Bayindir HAS to start the next game. [SPOILER]He didn't[/SPOILER]

Glorio

From the videos I've seen, Heaton seems a much better, calmer presence

arthurka

One question why isn´t Heaton playing? He is better than both of these clowns.

putzmcgee123

From the videos I've seen, Heaton seems a much better, calmer presence
That video linked earlier in this thread is shocking. My keeper in seven-a-side has better technique than this fella. If not Heaton, let's give Sergio Romero a call!

Sparky Rhiwabon

AFCON can’t come round soon enough so this guy can be given a chance.

Apparently he’s been incredibly good in training and Onana has claimed he’s the best #2 he’s had & worried he’ll lose his spot.
You’ll be begging for Onana to come back from Africa once this guy starts playing

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
How shit are our scouts that they paid more for this clown than we sold a much more talented younger keeper for? For the love of god bring in a half competent director of football, preferably don't hire someone from the only club run worse than us in the whole league, like we did with Murtough.

flameinthesun

Genuinely makes you think what the hell is going on in our scouting/recruitment department.

I think its just a case of poor standards from the top and lack of ambition transferring its way throughout the club. It wouldn't suprise if we don't really have any top scouts, recruiters, analysts etc.

RedRocket9908

Why did we sign two crap goalkeepers?
I dont think any goalkeeper would succeed in this Man Utd side with fans who will turn blame them for almost every goal we conceed despite them not having any proper defence in front of them.

DDG made awful mistakes on a regular basis all through his time at Man Utd but never got anywhere near the amount of abuse Andre Onana has recieved.

CoopersDream

DDG made awful mistakes on a regular basis all through his time at Man Utd but never got anywhere near the amount of abuse Andre Onana has recieved.
While Onana certianly been heavily critisized, de Gea has been on the end of heavy abuse the past years as well. The difference between them is that de Gea has been a world class player for us for many years, while Onana has done nothing but single handidly knock us out of the Champions League.

I do not know if Ten Hag is close to getting the sack now, but if we keep up our performances over the next few weeks he might be out the door already and a big part of that would be Onana's dreadful CL performances.

sdb4884

I really don't understand why we even have backup goalkeepers, they don't even get a look in at all. De Gea's form was pretty ordinary in his last few seasons, never got dropped, Onana has been a standing calamity since signing, not dropped.

el3mel

I dont think any goalkeeper would succeed in this Man Utd side with fans who will turn blame them for almost every goal we conceed despite them not having any proper defence in front of them.

Probably because De Gea single handedly carried the whole team on his back for about 3 or 4 years in a row being the best player of the team and winning us multiple games on his own.

RedRocket9908

While Onana certianly been heavily critisized, de Gea has been on the end of heavy abuse the past years as well. The difference between them is that de Gea has been a world class player for us for many years, while Onana has done nothing but single handidly knock us out of the Champions League.

I do not know if Ten Hag is close to getting the sack now, but if we keep up our performances over the next few weeks he might be out the door already and a big part of that would be Onana's dreadful CL performances.
Onana did not single handedly knock us out of the Champions League this season, claiming he did is ridiculous

RedRocket9908

Probably because De Gea single handedly carried the whole team on his back for about 3 or 4 years in a row being the best player of the team and winning us multiple games on his own.
In a lot of those games De Gea alledgedly won us the only reason we were hanging on at the end was because he had made a mistake earlier and allowed the oppisition back in to the game, he probably cost us more points than he saved us over the years and a few trophies as well.

Shake Jism

In a lot of those games De Gea alledgedly won us the only reason we were hanging on at the end was because he had made a mistake earlier and allowed the oppisition back in to the game, he probably cost us more points than he saved us over the years and a few trophies as well.
The Sunderland semi-final howler being among the most egregious.

el3mel

Bring examples of this.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Onana did not single handedly knock us out of the Champions League this season, claiming he did is ridiculous
He did though. He cost us both Galatasaray games, with any semi competent goalkeeper we get at least 4 if not 6 points from these games and are still in CL.

That's not been true for some years now. He along with a few others loved to sit deep and let attackers run through midfield to take shots from range. Made for some great highlight reels but put us under unnecessary pressure all game long.

Whether Onana is the one for us or not, De Gea needed to go.

el3mel

That's not been true for some years now. He along with a few others loved to sit deep and let attackers run through midfield to take shots from range. Made for some great highlight reels but put us under unnecessary pressure all game long.

Whether Onana is the one for us or not, De Gea needed to go.
That's not the point though, the poster is saying why De Gea wasn't blamed as much as Onana, and that's because De Gea had great history with us unlike Onana.

I'm not arguing De Gea should have stayed. He was past his prime. Onana is a far worse keeper than him in every single metric though, and we fecked up his replacement.

RedRocket9908

He did though. He cost us both Galatasaray games, with any semi competent goalkeeper we get at least 4 if not 6 points from these games and are still in CL.
Poor defending and Casemiro's red card for a silly challenge after Lindelof put Onana in a bad position by passing back when he had no need to cost us the first game.

In the 2nd game silly freekicks given away by Bruno and poor defending as well as Martial being too lazy to jump and make an easy headed clearance on the 2nd freekick cost us.

Rashford stupidly getting himself a straight red cost us the 2nd game with Copenhagen

RedRocket9908

That's not the point though, the poster is saying why De Gea wasn't blamed as much as Onana, and that's because De Gea had great history with us unlike Onana.

I'm not arguing De Gea should have stayed. He was past his prime. Onana is a far worse keeper than him in every single metric though, and we fecked up his replacement.
De Gea was never this world class goalkeeper some claimhe was and was never at any point at the level of world class goalkeepers like Buffon, Casilla, or Cech.

He might have been a world class shotstopper for a period but couldnt throw, couldnt use his feet, couldnt claim crosses or corners, couldnt save penalties, his positiining for set pieces was awful, he had no control of his 6 yard box, and was too often stuck to his goalline.

el3mel

De Gea was never this world class goalkeeper some claimhe was and was never at any point at the level of world class goalkeepers like Buffon, Casilla, or Cech.

He might have been a world class shotstopper for a period but couldnt throw, couldnt use his feet, couldnt claim crosses or corners, couldnt save penalties, his positiining for set pieces was awful, he had no control of his 6 yard box, and was too often stuck to his goalline.
You didn't reply to my post ?

Bring examples of this.

Sarni

Poor defending and Casemiro's red card for a silly challenge after Lindelof put Onana in a bad position by passing back when he had no need to cost us the first game.

In the 2nd game silly freekicks given away by Bruno and poor defending as well as Martial being too lazy to jump and make an easy headed clearance on the 2nd freekick cost us.

Rashford stupidly getting himself a straight red cost us the 2nd game with Copenhagen
You cannot possibly blame a goal on a player giving a free kick in that position, especially as both those free kicks were taken quite poorly by Ziyech. It's 100% on Onana.

You know your goalkeeper is terrible when you are terrified of a long distance free kick like that.

Born2Lose

Among the seemingly neverending list of naive moves EtH has made, one notable one to me is not giving Bayandir any game time before Onana goes to AfCon.

League Cup would have been perfect but we know how bad EtH is at never resting players and never dropping his favourites.

RedRocket9908

You cannot possibly blame a goal on a player giving a free kick in that position, especially as both those free kicks were taken quite poorly by Ziyech. It's 100% on Onana.

You know your goalkeeper is terrible when you are terrified of a long distance free kick like that.
The first one was down to the wall having a huge hole in it and the 2nd was Martial's fault.

On the 2nd freekick the angle from behind the goal shows Onana positioning his feet on the goalline ready to deal with it but when the ball comes in he sees Martial motioning like he was going to make what should have been an easy header clear and adjusts his feet accordingly but Martial dosnt make the easy header leaving Onana only a split second to react and make a save which causes him to fumble it.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Genuinely makes you think what the hell is going on in our scouting/recruitment department.

I think its just a case of poor standards from the top and lack of ambition transferring its way throughout the club. It wouldn't suprise if we don't really have any top scouts, recruiters, analysts etc.
United's recruitement department this Summer:

Sarni

The first one was down to the wall having a huge hole in it and the 2nd was Martial's fault.

On the 2nd freekick the angle from behind the goal shows Onana positioning his feet on the goalline ready to deal with it but when the ball comes in he sees Martial motioning like he was going to make what should have been an easy header clear and adjusts his feet accordingly but Martial dosnt make the easy header leaving Onana only a split second to react and make a save which causes him to fumble it.
So basically Onana could not have done any better for either goal. Good.

I lived in Milan last year and watched him a lot, I have to disagree with that. He is a good shot stopper but thats the only area where De Gea beats him, he is brilliant at commanding the area, organising the defence, and distribution. The player we've got is like a cut price version but that's on the club not him, since it happens to everybody who comes here. We could turn Messi into Emile Heskey. Give him the time to play in a functioning team.

el3mel

I lived in Milan last year and watched him a lot, I have to disagree with that. He is a good shot stopper but thats the only area where De Gea beats him, he is brilliant at commanding the area, organising the defence, and distribution. The player we've got is like a cut price version but that's on the club not him, since it happens to everybody who comes here. We could turn Messi into Emile Heskey. Give him the time to play in a functioning team.
How is that on the club though? He's a goalkeeper. That's pretty much the only position on the pitch that you can evaluate based on the player's individual efforts alone. It's not like a striker who needs someone to feed him balls first. Yeah defense helps cutting the goals conceded and all that but the keeper's highlights and mistakes are his own doing. No one is blaming him for the number of goals conceded as the defense share this with him, but he's blamed for the way he conceded such shots or his own individual mistakes.

We have seen that with De Gea when we were awful and he was the only one playing well.