotham, but imo its too much. Im guessing this was also set before Elseworlds given the end of the third she got her suit with red hair (which they at least poked fun at).

I dont mind Ruby as shes on par with the people theyve had on these Arrowverse shows. I dont even mind the backstory theyve given her which seems different from comics. But the action is terrible. Ive seen some great stuff on Arrow, and this is not good.

Oh dear. 3.0 on IMDB, 12% Rotten Tomatoes
Interesting. Having a look now, its 3.2 on imdb and 72% on RT.

I think one issue they have also is how they are trying to show that women can be strong. Lesbians can be strong?? Is that what they are trying to do? But the fact is they arent subtle at all.
Stuff like 'its better now that a woman is wearing it' is not a good line. the worst is 'a woman doesnt need a man', but then her needing a man to make changes to a suit, and basically her needing all the stuff a man left behind. I dont know if its meant to be unintentionally funny in that aspect or just unaware of bow bad they are at being subtle :lol:
Describe batwoman as 'batman but sexier and curvier' on a radio show is nuts too. jheez. I know its CW but come on.

They need to take some hints of being subtle from legends with how they use Sarah Lance.

Drifter

American
so ive seen 3 episodes. The issue with this is the talk about Bruce Wayne and Batman. Its too much of a focus. I kinda get why given they are in Gotham, but imo its too much. Im guessing this was also set before Elseworlds given the end of the third she got her suit with red hair (which they at least poked fun at).

I dont mind Ruby as shes on par with the people theyve had on these Arrowverse shows. I dont even mind the backstory theyve given her which seems different from comics. But the action is terrible. Ive seen some great stuff on Arrow, and this is not good.

Interesting. Having a look now, its 3.2 on imdb and 72% on RT.

I think one issue they have also is how they are trying to show that women can be strong. Lesbians can be strong?? Is that what they are trying to do? But the fact is they arent subtle at all.
Stuff like 'its better now that a woman is wearing it' is not a good line. the worst is 'a woman doesnt need a man', but then her needing a man to make changes to a suit, and basically her needing all the stuff a man left behind. I dont know if its meant to be unintentionally funny in that aspect or just unaware of bow bad they are at being subtle :lol:
Describe batwoman as 'batman but sexier and curvier' on a radio show is nuts too. jheez. I know its CW but come on.

They need to take some hints of being subtle from legends with how they use Sarah Lance.
Never watched Batwoman and no intentions to. I'm done with CW shows in general accept Black Lightening . So much more better material out there ,C.W. now looks dated

Sylar

So this show has pretty much just dragged through it seems. It feels like im watching just for the sake of future cross overs and the hope they actually introduce some awesome gotham villains.

I am hoping the the ep15 is a turning point given what happened
Kate kills a man, going against the code put in place.

Honestly, im kinda surprised they did that this season. But unless they unleash villians, this show will struggle.